Ethan's POV (Bonus Book)

By miadaley17

Warning: This book is an alternative view of my book ITAAS. It can NOT be read as a stand alone unless you do... More

Welcome
Chapter Three- Ethan's POV
Chapter four/five- Ethan's POV
Chapter Five - Ethan's POV (part 1)
Chapter Five -Ethan's POV (part 2)
Chapter Six - Ethan's POV
Chapter Seven - Ethan's POV
Chapter Eight - Ethan's POV
Chapter Nine - Ethan's POV
Chapter Ten - Ethan's POV
Chapter Eleven - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twelve - Ethan's POV
Chapter Thirteen - Ethan's POV
Chapter Fourteen - Ethan's POV
Chapter Fifteen - Ethan's POV
Chapter Sixteen - Ethan's POV
Chapter Seventeen - Ethan's POV
Chapter Eighteen - Ethan's POV
Chapter Nineteen- Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-One - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-Two - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-Three - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-Four - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-Five - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-Six - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-nine - Ethan's POV
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One - Ethan's POV
Chapter Thirty-two - Ethan's POV
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-two/Fifty-three
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59, 60 and 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Seven - Ethan's POV

15.1K 681 419
By miadaley17

Pulling my car down Mia's Street, I already felt myself smiling slightly. I couldn't really help it – there was just something about knowing I was going to spend an entire afternoon alone with Mia that lifted a natural smile to my face.

We only came back yesterday from my trip to my grandma's but despite that fact, I still decided that today was the day, I was going to give her self-defense lessons.

Though a small part of me was motivated to do it only because I liked the idea of having Mia pinned underneath me, the sensible side of me was doing it because I was genuinely scared for her safety.

It honestly scared the shit out of me that she wasn't even close to pushing me off when I was straddling her the other day. It had taken far too little effort to overpower her, and it made me feel sick. I wasn't stupid and I knew full well there were much stronger guys than me out there and if God forbid one of them got it in their mind to hurt her, she'd be powerless. I swallowed painfully hard as I considered that terrifying possibility.

With that last thought resting on my mind, I felt more determined than ever to teach her some techniques. Slowing down as I passed by her house, I carefully scanned her drive for any sign of her dad's car. Finding no signs of it anyway, I felt like I could fully breathe again.

I wasn't stupid enough to try and hang out with her while he was still there. There was a reason why I always insisted she come to my house to study. That man wanted me dead, and I fear as a registered police officer he could make that happen.

To play it even safer, I made sure to park a couple houses away on the opposite side of the road.

Once I was safely parked, I hopped out of the car and made my way over to her house. As I got closer to the door, I heard the loud sound of music playing from inside. It was some kind of sassy Beyonce song, and from how clearly I could hear each line being played, I knew without a doubt that the music had me turned all the way up to Max.

I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face, already knowing it was Mia's doing. Despite the noise, I rang the bell and after waiting for several seconds, I was met with nothing. The music hadn't lowered so it was pretty obvious she hadn't heard me. I tried again, but this time with a loud triple knock. After a couple of seconds, I was still met with nothing. Officially fed up, I let out a heavy sigh and fished deep into my pocket for another one of Mia's stolen bobby pin's so I could try and break my way in again.

Hey, you can't say I didn't at least try to be a good person this time....

Once I successfully got the lock to click into place, I pushed the door open and let myself in. Now inside, the music sounded close to deafening, and it was no fucking wonder at all she couldn't hear me.

Making my way to the stairs, I took them two at a time as I headed my way up to Mia's room. I took a left once I reached the top, and was going to continue onwards to her room, but something made me stop in my tracks. Almost immediately, the widest of smiles washed over my face and I eagerly strode my way to the edge of her bedroom door to get a better look.

Mia's door was cracked open enough to give me a clear view of her, and fuck, was she creating a show. Mia was dancing on the opposite side of the room in front of her mirror, in what had to be the most distracting manner known to man. I could hardly pull my eyes away from my hips as she rolled them around to the time of the music.

