Velsura! - That Time I Got Se...

By Lobotomiskii

**NEW CHAPTERS ON SUNDAY** "It is I, the Great Storm Dragon: Veldora Tempest! Now, uhm- you see, I may have c... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Oh hello, me
Chapter 2 - A Village in the Forest
Chapter 3 - Battle of the Goblin Village
Chapter 4 - I've Been Found Out!
Chapter 5 - The Hero King and The Evil Dragon
Chapter 6 - Meeting Shizu
Chapter 7 - Our Histories
Notice
Chapter 9 - An Ominous Fate
Chapter 10 - Visitors
Chapter 11 - The Conference
Notice 2
Chapter 12 - Before the Storm
Special Chapter! - Christmas in the Empire of Monsters!
Chapter 13 - Tempest vs. Orcs
Notice 3
Chapter 14 - Awaken
Chapter 15 - Shizue and The Empire of Monsters
Chapter 15.1 - Diary of an Arrogant Dragon
Chapter 15.2 - Best Buddies
Chapter 16 - Shizue has a Crush!(and some other boring things like diplomacy)
Notice(again)
Chapter 17 - Uncle Veldora!
Yet another notice(look, I'm really sorry)
Chapter 18 - The Demon Instructor
Chapter 19 - Annoying People and Headaches with Fuze
Announcement

Chapter 8 - Tormented Flames

633 24 31
By Lobotomiskii

Writing format:

[[Ciel/Raphael/Great Sage]]

{Skills or Abilities}

{{VOTW}}

#Whisper/Mumble#

"Dialogue"

"Telepathic Dialogue"

Internal Monlogue/Emphasis

Loud

________________________________________________________________________________

Shizue POV:

Please! Stop this!

I need to get in control of my body, but Ifrit is too strong! Please! Just give me the strength to do this, God, or whoever else!

I-

I don't want to hurt someone else again, just because I'm too weak to control myself!

Rimuru-san...

I'm sorry...

________________________________________________________________________________

Veldora POV:

"Long time no see, Charys!" I shout to attract the attention of the fire spirit. "I'm very sorry, but I must stop you right here!" I declare with brimming confidence. Ifrit appears to be enraged, and launches multiple fire-based attacks at me. I dodge most, but some land onto me. Fortunately, my {Heat Resistance} saves me.

"{Icicle Lance}!" Elen launches a shard of ice at Ifrit, who dodges it. Hmm... If I remember correctly, Rimuru defeated Charys using... Naruhodo!

"Elen! Fire an icicle lance at me!"

"Eh!?" She asks, confused, but I nod at her, confirming my intention. She responds with a determined hum, before redirecting her attack at me. I absorb the icicle, while {Great Sage} analyses its magical composition.

[[Notice:Analysis of spell: {Icicle Lance} succesful.]]

"Kua-ha-ha-ha! Ifrit, prepare yourself, for I shall now show you my ultimate attack! [Twenty Meter Radius Emerald Splash]!" A myriad of magic circles appear in the sky, all directed towards Ifrit. As I activate the magic, a barrage of icicles assaults Ifrit from all directions. He attempts to block it, but fails, obviously. "Fool! No one can just deflect the Emerald Splash!"

Ifrit eventually collapses to the ground, with bruises and cuts all over his body. I approach him, slowly, and menacingly(I'm totally not a chuunibyou, ok? I'm actually the main character!). Ifrit snarls, and summons a dozen or so clones, who surround me. But unfortunately for him, no one can deflect Emerald Splash. However, it seemed he had yet another trick up his sleeve, a {Flare Circle}. My small body was engulfed by Ifrit's flames, but it seems like he still hasn't learned the lesson I taught him last time. Actually, I haven't taught him that lesson in this timeline yet... I'll make a note to do that. The fire dissipates to reveal an unharmed me.

