Hear my lullaby

Por kukkuuryyd

Sequel from 'All I ever wanted', 'Hold me tight' and 'Only for you darling'. I highly recommend of reading th... Más

2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.

1.

607 25 29
Por kukkuuryyd

   1. Two buttons open

Freya

It's rainy day in London, Gilbert was standing next to me, holding an umbrella. I wrapped my hands around his arm, and I leaned my head against his shoulder. It's been a month since his father died. He had brain cancer and when they found it three months ago, there was nothing they could do. It all happened so fast. The funerals were so sad, everyone cried for the whole time and it was heartbreaking.
Funerals are always hard, saying the last goodbye and starting the process of living without the person.. it's very hard.

Six months ago I moved here, I left my old life and started a new one. Honestely I've never been happier. My mom was very suprised at first, but she got used to it and she was quite excited that I moved in to Gilbert's apartment. She liked him when we were younger and studying. Eevi was very shocked and she got so worried of how I will manage in the big world. We've been calling to each other every week, and facetime is also a cool invention. Oscar has grown very much, his smile is so adorable and eyes are like his mothers. He's almost seven months old. Eevi is happy for me, and she didn't judge me when I broke up with Joel and left to another country.. with another man. Gilbert was my best friend, and we were friends with benefits for two months when we got here. It was working at first, but then we couldn't do it anymore. We wanted something more. We kinda started dating after that, and we kept it as a secret. But when we were ready to announce that we're together, his father's cancer got found. We both were upset, and Gilbert wanted to keep it as a secret. I was totally okay with it.

And when we knew that his father was going to die, and he was laying on a bed at the hospital, he whispered to Gilbert that we would look good couple. Then Gilbert told him that we're actually dating, and his father got so happy. For the last time.
Two days after that he died, and I can't even describe it all.
Gilbert was more depressed than I've ever seen, he didn't eat or sleep properly, he couldn't go to work. It made me so sad and I cried many nights with him when he missed his father.

About Joel. Eevi told me one week after when I left that he was missing me a lot. That he was mad all the time, and no one had the permission of talking about me when he was around. He got so pissed.
One month ago I asked about him from Eevi, and she said that he's having many women around him. Or course, he's single and he's a rockstar, every woman is almost crawling behind him and beginning him to date them.
I still care about Joel and I only wish good for him. But after all.. why would I even explain.

Gilbert took a deep breath and it interrupted my thoughts, I looked up at him. His sad eyes were glued to his father's grave. I don't know how to make him feel better.
I stroked his arm gently, then slowly he turned his eyes on me. He lifted corners of his mouth a bit up.
"You don't need to go to Finland with me, if you want to stay." I quietly told him. He tilted his head and then shook his head. He didn't broke the eye contact even for a second.
"I want to come. A little vacation away from here would be good..." His tone was wondering, but still he sounded sure. I nodded.
The day after tomorrow we would go to Finland, to see my mom, Oliver and of course Eevi, Olli and Oscar. And surely the other guys too. It's been six months, and I do miss them a lot. Also my mom is pretty excited to see Gilbert after many years.
But tomorrow we would go to a cafe with Gilbert's mother, just to see how she's doing.

We walked out of the cemetary, and we took slow steps towards his apartment. My eyes wandered around, I adored this city, London.

"I was wondering that.. what if your friends hate me..?" Gilbert sounded unsure as we were taking our jacket's off in the hallway. I frowned a bit to him, then I took my shoes off.
"They don't, believe me. Why would you even think about that?" I asked worried when we made our way to the kitchen. He poured some water to the kettle, and then put it on. He was silent, he only shrugged his shoulders. I sat down, and rested my hands against the kitchen table.

"Dear.. maybe they think that I took you away from them." He said as he placed two mugs on the table. He looked at me under his eyebrows as he waited for the hot water to be ready. I opened my mouth to say something, but then Joel came up to my mind.
I looked at my hands, and I started playing with my fingers. I took one ring off from my middle finger and I looked at it. I played with it then.
"Them.. I think you mean him. Joel." My tone was calm, but a bit frustrated. My eyes turned to him, and he only gave me one nod. The water was ready, so he poured it to both of us. Then he placed a box to the table where all of our teabags were. I took the cinnamon one.
I sighed.

"Joel can be mad pretty long time. But if Eevi's words are to be trusted, he has moved on. And Eevi never lies." I told Gilbert. He fixed his hair and sighed too. Then he nodded again. His eyes never left me, I feel how he stares at me. But it never bothers me.
"How she knows that he has moved on?" He questioned. Gilbert is always questioning things, that's how he learns about everything. He's wise, and he knows a lot about world and almost about everything. But when he doesn't know something, he wants to learn. That's one thing I love about him. He never judges, he wants to know the facts first. I love listening to his calm voice when he explains about London's history and all the old buildings when we walk around the city.
And he's very interested about people. He has asked many questions about my friends. And he's excited to meet them, gladly he knows Oliver already. They come along well. But he's scared to meet Joel. And I understand it. I'm kind of scared too.

