Billionaire Ex-husband's Baby

By Lypstical

Ethan is a 27 year old billionaire and an extremely awful husband to his 24 year old wife, Olivia. He only ev... More

Chapter 1 - Unhappy
Chapter 2 - The Divorce
Chapter 4 - Unhappy That She's Happy
Chapter 5 - Moving Out
Chapter 6 - Frustration
Chapter 7 - Disgusted
Chapter 8 - Reactions
Chapter 9 - A Mess
Chapter 10 - Only for the Baby
Chapter 11 - Twisting the Truth
Chapter 12 - Gorgeous Ex-wife
Chapter 13 - Witnessing Some Tension
Chapter 14 - A Woman's Seduction
Chapter 15 - Enough
Chapter 16 - Jealous
Chapter 17 - The Pictures
Chapter 18 - A Moment Like No Other
Chapter 19 - Uncontrollable Rage
Chapter 20 - The Hospital
Chapter 21 - Mother and Son
Chapter 22 - My Son
Chapter 23 - Best Friends
Chapter 24 - Feels Like Goodbye
Chapter 25 - Thinking About You
Chapter 26 - The Wedding Day
Chapter 27 - The Groom's Decision
Chapter 28 - Heartless
Chapter 29 - Standing Up To Her
Chapter 30 - Emotional Vulnerability
Chapter 31 - Feelings
Chapter 32 - Broken Bond
Chapter 33 - Longing For Your Lips
Chapter 34 - Confessions
Chapter 35 - Burning Desire
Chapter 36 - Tonight
Chapter 37 - Passionate
Chapter 38 - A Man Who Protects
Chapter 39 - The Last Straw
Chapter 40 - True Colors
Chapter 41 - My Mother
Chapter 42 - The Suffering
Chapter 43 - Hope
Chapter 44 - Unexpected
Chapter 45 - Never Again
Chapter 46 - Loss
Chapter 47 - Family

Chapter 3 - Celebrating the Divorce

14K 408 21
By Lypstical

Ethan was momentarily at a loss for words as he stared at Pete with disbelief.

He held onto Pete's hands, got them off his shoulders, then took a few steps back with his head tilted.

"I just told you about my divorce. Why do you sound and look so relieved?"

"Well," Pete said as he rubbed the back of his neck and cleared his throat. "Of course I'm relieved and it's because I can finally have you all to myself during game night or something."

Unamused, Ethan rubbed his temples. "Now's not the time for such jokes or any jokes at all."

"Right," Pete nodded. "I guess I just got excited at the thought of you letting Olivia go and being a free man again. Anyway, tell me more about the divorce and why you're so upset."

"Where do I even begin?" Ethan leaned against the wall with a sigh of frustration. "Can you believe that as soon as I told Olivia about the divorce, she was the exact opposite of what I expected?"

"Huh?"

"She didn't break down at all. I expected her to throw things at me or even beg me not to divorce her. But she was okay with everything. You should've seen her face. I know she wasn't acting. That's the happiest I've seen her in a long time."

"Dude, the way I see it," Pete paused, standing in front of Ethan and placing his hands on his shoulders again. "I think Olivia's reaction was great."

"What the hell's that supposed to mean?" Ethan's forehead creased.

"Calm down. I'm not done yet. Look, you're my best friend but Olivia's also a friend of mine. I'm glad she's okay with getting a divorce. I don't want to see her sad and depressed because of it."

Irritated, Ethan pushed Pete's hands off his shoulders. "You're the only one glad she's okay with this news. I expected her to break down or something like that."

"Are you listening to yourself? The same way you expected her to break down, do you see that happening to you?"

"No."

"Then why should Olivia feel that way?"

With no justification as to why she should have been the only one to break down and suffer, Ethan loosened his necktie in silence, his breathing loud.

"I have to admit that I didn't expect you two to divorce in just four months," Pete said. "Are you divorcing her because you don't love her?"

"It wasn't my decision, my mother said I should do it."

"What?" Pete said with wide eyes, then closed them as he shook his head. "It's always your mother."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You always do whatever she says."

"And what's wrong with that? She's my mother. If she wants the divorce, then I'll gladly do it."

"But what about you? Do you really want to divorce Olivia?"

"That's what my mother wants."

"I never thought I'd see the day your mother would demand you divorce Olivia and you agree with no protest. Does it mean that whatever your mother wants from you, for as long as she's alive, you won't question it or go against her?"

"What's with all these freaking questions? What are you trying to say? I see the way you're looking at me right now. Are you judging me?"

