Legion of Dionysus

By Writing-Pixie

This isn't your typical paranormal/fantasy demon based romance... In this world there is a thin line between... More

Foreword
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 38

354 33 3
By Writing-Pixie

A/N:  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US!  I decided to post this chapter today instead of tomorrow because my husband had to work today, so our celebrations for the holiday are going to take place tomorrow, and I have other busy stuff going on as well.  I figured this would just easier.  

I do apologize once again on the delay.  Between physical therapy, my sleep patterns being off, reworking my notes for both LoD and Alluvion's Water Lily, and a case of writer's block I had a lot to get through and catch up on.  

I can't promise that I am completely back on track, but I do know that I will be able to post a chapter in this story again on the 9th of December.  That's simply because I know I am ahead enough to do that.  I'm planning on trying to write another chapter today, but the time is rushing past me.  I don't know whether I will be able to or not.  It seems if it gets past a certain point in the morning I lose my muse for the day.  Here's to hoping that doesn't happen.

I have more I want to say, but I can't bring myself to say it.  Maybe I will post an announcement via the conversation board on Wattpad.  Maybe I'll remain quiet...  And I just realized how ominous that might sound.  Sorry about that, but let's just get to the story.

Posted 11/24/22

2754 Words

Well, I definitely did not expect to witness anything like that. If only I had some popcorn. At least that's what I think humans snack on while watching a movie, or, well, anything equally as entertaining. Of course most people probably would think the scene in front of me would fall in the action category; personally, I thought it was funny as fuck.

Especially watching my little sister fly through the air and fall to the ground with a loud echoing thunk. I have to cover my mouth to help stifle the laugh that tries to burst from me. Too bad the Legion sprung to action so fast. I probably would have felt happier had she died from her injuries. I wasn't actually wanting to see her die per se, but if it should happen then that would mean an end to this whole cat and mouse game I was playing.

If 'daddy' hadn't been whoring around on the side she wouldn't even exist. And since I can't get to Mesmere to punish her mother then I might as well punish her instead.

Hades! Why the fuck am I so obsessed with her specifically? 'Daddy' has plenty of illegitimate children. I glance in her direction as they move her back into the house, and the answer immediately comes to me. Because of how close we are in age. Sure, 'Daddy dearest' and 'Momsy' were still together, but their relationship was open and both of them had their own affairs. I was used to that being the norm between the two of them. I just had never known he had an illegitimate child who was only a few months younger than me until five years ago, when I sensed her abilities suddenly flare into existence and appear on my radar once she used them for the first time.

Her existence gave credibility to the reason I was always ignored growing up. Or at least it did in my head. It wouldn't change how our father treated me, but it would make me feel better to see her miserable and/or dead and gone.

I blindly attempt to kick my way out of my blanket cocoon. It's just entirely too warm, like I would guess entering a sauna would feel, only without the humidity, which is definitely a lot hotter than any normal blanket cocoon would be. I start to panic though when I realize not only are my feet overly warm; they also seem to be pinned in place by something. I try to sit up, but there is a warm body behind me and the arm, attached to said body, is laying across my stomach while securing me in place. I don't want to open my eyes just yet. I'm not ready to face the world. I'm groggy and just want to stay here, not in this overwhelming heat bundle, but in bed.

My plan for a day of laziness changes when my nose begins to itch. I move my hand up automatically to scratch it, but my hand comes in contact with something soft and fluffy before ever reaching it. That's when I give up the pretense of keeping my eyes shut. Something weird is going on, and I have to open my eyes to be able to investigate. A dark bunny is in my face. A dark bunny with purple eyes. "Jungkook? Why are you a bunny right now?" I realize that might have sounded harsh so I quickly correct myself. "I'm not complaining, because you're awfully cute, but I'm confused." If I were hoping for a telepathic response, or for him to change back into his human form and tell me himself then I would find myself exceptionally disappointed when neither happens.

Luckily, my mate behind me takes away that disappointment by answering me himself. "He's mad at himself. He blames himself for you getting hurt." I don't need to turn over to confirm that Jimin is the one holding me; I can tell strictly by his voice alone. He loosens his hold around me so I can try to move once more, but his movement doesn't release my feet. I look down toward the foot of the bed, and I'm surprised to find Yoongi there in his snow leopard form.

"Okay, I'm even more confused now." I admit out loud. "What happened again?"

"The Dru'rek knocked you into the air. You came down hard on the ground. Jungkook blamed himself, because he was the one that had the idea to get you to coerce the beetle fiend in the first place." Jimin explains to me.

