The Druid Wielder

By LilOldMeTree

Lady Emilea has only ever wanted to be accomplished like her siblings. Yet, no matter how much she studies po... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 24

3 2 0
By LilOldMeTree

What did he mean? My relationship with Vermilion? I stopped. The room stood before me. There I knew they all waited for me. I had decided they were not going to beat around the bush with me anymore. They needed to give me a straight answer.

"Prince Andrion." I walked in and knelt in front of him. "What are you not telling me?"

"I believe I asked you a question first." Why did everyone dodge my questions?

"I have no current relationship with the head of the assassins. After all, they sold me to the slave traders." I wished Vermilion would have explained himself earlier. Though he didn't seem to "not care" as Illyana explained. Though what could I believe anymore? Did they really abandon me and sell me off? Perhaps there was a traitor among the assassins. Illyana popped into mind.

"Perhaps, however, I think there is more than that." His eyes drifted down. "It might have something to do with what you grasp so tightly in your hand. The very thing I have not seen you put down since you came, what the soldiers were fighting for, and what the assassin retrieved for you."

He was right. Everything that had come to pass was because of this sword.

"If you are to continue as my personal guard, you must explain to me the importance of that sword. Why does the King have every man in Galasia searching for it?"

Everyone's eyes were on me. My hands fidgeted. I took a deep breath, deciding it was best to explain everything that I knew.

"This sword was made specifically for the King. Upon his request. However, the swordsmith who made it knew if it reached the King, Galasia would never escape the dreaded shadow it has been under for the past several decades. So the sword was given to the assassins, in order to protect it. The swordsmith was my master, so Vermilion trusted the sword to me." Or at least that's what I thought. "I did lose it to the Blood Brothers but as you can see, I got it back. Seems like everyone wants the King's magical sword."

"Magical?" Carther asked.

"Well-" I paused. "The sword was made with Druid's stone." I withdrew the sword, exposing the bright spectrum of colors. Ziggs and Nibbs gasped while the others mumbled to each other.

"Druid's stone? The same stone in the wives tale?"

I nodded my head.

"How interesting. Well, what power does it have?" The Prince spoke up. I opened my mouth but paused. What powers did it have? I looked at the swords glimmering rays.

"Surely you don't believe in that kind of thing?" Waryn frowned.

"On the contrary. You see, the King may be unfit to rule this kingdom but he is wise enough to believe it's tales." The Prince shook his head at Waryn who crossed his arms and puffed out his lips like a pouting child.

"Well, no offense to the King's wisdom but- it seems to be a regular sword." I swung it around in my hands. The weight was perfect. The hilt held nicely in my hand and the blade was sharper than any other. Debynn had made a wonderful sword disregarding whatever magical capabilities it possessed.

"My Prince," Nethanael spoke. "If I recall correctly, I do believe I heard Master Abernan speak of it."

"My Master?" The Prince rubbed his chin. "Has he? I am sure he would be able to tell us more about it. If it is magical then we must learn its power before the Ultr army is assembled. Perhaps we can even use it against the King during our attack."

Master Abernan? Why did that name sound familiar? I was sure I had heard of them from someone, but who?

"It is settled then. Tomorrow we will head to his town in the mountains of Ultr. If anyone can tell us more, it's him." Prince Andrion announced. He went and sat down in the only chair in the room. "You are all dismissed." He gave me a nod as well. The others began to shuffle out of the room. Nathanael and Carther stayed behind with the Prince. They watched me leave. Then once I was out of range they closed the door behind me. Though the Prince was helping me, a bit of suspicion still itched in the back of my mind.

A knock at the door startled me. The night had gotten away from me. Was it morning already? I sat up a bit sore.

"Get ready and grab your things."

"One moment," I yelled out. After throwing on some proper clothes and grabbing what I needed, I opened the door. It was Carther.

"We are heading into the Ultr Mountains."

"To find Abernan?"

"Yes. We will talk about it on the way, come on."

The other guards were waiting. Were we the last ones? Why hadn't they woke me sooner? It was quite embarrassing. I was positive my hair was still a mess despite it being chopped and shaved like a boy's cut. Ever since it had been cut, little pieces of hair would just stand straight up. Even when I applied some water to it, it would pop right back up. How I wish I still had my long hair.

"The Prince?" Carther asked the others.

"He is finishing a meeting with one of the King's Royal Guards." Nathanael nodded over to Prince Andrion and another who were walking towards us. Carther raised a brow.

