From pawn to god: A High Scho...

By Dragonflyer8654

In the supernatural world, there's tons of individual beings just waiting for the story of their rise to grea... More

The beginning of it all
Divine revelation
Entry to Asgard
Encounter with the Vanir leader
The Berserker armor
Character profile
Meeting with the Aesir and the Factions
A new friend
Enlightening the soul
Equipment and ability upgrades, relationships
A day with the family
A grizzly encounter
The hammer of Thor
Reveal of Fate in the Aftermath
Forging a god-killer
Breaking point
Primordial panic
The road to healing
Eíthürr upgrade recap

Leaving it all behind

3.4K 45 39
By Dragonflyer8654

Training with Sirzechs occurred a whole lot more often than I thought could've been possible with the free time he was. It usually happened about once a week and usually lasted about 3 hours each. It actually was fairly uneventful, as it turned out my rage is extremely hard to awaken. Over the course of the next 3 months, Sirzechs helped me to not lose myself to my anger and actually control myself to an extent.

"RRAAAHHHH!!"

I yelled out in anger again as a massive explosion of energy blasted everything close to me away. My vision started to turn red and flames started to emerge from my fists.

Sirzechs: "Anger can be a weapon Ethan! But only if you can control it to the point of it being another weapon in your arsenal!"

I nodded at his words as I breathed heavily and looked down at the ground. Kratos still appeared in my dreams quite often, so he helped me immensely to NOT snap during these bursts of anger. Just like with the berserker armor, the best way to handle the rage and make it controllable was the thought of someone close to me-that someone usually being Gasper.

I slowly looked up breathing heavily, but still in control of myself after the initial burst of rage, and lunged towards the dummies that Sirzechs set up in the area that we were training in and sent a barrage of punches to them all. I was actually the equivalent to a queen promotion in this state, so I had the speed of a knight on crack, strength of a rook on steroids, and...nothing that really seemed to be resembling a bishop.

Nonetheless, my rage ended after I slammed my fists onto the ground, creating a massive shockwave. The flames around my head dissipated, my breathing calmed down and my vision returned back to normal.

Sirzechs: "Wonderfully done Ethan! You've come a long way since the crazed fighter you were when you first began to use the spartan rage."

I laughed at him.

"Thank you Sirzechs, it's only because of you that I'm able to handle myself this well."

Sirzechs smiled at me.

Sirzechs: "Well then, that concludes our lessons for today Ethan. This might even be your last lesson for now."

"Well if it is the last one, then I'm happy the last words I heard from you were words of pride."

Sirzechs nodded.

Sirzechs: "Now then, you may want to hurry to the Hyoudou household, I hear Gasper is pretty excited to see you again-alongside your niece and nephew of course."

I smiled at the mention of them all before I turned around and made my way to the Hyoudou household. Sirzechs usually brought me to train right outside the Gremory complex in the underworld, so I had to create a portal back to Kuoh town.

Conditions for me in the Hyoudou Household have certainly been...interesting for me. After I nearly ripped Irina apart in a meeting between the factions, she-quite understandably-stayed quite distant from me, which did unnerve me to some extent, but I still understood her viewpoint of me.

What made it even stranger was that pretty much every other girl in the household had that same personality with me. Xenovia and Koneko I quite understood, their personalities backed up the way they acted...even then though I could tell they were unusual. But Rias, Akeno, and Rossweisse...? That's something I can never quite understand. Kiba, Issei, Asia, and Gasper were pretty much the only people I could talk to without receiving a single word response or a response in general.

I was busy thinking about that going through Kuoh Town when Sköll and Hati's voice rang out in my head.

Sköll: "What's on your mind Fǫðurbróðir?"

"Thinking about everything back home. When do you think I'm ready for Alfheim?"

Hati: "You have been ready for a while in my opinion. Even without your strength that you acquired from your parents. Those blades and that axe should give you more than enough power to help you survive in the realm of the elves."

Sköll: "I would concur. Maybe it's about time you atone for the rampage you went on earlier."