"Eevi said that Joel has seen a few women in the past months. And if I'm honest.. apparently he told to Eevi that he doesn't give a fuck about me, or you."
Then Gilbert just raised his eyebrows, and took a small sip of his tea.
But he frowned then, he was thinking of something. I know that face, when his eyes wander around, he presses his lips together and how he taps the mug with his fingers. I was waiting for what he was going to ask. Or say. In the mean time I took a long sip of my tea.
"It sounds like that you two need to talk things clear when we go there." He drank his tea again. I let out a silent sigh, and inside of my head I said shit. I know that we need to talk, but it's going to be hard.
I know that he probably judges me and says things that he doesn't think before.. but I don't blame him. I will say what I have to say and vice versa.

"Yeah..." I mumbled underneath my breath. Gilbert stood up and started putting dishes to the washing machine, I was just drinking the tea and watched outside from the window. It was still raining, and also a bit of thundering. We live in the eight floor, so the view is very pretty and cool. Gilbert was explaining something when my phone buzzed on my trousers pockets.
I took it out, and I freezed when I read it.

Unknown: A bitch like you should die.

Gilbert kept talking, but I wasn't listening at all anymore. My eyes were glued to that text message, and I have no idea who it is. I lifted my head up and looked at him, and I was about to tell him. But I saw how he was in a bit better mood after our talk, so I decided to not to worry him again. Maybe this crazy writer is just a.. I don't know, a Blind Channel fan who somehow found my number? I just rolled my eyes and blocked the number, then I placed the phone to the table.

I was listening to Gilbert again and now he was telling some fun story from two years ago when he was playing truth or dare with his friends and he decided dare. Then he had to call to some random number and pretend to cry and tell how sorry he is about a mistake he made. We both were chuckling, we were quite tired and usually we just chuckle and laugh to the stupidest things. And it's the best.

I stood up and walked to him, he was ready with the dishes and he wiped his hands to some small towel. His handsome smile made me smile too as I wrapped my hands around his body. Gently he placed his hands to my waist, and we had an deep eye contact.
"Every day I wonder about.. that how I'm so lucky to have you in my life again." He silently spoke to me. His tone made chills to my body.
"Without you I would never had the courage to go and live my life." I smiled to him. Then he gave me sweet kiss against my lips, and after that we hugged each other for a moment.
I looked to my right, and I saw a tall and black silhouette in our living room's corner. I flinched and buried my head against Gilbert's chest. I closed my eyes tightly and just focused to breathing. Gilbert's scent and heartbeat made me calm down. We then pulled away from each other and smiled, then I had the courage to look back to the corner. It was gone. I've been seeing some same flashes for the past days. It's the same figure every time. And I usually have a feeling that I'm not alone. But I think that it's just my stressed mind making these things.

"I go to shower, will you join me?" Gilbert's small smirk made me blush and stare at his lips. I nodded as he took my hand and lead us to the bathroom, I giggled as he dragged me behind him.

Hello! New story, a sequel one ;) I changed the plot a bit just few days ago when I was having a huge trouble of how this story will go on. And I had an great idea, since I wanted this story to be a bit spooky or something like that. At least I'm trying, so.. this story is not only going to focus on Freya, Joel and Gilbert, but also to others and.. well, you'll see.
I don't know how often I will publish a new chapter, I want to write peacefully and really think my every move and idea. But I'll try to publish at least one a week. I also have a lot to do and think right now, so I don't have hours of time to write like before. I'm a bit scared that this story will not be as good as I want it to be.. and do I have enough inspiration. But I'm trying, and writing is also a good escape for me, and I really love this.
Sending hugs, stay safe and strong and I hope you liked the first chapter of this story🖤

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

17.6K 788 72
A story about a lawyer who can ruin a band called Blind Channel but who is on what side? "You are destroying us". "I know but I can't defend you."
20.3K 1.3K 44
You never know what life can throw at you. It can be love. It can be hate. It can be heaven and it can be hell. With you... It was all of that... It...
3K 157 15
It started with shameless flirting after a concert. She was a few drinks deep, he was a few drinks deep. She was escaping her ex, he wanted a company...
967 51 39
"You don't understand, Niko. I have sworn myself. I have sworn myself to hate him." Only one moment, one decision, one mistake, can change the world...