"Of course I'm judging you! Don't you think it's a bit too extreme? Why do you always do as your mother says?"

"You know what? Forget I said anything to you. This isn't the support I was looking for!"

"I'm your best friend but I don't support this at all!"

Because the discussion had taken an unexpected turn for Ethan, he said nothing more about the divorce.

He always expected Pete to stand by his side in all his decisions, including that particular one.

Before the tension between them could escalate more than it already did, Pete sighed deeply before speaking.

"Where's Olivia now?" His voice was gentle.

"I don't know. But she's probably somewhere inside celebrating." Ethan clenched his fists as he remembered Olivia's laughter when he had broken the news to her.

As soon as he mentioned she was probably inside, Pete faced the direction that would lead him to the entrance.

"Where are you going?" Ethan asked, confused.

"I need to speak to Olivia about this whole thing to find out how she's feeling," Pete said.

"Are you serious? Weren't you paying attention when I said she's thrilled?"

Pete shrugged. "I know, but I still want to speak to her and ensure she wasn't faking her relief."

Ethan scoffed. "I'm certain she's not faking anything but you know what? Fine, go."

Once he was alone, he shoved his hands in his pocket, pacing in the same empty spot as he thought about the argument he just had with Pete concerning his mother.

No matter how Pete seemed to be against it, Ethan convinced himself that he only did as his mother desired and nothing was wrong with that because he didn't even love Olivia.

Though he took great pride in showing off his gorgeous wife, his mother's wishes came first.

~

Olivia had been sauntering around the mansion with a glass of wine in her hand, her lips curved into a smile as she wondered what else she could do to celebrate her freedom.

She even took a few pictures using her phone because she finally had some bright facial expressions, something that had been missing for so long.

When Ethan had broken the news to her about the divorce, it was meant to be bad news, but it was the best news she had heard in a long time.

Her plan for the future was that once she would be free of the Hudsons, she would start a new chapter where she could be her own person and not have to tolerate any disrespect from them.

Maybe it was too early to daydream about her freedom, but she couldn't just couldn't help it.

As she paused for another selfie while looking at the screen, Pete's name popped up on the caller ID, breaking her concentration so she picked up.

"Hello?" She leaned against the wall, her tone enthusiastic.

"Hey, beautiful, where are you?" He sounded flirtatious.

Earlier, she had seen Ethan pulling Pete outside so they could talk and so at that moment, she knew he was aware of the divorce.

Judging from his flirtatious tone, he was more hopeful than ever. It was then that she decided to make things clear to him.

"Meet me on the second floor," she said, taking another sip from her glass.

After waiting for a few minutes, Pete arrived and as they headed to the study, he whistled at her as he followed behind her, making her roll her eyes as she faced ahead.

Once they were alone in the study, she placed her glass on the table, then placed her hands on it for support as she leaned back.

"So, you wanted to talk," she began, her face still bright.

"Yes, Ethan just told me what happened."

"I know he did." She scoffed.

"Look," he said as he moved closer to her and placed his hands on her shoulders in a sensual way.

"What do you think you're doing?" She pushed his hands off and stepped away from him. "You can speak without touching me."

"I'm sorry. I just..."

"You just what? Do you think I'm that easy? This is the first time you've gone too far and I'm not having it.

"I'm sorry. I just want you to know that if you need someone to talk to, I'm right here."

She sighed, sitting down in an armchair. "I appreciate the concern but I'm fine. I'm the best I've ever been in a long time."

"You know, I always wanted to have you all to myself, but not like this. That's why I'm not too happy with the manner in which you'll no longer be part of Ethan's life. On the other hand, you and I can finally h-"

"Hold it right there." She rose to her feet, stepping forward with her head high. "Let me make something clear to you right now. Understand that once the divorce is finalized, I'll leave this town and start somewhere new. It'll be a place that has nothing to do with any of you."

"Come on, maybe you can finally give me a chance." He licked his lips.

"I meant what I just said to you." She placed a hand on her hip. "Ethan doesn't even know that you've been hitting on me. The only reason I haven't told him is because I can handle it myself."

Stroking his chin, he glanced at her collarbone and said, "The more you reject me, the more I want to be with you."

"I'll never be with you. Let that sink into your head. Now, excuse me. I have some celebrating to do."

As soon as she made things clear to him, she made her way out of the room, giving him no chance to speak again.

She wished to be alone and far from anyone that had something to do with her husband or her mother-in-law.