Oh yeah. That happened. I mentally grimace to myself while reliving that nightmare. I probably looked like a shadowy rag doll as I fell back to the ground below. Then, I reached out my hand to pet Jungkook's soft downy fur. "That wasn't your fault, and don't blame yourself for automatically changing into your crow either. Had you remained in your horse form I probably would have gotten hurt even more." I regret the words as soon as they leave my mouth, and I have to steer my mind away from picturing being pinned underneath his heavy horse form. Of course, I do want to be pinned by the Demon/Púca in the near future. However, in that case, I would rather it be in a more intimate setting, and sans clothing. I shake that thought from my mind and glance at him once more. If a bunny can look guilty, then that is Jungkook's expression right now.

"We were all a bit mad at him at first for coming up with what we initially thought was an absurd plan, but we all quickly realized that it was actually the best choice for the situation. We've tried to give our own apologies and convince him that he isn't truly to blame, but of course he still blames himself." Jimin shared some of what happened last night. "We don't tend to come out of those battles injury free. Why should we expect you to end up being completely safe from harm?"

"Okay, and why do I have a Yoongi kitty pinning my feet?" I can't help but ask.

"He didn't want to part from you after he licked your open wounds closed." My eyes widened as I turned to look at Jimin for more understanding. He laughs at my expression before defining what he meant a bit more. "Yoongi can't heal broken bones or internal damage, but he can close open wounds like cuts and gashes."

My cheeks are probably fire engine red. "With his tongue?" Duh. How else does one lick? Definitely not with his belly button.

Jimin chuckles at the thoughts I must unintentionally broadcast. "Yes, with his tongue." He confirms. His eyes are twinkling with mirth so of course that expression confirms that he knows of the embarrassing ideas that floated around in my head just now.

I clear my throat before broaching the subject again. "So, he stuck around because?" I ask. He's asleep in his alter form, so I don't want to wake him up. Well, I do because pretty soon my bladder is going to scream at me, but something tells me that he isn't a morning person.

Jimin shrugs. "From what I can gather emotion wise he was worried."

I arch an eyebrow. "And you're in my bed also because?"

"You had sustained far more injuries than just the cuts and gashes Yoongi healed. I helped heal the rest since Spring Sidhe are known to have the best healing out of the four courts, but when I tried to pull away you wouldn't let me go." A big smile grows on his face. "Not that I am complaining. I might have gotten the first kiss, but this is the first time I got to sleep beside you."

Well, that just makes me warm and tingly all over. Or wait, yeah a fraction of that tingling sensation is partially my bladder. Damn!

"I don't want to wake him but..."

In the blink of an eye Yoongi changes from his cat form to his humanoid one. He rubs his eyes while his words somewhat contradict the action. "Not asleep. You okay?"

"I think so." I wrinkle my nose at him. "But I really have to go to the bathroom, and you are kind of pinning my feet."

"Oh! Sorry!" He turns his head away while trying to hide his sheepish expression.

"No worries. I'll be right back."

I'm already in the bathroom with the door shut behind me when Jimin sends a thought my way. "Don't hurry back. You are probably going to be sore. Take a bath or a shower to take away some of your aches."

"Thank you, Jimin." I reply automatically before turning to look at myself in the mirror.

It's as I am peering at my reflection for external evidence of my injuries that he replies. "It's no problem, Aiadelou."

"Aiadelou? That's pretty. What's it mean?" I'm pretty sure it's another endearment to add to my ever growing collection, but I'm not surprised much by his response.

"I'll tell you the next time we have a chance to be alone together."

I keep reliving it over and over again. Not just the sight of Ever flying through the air and then falling just as rapidly, although that would probably live on repeat in my head for longer than I would like. No, I'm also reliving the reactions of my Legion after it happened.

Namjoon: "You should have broadcasted your plan to all of us. You should not have just taken off with her with a half assed idea."

Taehyung: "I don't think she was ready to take on something like that, and I don't think you were the one to decide something like that on your own."

Yoongi wouldn't talk to me. He just growled in his alter's form in lieu of a verbal response.

Hoseok: "I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive you if she doesn't heal after this."

Seokjin: "I understand your logic, but you really should have consulted us first."

Jimin was the only one on my side. He defended me against the others' wrath. He saw my logic, and he was able to get the others to not only understand too. They also apologized. That didn't mean I was done blaming myself though.

Ever's words were almost identical to Jimin's. She didn't blame me, and she understood my reasoning. Perhaps her acceptance and compassion should have helped me accept it myself. For some reason it didn't. I still needed to see for myself that she was okay, so once I heard the water of her shower start up I nudged myself through the gap in the door. I was definitely thankful that she didn't shut it all the way.

