The Forgotten Twin

By MARAUDERS-MAP

Delilah Potter was sick of the shadows. Ever since her first year at Hogwarts, she had been stuck behind her... More

Chapter 1 - Year 1 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 1 - Year 2 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 1 - Year 3 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 1 - Year 4 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 1 - Year 5 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Extra Scene
Chapter 1 - Year 6 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 26

11 1 0
By MARAUDERS-MAP

Sadly, over the third task drew nearer, Hermione and Delilah had no luck catching Rita. Delilah, however, met up with Fred and George as often as possible to plan a special treat to spice up the third task.

"I still think letting Dobby and the house elves in would cause a stir," George insisted.

Fred shook his head.

"Afterwards they would make food and everyone would be glad they were there."

Delilah stared at the distance, ignoring most of their ridiculous suggestions. .

What should they do? Glitter and confetti attack? Have the house elves come and cater but with Fred and George's creations such as Canary Creams? Have a fake dragon attack the crowd? Put glue on the chairs so that everyone's pants got stuck?

"Hey I have an idea," Delilah stated, interrupting Fred and George's argument. They turned. "What if we did something a bit more... simple? We could place smoke bombs, fireworks, that type of thing, and then set them off all at once. No one would be hurt, but it still would cause some surprise and chaos."

Fred and George agreed for the first time in weeks and they quickly planned it all out.

"Great, now that that's settled, we need to decide what to do about Bagman," Fred declared, narrowing his eyes at the wall.

"You still haven't gotten the money?"

George bitterly shook his head.

"He finds an excuse every time we corner him, we're planning to write a letter today."

"So we need to play dirty, like him."

"Yes, but we can't put it in a letter, that's blackmail!"

This obviously was an old argument.

"Delilah, what do you suggest?"

"Well, why don't you do it in a way that he knows it's blackmail, but it technically isn't."

Fred and George paused.

"That... might actually work," Fred stated.

They both started talking while writing the letter out, occasionally asking Delilah for advice. They finished a few minutes later, and together they headed up to the Owlery, Delilah right beside them.

As they started up the Owlery steps, George brought his concerns up.

"I swear, this seems like blackmail."

"If you phrased it right, then no one other than you and Bagman will call it blackmail. For example, if you say what you want and remind him about the conversation you overheard with the goblins, without going into details, just saying that you heard him talk to them, it technically is just stating a fact."

Fred stared at her.

"You know, sometimes I forget that you belong in Slytherin."

From anyone else, she would have been offended. But Fred's tone was more admiring and fact-like than anything, so she just laughed with him.

"That's still blackmail, that is, we could get into a lot of trouble for that," George pointed out, reminding them of the conversation.

"We've tried being polite; it's time to play dirty, like him. He wouldn't like the Ministry of Magic knowing what he did," Fred stated.

"I'm telling you, if you put that in writing, it's blackmail!"

"Yeah, and you won't be complaining if we get a nice fat payoff, will you?"

"And as I've said, if you phrased it right, it's not," Delilah added.

They opened the Owlery door with a bang and went over the threshold before freezing at the sight of Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"What're you doing here?" Ron and Fred said at the same time.

"Sending a letter," said Harry and George in unison.

"What, at this time?" said Hermione and Fred.

Fred grinned. Delilah would have as well, if she wasn't aware of Harry noticing her and sending her that glare she was now all too familiar with.

"Fine — we won't ask you what you're doing, if you don't ask us," Fred said, shifting the letter so that they wouldn't see the name.

"Well, don't let us hold you up," Fred said, making a mock bow and pointing at the door.

Ron didn't move.

"Who're you blackmailing?" he said.

Fred's grin vanished. Delilah glanced at Fred. George smiled at Ron.

"Don't be stupid, I was only joking," he said easily.

"Didn't sound like that," argued Ron.

Fred, George, and Delilah looked at each other. Then Fred said abruptly, "I've told you before, Ron, keep your nose out if you like it the shape it is. Can't see why you would, but —"

"It's my business if you're blackmailing someone," said Ron. "George's right, you could end up in serious trouble for that."

"Told you, I was joking," said George.

Delilah took the letter from Fred and began attaching it to the leg of the nearest barn owl while George continued.