As she made her way down the stairs, she caught sight of her mother-in-law and smiled brightly for the first time in a long time. It was because her days of misery would soon come to an end

"Hello, there, I was just thinking about you," Olivia said as she got closer.

"Excuse me?" Ms Hudson asked, puzzled.

"How could I not think about you after what just happened?"

"What nonsense are you talking about?"

"Ethan told me he wants a divorce."

"Well, I guess he wasted no time in telling you." She rolled her eyes with a chuckle.

"I'm glad he didn't waste time because now I'm finally going to be free of you. I don't have to see you, or speak to you. I don't even have to be around you."

"Since you're a good for nothing daughter-in-law, I feel exactly the same way."

"I want you to know that it's been an unpleasant and unbearable four months. I have to go now."

"You have some nerve to stand here, in my house and speak to me like t-

"I said I have to go." Olivia firmly cut her off, then headed upstairs to get the car keys.

"Good for nothing!"

Though she whispered, Olivia heard her but at that moment, nothing could ruin her new found joy.

After getting the car keys, she headed outside.

As she approached the car, still with some distance to cover, Ethan called her name from behind, but she focused on the path ahead with a smirk. Not once did she stop to look back or wait for him.

When his footsteps got louder and faster, she wished she could run in her heels to get away. She didn't want to see his face.

Finally catching up with her, he walked beside her, his tone harsh as he spoke to her.

"Care to fucking explain why you didn't stop or at least respond when I called out to you so many times?"

"The thing is that I heard you the entire time. I just didn't feel like listening to anything you had to say to me."

"You don't have to be like this."

Unlocking the car, she shrugged."Be like what?"

"Whatever this shit is." He gestured with his hand.

"Oh, you mean I shouldn't be happy and finally treat you the same way you've been treating me, like trash?"

"You're being dramatic."

"Are you sure? I've been celebrating since you told me about the divorce. That speaks volumes of just how much I'm looking forward to getting out of this marriage. I'm not being dramatic, I'm being happy and I'm going home to continue with my celebration."

"What? You can't go home because we're spending the night here."

"About that," she began, then opened the car door, "you can sleep here since that's what you want. I don't."

As soon as she got in, she started the engine, excitedly wrapping her hand around the steering wheel as she looked outside the window.

"Just a reminder. Serve me those divorce papers as soon as they're ready!"

"Olivia..." He sighed with a blank expression, resting his hands on top of the car roof.

She chuckled in his face as she rolled up the window, leaving him standing there as she drove off.

Once she was on the main road, she rolled down the window again to let the wind blow in her face and she sighed in relaxation. It was as if her senses came alive again.

She might've seen all the surrounding trees and lights several times since she was familiar with that road, but it all just looked so different and beautiful.

Now that her mind was filled with positivity and she no longer drowned in her misery, it made her see things differently.

She was so content with just getting her freedom that she had no plans of demanding anything from Ethan.

~

The moment she made it back home, right when her car approached the entrance, the headlights beamed on it and she noticed someone standing near the gate. She just couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman because of the dark colored outfit and cap they had on.

Wanting to find out who was waiting at the gate, she stepped out of the car.

As she got closer, she noticed that the dark colors on the clothes of the person in front of her were all just stains.

She also could finally make out that she was looking at a woman when she took off her cap. She could've been around the same age as Ms Hudson.

With a walking stick in one hand and a lack of eye contact, Olivia soon realized she was blind.

"Hello, ma'am. Can I help you with something?" Olivia asked as she got even closer.

Apart from the woman's clothes that were covered in filth, she had messy hair and her skin wasn't in the best condition. She also had an unpleasant smell, but Olivia still didn't move away.

"Hello, my dear!" the strange woman said with a smile, showing her yellow and black stained teeth.

"Hello, once again," Olivia's tone was gentle. "May I know your name and what's brought you to my home? Is there something I can help you with?"

"My...my name is Martha," said the woman, then suddenly giggled and fiddled with her fingers like a child as she spoke with uncontrollable excitement. "I'm looking for my son. They told me he lives here!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386K 12.8K 46
"You have beautiful eyes, I'd love to be lost in them." He said with a soft smile on his face. "Has that line worked for every female?" "Maybe it h...
7.2M 159K 34
"Hey Babe! I am having a surprise news for you!!" Anna cooed with the joy to tell Ethan that she is pregnant. "Before that sign the divorce paper!"...
1M 27.5K 35
Amy Green knew she was too good for Ethan Harris. She knew falling in love with a hot millionaire like him was stupid. She knew Ethan falling for her...
5.1M 191K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...