"Heh, maybe...I'll chat with Hel and Jörmungandr later on to see what they think."

Both of the celestial wolves made sounds of agreement as I continued to walk through the city. I was about at the same fountain that Issei got killed by Raynare when I sensed another power...and it was quite immense.

Suddenly, a magical sphere surrounded me and transported me out towards the edge of Kuoh town. It was then that I was graced by an immense amount of power being near me.

"Sköll, Hati, do you feel that?"

Sköll: "Yup, I can recognize father's power anywhere."

My expression deadpanned as I realized who this was.

"Fenrir...which most likely means the Khaos Brigade."

Hati: "I came to that same conclusion."

Soon enough, I sensed a huge blast of energy launched towards me, so I jumped out of the way in time to avoid an explosion.

"Woah! Woah! Couldn't you go a bit easier on the greetings?! I know you're excited to see me, but still!"

???: "You of all people know I never hold back Ethan~"

I immediately blushed at the voice I heard as Kuroka emerged from the shadows and made her presence known.

"W-well hey Kuroka! Certainly didn't expect to see you or any of your other friends here."

Kuroka giggled as Bikou, Vali, Arthur, Le Fay, and Fenrir emerged from the trees they were in.

Bikou: "How's the new god feeling now?!"

I chuckled as Bikou and I fist-pumped each other.

"Long time no see buddy. You too Vali."

Vali smiled slightly, which was huge coming from Vali.

Fenrir: "It's good to see you again Uncle Eithürr."

I smiled at my nephew.

"It's good to see you too Fenrir."

Fenrir: "How are my boys doing with you?"

The blades of chaos and leviathan axe suddenly started to glow immensely and left my back before crashing into the ground and taking the shape of two wolves. Sköll very much looked like a normal white wolf, but now had orange eyes that constantly pulsed, Hati very much the same, but with a jet black coat and pulsing blue eyes.

(Just ignore Atreus lol)

Sköll: "I would say we're doing just fine here father!"

Hati: "Agreed. Eíthürr is surprisingly interested in talking to us."

Fenrir: "Well that's good to hear. Again, as long as you two are happy with your position, then I'm happy."

Sköll and Hati both nodded before dissipating into the weapons I used and found their way onto my back.

Fenrir: "Anyway Eíthürr, I can't help but notice the berserker armor isn't on you currently. Did something happen?"

"Something like that...a peace meeting was made between the Norse pantheon and the faction leaders recently. During that meeting, Fafnir lovingly activated the armor to demonstrate the power I held...which resulted in me nearly killing a friend of mine."

Vali: "A peace meeting huh? I never heard of something of the sort."

"It was very last minute, and was called just to discuss my situation."

Fenrir started to growl as Le Fay pet him to calm him down.

Arthur: "What exactly happened afterwards?"

"Well from that meeting, 3 agreements were made. I am now an independent being who can go wherever I want now due to me being a god, I can no longer wear the armor until I get a grip on the Spartan Rage, and I have to go to Alfheim to retrieve a special individual for the Aesir."

Fenrir started to growl at the mention of me basically being forced to do something for the norse pantheon.

Le Fay: "Fenrir, calm down..."

Fenrir: "Calm down!? Like hell I'll calm down! My uncle is effectively being forced to run errands for the people who ripped apart my family!"

"Who said I would follow everything they tell me to?"

Fenrir looked at me like I was mental.

"If they're practically forcing me into this...and I quite literally fought both Thor and Odin at the same time, it's quite possible that they just want my power to not be a harmful one to themselves."

Fenrir started to smile as he realized what I was saying.

Fenrir: "They're scared of you."

Vali chuckled.

Vali: "As they should be."

I thought back on what I just said. Strangely enough, the thought that the NORSE PANTHEON was scared of me didn't unnerve me as much as my own friends being scared of me.

Bikou: "Alfheim huh? That's a pretty strange location to send you...there's no one important in that realm...except maybe the leaders of the light and dark elves."

Vali: "Not possible, the Aesir have absolutely no interest in the light of Alfheim-or the war between the elves."