"Kua-ha-ha-ha! Ifrit, you'll need a lot more power if you wish to hurt me!" He tries to raise his hand to conjure another magic circle, but he can't. Kua-ha-ha-ha! That's right, you've been caught by my thread! Ifrit struggles, but the thread doesn't budge. "Ifrit- no, Charys, I'll be sending you into my stomach now. Take your time to reflect on your actions, you'll have someone there to help you, anyways." I smirk at that last part. Ifrit seems to take offense to that, and growls at me, trying to attack me, but he can't. I activate {Predator}, and devour his body, consuming the heat and flames along with him.

"{Great Sage}, separate Shizue from Charys, and find a way to save Shizue."

[[Notice: Induvidual "Shizue" has been successfully separated from Induvidual "Ifrit".]] I nod in satisfaction. [[However, with your current skills, you cannot save the Induvidual "Shizue" without re-integrating the Induvidual "Ifrit" or another high-level spiritual lifeform.]] Shit!

Now you tell me that there's no way to save Shizue?! Even after I promised I would?!

Argh!

[[Suggestion: You can store the Induvidual "Shizue" in your {Stomach} temporarily until a method to save her is discovered.]]

Hmm... that's better than nothing. But that means I still have to find a way to save Shizue! Man, I just want to laze around and read manga... but this is important.

I will find a way to save Shizue, no matter how many braincells I sacrifice! Kua-ha-ha-ha!

________________________________________________________________________________

Ifrit POV:

I find myself in an unknown space.

How did I get here?

The last thing I remember is fighting a slime. I was enraged at it's mockery of me, I was determined to defeat it, but I lost in the end. I suppose, this is the slimes stomach?

"#-ther me, I sent in a friend for you. Treat him well, alright?#"

"#Kua-ha-ha-ha! Worry not! However, I do wonder, what's the point of sending this guy to me?#"

I'm hearing voices.

"#Fret not, other me! It's simply part of the genius plan I devised to save Shizue! Kua-ha-ha-ha!#"

"#Kua-ha-ha-ha! As expected of me!#"

Strangely, it seems like there are two beings conversing, although their voices seem to be identical.

"#Kua-ha-ha-ha!#"

"#Kua-ha-ha-ha!#"

How annoying. Perhaps this is hell?

I suddenly sense a huge presence ahead of me. In a panic, I raise my hand to attack whoever is there, but I soon realize my mistake. The beam of fire is simply deflected by the jet black skin of the being before me. The fire illuminates the surroundings, allowing me to see the entity in its entirety. Blue-black scales, enormous wings, piercing eyes...

"S-storm dragon..."

In response to my fearful reaction, the dragon loudly laughs. "Kua-ha-ha-ha!"

At this moment, I realized just who- no, what I had challenged.

________________________________________________________________________________

Veldora POV:

"Rimuru-san... Thank you."

I kinda want to boast right now, something like, 'Kua-ha-ha-ha! Of course, that's just how great I am!', but I feel like this isn't an appropriate time.

"I... I almost hurt someone I cared about again." I don't know what to say right now, so I'll just stay silent. "I... Rimuru-san... would you mind listening to my story?"

"Of course!" I affirm loudly, probably too loudly. I think I might've startled her a bit... sorry Shizue.

Her gentle expression returns to her, and she continues. She starts to tell me her story, about how she got summoned by that Leon guy, and how she killed her friend. How she was adopted by the Hero. She continues talking for a while, and I stay beside her, listening politely.

She eventually ends her story.

"You see, Rimuru-san, I want to let people know my story, to let them know how I lived. To let them know that I lived." Her body starts to age rapidly as she finishes her request. She looks at me with peaceful eyes, the eyes of someone who has accepted their death. "Rimuru-san... can you please do something for me?"

I nod.

"Then... eat me." Huh? That's certainly a shocking request. Well, I've already seen this once, but still... "Just like you ate the curse that was placed on me. That made me so happy, you know?" She pauses for a while. "I- I dislike this world, but somehow, I can't abhor it." She says with a trembling voice as tears begin to form in her eyes.

