Astra's OCS - Criminal Case

By Astra-Galaxy

This book is dedicated to the OCs of my Criminal Case series. Here you can find designs and info about my cha... More

OCs Without Profiles
Adalet Sadik-Halvorsen
Anders Sadik-Halvorsen
Fili Savage
Ahmet Savage
Aslan Sadik-Halvorsen
Heimdall Sadik-Halvorsen
Elijah Young
Avi Douglas
Léon Toussaint
The Pets
John Savage
Quinn Savage
Magnus Dahl
Tómus Dahl
Runa Dahl
Eir Dahl
Maria Sadik
Deniz Sadik
Aurora Toivonen
Vukašin Zima
Hazan Tilki
Brage Halvorsen
Soffía Halvorsen
Birgitta Halvorsen
Will Murphy
Valentina Ramirez
Lucia Ramirez
Mariposa Ramirez
Itzel Ramirez
Renée Murphy
Kára Halvorsen
Aleksey Zima
Cybele Floros
Henrik Dahl
Devi Pandit
G.I.A.
U.N.I.T.
New Asgard
Esther Clayton
Eliza Clayton
Evangeline Clayton
Cedric Clayton
Oberon Douglas
Digger Douglas
Poppy Douglas
Rosaire d'Entremont
Lauren Baliey
Camila Martinez
Milagros Santiago
Anna Hansson
Emil Gunnarsson
Slade Masters
Nicolas Doyle
Ratko Kovac
Brock Ward
Kirby Starr
Francisco Cantú
Victoria Holt
Pyotr Morozov
Terence Bellerose
Liv Haugen
Summer Queen
Lois Kane
Gray White
Thomas Smith
Wilfred Pennyworth
Malaya Mendoza
Gustave Olofsson
Fiona Gillmor
Heather Queen
Dee Lebeau
Noah Smith
Danyon Wilson
Illia Leblanc
Sephora Levesque
Scottie Riddle
Kacy Keller
Phoebe Fisher
Bell Beauty
Ariel Pond
Nancy McPhee
Vicki Seeker
Evangelos Kontos
Kimberly Worthington
Im Sol
Song Haneul
Christopher Hanson
Yasemin Hanson
Andrew Bontemps
Flora Holloway
Justine Dawson
Milan Archer-Adams
Giselle Archer-Adams
Maaike Archer
Lance Archer
Terrance Zimmerman
Reese Rochester
Argo Acquafredda
Jason Nicchi
Patty Harrigan
Ivy Noel
Romulus Fabbri
Tomioka Takara
Misha Zima
André Santos

Kavi Pandit

114 2 54
By Astra-Galaxy

"Excellent idea, my dear; I can see why you and my grandson are such good friends!" - Kavi Pandit

Biographical information

Full Name: Kavi Pandit

Gender: Male

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Status: Alive

Age: 84 (season 3)

Birth: 1932

Race: Human

Nationality: Indian

Origin: Chhattisgarh, India

Residence:

* Chhattisgarh, India

* New Orleans, Louisiana, USA (formerly)

Past Profession(s): Director of the United Nations Intelligence Team (U.N.I.T.)

Family:

* Devi Pandit (daughter) (incarcerated)

* Nathan Pandit (grandson)

* Oberon Douglas (grandson-in-law)

* Avi Douglas (great-grandson)

Partner(s): Mala Pandit (ex-wife)

Affiliation(s): United Nations Intelligence Team (U.N.I.T.)

Profile

Height: 5'7"

Age: 84 (season 3)

Weight: 184lbs

Eyes: brown

Blood: A-

The grandfather of Nathan Pandit, Kavi, is an elderly gentleman with dark skin slightly lighter than his grandson's. He wears a light brown suit, a white dress shirt, and an orange tie. His curly gray hair is kept short, with a receding hairline, and he has a bushy gray beard. He also has square-framed glasses that sit in front of his brown eyes.

History

Kavi was born and raised in Chhattisgarh, India, where he met and married his now ex-wife Mala. They had their daughter Devi after a few years of marriage, and all was going well in the beginning. But soon, problems arose when Kavi was promoted to Assistant Director of U.N.I.T.

His family believed he worked for the Indian government when that was just a cover story for his real job. He never wanted to be so deep into U.N.I.T, but his boss convinced him to take the promotion.

This promotion led to Kavi spending more time away from Mala and Devi. He tried to be home with his girls, but his job kept demanding more and more from him. Eventually, Mala couldn't take Kavi never being home anymore, and the two divorced.

Kavi had minimal visitation rights for his daughter; Mala only allowed him to see her on her birthday and holidays but never alone. Mala always had to be there to supervise the visits. As Devi got older, Mala's influence led to her refusing to see her father, and Kavi repeated his daughter's choices, even if they hurt him.