"Light of Alfheim?"

Fenrir: "It's the thing that distinguishes Alfheim the most from the other realms. A special substance made from the Lake of Souls in the realm that can vastly strengthen anything it comes into contact with."

"This light...does it affect gods?"

Fenrir: "From my knowledge, no, neither would it give you any benefits."

"Hmm"

Vali: "Wait a minute...lake of souls?"

Fenrir: "One of the many places souls go after death. It is where souls are stored before being recycled and then brought back into the world as the hundreds of beings born every single day."

"What about Valhalla or Hel?"

Fenrir: "I'm not entirely sure about everything. I'm pretty sure it's for beings that just don't want to go to either of them-maybe that's where grandmother is."

I grew intrigued at the mention of my mom.

"Is that so?"

Fenrir: "I never said it was guaranteed...but maybe."

"Hm...maybe I should go now then."

Kuroka: "And leave us all behind..?"

I rolled my eyes at Kuroka. She often did this a lot to try and get me to pay more attention to her.

"Not permanently of course. Don't get too upset."

Kuroka suddenly regained her happy expression.

Kuroka: "Good! I'd love to see you more you know~"

I blushed as I groaned and walked away from her. Kuroka and I had a strange relationship to say the least. She actually visited me quite often during my time living with everyone in the Hyoudou household-although she only arrived whenever no one else-especially Koneko-was around at all.

I actually learned quite a bit on why she is the way she was. She was actually one of the last of her kind, and that is the entire reason she was looking for a strong partner-namely the hosts of the heavenly dragons. It was only due to the ascension I went through that she caught a whiff of my existence...and she's stated to me multiple times she's determined to make me her partner for life-or husband.

I'm a little conflicted over the whole thing. Again, she's attractive as hell...but due to her essentially traumatizing Koneko for life and only wanting me for strong offspring, I just can't be with her. Still don't know why Kuroka did what she did on that night, but I guess she probably isn't happy to be reminded of it.

Nevertheless, she still flirted with me A LOT and I still avoided her advances most of the time.

Arthur: "With all due respect Ethan...wouldn't you want to stay with Ms Gremory's peerage?"

I sighed at the mention of them, which alarmed some of them.

Le Fay: "Did something happen between you and everyone else?"

"I'm not sure myself, but strangely, every girl in that group is...distant...if I were to describe it?"

Bikou grew concerned.

Bikou: "How so? Like being cold or just...no interaction?"

"Depending on the girl either one, or sometimes even both."

Kuroka's eyes narrowed and everyone looked at her surprised.

Kuroka: "Those bitches..."

Everyone-even me-was shocked at her language before Bikou snapped her out of it with one simple statement.

Bikou: "You really going to call your sister that?"

Kuroka softened but still held her angry expression.

Kuroka: "If she doesn't change her attitude soon...then yes."

Fenrir chuckled at her before he looked at me.

Fenrir: "She's down bad for you Uncle."

"Shut up Fenrir."

I looked at Koneko's older sister and she was blushing quite a bit.

Vali: "While I am amused by this love story blossoming between you two, we're going to have to end this discussion here."

"In your dreams buddy."

Le Fay laughed at me.

Le Fay: "You keep telling yourself that."

Fenrir: "Well then...I agree with Albion's host. We don't want to delay you much longer."

"It's been...eh 20 minutes since I left training with Sirzechs, they shouldn't really be suspicious by any means."

Arthur: "Still, we should head on out. Don't want any faction members to pick up on our presence."

I nodded to them.

Vali: "Alright Kuroka, send him back to the fountain."

Kuroka nodded as I was surrounded by magic and transported back to the fountain.

"Ugh, my life is crazy now..."

Sköll: "You're fucking welcome."

Hati: "You're going to have to deal with it Fǫðurbróðir. You can't shut down the godly power you have within you now."

"I guess so..."

I continued to walk back to the Hyoudou household, where I found Gasper and Kiba sitting down on the front porch.

Gasper: "Ethan! You're back!"

