Wolf Bite (Updates Continuing...

Oleh TheWriting_Kitten

What do you do when an oversized wolf shows up in your backyard with injuries that should've killed it long a... Lebih Banyak

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 8

116 6 0
Oleh TheWriting_Kitten

The girl (Dani, I believe her name was?), looks at me like I'm crazy. I don't blame her. Why would she believe I'm a werewolf?

Her eyes turn angry and she steps forward. "Listen! I don't wanna hear your bull--"

"You have to believe me! Its true!" I say. "I'm not human!"

"You're also not a good person, either! Why were you stalking me at the mall!?" She asks, clearly pissed.

"What?"

"Who was that man and why did he want me dead!? And why aren't you covered in injuries right now!? And why--"

"Stop!" I say.

"NO! I have plenty of questions, and--"

"You won't let me--"

"I'm not done asking my questions! Just shut up and--"

Alright, I've had enough.

I grab her uninjured shoulder and look dead into her eye. She stops talking, but immediately starts back up again.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!!" She shoves her shoulder from my hand, and her behavior is starting to aggravate me.

"Shut up for 2 minutes!" I say sternly. "2 freakin' minutes!!"

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO BOSS--" I stop her by stepping towards her. I stand straight up, using my height to intimidate her. I don't want to do this, but it's the only way to shut her up.

"Listen to me, dammit." I demand. I take another step.

"I know you have questions." I step again, making this one longer.

"But I can't answer.." One last step.

"If you don't. Shut. Up!" I slam my hand on the wall and hunch over, lowering myself again. Her eyes are showing a mix of fear and anger, and it looks like the anger is getting stronger. "How about this.." She limps into her kitchen and comes back with a knife in her hand. It's a large chef knife, and the blade is just a little ways from being as sharp as a wolf claw.

"Either prove to me, right now, that you're a werewolf," She starts, coming closer. She puts the knife to my chest. "Or I'll stab you, right here and now." She looks me in the eye. She's determined, and it's clear that she's willing to kill me right where I stand.

Too bad she can't.

I grab her hand and pull the knife towards my body. "Fine." I say, yanking her hand towards me. The knife goes into my chest, and blood starts to drip. The girl looks at my wound, surprised, before I pull the knife out. It stings a little, but the hole quickly starts to fix itself. In a matter of seconds, the hole is gone, and I'm good as new. "Is that enough proof?" I ask her.

She looks at the knife, then up at me. "Are you really...?" She starts, unable to finish her question. I nod.

"I told you. So can you stop asking questions now and let me explain everything?"

"Fine." She answers. She limps to the sink, putting the knife in and rinsing. She looks at me over her shoulder and says "But you've got a lot to explain."

-------------------------------

"...This is a lot to take in!" Dani says, scratching her head. "So that guy was tryna kill me because I helped you?"

"Yeah." I answer. "He's from an opposing pack who wants me dead. Since you saved my life, they're gonna try to take yours for interfering."

"So how am I supposed to stay safe then!? If they know who I am, then I'll always be in danger, right?" Dani ask. I shake my head.

"Not always. Don't worry, I'll be by your side to keep you safe." I assure her.

"But what happens if you can't be right there? Or-Or if more than one of them attack me?" She asks. "Is there something I can do to defend myself?"

"Well--"

"Oh, do I need pure silver? Or wolfsbane? Or a wooden stake?" She asks, cutting me off.

"N-No... The 'pure silver' thing is actually a myth. And we can eat wolfsbane, no problem." I inform. "And wooden stakes only work on vampires, and even then, just barely."

"Wait, those are real, too!?" Dani asks, surprised.

"Oh, yeah. Vampires, witches, wendigos, mermaids, all of those are real things." I answer. "We usually try to hide from humans, that's why our existence is unknown."

"Woah..." She says. "Freaky. But back to my question; how do I defend myself when you can't?"

"Hmm. I can give you my tooth?" I offer, opening my mouth and showing off my sharp canine teeth. "These would hurt them."

"Gross! No! Anything else?" She says.

"Uhh... oh, there's a talisman I can get to ward off werewolves. Really, it can ward off any creature." I tell her. "But, we'd have to go to a witch to get it. Are you okay with that?"

"As long as she doesn't try to eat me or anything." Dani replies. I laugh.