But Kavi always kept a distant eye on his daughter as she grew. Unbeknownst to Devi, he attended her high school and college graduation and would still send her anonymous gifts for her birthday and holidays. He even did a background check on Léon Toussaint when he discovered that the man was dating his daughter.

Thankfully for Léon, he passed the inspection with flying colours.

When Kavi learned that Devi was pregnant, he wanted to step in and help her. But he knew his daughter would reject any help he offered, and Mala would do everything she could to keep him away.

A few days after Devi gave birth, Kavi discovered that she had surrendered the baby to the hospital. He thought Mala might step in and help Devi take care of the baby, but his ex-wife had become too cold-hearted to find the desire within to help their grandchild.

Sadly, when the baby was born, Kavi was in the process of becoming Director of U.N.I.T and couldn't take the baby in. But years later, when his personal and work lives were balanced, he wasted no time visiting the orphanage to take his grandchild home.

What he discovered when he visited the orphanage made his blood boil. The children were given the minimum to survive; all suffered from starvation, dehydration or both. There was also the matter of how they were "punished" for misbehaving." They were beaten, locked into dark closets, or denied food for days.

His grandchild suffered from starvation and refused to speak for the longest time. Not because they didn't want to, but because they didn't know many words. Most children were behind in their schooling, and Kavi's grandchild hadn't been taught much more than a basic vocabulary because of their blindness.

Kavi launched an investigation into the orphanage. The investigation lasted for a long time, but he was able to take his grandchild away. While the orphanage couldn't be shut down yet, as it was the only one in the area, changes were being made as a new building was being constructed.

While U.N.I.T investigated the orphanage, Kavi focused on his grandchild's recovery. It took months for the child to begin overcoming their trauma, but eventually, they started talking more and catching up on their education. It took a few years of therapy before the therapist cleared the child to move to America, as Kavi planned to unite the child with Léon.

Once everything was ready, Kavi and his grandchild moved to New Orleans to find Léon. The veteran was shocked to find out he had a child, but he welcomed the kid into his life, home and heart. Kavi lived next door to Léon in New Orleans to help with the transition, but once his grandchild had settled into the new normal, he moved back to India.

Kavi would still visit and talk to Nathan and Léon regularly. He watched his grandson flourish in America and was proud of how far he'd come since leaving the orphanage. While Nathan still struggled with food because of his childhood starvation, Léon and Kavi always ensured there was food in their houses and kept Nathan's favourite snacks stocked.

It wouldn't be until many years later that Kavi would learn his grandson was in another terrible situation. Nathan was interning for Switch Laboratories, the same people who had helped cure his blindness. U.N.I.T had been investigating the company for suspected human experimentation but couldn't pin any crimes on them.

But when Nathan told Kavi of the things he'd witnessed working there, the Director knew they finally had them. He sent Oberon Douglas to take down the organization and destroy its work. But the fire started ahead of schedule when another U.N.I.T agent detonated the bombs before they had fully cleared the lab.

Some workers died in the fire, while others were permanently injured. Oberon managed to get Nathan out of the building before they could become trapped inside. Kavi was forever grateful that the agent saved his grandson.

But that doesn't mean he initially approved of them dating!

Despite never wanting his family working for U.N.I.T., due to Nathan's involvement with Switch Laboratories, he was required to either join U.N.I.T. or go to prison. Kavi assigned Oberon to be Nathan's partner, and the two became some of the agency's best agents.

The last mission Kavi sent Nathan and Oberon on before his retirement was an undercover assignment in Concordia. There was suspicion of corruption returning to the police force and other emergency responders, so their mission was to uncover the truth. Nathan joined the police force as a coroner, while Oberon became a firefighter at the local fire department.

While they were undercover, Nathan and Oberon got married. Kavi was the only witness to their elopement, but they planned to have a proper wedding with their families once they retired from U.N.I.T after the mission was over. In the year following the wedding, Kavi was introduced to his first great-grandchild, Avi Douglas.

Kavi fell in love with the child and was immediately wrapped around the baby's finger when he held Avi for the first time. He was so happy for Nathan and Oberon and looked forward to when the family could move to Australia and start their new life together away from U.N.I.T.

But unbeknownst to everyone, tragedy would prevent that dream from becoming a reality.

Kavi still remembers getting the phone call from Nathan that Oberon was dead. He could barely make out what his grandson was saying through his sobs, but once he realized what had happened, he got on the next flight to America. He helped Nathan plan the funeral and bury Oberon's ashes; the only remains left behind by the agent, husband, and father.