"You're starting to sound a bit like our dear older brother, you are, Ron. Carry on like this and you'll be made a prefect."

"No, I won't!" protested Ron hotly.

Delilah carried the barn owl over to the window and it took off. George grinned at Ron.

"Well, stop telling people what to do then. See you later."

He, Fred, and Delilah left the Owlery.

"He really needs to learn to keep his nose out of our business," Fred complained as they reached the bottom.

"I think all younger brothers do," Delilah muttered.

Fred and George nodded.

Despite Delilah's growing frustration at her ignorant, oblivious younger brother, the Hogwarts grounds were quickly growing to look spectacular.

Sadly, she didn't have time to go outside. Classes were getting more intense, and workloads were increasing as the exams drew nearer and nearer.

"Ugh!" Draco complained, dramatically leaning against Delilah.

"What?" she asked, trying not to laugh.

"McGonagall gave us more homework! Can you believe her? And I bet Vector will give me loads in Arithmancy!"

"At least we have Alchemy, and Snape doesn't like giving homework in that class. Probably so he doesn't have to grade as much, but still.

Just as Delilah was about to leave, an owl flew in front of her. That was odd, it was lunch time, and they usually came at breakfast. But she knew this owl, it was Pad, Remus's owl.

She untied the letter and stroked and fed Pad, who flew away just after he finished the last bit of bread.

Delilah quickly read the letter.

Delilah, Harry doesn't hate you. James did the same thing to Lily whenever she went on a date, he just didn't like that he didn't get to see her as often. I think Harry is feeling the same way.

On another note, I'm glad you're still talking to Hermione. She really is a bright witch, like yourself, and can help you convince Harry to let you help, and he does need help. You are right about some of his fatal flaws, but he doesn't realize how they are flaws. Help him overcome them.

I did see the article, and the ministry did investigate, but there hasn't been an article about it because she paid them off. I have a friend at the Ministry that gave me some of the pictures they took, they are enclosed in the envelope. You, Fred, and George did a great job. James would have been proud, though you do get it from Lily. She could cause a lot of trouble when she wanted to.

I do get your M&M joke. Your mother brought some Muggle candy onto the train in our 5th year and let me try some. She also convinced James and Sirius that they had to shake soda for the flavors to mix. It made quite the mess. She is more of a trouble maker than most people realized, she just never got caught.

I am glad you've been having a good time. I would have told Sirius hello for you, but he is staying in Hogsmeade (in disguise, and hiding in a cave) so that he can help Harry. I'm surprised no one has told you.

My life, as you know, has been rough, but I've been doing well. Thank you for all you've done to help.

Remus

Delilah smiled. She was glad Remus had been doing well. She'd respond later, when she wasn't running late for Alchemy.

"Come on, let's hurry or we'll be late," Draco encouraged.

They hurried down to Alchemy, which was surprisingly boring. They just finished the last project, turning chocolate frogs into gold, which went by rather quickly. Then they had an easy review that took up the rest of the period.

To everyone's delight, Snape's only homework was to finish the review paper, which almost everyone had done, and to study for the exam. It was great.

Study of Ancient Runes wasn't as great. Professor Babbling gave them a full essay to complete on top of studying for the exam. Luckily she gave the class time to start the essay, and Delilah finished most of it; she only needed to add the conclusion, which would only take a minute or two and review it.

Finally, classes for the day were over and it was dinner time. Delilah spent most of dinner debating with Draco.

"So... why do you want to try this?" he inquired.

"Well, Hogwarts, A History, says that no Muggle devices work on Hogwarts grounds because the magic in the air makes it all go haywire, but I know pens work at Hogwarts, so I want to see what other Muggle devices work. I know the high tech stuff doesn't, but I want to see if other things, like fireworks, work."

Draco sighed.

"But fireworks aren't just used by Muggles, wizards use them too."

"So where is that line drawn? Why don't wizards use pens then? Or notebooks? They seem like basic things to have, yet we don't."

"Because apparently we're idiots, but doesn't it just say Muggle technology? And aren't pens technically not tech?"

Delilah nodded.

"Usually when people talk about tech they think of recent tech such as computers, phones, and electricity, but Muggles have lots of other tech too, like pens. So I want to see if other Muggle tech works or not, and where the line is drawn."