My little brother crashed into me and embraced me, to which I hugged him back. Kiba also walked up to me and gave me a tap on the shoulder.

Kiba: "How did the training go?"

"Today was the final lesson according to Sirzechs. I'm able to control the rage to my max capacity without the armor also driving me insane."

Kiba: "That is awesome."

I looked up towards the house and back towards them.

"Is lunch ready yet?"

Gasper: "Akeno finished making it about an hour ago."

I smiled at the mention of her name before quickly saddening slightly.

"Tell her I said thank you whenever you see her again."

Kiba frowned.

Kiba: "Will do buddy."

I sighed before walking into the house and finding the kitchen table with a bunch of curry on it. I poured some of it into a bowl before I went to the table and started to eat it.

The household was relatively quiet, with the clinking of silverware against the bowl being the only sound in the house. Once I finished lunch, I cleaned the dish I used and walked up to my room. As per usual I heard all sorts of giggling from Issei's room, which I did my best to zone out.

'Don't be sad or mad Ethan...Issei won their hearts for a reason...just...have to live with it.'

I took a deep breath before I left before I heard something I never thought I would hear from Issei.

Issei: "Rias, listen to me please. The longer you...the longer everyone else in this room treat Ethan the way you're treating him now...he's just going to run away again."

Rias: "How am I supposed to treat him the same now...he almost killed us that one time!"

Irina: "No kidding Issei! I...I don't know if I can be comfortable around him...he almost mauled me."

Issei groaned in exasperation.

Issei: "Come on now! You really think Ethan would do that consciously?! The entire reason he's going under training to control his abilities is to be able to be around you safely."

Xenovia: "And yet, that armor is still going to drive him mad at one point or another. It's the entire point of its existence."

My chest started to hurt as I continued to listen in on their conversation. They...really thought of me as a monster...

Issei: "That's the entire point of Hel and Jormungandr being brought here! Why are you all so negative towards him now!"

Koneko: "You don't get it Issei-"

Issei: "I don't get it!? Give me a break Koneko! I went into Juggernaut Drive and completely decimated a portion of the underworld, but did your viewpoint of me ever change?!"

Everyone in the room went silent as I was tearing up at Issei's words. At least I know he still values me.

Rias: "With him it's different-"

Issei: "How then Rias? How is it different?"

Rias stayed silent for about 10 seconds before Issei's upset groan could be heard.

Issei: "Rias...I'm supposed to be the one to help you with these sort of things...help everyone with these sort of things for crying out loud...but I can't help any of you if you won't tell me anything."

Irina: "I told you-"

Issei: "If you're really that shallow Irina...I'm truly sorry for Ethan if he thought of you as a friend."

I was shocked at what came out of Issei's mouth. Out of all the things he would say to his childhood friend...he would say that to defend me.

Irina: "Issei that's not-"

Issei: "Like it or not that's what everyone's actions have been saying towards him. You may want to hide whatever's causing you to avoid him. But the risk of losing him again is getting larger and larger by the day."

I silently sighed before backing away from the door and heading back downstairs to the kitchen. I quickly got a sticky note and wrote a quick note on it before I put down on the counter and went back up to my room, passing by Issei's room and entering my own.

I probably did not have the happiest expression on my face as I entered the room, which would explain Hel and Jörmungandr's reactions to me once I walked in.

Hel: "Hello...uncle?"

I walked past them and flopped onto the bed.

Hel: "Uncle Eíthürr? Did something happen?"

I looked up at her with a sad expression before nodding and shoving my face into my pillow.

Jörmungandr slithered up to me and nuzzled the side of my head.

Jörmungandr: "Is there anything we can do to help you?"

I sat up slowly as I looked to both of them sadly before sighing.

"Gather your things...we're leaving at midnight."

Hel looked like she wanted to ask questions, but decided not to as she started to go around my room getting her possessions, while Jörm just looked at me concerned.

I slowly walked around and started to pack things important to me into a bag that I could reliably carry, special plushies, snacks, that kind of thing.