While Kavi had been retired from U.N.I.T for a couple of years, he could still learn about his grandson's next assignment. Nathan and Avi's plan to move to Australia would be delayed by a few more years as the agent was sent to Grimsborough to investigate an underground organization called The Crimson Order. An anonymous source contacted U.N.I.T and gave them a tip to help start their investigation. Nathan made Kovac promise that after this mission was over, he and Avi could go to Australia, and Kavi vowed to do everything he could to ensure the new Director upheld his end of the deal.

After Oberon's funeral, Kavi watched his grandson and great-grandson's plane fly away to Grimsborough. He knew he couldn't contact Nathan while on his mission, but Kavi would patiently wait until his grandson could speak with him again, free to leave U.N.I.T.

Events of Criminal Case

Season 1

Nathan mentions Kavi when he compares his grandfather to Archibald Ashworth in Troubled Waters. Nathan describes Kavi as "a grumpy old man" since he and Avi are the only people who can get away with calling the man that without fear of consequences.

Season 2

Nathan mentioned Kavi again during Adalet and Fili's wedding. He told Adalet about how he and Oberon eloped and that Kavi was their witness.

Season 3

Kavi makes his first physical appearance during the additional investigation following Blackout Dead. He assured the Bureau that he was not angry at them for arresting his daughter for murder and that, sadly, they'd been estranged for years. However, he plans to visit her in prison after giving her time to settle into her new way of life.

He came to the Bureau to request their help in testing custom generators that U.N.I.T designed to power Chhattisgarh until the power plants could be repaired. Adalet and Fili helped the Director try a generator, which powered the entire train station. After informing Gita and Priya Desai about the shipment of generators the government would be distributing, Kavi thanked the Bureau for their assistance and told them that if they ever needed help from U.N.I.T, to let him know, and he'd see what he could do.

Following Nicolas Doyle's death in United In Ashes, Kavi came out of retirement. He stepped back into the role of Director of U.N.I.T. to oversee the internal investigation to find any more SOMBRA double agents.

Organization(s)

U.N.I.T.

Rank: Director

Story Information

First appeared: Blackout Dead

Trivia

* He's technically not an OC since Nathan does mention him in the game, and the developers created a cannon design for him

     * See the image below for Kavi's cannon design

* I unintentionally gave him and Devi matching names. Kavi and Devi

* Avi, his great-grandson, is named after him. He had never felt more honoured than when he heard the baby's name for the first time

     * Nathan managed to get a picture of Kavi crying as he held the newborn baby, smiling brighter than he'd ever seen his grandfather smile

* He loves gardening. He taught Nathan everything he knows as it was the first thing the two had in common to bond over when Kavi took his grandson in

* He always gave Oberon a hard time when he was dating his grandson; he never made it easy for the younger man. But he would never have done anything to break the couple up. He could see how happy Oberon made Nathan and would never get in the way of his happiness

     * He and Léon helped Oberon pick out the engagement ring for Nathan. A simple silver band with black gems set into it

     * He had difficulty coping with Oberon's death. He felt like he was responsible because he sent him and Nathan on the mission to Concordia and thought that if he had never sent them, Oberon might have lived

* He may be a "grumpy old man," as Nathan puts it, but he's a big softie under all that grumpiness

Gallery

* This is the canon design for Kavi, as seen in Troubled Waters when Nathan talked about his "grumpy old grandpa." I tried to make the profile looks as close to this as possible, and while I'm not 100% satisfied with the hair, I think it still turned out alright.

A/N: I think I have finally got this book and other sites up-to-date with my OCs.

There are a few more OCs to appear in season 3, so there are more chapters to come, but as of right now, we're good! I do, however, have some non-OC-related chapters to write and post. I am planning to write informational chapters for the books on here and AO3 for organizations/places, including:

* The G.I.A.

* U.N.I.T.

* New Asgard

There's a lot of information to write about for these chapters, but I have already started the G.I.A. one, so I've got a headstart on that! But if new OCs are introduced before I get those chapters posted, I might prioritize those profiles if you want to see them sooner rather than later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 54 6
Everything written here is fiction. There are less Y/N x JJ one shots here in Wattpad so I decided to try and give this a go. Won't take any requests...
995 3 23
This is a collection of oneshots I have written about my favorite characters. The characters I write about will be paired with the reader, Y/N. The c...
2.2K 108 26
Hello there! Before you start reading here are some warnings! You don't have to read the warnings over here though cause all of the explaining and w...
306 9 6
Season: 1 Genre(s): Mystery, Thriller, Adventure Series: Criminal Case Sub-Series: Writer's Trilogy, Elemental Origins, Project: Paranormal Writer:...