The Halflings Mate

By Gotham_xo

Seventeen year old Zia is sick of being treated like a child but with two overprotective twin brothers and ha... More

Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
8 ( the actual chapter ) .
9.
10.
11.
12
Giveaway - 18th March 2021
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
22
23.
24.
25
26- Bonus chapter
27
28.

21

2K 118 54
By Gotham_xo

Authors Note : Another weekly update ! Love that for me and hope you guys enjoy this , I know some of you guys were worried I was rushing this book but don't worry we will find out what happens with Aztec and Sapphire , find out about Bast and explore more Enzo and Zia ! Although including this chapter , there will only be like 3 more chapters left ( I've finally mapped it all out ) but this included Blues POV because I miss writing her so much 🥲
----------

"I don't mean to be the one to burst your bubble but Zia , if you run off again and get married , I'm pretty sure not even your mother can save you" Oliver squeaked as I threw my arms around Enzo , inhaling his comforting scent .

Oliver was right, if my father found out I was certain he would literally kill me and no amount of intervention from my mother could help me . But at the same time I was old enough , I had been engaged to Hadrian from before I was even born so what was the big deal if I was willingly engaged to someone of my own choosing ?

"Oliver is right . I don't think it's a good idea that we run away and get married but I do think we should be engaged" I grinned , cupping Enzos face and starting into his moss coloured eyes .

Enzo really was absolutely breathtaking .

He had an aura that radiated absolute God , his strides were always so confident and sure as if he was absolutely untouchable and he knew it . He had piercing moss coloured green eyes that shined with self assurance and arrogance, his skin a flawless buttermilk colour, his hair a russet brown , his jaw was sharp and he had a little beauty spot above his lips .

He was delicious and he was all mine .

Enzo let out a wolfish smirk " Fine . But I don't want to wait to long , I want you in every sense of the word but I won't have you until you're my wife" .

"What?!" Adria , Oliver and I all exclaimed .

"You made it your mission to sabotage my old relationship by trying to get into my pants and now we can actually be together , you want us to wait ?" I asked slowly , trying to understand what he meant .

"Call me old fashioned" He shrugged with a grin .

"I'll call you an idiot , why should we wait until marriage ? I'm ready now"

"Zia , we've done everything wrong and I mean everything . Your father absolutely hates me which I wouldn't usually care about but his also one of the scariest people alive and also kind of not really my brother of some sorts . Nothing about our relationship is remotely normal but I want this to be . I want you to be my wife so absolutely everyone knows we belong together in every sense of the word . If it means we elope and do it tonight or I have to wait then so be it but I want everything to be perfect . You deserve the world and I want to be able to give it to you" Enzo confessed , his voice honest as he put soft kisses on my forehead .

Hearing those words come out of Enzo's mouth made my heart squeeze painfully. 

When I was with Hadrian , I knew the marriage ceremony was expected in the werewolf culture so I just went along without it with no real thoughts or feelings on it . The whole thing had more or less been planned for me from the minute my pregnant mother had heard the prophecy .

But hearing Enzo speak about it made my heart warm.

I did want to plan my wedding .

I did want to have the big day that most girls dreamed of .

Most of all , I wanted everyone to understand how serious Enzo and I were .

"Okay" I nodded slowly " We'll get married but we won't elope , I want us to tell my parents and together and then hopefully yours won't send you to the Demon Realm again . They can't make us be apart if we're engaged and if they do then I'll come with you if I have too"  .

"I was kinda hoping you'd say yes to eloping with me so we can just run off and get married, I'm pretty sure your dad is going to kill me".

"He'll have to get through me first" I grinned .

Enzo slipped the ring onto my finger before kissing the butterfly softly which made my stomach clench in the most delicious way .

I couldn't believe this man was about to be all mine .

" I think we should tell ours moms first and then get them to break the news to our fathers , I think that may be safest bets" Enzo suggested .

"That's fine . My fathers out all morning so come round for about 9am , we can tell them together"

"Done "

And with a quick lingering kiss , he was gone .

"I think I'm actually speechless , I genuinely do not know what to say" Adria said after a beat of silence .

"Makes a change" Murmured Oliver before yelping after one of Adria infamous pinches .

"You know something that we've not discussed but absolutely need to discuss is why Adria was kissing Gabriel and why Ivan was so mad about it . That's something that I haven't forgetting" I quickly said as Adria opened her mouth to no doubt grill me .