"A lot of the things you've probably heard about monsters are fake." I tell her. "For example, witches don't eat people, and werewolves don't turn on a full moon. We can transform whenever we want. We just happen to get stronger when the moon is out."

"I'll keep that in mind." Dani tells me. "So, when can we go to this witch?"

"Well, I have to find her." I answer. "I don't actually know any witches. You can come with me, if you want. I can show you around the monster world." I tell her. "It won't be scary."

"But, do you think any monsters will get mad at me for being a human?" She asks.

"No. They'd probably give you weird looks, but its unlikely you'll get attacked." I assure her. Then I think about it. "Well, you'll probably wanna stay near me. There are two certain monster breeds that'll attack you if they know."

"WHAT!?" She says, panicked.

"Its okay! As long as you stay close, they'll leave you alone. Or, I could always cover you in my scent. They'll think you're a werewolf."

"Ew! No! I don't wanna smell like a wet dog!" She says.

"Okay, okay." I say. "We can look for a witch tonight. What time can you sneak out?" I ask her. She thinks about it for a minute.

"Come get me at 12. My parents will prolly be asleep by then." She says.

"Okay. 12am it is. Make sure you wear something warm. Its gonna be really cold for you tonight." I inform her.

"Alright. So, are you gonna leave now?" She asks me. I nod. I don't want to overstay my welcome here, nor get my scent on her furniture.

"I won't be far, I promise." I tell her. "I'll be in earshot, so if you need me, just call." I get off her couch and leave through the back door. I jump up onto her roof to stay close and keep an eye out for anyone who might try to attack her home. As I watch the streets and stay low, I get a whiff of a disgusting scent. It's the man from the mall, and I'm sure he can smell me, too.

He's not close, but he isn't far, either. I frantically look around for him, seeing him and two other werewolves walking towards the house with him. If they get into this house, they'll slaughter Dani. I need to stop them, but how?

I would warn Dani, but I don't want her to panic. What I should do, though, is cover her with my scent. I know she doesn't want me to, but its the only way for her to hide.

I jump down and knock on the door. Dani opens it and asks "Hey, what is it? Did you leave something?"

"No." I say. I take a long, deep breath in, pinpointing where her smell is being emitted the most. Its coming from her neck, as it normally does. "I'm sorry for this. Really, I am." I tell her before pulling her towards me. I rub my neck on her's, and she freaks out.

"What the hell are you doing!!?" She shouts, pounding on my back.

"I'm sorry, but I need to cover your smell with mine's." I explain. I finish covering her neck and let her go, inhaling the air again. There's not a trace of her scent. Perfect. "Okay, now go and hide yourself somewhere upstairs. And no, I can't explain till later." I say.

"What?"

"Just go! I'll come get you later." I tell her. She turns for the stairs as I'm about to exit the house, but I stop and grab her uninjured arm. "Hold on." I remove my leather jacket and put it on her shoulders. "Keep this on you. I'm sorry I smell so bad, but its just to keep you safe for now." I order.

"Wait, am I in danger?" She asks.

"Go upstairs. I'll come get you soon." I tell her. She leaves, and I close the back door. I walk around the house, and the group of men and I make eye contact.

Now I know how I smell to Dani.

"What do you want, Cooper?" I ask him sternly. He snarls.

"You know what I'm here for, pup." He says, showing his teeth.

"Go away." I order. He taps his large tooth.

"Not before I get a taste of the girl's jugular. It looks good." He licks his lips like a creep.

"She isn't here. Leave." I say. He doesn't buy it.

"Then why are you here? I know you're protecting her. She must be here." He insists.

"You're pissing me off, old man. Leave or I'll beat your ass." I warn. He growls, and the two men dash for me.

Guess we're fighting!

"Fine, then!" I put my fists up "Let's go!"

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2.2K 244 26
"Grandmother, what big ears you have." Chuckling at my own joke, I looked down at the wolf when I felt his tail tapping on my wrist and was met wi...
55.5K 1.8K 27
Rosalie isn't your ordinary werewolf. She is part of a unique breed. This breed is just like werewolfs, except instead of being part wolf there part...
113K 3.8K 12
Olivia has had a hard life her mom and dad were killed and her brother beats her what happens when an alpha comes to town and kidnaps her and treats...
The Afari Oleh Cait

Pertualangan

128 6 17
Emma is living through an apocalypse. Creatures known as the Afari; they have killed almost there entire population in mere months. What will happen...