"I don't want to be absorbed by this world that I hate... so this is my last request." Her voice is filled with sadness, but also a strange conviction. "Please... let me rest inside you."

"I won't." I've already made up my mind long ago, Shizue.

"Huh?"

"Because you won't be dying here, Shizue. I'll make sure."

"B-but-"

"Shizue. Don't even think about dying here, those children need you."

"W- will they- will they even want me back!? I abandoned them!" She shouts angrily. "Why would they even... why would anyone want to keep a burden like me alive!? Everyone already abandoned me... Demon Lord Leon... the Hero... even Hinata... and its because I'm useless... Even now, I'm only making myself a burden to you! Rimuru-san... I can't live like this anymore. I can't live with myself while knowing that I killed her! I can't live knowing that I'll only hurt the people I care about!"

"Shizue! That was Ifrit's doing, you never wanted to hurt anyone, you were just forced to against your will!" Don't worry Shizue, I'll give Charys-kun a big scolding after this. "I know that you only wanted to help them."

She tries to speak up again, but she stops herself, re-thinking her response.

"Y-you're right... I... I just wanted to make sure that nobody would go through the same pain that I did..." The tears in her eyes start to streak down the sides of her face.

"Rimuru-san."

"Yes?"

"I- I want to have another chance." She whispers, quietly. "I want to be able to do something right for once, so if you won't kill me here, then could you give me another chance to do things right?" She says louder this time, with hints of hope finally returning to her voice.

"Kua-ha-ha-ha! Who do you take me for! Of course I can!" She smiles as I explain to her how I plan to save her.

"Alright then, I accept. Please save me, Rimuru-san!" Success!

"Don't worry Shizue, we'll save the children together, and I'll make sure that Leon guy hears what you have to say. I swear on my name, Tempest!"

She giggles. "Then I'll be waiting for that, Rimuru-san! But first, I want to ask you something..." She pauses. "I want to know your name."

"Huh? Didn't I-" I stare at her in confusion.

"I mean your real name, the one from before you were reincarnated here." Crap! She believed that?

"Uhmmm... Well- You see- I uhh-"

"It's alright slime-san. Tell me when I wake up, alright?" She smiles warmly at me, almost enough to make me blush. What!? I'm the Storm Dragon, I won't be seduced so easily!

"Of course! Kua-ha-ha-ha!" She deadpans at my boisterous attitude.

We exchange our goodbyes. I would have liked to chat a bit longer, but her body will soon wilt. In the end, I absorbed Shizue, and put her in an isolated space in my {Stomach}.

Phew, I managed to convince her to live! Kua-ha-ha-ha! The greatness of the Storm Dragon knows no bounds!

While I praise myself internally, a quiet voice speaks out in my head. I was too busy gloating to hear what they said, but it was something along the lines of "Good job, Veldora". Perhaps it was my other self in my stomach, praising me as well? Kua-ha-ha-ha!

________________________________________________________________________________

A few minutes later...

3rd POV:

"KUA-HA-HA-HA!" A loud and annoyi- *ahem* glorious laugh sounds across the Town of Rimuru. "I, Rimuru Tempest, have finally obtained a human form!" A crowd gathers around the house where a tall, blond-haired man just leapt out of a window. Surprisingly, everyone seems to be in awe at the supposed 'magnificence' of this scene. With notable exceptions, of course.

""Rimuru-san!?"" The idiotic trio shouts, having pushed through the crowd of goblins to see the glamorous new form that their friend has taken. "What happened in there!? Is Shizu-san OK!?" Or perhaps not.

"Uhh- *ahem* rest assured! Shizue is in my {Stomach} right now!" The man declares proudly. The trio does not rest assured, and starts to voice their complaints. "*ahem* Alright, alright! Shizue is in critical condition after I separated her from Ifrit. I've got a way to save her, but it will take some time to prepare. In the meantime, I'm storing her in my {Stomach} so that her condition won't worsen." Having heard his explanation, the trio backs off.

