ROGUE| DICK GRAYSON

By rxxner

[Book 1: The Bandit Series] "You're the worst human being on the face of the planet." "Aww, I think t... More

ROGUE
prologue
Act i
i. routine
ii. red arrow
iii. new alliances
iv. clayface
v. superboy, the genomorph
vii. red hoodie
viii. lola
ix. out of my head
x. clones
xi. real leader
xii. guide to quitting
xiii. a sandy mess
xiv. ghost boy
xv. the mighty zeus
xvi. a wayne ball
xvii. memory loss
xviii. football
xix. the bratva
xx. traitor
xxi. planet of the apes
xxii. joker
xxiii. sacrifice
xxiv. august
xxv. pre-paid therapy
xxvi. chocolate cake with sprinkles
xxvii. percy and levi
xxviii. tired of fear
xxix. fucking lapdogs
xxx. the three words
xxxi. required taste
xxxii. lost voice
xxxiii. daring dangers
xxxiv. boy of steel
xxxv. family secrets
xxxvi. same old roy
xxxvii. no goodbye
act ii.
xxxviii. earth
xxxix. abaddon
xl. the pit
xli. new trainer
xlii. best of friends
xliii. god of thunder
xliv. nightwing
xlv. losing valerie
xlvi. jason
xlvii. desperate times equals desperate measures
xlviii. don't be silly
xlix. nemesis
l. picking fights
li. rowan's destiny
lii. blake arrow harper
liii. dead girl walking
liv. o'captain
lv. poseidon's right-hand man
lvi. nysa
lvii. the perfect life
lviii. the recruiter for death
lix. one last night
lx. no mourners
lxi. my captain
lxii. after the world has fallen
epilogue
Author's note + new books!

vi. martians

4.2K 169 34
By rxxner

People like putting others in boxes. They say it's easier for everyone because it's not a stressor. You are who you are, get over it.

That's a lie.

See, people judge people on their appearance first. In 0.1 seconds of meeting someone, you are being judged by your trustworthiness and competence. Then after talking for a while, they judge you on your voice, opinions, and other criteria. People will find any flaw and use it against you. It could be from a deeply hidden insecurity or just because they're a bitch.

Eighty percent of the time, we are unable to determine personality traits based on appearance, and yet, we do it over and over again.

Rowan never lies to herself; she knows she's too quick to judge. But, she's been trained to. If they're strong based on their stance, or if they're shy based on their hand movements. But, it all comes down to one thing. Could Rowan kill them? 

Most of the time, she could. But, there's always one person she couldn't.

Kennedy Blake was the root of all Rowan's problems. 

If Kennedy couldn't hold her breath for three minutes without passing out; Rowan had to hold her breath for five.

If Kennedy couldn't take shooting a person in the head; Rowan had to cut off Kennedy's finger.

It was simple really, whenever her older sister was too much of a pansy, Rowan had to take her place. It was like her father knew that Kennedy wouldn't cut whatever he was planning, so Rowan had to.

Rowan had to make the cut.

Rogue didn't make a sound as she slowly woke back up. Her mind physically aching from the mind control. She didn't open her eyes, not until she realized she wasn't in immediate danger.

The girl slowly stood up, along with the other three.

Aqualad spoke first, "Guardian?"

"Go," Guardian replied, "I'll get Desmond."

"I think not." The monsters backed away, making an opening for everyone to see the evil scientist with a bitchy glare, "Project Blockbuster will give me the power to restore order to Cadmus." The man drank the blue liquid that was in his hand. Suddenly, his clothes ripped(Not in a good way) and he started to groan from all this grey shit growing out of his skin.

Rogue rolled her eyes, "Don't you just love it when evil scientists turn into ugly, bald monsters?" When she got no reply, she shrugged, "Tough crowd."

"Everyone, back." Guardian extended his arms, holding them back.

Rogue pushed his arm down. Who does he think he is? Rowan is a badass bitch, she doesn't need a man to try to protect her. That's some misogyny shit if she's ever seen it.

Guardian ran toward BlockBuster, but just got knocked into a wall. Rowan snorted, causing Robin to pinch her on the side, making the girl punch him in the shoulder.

Superboy ran at him, causing them to throw a series of punches, but ultimately led the bald monster into jumping through the ceiling with Superboy.