It wasn't until I got to the windowsill where I saw something strange...a bright blue oval-like object was sitting there alongside a sticky note. I picked it up and it read...

Hello Ethan, or should I call you Eithürr?

This is a keystone that will allow you to access the realm between realms and a seed that will allow you to travel to the realm of Alfheim via the realm between realms gateway. Once you enter via the rocks in the front yard of the house you're in, you'll see us almost immediately. See you then!

A friend of your parents

I looked at the note confused but still took the keystone and seed as I continued to go throughout my room gathering my things.

Timeskip about 2 hours

A couple of hours passed, and the sun was setting. I ended up sending a text to Gasper and Kiba I wouldn't be joining dinner and to see me at midnight in the front yard. I also told my niece and nephew what I heard from Issei's room and why I wanted to suddenly leave so much. They got quite angry after that and would've probably killed them if it weren't for me telling them to knock it off.

We were all chilling in my room when a knock was heard on my door. I really wasn't in the mood to talk so I stayed silent. But quite annoyingly, whoever was knocking didn't leave. I mustered up the most kind voice I could have at that moment.

"Leave me alone, please?"

What surprised me was the owner of the voice who responded-Rossweisse.

Rossweisse: "Can you please let me in Ethan? I just want to talk to you..."

I sighed. I might as well talk with SOMEONE before I leave.

"Sure..."

The door slowly opened up to show a very concerned Rossweisse looking at me. I looked at Hel and Jörmungandr and nodded for them to leave before allowing the former valkyrie to enter.

Rossweisse came in and sat down on the bed across from me. The silence that fell between us was...tense to say the least.

Rossweisse: "So...how was your day?"

"Started off good, then went to shit later on...why would you want to know?"

Rossweisse flinched as she looked at me.

Rossweisse: "Look Ethan...I want to apologize if you felt like we are isolating you-or you just feel alone."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at her words as she looked at me. I had nothing to say as I just looked at her for about 10 seconds. I sighed before I began to actually talk.

"Why are you guys doing it?"

Rossweisse: "I don't know why everyone is doing it to be honest."

'Fucking bullshit.'

"I just...don't get it...I do all of this to stand out. To be more useful to everyone...and yet...nobody seems to either care or want me around. I'm controlling my own rage to protect you guys....what am I doing wrong?"

Rossweisse: "You're doing nothing wrong Ethan..."

"Then why is it that whenever Issei does something, everyone adores him, but when I do something, everyone looks at me scared like they didn't know me at all!"

Rossweisse: "We don't think of you like that-"

"You don't need to lie to make me feel better..."

Rossweisse: "But I'm not lying!"

"Even if you weren't lying. What do you all think of me once I put that on?"

I pointed towards the berserker armor on the ground. Rossweisse looked at it, and the expression that appeared on her face said it all.

"Look...if you want to apologize...just stop avoiding me and that will be more than enough for me. I'm not asking for that much right?"

Rossweisse: "I can certainly do that...but I can't guarantee the same for everyone else."

I smiled as much as I could, which Rossweisse caught on immediately that it wasn't a usual smile judging by her face.

"Well then...it's a start...but can you give me some space for tonight...I kind of want to be alone now...I need to think through everything..."

Rossweisse sighed as she looked at me.

Rossweisse: "If that's what you want...then I'll leave you to it."

The rook left the room and left me by myself. Even if they felt bad about how they treated me...they should at least tell SOMEONE why they're feeling the way they are feeling and how it's making them act.

At this point, I can't tell if it's better for me to leave them, or to stay...but I'm still leaving if I'm the cause of all of their...pain I guess?

Rossweisse POV

I sadly left Ethan's room. The pain that he was feeling was all too obvious to me...I wish everyone else could help him out...but most of the others are too scared of him it seems.

I made my way down from his room and down to the dinner table. Everyone immediately locked their eyes on me as I entered, and I sighed sadly and shook my head.

"He's not coming...wants to be left alone for the night."

Everyone unenthusiastically nodded as they looked at his empty seat that was right next to Gasper.

Gasper: "You guys think he's going to be ok?"