"Oh yeah! What was up with that ? Are you and Gabriel doing the dance with no pants?" Oliver inquired , resting his tiny face in between his even smaller hands .

Adria tugged on her braid anxiously before mumbling " I don't know what you're talking about "

"You don't know what we're talking about ? Girl , my brothers almost destroyed that house fighting over you. I thought you and Ivan  were strictly bantering with the flirting and then next thing you know he's hulking out that you're kissing Gabriel . Spill!"

"Okay fine! Ivan and I have always been just bantering, it's never been anything serious. Well , I mean I would sleep with him , I mean have you seen him?"

"Amen!" Called Oliver .

My face scrunched in disgust , I most definitely did not want to hear about my brothers so called sex appeal .

"But then at the party, I was sitting and talking to Gabriel and it was so nice . We never really talk , you know he's a man of few words and never likes to stick around for fun but we talked for like an hour and it was great . He was so sweet and thoughtful and then next thing you know , we were kissing and then you guys walked in. We haven't spoken or seen each other since but that's pretty much it" Adria explained , her brows furrowed .

"What a jerk! I didn't expect that from him , do you want me to talk to him for you?" I asked.

"No! No ! That's so embarrassing, he'll think I'm desperate and he's him and im me , I know it's not going to go anywhere" Adria hastily said .

"He's him? Adria , you're one of the most strikingly beautiful girls I know and Gabriel has an oversized head , please don't give him more credit than he deserves" I grinned , hugging my tiny friend .

"Thank you . I love you Zia" Adria whispered back , crushing me closer to her .

~~

Blues POV:

"Zia, I'm convinced you're trying to send me into an early grave or at least make it impossible to have a stable relationship with your father" I said slowly once Enzo and Jasmine had left .

My seventeen year old daughter was engaged to Enzo .

Not only was she engaged to Enzo but they wanted to be married soon and if Kavos and Chaos didn't agree and tried to send Enzo off then Zia would go with him .

This was coming after breaking up her 17 year engaged with one of my best friends sons , running away , getting herself and Raven kidnapped and having a curse that almost killed her .

I heard having teenagers were difficult but surely this was a little bit extreme ?

"Sorry Mom but the heart wants what it wants and isn't it always you spewing that lovey dovey nonsense to always follow your heart because love always wins" Grinned Zia , her smile mirroring her fathers .

When I knew I was having a daughter, I always envisioned a mini me but when I looked at her , she reminded me so much of her father . She was all his good traits , all his selflessness , sense of justice and loyalty rolled into one.

Well, all that with his temper too.

She stood at 5'6 , her slim frame masking her unbelievable strength and stealth. She had had my coco brown skin , absolutely flawless and blemish free and my large kinky curls but they were the same golden wheat colour as Kavos's hair , framing her model-like face like a fierce lions mane. She had my full lips but her eyes were all Kavos , almond shaped and a startlingly lilac colour that turned violet whenever she was feeling an intense amount of emotions .

My beautiful daughter .

My frustrating , stubborn , daughter .

"It's not nonsense , love does always win but it's not you who has to tell your father this , he's going to be furious" I groaned .

"Like dad would ever be mad at you , he'd rather jump off a cliff than upset you" Zia scoffed , poking her tongue at me .

"Yes but he will be mad at you" I pointed out.

Zia chewed her lip silently before whispering out " Mom, where is uncle Aztec ? Is he okay ?"

A gasp ripped from my throat before I could stop myself and I felt my heart clench.

Aztec was my brother.

The love I had for him was boundless and endless and the grief he was currently going through was killing me .

My memory wondered back to the last time I had seen him .

~
Aztec had always been very well put together , he had always prided himself on his looks . He had a muscular stature and stood at 6ft5 with mischievous green eyes , honey blonde hair slicked into a ponytail. A beard and tattoos covering inch of his visible body .

But this wasn't the Aztec I remembered.

His face was gaunt , his cheeks sinking in within themselves , his lips chapped and his eyes empty and hollow .

He was looking at me but he eyes were dead , like he was looking through me and couldn't see me . It was like I wasn't there .

"Oh God, Oh God, Oh God. Aztec , please , say something" I wailed , my sorrow pouring out of me as I kneeled before him and shook him .