The four of them ran to the hole in the ceiling, "Okay, that's one way to bust through the ceiling." Robin and Rogue grappled up there, Robin carrying Kid and Rogue carrying Aqualad.

"You think Lab Coat planned that?" Kid asked as he got carried.

Aqualad responded, "I doubt he's planning anything anymore."

Suddenly, Superboy got thrown right at Rogue, making them tumble back. The other three rushed to their side. Rogue pushed Superboy off her, not caring how hard he hit the floor. He has Superman's blood rushing through him, he'll be fine.

The four locked eyes with BlockBuster, making Rogue smirk slightly. She missed fighting actual competitors. They all rushed at him, Kid going in between his legs to get behind him and Rogue running to his left. Superboy and Aqualad punched him, sending the bald freak to trip over Kid. 

"Learned that one in kindergarten."

Rogue and Robin through their weapons at different angles, but it didn't even cut him. The girl rushed at his hunched-over figure, she wrapped her legs around his neck and started to pull a metal line into his neck. Rogue started to pull harder, causing BlockBuster to run back into a wall, letting her head also hit the concrete, but she didn't let go.

Well, she did when he pulled on the line and threw her over him, into the floor. Baldie was about to punch her brains into mush when Superboy smashed him back into the pillar.

A voice spoke out against the violent groans, "KF! Rogue, come over here." The two ran over to Robin, looking at the screen thing and seeing what they have to do. 

Kid nodded, "Got it!" He used his speed to punch his nose straight off his face. Rogue rushed over to them and laughed at the redhead.

She pointed at BlockBuster, "You're quite literally Voldermort right now."

"Hey!" Kid Flash looked at Rogue with a goofy smile, "You mean, 'He who must not be named'?"

BlockBuster grew angrier by the second, "Yea, sorry. I meant to say, 'Bald freak.'"

The beast threw Superboy down and rushed at them, causing both of them to run. Kid didn't even try to grab the girl as he knew that she would hit him if he tried it again.

BlockBuster ran at them and they had to make sure that the pillars were getting broken. Kid got hit pretty well as he wasn't using his speed and Rogue was doing good on dodging. 

She saw Aqualad make water; Kid and Rogue skidded on it slightly, but ultimately let BlockBuster run after them. As he was so close to getting them, Superboy knocked him down and the two quickly got off the water. The Atlantian electrified the water, causing BlockBuster to get electrocuted. 

"Move!" Robin yelled, provoking everyone to run out of the danger zone. Boy Wonder's disks blew up the rest of the pillars, making the ceiling fall above them.

Rogue felt Superboy jump on top of her, causing her to almost push him off. She felt the pressure of the concrete build, but she's been through this before. It's just like training, she had to keep reminding herself. 

Superboy pushed the giant concrete slab off them, making them all stand up, their bodies aching. Aqualad breathed heavily, "We-We did it."

Robin smiled slightly, "Was there ever any doubt?"

"Yes," Rogue immediately replied.

She watched Robin and Kid high-five, causing them to groan and hold their sides. 

"See?" Kid pointed to the moon, "The moon." Superman showed up like Houdini, "Oh, and Superman. Do we keep our promises or what?"

Rogue poked his side, making him hiss and she let out a laugh. Robin quickly nudged her back for poking his best friend. Rogue hit the boy, causing a series of hand slapping, but it all stopped when Superman and the rest of the Justice League finally landed. 

When she met eyes with Canary, she knew she was in deep shit. But, when she met eyes with Batman(She thinks she did), Rogue gave him a shit-eating grin.

Superboy walked forward, showing them his tattered 'S' symbol on his onesie. Batman showed up behind a surprised Superman, "Is that what I think it is?"

Kid Flash walked forward and murmured, "He doesn't like being called an, 'it'."

"I'm Superman's clone." Damn, straight to the point. Respect.

Batman's glare harshened(She thinks), "Start talking."

Most of the Justice League left, bringing BlockBuster with them. Rogue stood with the four boys, her arms crossed. Sure, she was listening to them, but her glare was set on The Big, Blue, Boy Scout, and The Emo Billionaire. If they don't take in Superboy, then they are complete hypocrites. They always place kids in harm's way, so why not another with actual powers?

They're all for justice, right?

Superman walked up to his clone, causing Rogue to step up too, glaring the alien in the eyes. Sure, Superboy was an idiotic, impulsive, four-month-old. But, he somehow grew on her.