Akeno sighed as she looked at the sticky note she found on the counter from him earlier.

Issei: "I hope so...did he say anything to you Rossweisse?"

"He's feeling...inferior again."

Issei put his hands on his face as he sighed.

Issei: "Darn it..."

Rias: "I think...I'll talk to him."

"No, you will not."

Rias: "Rossweisse please..."

"He's not in the mood to talk to any of us right now...he's pretty upset."

Xenovia: "Gasper? Has he told you about any of this?"

Gasper: "Not that he's told me of...he has been curious on why don't any of YOU even attempt to socialize with him recently, but nothing of feelings of inferiority..."

"Well then...you guys are going to have to try and step up soon...you never know when that inferiority will cause him to run away."

Issei: "Starting tomorrow then, we'll spend the day with him, and you all will assure him that the reason you guys are avoiding him ISN'T because of you being scared of him."

Koneko: "Issei..."

Issei: "This isn't up for discussion. I don't want your unhealthy coping mechanisms for whatever you're feeling right now to unwittingly cause him to vanish without a trace again."

Everyone silently nodded as I sat down with everyone pondering everything...as long as Ethan stays with us, should be fine...he already thinks we think of him as a mindless monster...just one day Ethan...just one more day...and everything will be fixed.

Ethan pov

Midnight finally hit as I snapped myself to stay awake again. I sighed as it was finally time to...make things better for everyone. My nephew and niece were asleep on my bed as I was leaning on the window looking up at the moon above me. It was then I turned around and shook both of them awake.

"Hel, Jörm...it is time."

Both of them groaned as they woke up and put themselves together before they left my room and silently went down to the front yard. Once they left, I looked down to the ground, where I saw the berserker armor. I reached for it tentatively, but then stopped myself...

Hati: 'Fǫðurbróðir, once you take that armor with you, you're going to have to never incite a Spartan rage to stay sane. Are you sure you want to leave with it?'

'I might as well...I only ever naturally entered a spartan rage once, and that was when everyone I cared about was stressing over a situation I didn't even want...'

"Wait...if the armor's ability to drive me insane is from the souls trapped within the armor...what would happen if I dumped the armor into the water of the Lake of Souls...would anything change?"

Hati: 'I'm unsure...but I guess there's no pain in finding out what actually will happen.'

I nodded before I walked up to the armor and put it on me.

"Alright then...let's get a move on..."

I quietly made my way through the house and found myself in the front yard. Surely enough, Gasper and Kiba were standing out there. Once they saw me walk out with the berserker armor on though, they immediately grew concerned.

Gasper: "Ethan...! What are you doing with it on?"

I sighed before looking at the two of them.

"I'm heading off to Alfheim now..."

Gasper: "But why? Why are you heading off in the middle of the night! You're making it seem like you're going to be leaving us permanently!"

I sighed and shrugged at my little brother.

"I don't know...but I know what everyone else thinks of me...clearly they're uncomfortable with me being around."

Kiba: "Ethan please don't do this...Rias and the others still care about you..."

"Maybe so...but it doesn't take a genius to see that something about me is unnerving them."

Kiba stayed quiet and Gasper rushed up to me.

Gasper: "What about me Ethan! You promised me to always tell me when you were concerned about something."

I sighed.

"It just happened today Gasper..."

Gasper: "Then what was it?"

"I heard the girls talking with Issei earlier in his room...the only see me as a monster that's about to blow at any time."

Kiba: "Surely they didn't say anything like that Ethan."

"No...I know what I heard...I wish they didn't think of me like that, but reality isn't as good as I wish it was."

Kiba: "But what about us. Issei, Gasper, me, and you! You still matter to us!"

I stopped speaking at that time. My thoughts were still preoccupied with the girls...but I never considered how they would feel about any of this...so in order to make it lighter of a blow for them, I just used the valid excuse that I was delaying my debt to the aesir.

"I'm only taking a small trip to Alfheim to calm Odin's nerves. I'll be back in no time, you can trust me on that."

Gasper grabbed my hand.