I ran my eyes over her naked form in the shower in a clinical manner. I was double checking for any remaining bruising or cuts. The bruises there were yellow and green, as if they were days old instead of hours. The cuts were light red lines against her pale skin. She would probably be fully healed the next time she fed from one of us.

I should offer that up to her once she gets out.

I didn't realize I opened up a line of communication until Yoongi growled in my mind. "No. I will. And get out here. You shouldn't be in there while she is showering anyway."

As soon as I heard the Dru'rek burrow it's way from underneath the ground I turned in its direction. Before I could fully process what was going on, my alter had me running over as fast as I could. I'm thankful I didn't have a full view of Ever flying through the air, but unfortunately that couldn't be said about my view of the way she landed. I tore apart the Dru'rek first to make sure he no longer posed a threat to my mate. Which meant I didn't reach her until after she passed out, but as soon as I reached her side I immediately started licking every cut I came across. There were so many lacerations it was going to take some time to tend to them all.

"We'll need to heal her enough so we can move her to the bed. There I can replenish some of my mana and be able to heal her more." Jimin offers.

I expected him to be the one to offer to heal. It was usually him since the Spring Court Fae, especially the Sidhe, were the best at healing. My alter tried to coax me into believing that was the only thing Ever should be doing when it came to fighting in the future, but I knew that was just his desire. Ever wouldn't want to be treated as if she were incapable or made of glass. Plus, there was a way to sway my alter with logic by pointing out one simple thing to him. No, she was given those weapons for a reason. She's meant to fight.

Not long after is when everyone, including myself, turned on Jungkook. In the grand scheme of things I knew his idea was a good one, but he got our mate injured. That made my alter quite angry. It was easier to growl out our frustrations though, rather than verbally call him out on it.

Once Jungkook is back in the bedroom he shifts to his humanoid form. He looks at me and sighs realizing I won't budge on my decision to be the one to stay with her. I know she is going to need to feed after last night. It will help with her recovery, and since I am the only one who hasn't sampled her delicious looking lips with my own I want to be the one to stay behind.

Only a minute after Jimin and Jungkook left the room did the door to the bathroom open up. "Oh." Her beautiful eyes that she had to hide from everyone else in the world widened in surprise at finding me there.

I was equally surprised by how much of her pale skin was on display. She was only wrapped in a towel, and while it was oversized it still left enough skin for my blood to travel southward. Her pretty pale cheeks reddened before she cleared her throat. "I forgot to take in a change of clothing with me."

Mate. Claim. My alter kept repeating those words over and over again, and it was almost as if he took over my body to prowl over to her side. I traced down the shoulder of the arm that was holding the terry cloth towel tightly against her. When I got to the bend in her elbow my eyes traced over more of her bare skin like they had a mind of their own. I watched the upper swell of her breasts rise and fall from the rapid breaths she was taking. My lips curved in a slight smile as the skin of breasts became rosier in hue. I pulled her body to me, and the minute my lips landed on her she forgot about the tight grip she had on the towel. Her hands automatically threaded in the back of my hair. I felt her feeding, and when she went to pull away I simply pulled her closer.

I wasn't about to let her get away now that I had her in my arms. I opened my eyes ever so slightly so I could navigate us back toward her bed. It wasn't until her back was fully against the mattress that she started panicking about consuming so much of my life force energy. "Oh my gosh, Yoongi. I didn't mean to. It makes sense that I was hungry, but I didn't mean to feed. I probably took too much."

"Shh. Calm yourself, Kitten." I press a small peck to her lips. "I let you, and I don't plan on going anywhere for the next hour or two."

"What. What do you plan on doing?" Her voice comes out as part whine, and I relish in it. I know what she needs, and I am only too happy to oblige her.

"You'll see." My alter helps me voice those two words. They come out as part growl, and my eyes light up at the impact the sound of said growl has on our mate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 57 29
In a world divided across three distinct generations - The creators, the Slaves, and the powerful Rulers - the supernatural coexists with the mundane...
391 42 11
--He's a sin she's willing to commit and confess to God to seek forgiveness so that she can sin again freshly... But the moment she sees him an unkno...
5.1K 381 46
{ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴɢ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ} "You know what? I'm more than angry. I'm furious. You throw away my feelings like they're nothing. Like I'm nothing. And then you...
184K 7.3K 71
"My heart is divided in 7 pieces and each of those pieces make me whole. Right here, in this very moment, nothing else fucking matters. The jealousy...