To make it even better, Mia was wearing the tiniest of black elastic shorts. Fuck me...

Tilting my head, I leaned against the doorframe and watched some more while still smiling away. From all the ponytail whips and excessive body rolls, it was pretty obvious she was trying to be sexy, and she was more than succeeding that's for fucking sure. She looked hot!

As Mia bent down sharply and gave me a direct view of her ass, my brow lifted up higher and I knew my smile couldn't get any bigger. It was like a miracle come to life - Mia Collins was literally giving me a dirty dance for free. She was so going to kill me when she found out...

Too preoccupied with watching to care about that right now, my eyes raked up and down her body like a man possessed. My eyes near to shot out of my head, when Mia suddenly rolled to the floor and started crawling slowly to the beat of the music with an overly arched back. I bit my lip hard as she did, and continued to watch her with a stupid smile on my face.

It was official – this dance was going to be permanently burned into my head. She soon rose to her feet again while starting to laugh, before starting to dance around in circles while twisting her hips to the beat. I watched hypnotically the entire time, not even caring how widely I was smiling or how easily visible I was to be seen by her.

To my disappointment, the song slowly started to die down, and Mia soon stopped dancing. Then I watched in amusement as she bent over and bowed like she'd been performing to a live audience. I mean technically she had, but she didn't know that...

Deciding this was as good a moment as any to announce my presence, I let out a whoop and started loudly clapping with a wide-ass grin on my face.

As expected, Mia's body went completely rigid with her back still to me. Then slowly, Mia started to turn around to face me.

The expression that took over her face, the moment she locked eyes with me, had to be the most hilarious thing I'd ever seen. Her eyes, already large as they were, grew ridiculously more so and her face went as pale as a sheet. Her expression was simply one of someone who wanted to evaporate from the world.

Finding the situation way too amusing not to tease, I continued to clap loudly at her while still sporting a smile. And as icing on the cake, I then proceeded to whistle at her for added effect.

Mia finally jolting into action, rushed quickly over to her speakers to turn them off before slowly turning back around to face me. I really did try to stop smiling at that moment, but I just couldn't help myself.

Mia swallowed hard while maintaining sharp eye contact with me. "How long have you been standing there?" she finally whispered.

"The entire song and god was it brilliant," I laughed honestly while continuing to look her up and down. I'd never forget her moves for the rest of my life; that was for sure.

Mia blinked, then blinked once more as though struggling to fully come to terms with her reality. Turning around with a sombre face, Mia walked to her wardrobe, climbed in then shut the door.

I couldn't help myself at this point and fully started to laugh, till the point tears pooled in my eyes. Eyeing up the wardrobe door in amusement, I started to feel mildly bad and so I walked quietly over to the wardrobe while trying to hold back my laughter.

"Oh, come on, Chubs, don't be dramatic. It wasn't that embarrassing," I chuckled from the other side of the door. Met with silence, I knocked gently on the door. "Can I come in?" I asked softly. I was trying to ask nicely, but it was extremely hard to keep my amusement free from my voice.

When she continued not to answer, I rolled my eyes and opened the door myself. Looking down at the floor of the wardrobe, my eyes sparkled in amusement as I found Mia staring up at me with accusatory eyes while tucked up in a ball on the floor. She looked extremely cute but unfortunately, it only made the situation funnier. Her frown deepened as she saw me, clearly not too fond to see me.

"Hey, cheer up," I laughed. "If it makes you feel any better, I thought it was incredibly sexy," I said with a wink.

And I genuinely meant it. She arguably had nothing to be embarrassed about – she could manipulate me all the ways she wanted to if she promised to do that dance for me again.

"Just shut up," she snapped. Locking eyes with me, she grabbed one of her shoes from where she sat before proceeding to chuck it angrily toward the direction of my head. It missed, but only narrowly which was pretty good considering it was Mia.

