The Whispers of Shadows - Azr...

Oleh smplymxlfoy

Locked in darkness for centuries. Aurora had always been afraid of the dark, but when it became her home for... Lebih Banyak

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
ANNOUNCEMENT

35

4.2K 129 4
Oleh smplymxlfoy

Cold hit their skin as soon as the darkness was vanquished. The sun reflected off of the snow that surrounded them, blinding Aurora as she looked around. This had been her home once, and not a single part felt like it. The cold was irritating; the snow beautiful, yet an absolute discomfort. The shivers that ran down Aurora's spine didn't come from the cold however, it was the ancient sounds of her screams that still seemed to echo in the mountains.

"Come on," Rhysand spoke, tearing Aurora from her subconscious. She hadn't even realize they had still been by her. Rhysand said something to Azriel and he looked as if relief flooded him. Aurora sucked in a breath when he turned and held an arm out for her. "You need to show and prove that you are mates while we are here," Rhysand explained, nodding toward Azriel's arm. Aurora looked up at him as she looped her arm with his. The smile he returned to her settled the anxiety that was rushing through her entirely.

"Does Kallias not know?" Aurora asked quietly as they walked upon Rhys and Cass. Mor followed behind them.

"It's best that the High Lord be under the same impression as his Court members."

Aurora tightened her grip on Azriel as the five of them marched up the grand stairs. Aurora had been here once before, to a dinner party that she had first met Tamlin at. Shudders coursed through her at that thought. The 'estate' was truly a palace. A row of evergreens led up the road on either side and then split around the building. The structure itself was made of a stunning marble-like stone that shone as bright as the snow around it. Icicles that were magnificent enough to only be made of magic decorated the building, making it sparkle beneath the sun.

The massive doors creaked open as they approached it. Two guards stood on either side of the entrance, making Aurora slightly press into Azriel. The sight of their deep green uniforms had bile rising in her throat. The entrance was utterly breathtaking, just as Aurora remembered it. The floors were made of that same sparking stone, but the high walls were painted a variety of greens, greys, and subtle silver embellishments. A large hearth was on the opposite wall, beside a staircase that rounded upward. The fire roaring within soothed their cold skin.

"Welcome, High Lord," a male's voice boomed in the large room. Aurora turned her head to see Kallias and Viviane walking toward them. Kallias always held the look of wealth and power. The two of them strode down a corridor, icy chill approaching with them. Viviane held a bundle of blankets in her arms, making Mor squeal and hurry towards her. Viviane stopped and the two ogled over what Aurora figured was a baby. Kallias still continued to them.

"Kallias," Rhysand bowed his head in acknowledgment, "You remember Azriel and Cassian. This is-."

"Aurora. I've heard much about you," Kallias interrupted. His hands remained in the pockets of his blue and silver coat as he observed her. Aurora loosened her grip on Azriel and bowed.

"High Lord," she spoke softly. Kallias's striking eyes roamed over her, his chin lifting.

"Well, we should get to the dungeon. Cormac is here and waiting, so we should get this meeting with Aldric over with," he spoke, motioning a hand down an opposite corridor. Cassian joined Azriel's side, Rhysand watched them.

"Remember to show power. The dungeon will bring back bad memories, devour them and unleash the strength you've built. Do not let them eat you."

Aurora glanced at her High Lord with a slight incline of her head, telling him she understood. Rhysand gave a look of warning before turning and joining Mor and Viviane. Kallias began leading Cassian, Azriel, and Aurora down a lengthy corridor. Windows lined one side of it, making the white stone brighten the green walls. Aurora didn't dare look around, she kept her eyes on Kallias's back. Azriel placed his other hand over hers as they turned down another hallway. She looked up at him, feeling the whispers of shadows along her skin.

"Down here," Kallias spoke, motioning toward a wooden door at the end of the corridor. Aurora felt it in her stomach, the dread and anxiety. The brother that tortured her as a child, the brother that planned to send her into practically sex slavery if he had found her again. Aurora tightened her jaw and lifted her chin when Kallias opened the door. Darkness and dim firelight greeted them down the stone staircase. "Aldric and his group are the only ones down there. I need to return to my mate, I trust you can find your way back when finished?"

"Yes, thank you," Cassian nodded to Kallias, who looked at Aurora once more before turning and retreating down the hallway.

"We will be with you down there. Nothing will happen to you," Azriel dipped his head and whispered to Aurora. She leaned into the touch, into the words.

"I know," she responded. Cassian began the descent, his hand rested on the one sword that laid strapped to his hip. Azriel and Aurora followed. Sounds of water dripping on stone grew louder as they lowered into the dungeon. There were few torches along the cells to give light, but hardly any heat came off of them. The stench was another story. Even with the weight of trauma on her shoulders, Aurora played her role. She lifted her head and matched Azriel's steps. She feigned a bored expression as they neared a cell that Cassian peered into.

"He's here," Cassian spat, glaring at the male within as he took a step back to give room for Aurora and Azriel. Her trembling hand was the only thing that gave away her fear, so she slid it down between Az's arm and side. Her eyes fell on a lump of fabric, a head poking through. It was Aldric. His white hair dirtied to a muddy grey, streaks of the same dirt rested on his face. His blue eyes glared as she came into view.