Gasper: "You better keep that promise Ethan!"

I grabbed his hand and bent down to his level.

"You have my word little bro."

Gasper hugged me, and I hugged him back. We stayed like that for about 10 seconds before we let go of each other. Kiba quickly followed up with a hug as he rushed into me and embraced me. After about 15 seconds, he let go of me. I backed away from him before looking back towards the Hyoudou household.

"Take care of everyone while I'm gone will you?"

Gasper: "We'll try our best..."

Something was off in Gasper's voice, like he was unsure of what would happen-and was scared by that. Nonetheless, I nodded to him as I grabbed the keystone and held it out in front of me. Suddenly a collection of stones moved in front of my hand and created a door with an artistic representation of the world tree, or Yggdrasil, with 9 circles scattered throughout the tree.

One of the circles lit up and a bit of stones fell off. Hel and Jörmungandr took initiative and opened the door and went in. I was about to walk into the door when I looked back one last time at everyone. First to the household, then to my brother figures, and then to a new power that entered my senses. I looked over to the fence on the front yard to see a black cat staring at me with it's tail swaying. I smiled at the realization of who it was before I walked into the door and found myself...on a weird path in the middle of nowhere seemingly.

"Woah...where are we?"

Hel: "The realm between realms, this is just a section of the world tree that helps us travel to all the realms we have Yggdrasil seeds for."

"Ah..."

Jörmungandr: "There's really nothing special with this place. Just stay on the path. Anyone who dares steps off will get killed-even gods such as yourself."

"Noted..."

I walked through the path until a doorway suddenly formed in front of us. Hel and Jörmungandr both walked through it and I quickly followed them. Once I walked through the other side of the door, I saw a huge desert.

"This...is Alfheim?"

Hel: "Yup, easily distinguished by...that temple over there."

Hel pointed over an elaborate looking temple that had a bright blue pillar of light shooting out from the center of it.

"Is that the light of Alfheim?"

Hel: "If it wasn't obvious enough...yes."

Jörmungandr suddenly coiled up and started to look at something that caught his attention, which Hel and I both noticed.

Hel: "Brother? Is something on your mind?"

Jörmungandr moved his tail to point in a direction, where we saw two abnormally short beings working at an establishment that looked similar to a smithy shop.

Hel: "Ah! A pleasant surprise! They must've been the ones to send you the Alfheim seed!"

"Who are they?"

Hel: "Only one way for you to find out! Come on Uncle Eithürr!"

Hel eagerly pulled me towards the two short individuals. Once they noticed me though, they immediately brightened up.

Blue short man: "By Lady Sif's perfect sloshers...Look. At. You!"

"Um, what?"

Normal short man: "You must be Eithürr! The one I visited last night!"

My eyebrow raised at the dwarf's words.

"Who are you?"

???: "Ah! Excuse my manners. The name's Sindri!"

Jörmungandr: "And what the fuck are you doing here Brok?"

The blue one turned to him and laughed.

Brok: "Looks like you were shrunk again you bastard!"

I leaned into Hel's ear.

"Does he always..."

Hel: "Yup. You'd do well to get used to it."

"But why?"

Brok: "It's just how I function buster. Now, turn around would ya?"

I reluctantly turned around and heard Brok suddenly walk up to me.

Brok: "That axe you got...it was Sindri and I who made her for your mother."

I perked up and my eyes widened.

"You two knew my mother?!"

Sindri smiled at the mention of her.

Sindri: "She was...a special woman. Truly one of the most pure souls I've ever had the pleasure of meeting in my life."

Brok: "Damn right she was! She was also crazy skilled with that axe! Almost took down Thor in a fight I heard."

"Mom almost beat Thor?!"

Brok: "According to what everyone in Vanaheim was saying at the moment yeah."

I looked up shocked. I knew my dad was insanely powerful...but if my mother was strong enough to fight Thor-and beat him...maybe my strength isn't entirely from my dad.

Hel: "What exactly are you guys doing here?"