"You just had to wait for the entire fucking song to finish before saying anything, didn't you?" she snapped.

"Well, duh, if I said something you would have stopped and I would have missed out on the best two minutes of my life," I laughed honestly.

She'd have to be crazy to think I would do anything close to interrupting that dance. It was one of the hottest things I'd ever seen in my life.

"Wait a second...," she paused. "How the hell did you get into our house?" she asked slowly.

I paused slightly before letting out a light nervous laugh. "Oh right, about that...," I murmured. "I tried to ring the bell, but you couldn't hear because of the music. So...I kinda just picked your lock and let myself in," I shrugged,

Mia seemed even further pissed by this information. "And you just invited yourself into my room? What would you have done if I were dancing naked, huh?" she yelled.

I immediately paused upon that question as my memory ran wild. I swallowed hard as I imagined Mia doing the dance, but this time without any clothes on.

"Probably something that I shouldn't," I whispered, as all kinds of thoughts about what I wanted to do to her washed through my mind.

There was a weird tension after I spoke and I held eyes with Mia for several seconds; neither of us looking away. She stared for far longer than she normally did, and I patiently waited for her to tell me to shut up or roll her eyes, but she didn't. Instead, she kept her eyes on mine, intense and sharp. Finally, after some time, Mia awkwardly cleared her throat and looked away.

"Well, I think that's enough wallowing for today," she sighed as she climbed out of her wardrobe. Heading over to her bed, she flung herself down on the edge of it with a sigh. Then turning back to look at me, she looked me up and down in vague confusion. "No, offense, Ethan, but why are you here?" she asked bluntly.

Used to Mia's rudeness, I shrugged unbothered. "To start out fun little self-defense lessons," I answered with a smile.

Mia's brows knitted together. "What, already? I'm not that bad, Ethan. I managed to get you to crawl up and cry like a baby, didn't I?" she taunted.

My smile dropped and I shot her a dry unimpressed look, knowing she was clearly referring to yesterday when she kicked me in the balls. That shit hurt like a bitch, and I was probably infertile now thanks to her.

"I wasn't crying, Chub. Stop lying!" I snapped back while rolling my eyes.

"Are you sure?" Mia smiled. "Because your eyes looked a little watery to me?" she taunted. Mia knew full well I hadn't cried but was clearly trying to wind me up, and unfortunately, it was working.

Scowling, I crossed my arms. "Please, if I were trying, you would never have gotten that shot past me," I scoffed.

"Sounds like someone is not over their loss," Mia teased back in song while smiling arrogantly.

Looking her up and down, I smiled slightly. "Okay, fine. If you think you're so tough, attack me then."

Mia's eyes seemed to light up in visible intrigue at this challenge, and in a second, she was off the bed and smiling at me in excitement. I wasn't sure whether to be happy or scared that she was so pleased to get involved in hurting me. Chuckling lowly, Mia started to circle me slowly in what was clearly supposed to be a predatory fashion.

Then suddenly, when she clearly thought I wasn't expecting it, Mia tried to kick me in the stomach. I quickly caught her leg right before it made contact, and threw it back down. Then grabbing her arm, I twisted her around, so she fell back against my chest.

"Woah," she gasped breathily in shock.

With an arm slung loosely around her neck, I moved my head forward to nestle in the crook of her neck. "Nice try Chubs, but not quite," I whispered against her ear.

Though it was supposed to be a teaching moment, I couldn't help but enjoy the position of having her pulled to my chest. I could feel Mia breathing hard against me, clearly shocked at the sudden move. I also hoped by some extreme miracle that her heavy breathing was somewhat caused by our proximity.

Realizing I'd probably been holding her too long for someone just 'teaching', I slowly released her and turned her around to face me. I looked her up and down smugly. "I think I've just proved you could use my help, Chubs."

Mia gave me a dry but defeated look before rolling her eyes. "Okay, whatever, maybe you have a point."