"Sister. I see you felt the need to bring reinforcements," Aldric spoke in a hoarse voice. Aurora peered down her nose at him, but in her mind, she was screaming. She wanted to scream at him, wanted to get every last drop of emotion out on the brother that was meant to love her.

"They come as proof that I am no longer yours," Aurora spoke lowly, tilting her chin down. Aldric shoved the fabric off his body to stand. He was weak, he needed to grab the wall to steady himself. Aldric neared the iron gate, a rotten smile on his lips.

"You've never been anything more than a hole to fuck, Aurora. You think now that you have a mate, you're something better? No, that just proves my point. You may not be mine, or father's, but now you're his. Who cares if he 'loves' you, you are his to put a child into. You'll never escape it, Aurora," Aldric grinned. A rumble sounded in Azriel's chest, his foot riding slightly as he went to step towards the cell. Aurora tightened her grip on his arm and tugged him back.

Everything she had feared when accepting this bond was being thrown into her face. Aldric knew exactly what she feared, he knew how to get to her. Aurora turned her head to Cassian, his jaw tight as he glared at Aldric, his hand tight around the hilt of his sword. She then looked up at Azriel. She saw the shadows that clouded him, the way his teeth were clenched, she felt the power he wished to release onto the male in front of them. Aurora slid her hand from Azriel's arm and stepped forward. She may be backed by the deadliest Illyrian warriors, but she was a force to be reckoned.

"I am no one's. I chose to accept this bond, I chose to love him. That's the thing, Aldric. I make my own choices now, not even the fucking High Lord can stop me from burning you alive right now. You're a general, aren't you? Does that make you proud? Look at the males behind me; they'd kill you just by looking at you. You'd be dead right now if they wanted, but they know that you're mine," Aurora sneered, feeling the fire warming her skin. She didn't come here planning to kill him, but nothing pleased her more. Aurora stepped closer to the cell and felt cold wrap around her. Her vision was greyed by shadow, and she slipped right past the gate.

Azriel knew what she wanted and knew she could do it. He helped her through the gate by enveloping her in his shadows. He wanted to watch her kill the beginning of her trauma. Aldric didn't show any fear, he lifted his chin as he grinned at the female.

"You have nothing, Aurora. You think you can kill me? Tell me why thousands of soldiers went into that room with you and each one left in tact. You're brave for coming in here, I'll give you that."

Flames materialized and slid around his throat. Aldric's eyes widened as he straightened, a single wrong move would set his skin aflame. It was Aurora's turn to smile.

"Tell me why I can't kill you? You're locked in a cell, powerless and weak. How does it feel? Now, imagine you're here for five centuries and your body gets torn apart multiple times a day. That is what you did to me, Aldric. I can do whatever I want to you. That's what power feels like."

The flames tightened around his throat and he whimpered. Aurora watched the skin beneath grow crimson with the burns that formed. She was tired of waiting. Aurora closed her hand into a fist and sent it into his jaw. Aldric fell back against the stone wall, yelping when the movement sent more flames. Now the rags that used to be his uniform were up in flames. A scream erupted from Aldric, and Aurora smiled wider. He collapsed to the ground, rolling and twisting.

"Alright, that's enough," Aurora murmured, vanishing the flames. Aldric still twisted on the ground as his skin bubbled. She crouched above him, a softer smile now. "I'm going to give you the mercy of death, something I wasn't given when I was tortured daily. However, it won't be quick. Think of me while you burn, think of the sister you let be destroyed at the hands of your men, the ones you wanted to send me back to. I pray the Mother does not let you leave this world quickly. I pray that you lay here while your blood boils beneath your skin and you remember everything that you did to me," Aurora spoke, grazing her fingers over his sweat and dirt slicked hair.

Aldric's eyes were wide, but he couldn't speak. Aurora's hand rested on his cheek, and then her power bled into him. His skin grew hot beneath her touch, sweat beading on his red skin. Aldric screamed, gripping his stomach and chest. Aurora stood then. She just watched as the temperature rose in his body. His screams turned into hums in her ears, eyes locked on his face. His mouth was open and she was sure the scream he was letting out was enough to alert the entire estate.

Aurora didn't move until flames ripped through his skin, his eyes and mouth still wide open but the flesh within was melting. When her mind fell back into reality, his screams were gone. All that sounded was the whimpers of the males in other cells and the fire that crackled within Aldric's body. Aurora turned and looked at the warriors she had come in with. Cassian was staring at Aldric's body as flames ate the skin, but Azriel was looking at her. Though his face was stone, she saw the satisfaction and proudness in his eyes.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

3.1K 209 7
"𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐨𝐡 𝐆𝐨𝐝, 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞, 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 �...
83.7K 3K 25
Auroria of House Vanserra has much more in common with Azriel, the Spymaster of the Night Court, than she could have thought - than either of them wo...
186K 5.2K 84
*seize the night* Like father, like son people say. Especially when Nyx, the son of a certain High Lord, suddenly lays eyes on a mortal girl. The you...
40.8K 962 37
Love conquers everything they say, but does it death? The story of two lovers destined to be together but haunted by the ghosts of the past. Slowbur...