"Well, as long as Shizu-San is OK!" The little elf girl happily replies, her attitude having done a complete 180.

"Kua-ha-ha-ha! Leave it to me!" Veldora(Rimuru) strikes a pose, somewhat familiar to a particular manga.

In the background, Rigurd cries tears of joy.

""We appreciate all of your help, Rimuru!"" The trio bows to Veldora, who instinctively looks around for his brother, before remembering that he IS Rimuru right now.

"No worries! The future Jura-Tempest Empire is will gladly help you! Kua-ha-ha-ha!"

The two sides chat a bit about what they do afterwards, as well as casually slandering the Guildmaster more than a few times.

Meanwhile in Blumund...

"What the fuck is going on!? I've been sneezing non-stop for the last 20 minutes!" Guildmaster Fuze cries in anguish as he continues to sneeze, without stop.

Back in Tempest...

"Oh, before you leave, you're equipment looks terrible, if I do say so myself." Veldora suddenly remarks, having somehow reached an entirely different point of conversation. "If you want, we can give you some new gear before you leave!" Veldora's cheerful smile indicates his ignorance to the fact that he just insulted the three adventurers, who were particularly sensitive about their financial problems. They weren't going to complain, though.

"Woaaah! This is the scale-armor that I've always wanted!" "T-This robe! It's so light, but sturdy! And it's pretty as well!" "Do we really deserve all of this fine equipment, Rimuru-san!?" Veldora basks in the praise, sporting in a smug grin.

"Kua-ha-ha-ha! Of course! These are the finest works from the Jura-Tempest Empire's artisans, Kaijin and the three dwarf brothers!"

The three adventurers are in disbelief, having heard that their new equipment was forged by world-class blacksmiths and craftsmen. Their disbelief, however, is quickly replaced by an attitude of 'Whatever! It's good stuff, so I don't have to worry about it!'.

In the end, the grim atmosphere left by the battle with Ifrit has completely departed from the City of Monsters, with Shizue's three companions leaving the town with smiles on their faces.

"Oi, Rimuru-san! Don't do anything inappropriate with Shizue while we're gone, alright!?" Kaval jokes at Veldora. Their laughter is interrupted by Ellen's fist, firmly planting itself into Kaval's cheek. Which only results in Veldora and Gido doubling down, laughing even harder than before.

The four friends end up wasting time, joking around for another half an hour, before they finally realized that it was time to leave. "Kua-ha-ha-ha! Very well! Good luck my friends!" Veldora waved until they disappeared into the trees. He was happy, he just made some new friends today.

The first arc of Veldora's new story thus ended on a happy note.

________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N) Hey guys! Sorry I'm late with this chapter!

My writing is probably really bad in this chapter, because I don't know how to write emotional stuff, nor do I know how to properly format a story. Once again, I'll be editing this chapter later, in case I made any grammar mistakes or fucked up the story in some way.

But oh well,

I hope you enjoyed this chapter nonetheless. Thanks for reading Velsura!

2451 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 385 9
A tensura fanfic! "Warning!! cringry 4th grade grammar" "Contains Mature Content Such As "Blood,Gore,Cursing,Killing,Psychopathic Behavior" Story: Ve...
42.3K 1.8K 24
Feldway finally had enough. He brought out his true body, crafted by Veldanava's hands, while Rimuru was distracted, fighting an enraged Milim under...
167K 5.8K 63
Title: Tensura: From Primordial Silver to True Dragon - The Epic Tale of Rimuru Tempest Hey guys, here's a new story for you, so give it a read. And...
157K 5.7K 64
Follow an unlucky fellow as F/N discovers a new world and things he never knew. Rediscover things he would rather have forgotten and left back on Ear...