"Excellent, let's start shall we," I said with a smile, happy that I'd finally gotten her on board. I cleared my throat before starting to pace with my arms behind my back. "When someone is attacking you, what are the best weapons you have?" I asked.

I heard Mia let out a sigh from beside me. "My fists?" she guessed.

I let out an immediate snort. "Nope, it's your legs to run the fuck away from them. There's no point trying to be a hero when all you care about is surviving," I explained in seriousness. "Also, your voice is an excellent tool, it will hopefully attract attention so people can help you."

I meant every word of what I was saying. The last thing I wanted was for her to think she should stay to fight every nutter that comes her way. Avoiding and running away from the situation was always the safest thing to do.

Mia arched an eyebrow at me and looked like she wanted to laugh at me. "You sound like one of those fifth-grade safety officers they randomly bring into school to lecture you about the danger of strangers," she commented in amusement.

Though she had a small point, and it was mildly funny, I controlled myself from almost cracking a smile, and gave her a stern look. "Mia, stop joking around. You need to take this seriously, this is important," I insisted.

Mia rocked her eyes back and forth between mine before letting them soften. "Okay. What next?" she asked, with slightly more enthusiasm.

I smiled in excitement, already knowing the perfect plan for what I wanted to teach next. "Okay, so if you're unable to run or call for help, then you only have one option left; to fight," I said as I took a large step closer to her.

Mia looked me up and down in confusion. "What are you..."

Mia squealed in surprise as I suddenly pushed her onto the bed. Her body bounced against the mattress upon the fall, and she looked up at me in shock. I tried not to smile too widely, knowing I derived perhaps a little too much pleasure from pushing her onto her bed like that. It was something I had always hoped I'd do one day, but for many different reasons...

"The actual fuck, Ethan?" A little warning would've been nice!"

Ignoring her, I leaned over her and grabbed a hold of her hands, and interlaced them with mine before pinning them over her head. Trying to control my racing heartbeat, I climbed confidently on top and straddled her. Well, as confidently as you could when an extremely hot girl, you'd be crushing on nearly your entire life was lying right underneath you.

As I stared down at her, I found all memory of what I was supposed to be doing slipping away from me. All my brain could seem to focus on was that I was straddling Mia. As I looked down at her, it also made me realize how little space there was between us. It wouldn't exactly be hard to start something up with her in this position...

Suddenly noticing the confused look in Mia's eyes, I realized the weird way, I was looking at her was probably scaring her.

Quickly pulling my mind back into focus, I cleared my throat. "This is one of the worst positions you could be in with your attacker. He's got gravity on his side, and you've got no free arms," I explained, tightening my grip on her wrists to emphasize my point. "What are you going to do, Mia? Show me," I insisted.

Mia then proceeded to make a pretty poor, and in all honesty pathetic attempt to try and free herself. She squirmed and flailed about underneath me to try and free herself, but it wasn't even close to working as an effective method and I watched in disappointment. Finally, after a few seconds, Mia let her body go slack and flopped back down against the mattress in defeat.

"It's impossible, you're twice as strong as me," she whined.

My eyes softened, realizing it must have been just as frustrating for her as it was for me. "You don't need to be stronger than me, you just need the right technique," I explained softly. "I'll show you, switch with me," I said.

Then letting go of her hands, I rolled off of her and laid on my back beside her. My heart was already beating embarrassingly faster in anticipation for her to climb on top of me. I desperately wanted to ignore my attraction to her for professionality's-sake, but it was just so fucking hard when I liked her the way I did.

Mia seemed hesitant and sat up but remained in place.

"Mount me then," I snapped impatiently. The moment the words left my mouth, I felt humiliated, realizing how desperate and bad they sounded leaving my lips. It seemed Mia agreed from the redness her cheeks were now undertaking.

I liked to think my eagerness was because I wanted to get on with the lesson, but I knew that was far from the real reason why I was impatient for her to get on top of me.