His body felt too small , too hunched over as if it had lost all of its muscles in the last week or so . He was almost limp . Like he wasn't living but existing .

"Aztec, please" I sobbed , my vision clouded my tears and I buried my face in his neck and hugged him as close as I could .

I just wanted , no i I needed him to be okay . I needed him to respond to me .

I didn't know what to say to him .

What could I say that could bring him comfort ?

What could I do to make him go back to his old self ?

"Don't . Touch . Me" He ground out , his voice hoarse but full of so much hate that it made me physically flinch back .

"W-what ?" I whispered , my lip shaking and my eyes filled with so much tears that his face was now a blur.

"It's your fault why she's dead ! She's g-gone and it's your families fault. She's gone !" He screamed , his face so raw and broken that I was certain I could physically feel his own heart shatter.

"I'm so so sorry Aztec ! I'm sorry , if I knew she was there , I would have told Kavos to-"

"I would have killed her regardless . She hurt my daughter , that is a crime punishable by death" Came the harsh but firm tone of Kavos behind me.

"Kavos!" I gasped out , stumbling up " S-stop it !"

"Zia is my family , I will always pick my family" Kavos continued , his eyes never leaving Aztecs .

Aztec let out out the most guy wrenching sound , almost like a wounded animal before he teleported away .

That was the last time I had seen him .
~

"Zia, I - I can't talk about this" I whispered out , wiping the tears I didn't know had dropped .

"Okay. Well, I love him and miss him" She replied before squeezing my hand and then leaving the room.

After making dinner and cleaning up , I went into the garden to relax when the hairs on my neck suddenly stood up .

Someone was watching me .

Turning around slowly , I carefully surveyed my surroundings before saying loudly " I have a full grown dragon , it wouldn't be wise to do something to provoke it . Come out "

These last years of becoming a mother and Kavos's wife , I had shedded my former shy self that was scared to speak up and I had grew confident in my role .

As if to prove my point , Thunders huge black body came swooping from the trees , his sooty ebony 18ft body twisting gracefully until he landed at my feet .

I patted his head softly, waiting .

Bast emerged looking every inch goddess with her 5ft 11 frame ,pecan brown skin that seemed to have a glow to it , cat like grey eyes and large black and red braids that were tied up in a large bun . She was dressed in a latex cat suit which hugged her curvy figure perfectly , emphasising her large breast and tiny waist .

Every single one of her fingers held a ring and a sleek ebony coloured cat sat on her shoulder , it's eyes staring down at me in curiosity .

Thunders headed butted against my hand , letting me know he was here if I needed him.

"K-Kavos isn't here!" I called , suddenly feeling nervous , all my earlier confidence gone .

Being in Bast's presence made me feel weird , there was something about her that made me feel uneasy and I couldn't stop the silly unshakable feeling that we were related .

"I didn't come to see him " Bast looked around the garden in interest " This is nice . Not as nice as the palace gardens but I like it , it's quaint"

"I wouldn't exactly call it quaint , it's more like a forest" I replied after a beat of uncomfortable silence .

Bast nodded , her eyes suddenly zeroing on me .

"Right , let's begin" She grinned, clapping her hands .

"Begin what ?" I asked taking an uneasy step back .

"The shadows whisper and they tell me everything in the underworld , I hear Zia is getting married "

"News travels fast , Kavos doesn't even know yet but what does it have to do with you ?"

"Well, I can't let my only granddaughter not have the wedding of the century!" She exclaimed , her eyes sparkling .

_~~~~

Authors Note : Okay is anyone else just crying because of Aztec ?????? I literally love him so much !

And Bast is Blues mother ! Ugh , you guys are going to love the next chapter . Hope you enjoyed this and are enjoying the frequent updates . See you next week 🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 826 48
Evie is haunted by her past, and so tangled up with her best friend and room mate she isn't even sure she remembers how to be an independent person a...
165 47 47
The story of Alpha Enzo and Sophia Justice as they overcome an unfathomable amount of betrayal. It's a story of pain and sadness. A reminder tha...
66.9K 3K 19
C O M P L E T E D "No matter how much I try, I will always love HIM" Lexa seemed to have everything going for her. She just graduated high school, sh...
115K 1.4K 10
Aurora Cade: I am a true hybrid; half witch, half werewolf, my parents two opposing sides in a bloody war. A war which sent my mother fleeing to the...