"We'll uh... We'll figure something out for you," Superman said, causing Rogue to roll her eyes, "The league will, I mean. For now, I'd better make sure they get that Blockbuster creature squared away." Then he flew off, like an ignorant man-child.

Rogue's jaw dropped, "That bitch!" Then she pointed at the man flying away, "I know you can hear me, you ignorant slut."

Batman, Aquaman, and Flash walked up to the group, "Cadmus will be investigated. All fifty-two levels." He paused, "But, let's make one thing clear-"

"-You should have called!" Flash quickly interrupted. 

"End results aside, we are not happy. You hacked Justice League systems," That was Robin. "Disobeyed direct orders and endangered lives," Only our own lives, which we do every single day, "You will not be doing this again."

Aqualad stepped forward, "I'm sorry, but we will." The other four nodded at his words.

"Aqualad, stand down." Aquaman tried to dissipate the situation, but he wasn't staying silent.

The Atlantian shook his head, "Apologies, my King. But, no." He pointed to the four superheroes behind him, "We did good work here tonight. The work you trained us to do. Together, on our own, we forged something powerful, important."

Flash started to grow frustrated, "If this is about your treatment at the hall, the four of you-"

"The five of us," Rogue stepped forward with a glare, "And it's not."

Robin strode forward, "Batman, we're ready to use what you taught us. Or why teach us at all?"

"Why let them tell us what to do?" Superboy's voice deepened, "It's simple-"

Rogue finished for him, "-Get on board, or get out of the way."

The cave was fucking insane. It was huge and there was space for everyone. Abd the coolest part? They were in a fucking mountain!

The young superheroes stood next to their mentors as Batman talked, "This cave was the original Secret Sanctuary of the Justice League. We're calling it into service again. Since you four are determined to stay together and fight the good fight...you'll do it on League terms. Red Tornado volunteered to live here and be your supervisor. Black Canary's in charge of training," Oh, fuck. "I will deploy you on missions."

Robin quickly cut in, "Real missions?"

"Yes, but covert."

Flash crossed his arms, "The League will still handle the obvious stuff. There's a reason we have these targets on our chests."

"But Cadmus proves the bad guys are getting smarter. Batman needs a team that can operate on the sly," Aquaman informs. 

Rogue looked at the boys that were across from her. Everyone was in civvies, including Robin. And, Rowan swears she saw that hoodie on someone before. She just has to figure out who.

Batman spoke up again, "The six of you will be that team."

"Cool," Robin smirked, then it dropped, "Wait, six?"

The Zeta Tubes went off, causing the boys to turn around and for Rogue to meet eyes with a green girl with orange hair.

"This is the Martian Manhunter's niece, Miss Martian."

She waved her hand and a sweet, angelic voice flew through the air, "Hi."

Kid Flash nudged Robin, "Liking this gig more every minute."

Rogue stood on the other side of Robin and spoke in his ear, "Hit KF for me?"

Robin smirked back, "Always."

Just as he was about to smack his arm, KF ran over to Miss Martian, "Welcome aboard," He pointed behind him, "This is Robin, Rogue, and Aqualad. It's cool if you forget their names."

The niece clasped her hands together, "I'm honored to be included."

The three boys walked forward, but Rogue stayed behind and nudged Superboy, "Don't be a pussy." She walked forward, "Come meet Miss M."

The sweet girl smiled at Superboy and changed her white shirt, black, "I like your T-shirt."

Rogue's eyes widened in bewilderment, "That's so cool, man."

Aqualad smiled at his teammates,

 "Today is the day."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

572K 15.5K 46
" You'll never know if you can fly , unless you take the risk of falling" ~Nightwing~ After the death of her parents and the disappearance of...
43.1K 1.2K 61
[Book One] "I've been the Archer, I've been the prey. Who could ever leave me, darling? And who could stay?" Started Aug 23rd, 2020 Finished Oct 15th...
whelmed By kj !!

Fanfiction

374K 10.8K 25
The team has a new mission... Protect Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Damian Wayne from a hunter... And from killing eachother rankings: #1...
305K 8.4K 52
Ever wonder what it's like to be a Hero? Or what it's like to be... Someone? You'll get to know the answer as you soar through the roofs of Gotham, w...