Draco chuckled.

"Ok, so why do you want to head to the RoR after dinner?"

"To see if it can drop Muggle things in there, then we can test them out."

He nodded, a mixture of confusion and amusement showing on his face.

Delilah quickly finished dinner before dragging Draco to the RoR.

The inside would have made Arthur Weasley faint from happiness. Even Draco was in awe.

There was everything from televisions to Muggle artwork. There even was a fridge and freezer with a rubber duck on top. What was the function of a rubber duck though? Eh, it didn't matter.

The strangest thing though, was that all of them were working, and Delilah knew that anywhere else a tele wouldn't work, or even the cell phone that was buzzing. She walked over and was surprised to see that someone was calling it. Out of habit she answered.

"Hello, your auto warranty insurance is about to expire, please recall this number and tell us your credit card number and we will renew it for you."

Delilah wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. She didn't miss the Dursleys, and she loved Hogwarts, but the wizarding world was full of powerful idiots, and so was the Muggle, but most of the Muggles knew the flaws and in the wizarding world... well... they were all practically in denial. None of them even knew that Muggles have gone to the moon, multiple times! It was ridiculous....

But that wasn't why she was there, she was there to see which tech worked outside the Room of Requirement, because apparently it worked in the Room of Requirement.

Delilah grabbed a phone and left the room. Immediately it stopped working and going haywire. She walked back into the room and grabbed some more.

After more testing Delilah figured it out. The higher tech that used electricity and batteries didn't work, but the things that didn't use them worked. So the higher tech didn't work, but everything else did.

Draco spent most of the time being cultured in Muggle Studies. He found out how to use a computer (which was amusing to say the least) and may have gotten addicted to a weird, nerdy game where the main character was an elf lord. Delilah didn't know the game, but it was very fun to watch.

Finally they left.

"Race you to the dorms?" Draco said.

Delilah grinned.

"Of course."

Draco started running and Delilah laughed. He really was adorably dorky.

Delilah transformed into the small, red fox, and quickly outran him.

"No fair!" he complained.

Delilah smirked.

She transformed just before the common room door.

"Basilisk."

The wall didn't budge, and she cursed. The password had changed and she couldn't remember it.

"Open!" she hissed.

And it did. She loved that she had the override to the common room.

Delilah sat on the couch, and waited for Draco. A few minutes after lights out, he got back, out of breath.

"Don't—you—dare—do—that—again," he huffed.

"What happened?"

"Filch, that's what. There I was, hurrying to get back just after lights went out and there he was. He almost got me but he's getting pretty slow, hid in an abandoned closet and he didn't notice."

She winced.

"Ouch, sorry. Didn't realize he'd be in the area or I'd have helped."

"I know," he pouted, sitting down next to her and putting his head in her lap.

She smiled and stroked his hair, it was surprisingly soft. His shoulders relaxed.

Delilah quickly finished the essay's conclusion one handed. She glanced down and was surprised to see that he... had fallen asleep. She grinned and searched her bag, but didn't have a pen on her. It probably was for the best.

She finished the last of her homework and studied a bit before she got tired. She gently nudged him.

"It's time for bed," she quietly told him as he groggily woke up.

"Fivemoremin," he slurred.

"Nope, you need to move to your bed."

"Fiiiine," he complained.

Delilah helped (forced) him up and helped him into his room, where he promptly crashed onto his bed.

"Goodnight," he murmured just as the door closed.

She smiled and went to her room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.2K 2.2K 25
"Don't call me that - you - Death Eater!" Delilah screamed. Everyone gasped again. More people had gathered around. Shockingly no teachers. "Del...
6.9K 245 16
**BOOK THREE** Notice: if you've not read book one or two, I suggest you do that, otherwise, you'll be lost. -- During the summer, Tabitha Bane had...
551K 14.2K 36
Hermione is the "Brightest Witch of her Age": she follows the rules and she only breaks curfew to fulfil her prefect duties. That is until one night...
7.5K 148 23
Delilah Ana Malfoy the oldest sister of Draco Malfoy. She is not like her family. She hates Voldemort, she hates her father. She wants to protect her...