Sindri: "Well you see, after Eithürr had his fight with Thor and Odin, a huge amount of leftover energy was produced. After you guys all left, we both scoured the battlefield and realized that you were using not only your mother's, but also your father's weapons!"

I looked at both of the weapons on my back and grunted.

"Ok then..."

Sindri's expression seemed to drop a little before Jörmungandr slithered up to him.

Jörmungandr: "What they're implying, Eíthürr, is that they can upgrade both your blades and axe."

"Oh...! Sorry about that, I'm not very apparent to picking up on implications or any sort of subtle hints."

I quickly pulled the leviathan axe off of my back and gave it to Sindri, while I pulled the blades off of my back and gave them to Brok. Both of the dwarves brought the weapons over to a workbench and started to work on them. Both of the dwarves then brought out something that shocked me.

Brok had a good amount of chaos flame in his hands. How did I know it was chaos flame? Well quite frankly, it was constantly lashing towards the blades themselves...and they were floating in thin air without a source.

Sindri had a similar flame...but it was blue instead of orange and the flame was stagnant, like it was frozen.

They both infused the flames into the weapons and I felt an immense amount of power emanating from both of them. After the weapons received their improvement from the dwarves, Sköll and Hati's howls rang out from the weapons.

Sindri: "What's this?"

I recalled the axe back into my hand and launched my chains to wrap around the blades and pulled them back to me.

Brok: "What in Ymir's blood is that?!"

I smiled embarrassed as the axe and blades started to glow on my back and Sköll and Hati formed behind me.

Sindri: "This is...incredible! No wonder the weapons were more powerful than they were when they were wielded by your parents!"

Hel proudly posed in front of me.

Hel: "Yes he is! My Uncle Eíthürr will have the power to change the world!"

The dwarves looked at me for a second before shrugging and turning away.

Brok: "Well if he is, then I'll be excited. If his mommy and daddy were able to shake up the world, imagine what he and his brother can do!"

Jörmungandr immediately glared at Brok.

Jörmungandr: "Father won't ever be free again and he and Eíthürr would never cooperate if I ever saw to it."

Sindri looked at all of us before shrugging and going back to his work on the workbench.

Hel: "Alright then Uncle Eíthürr. Come on."

I sheathed all of my weapons on my back before looking at them.

"Wait what? Where are we going?"

Hel: "To the place where we'll most likely find the individual that the Aesir sent you to find."

Jörmungandr turned to Hel surprised.

Jörmungandr: "Out of everyone I know, I am shocked that you're helping them."

Hel: "I'm not. We're going to be protect them, and Uncle Eíthürr is going to help us."

"Wait what?!"

Jörmungandr hissed before he started to laugh.

Jörmungandr: "I like where this is going!"

Hel: "You know what I said. Now come on! We need to get to that temple up there!"

Hel and Jörmungandr both started to sprint towards the temple as I started to chase them. Eventually I tackled Jörmungandr to the ground and he laughed as we wrestled on the ground all until...

Hel: "You're it!"

"Hey! I didn't know we were playing Tag!"

Hel: "Well now we are!"

"Well I'M certainly not going to lose! Get back here!"

My niece and nephew began to laugh as I began to chase them around the desert. All it needed was an occasional obtuse comment from Brok, and for the first time in a while...I somewhat felt something I've never felt before. I may not know the emotion I felt that night in Alfheim, but I can guarantee you, it was the best thing I've felt in an extremely long time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 15.2K 60
Inspired by @Astro_Reaper22 and @TheWidowMaker, I decided to make a dxd x male reader(this is my first book so don't hate on me okay?) Disclaimer: I...
289 25 15
Morpheus, Lucifer and Loki... An Endless, The Devil and A Norse God. Believe it or not, the three of them had a beautiful bond called a Soulmate Bond...
33.7K 463 34
Issei Hyoudou Has Gone Though Everything to Become The Hero of The Factions but because of Rias and His Brothers Lies made almost the entire supernat...
11.6K 144 51
This is a story of issei having a student and passing the gear to him in his last moments while promising to love the others like he did or even more...