After my words, Mia swallowed nervously, and slowly climbed on top of me. She grabbed hold of my wrists and held them above my head, in the same manner, I had done to her. For every move she made, my heart further elevated. As Mia lowered herself some, she brushed dangerously close to an area that was perhaps a little too keen to meet her.

Quickly shuffling around to adjust my position, I tried to maintain focus. It's okay, Ethan. Yes, Mia Collins is straddling you right now and it is very fucking hot, but we're going to calm the fuck down anyway.

Taking a deep breath in and out, I cleared my throat and focused my eyes back on hers.

"So, what you need to do is buck your hips up and forward to knock him off balance. Also, you must turn your head, so their head doesn't crash into yours," I explained. Then demonstrating what I meant, Mia lost her balance from on top of me and bucked forward clumsily.

"Now all that's left to do is flip them over," I explained. Then exhibiting the next move, I swiftly flipped us around, so I ended back up on top of her with my arms pinning hers above her head.

Seeing her startled face, I smirked down at her. "Now, I'm the one back in control."

Mia smiled up at me." Okay, that doesn't seem too hard. I'll give it a go," she said with enthusiasm.

My smile slipped, and let out a heavy sigh as I prepared her for a reality check. "It's a lot harder than it looks Chubs, you'll have to practice-"

Suddenly, the wind got knocked out of me as Mia's hips suddenly darted upward causing me to stumble forward and off-balance. Before I had the chance to correct myself, or even realize what had fully happened, Mia's body suddenly rolled with mine until I was somehow lying underneath her.

Then in my final moments of confusion Mia grabbed a hold of my wrists before dominantly slamming them on either side of my head. Mia appeared above me, smiling in victory while I tried to control my breathing as I recovered from the shock.

"Now, I'm back in control," she laughed.

Once I realized what had happened, my confusion soon faded, and I find myself smiling. She'd actually done it, and pretty fucking well, on top of that.

"Not gonna lie, seeing you all dominant is kind of hot," I murmured with a soft chuckle while continuing to stare up at her. Though I played it off as a joke, I was far from being dishonest.

Suddenly locking eyes with her, I didn't look away quite so quickly as I should. Then one second turned to two, then three, and I was still staring at her. And that's when everything suddenly felt different – intense even. I wasn't smiling anymore, and she wasn't smiling.

I was suddenly so perceptive of every place I could feel her body pressed against mine, and never in my life, did I resent the empty space between us as much as I did right now. It made me feel sick how much I wanted her.

Her eyes watched mine carefully; brown and beautiful. They had this look in them as though she was persuading me to do something I shouldn't. Daring me to do it.

Swallowing hard, I did the dreaded and let my eyes fall down to her lips to stare. I let out a stressed breath as I fought myself back from doing something I so desperately wanted to do. I wonder what she'd do if I kissed her.

Despite all the voices screaming at me not to, I reached out and brushed a loose strand of hair that had fallen out from behind her ears. I saw her throat sink in as she swallowed, a clear reaction to what I did. My heart raced faster as I notice her remain straddled above me, unmoving. Surely, she would move, if she didn't want this, right?

Do not do it, Ethan. Don't you dare fucking do it. She'll slap the shit out of you. She'll never talk to you again. Do not fucking do it. Rember the ten-year plan, Ethan. You don't kiss her in year fucking one. Focus.

Unable to help myself, with her still straddled on top of me, I let my eyes fall back to her lips where I once again swallowed. And then at that moment, I knew it was all over for me.

"Fuck it," I whispered.

Then cupping a hand around her cheek, I pulled her lips down onto mine. 

------------------

Author's note: 

Hope you enjoyed :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 4.2K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...
1.1M 26.9K 48
A Dark and ruthless love story. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - He looks deeply in my eyes and brushes h...
230K 11.4K 74
He kept on staring at me but I ignored him, at least I tried to. He was sitting right beside me and although I was looking at the board I still could...
9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...