"As the King's Royal Guard, it is my duty to make sure nothing brings the King harm. That means you or any assassin. Now is there anything I should know before reporting back?"

"As I said, there is nothing you should worry about. I am well aware of your responsibilities, Sir Akyto, and I have no intention to make things difficult for you, however, I am on a bit of a time restraint so if you could finish your report with my advisor..."

"Now," Prince Andrion gestured to us to depart. "We really must go." My heart froze. Had the Prince just said Akyto? It couldn't be my brother. My brother was still serving under my father when I had left. I pulled my knight's helmet on before falling in line with the rest of the group. I peaked over to where they stood. It really was him. What would he say if he knew it was me under this armor? Or would he be happy to know I was alive? I almost wanted to tell him it was me, just so he wouldn't worry, but doing so would only make him worry more, especially since he was the King's guard now. Did that make Akyto my enemy?

I left him behind once again, hoping that one day I would get the chance to explain everything to him. After all, Akyto had always been there for me. He deserved to know why I left. Hopefully, I would only pass with a minor beating from him, though I am sure that was wishful thinking.

"You think he is handsome don't you?" Nibbs nudged me.

"Who?"

"That Royal Guard."

"What? No!" I scowled under my helmet.

"Ooo she fancies him!" Nibbs squeaked to Ziggs. I took a deep sigh in and out. They were not going to listen to anything I had to say, were they?

"The girls fawn over us too." Ziggs tossed his hair out of his face.

"The only time I've seen a girl fawn over you two is when your mother comes to the palace to drop off freshly baked scones." Eyels smacked Ziggs horse, jerking it forward.

Nibbs and Eyels laughed while Ziggs fumbled around trying to calm the horse. I found myself laughing along with them.

The Prince turned and gave us all a stare

"I received word that there is a new organization of radicals in the area, so keep a lookout. From here on out, everyone get into formation."

We all moved into our assigned areas. Nathanael and Carther took the lead with the Prince behind. I was behind Nibbs and Ziggs, yet ahead of Waryn. Though it was the place the Prince and I had agreed upon, it was a little unsettling knowing Waryn had his eye on me.

The birds chirping were the only changing noise of the forest beside the soft steps of our horses' hooves on the fallen early autumn leaves. It felt like hours of this. It was as if the woods went on forever and even though the woods blocked most of the sun's rays it felt as if we were traveling through the desert. Beads of sweat rolled down my face. I tilted the water canister and sipped the last of my water down. My mouth was parched. Not thinking whether I would get in trouble or not, I took off my helmet. A bit of air brushed over my face. Owin eyed me as my stubby hair took with the wind. Why was it so hot out? Looking around it seemed that none of the others were bothered or even affected by this tremendously high heat. They must be trained to travel in all sorts of weather. I felt my injured shoulder clench up. Gritting my teeth I pretended like it was nothing. Stupid wound. When would it heal?

Waryn let out a directed cough. My eyes caught his gaze. He shook his head at me. Again pain shot from my shoulder. My body hunched over. I gripped it begging for it to go away.

"Emilea?" Owen whispered.

"I'm fine. Really."

"You don't look fine. You are sweating up a storm."

"Is it your shoulder?" Owin asked.

"Perhaps she has a tummy ache," Waryn spoke in a baby voice.

I chose to ignore it. Not because I was mature but because I honestly couldn't even focus on anything but the pain. It seemed to only be getting worse. On top of that, a migraine had seemed to set in. At this point the Prince along with all the others had stopped to see what was going on. Owen was trying to defend me while Waryn argued nothing except that he didn't care.

Their yells echoed through my ears. It was unbearable to listen to.

"Please-" My body suddenly became light. I watched as I left the horse's saddle. The world spun around me and disappeared with a wisp of wind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

740 41 30
"What in the world are you doing here?" His voice was stern, tinged with annoyance. "You should not have come. It's too dangerous." Elara stepped clo...
364K 9.2K 62
#1 in sword fighting #3 in darkforest #7 in weapons #12 in gory #25 in mysterious (THIS BOOK HAS MANY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, it's slowly being edited...
94.7K 1.4K 15
He brought his hands up and tucked my hair behind my ear. coming closer to my ear "Do i arouse you?" he whispered, making my knees weak "I can feel...
510 440 58
Thon, Aresa, and Dion engage on the adventure of their lives as the journey the land to find the legendary Dragon Hunters, who could save the kingdom...