Wishes of the Thousand Yearni...

By Allioune24

Wei Wuxian knew that Mo Xuanyu's body cannot support the increasing resentful energy in his body. "Are you su... More

PAINTING
SILENCE
HELPLESSNESS
DISTANCE
...IN A RELATIONSHIP?...
Chance
Sandwich
LONGING
TRUTH
SINGING
QUESTION
SONG
MARK
NAME
His Wish
Fate
Meet
Beginning
Sin
Difference
Villain
Refusal
Begged
Memories
Recollections
Chaos
Sizhui
Choice
Unbroken

HOPE

243 22 1
By Allioune24

Sui Chen has a sad expression on his face. Wei Ying had doubts about his two students at first, but the incident between Yin Qing and Sizhui confirmed his suspicions.

He confirmed the identities of the two students.

"Chenqing liked it when little Sizhui listened to him..." Sui Chen explained.

"Why don't you use Chenqing's name instead of Bian's?"

"Chenqing's name is better than mine... It's embarrassing, you know... If it hadn't been for you, I would have smacked you back then..." Wei Ying laughed, and Sui Chen continued, "right... Chenqing still doesn't know what you realized... I hope you keep it that way..."

"Why?"

"We're not supposed to be a part of this world," he replied, "and we know... You've already reached the end of this whole facade..."

There was a brief pause between them.

"I miss the days when you could still wield me and dance with me, clashing to every blade and watching the priceless face of the GusuLan clan... But now, you'll never be able to wield me again..." Sui Chen said, "but I'm glad I got to see you again... After all these years...I just want to continue this silent life..."

Sui Chen or Suibian knew that his master could no longer control him. Just as he was cast away when he returned without his golden core. He felt his grief for not assisting his master, and he was distressed by his master's sad face and resentment at the time.

He recalls not being present when his master died for the first time. no... Even if he was present, he could never save his master.

Even now, his dying wish will never come true. He can no longer enjoy his master's power or the thrill of a fight...

Not right now...

Never...

His master is no longer the same man he once was...

Now he is...

HUMAN.

It was a sad reality, but he was relieved that his master was no longer cursed.

He was patted on the head by a warm hand.

When this person held him, he felt the same warmth and happiness.

That smile... Ah... That smile...

The bright smile he always saw in front of his master had devolved into madness and depravity. The same smile he had wished to see for years.

"Are you content?" he inquired.

"Yes... And you should as well..."

He smiled and nodded, "at long last... I can finally let go of my worries..."

His master is content... And he certainly will be... After everything is finished...

This time around... He swore one last time to protect this person... Not just any blade... But someone who can shield and remove every obstacle in his path...

He swore this time... He will not commit the same mistake...

He will not bind himself to long and rejection. He now had a choice... Even if his master can no longer use him. The choice that he is granted is a long-lost wish.

'I want to protect my master... One last time...'

When he lost him for the second time, he prayed.

Wei Ying could see Suibian's determination. "I'm sorry for neglecting you... For abandoning you... I'm sorry... if I hurt you... But never did I blame you for anything... You have done enough for me back in my foolish and childish years... And thank you... For staying and being loyal to me... For everything," he can't help but say.

Suibian looked at him and smiled brightly when he heard those words. He never expected to hear those words from him. As if a weight had been lifted from his shoulders...

Once again... He promised himself...

He vowed to himself that he would never do it again.

That he will guard his master during his lifetime.

[*****]

Wei Ying left for the Wen siblings after meeting with Suibian.

"So your sword got a physical body?"

"Keep in mind, A-Qing, real body..." he mused, "my sword is talented."

"What are you glad about?"

"He wanted me to wield him again... But... A mortal now... I'm not the same person... I no longer have the power of a cultivator or the power to overturn and make the world tremble under my feet..." he smiled and stared at the vodka in front of him.

"But you are lucky to have such a loyal sword... No one would bother to wait for you for so long," Wen Ning interjected.

Yes, indeed. Suibian is a devoted sword. When he sealed himself after his first death, he refused to make a contract with anyone. And now that he's seen his spirit's body... The same devoted sword...

Wei Ying pondered, 'When did he deserve such a person?' Whether it's his family or his tools... He doesn't deserve any of them... Nonetheless, he is content... Because this is what he didn't realize at the time... He still has someone and something that will support him..'

"By the way... How's life with Lan Wangji? Still no progress? You should pack some lube and condoms just in case..." Wen Qing said smugly.

"Haha... That's impossible... He'd already fallen for someone else... He said he's waiting for h—."

"How sure are you that you're not the one he's looking for?" retorted Wen Qing.

Her question caught him off guard. Even if he has previously stated that he is second to those who can read Lan Wangji. There are times when he really can't read him at all.

Wen Qing raised an eyebrow and demanded an answer from him, thinking, 'so oblivious.'

The sudden silence between them proved it. Wei Ying hoped he is the one Lan Zhan is looking for.

"Well... Nevermind... Like I care about your relationship..." she said, "you used to be a worse flirt and womanizer... But now you're silent when it comes to Lan Wangji..."

"But no matter how much a person forgets everything... His heart will remember..." she said as she sat in front of him with the medical kit and a sip of vodka.

"It might be too cheesy and too arghhh... Forget the term... The mind may forget, but the heart that has completely loved someone will never forget... Even if you try to prevent it..."

He will remember and seek you out at some point... Worse... Wait another thirteen years or millennia for you..."

Wei Ying shook his head.

"You're wrong, Wen Qing," he said, wiping away a tear, "he'll kill himself just to be with me..."

It's not a lie. He was aware of the trauma his Lan Zhan had experienced during his first death and when he learned of his demise.

That's why he broke the law, and the heavens abandoned him and punished him for tampering with life.

He had lived thousands of lives in order to atone...

He needed to be liberated and correct everything...

He had no choice but to change their fate...

He who had defied all odds...

He used the heretic path to improve his temperament.

In exchange for his body, he created the Stygian Tiger Seal and animated Wen Ning.

He struck a bargain with the heavens but received its wrath in exchange for his life.

He had always wanted to save and assist the weak, meek, and powerless.

But in his previous life, he bartered with the underworld and the heavens.

He selected that person's life... His life is part of the deal.

Regardless of the outcome or cause.

The bitterly illusory promise that will never come true.

Even after reincarnation after reincarnation, they missed each other.

He hoped and hoped...

That one time...

He is permitted to accompany that person...

To stand by Lan Zhan's side...

...to be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 712 30
Everything between us... Was a big mistake... The loud wail of the child in his arms filled the serene silence of Cloud Recesses. Taking all attentio...
318K 14.2K 26
Wei Wuxian has been back after 13 years and is starting to understand his husband more and more everyday. Wei Wuxian had known that Lan Zhan had mou...
68K 4.4K 29
With his Shijie is gone, the Wen remnant is gone, the whole cultivation world is going against him..... Wei Wuxian won't forgive anyone. Wei Wuxian...
54.3K 3.1K 21
*Present Time FF* "I'm freeing you Lan Wangji. I was just playing with you. I was just killing my time. Now I'm done so I'm breaking up with you...