The Forgotten Twin

By MARAUDERS-MAP

Delilah Potter was sick of the shadows. Ever since her first year at Hogwarts, she had been stuck behind her... More

Chapter 1 - Year 1 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 1 - Year 2 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 1 - Year 3 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 1 - Year 4 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 1 - Year 5 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Extra Scene
Chapter 1 - Year 6 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 20

15 1 0
By MARAUDERS-MAP

Despite the very heavy load of homework that the fourth years had been given for the holidays, Delilah had already finished it all and spent the week enjoying herself as much as possible along with everyone else.

The Slytherin common room was hardly less crowded than during term time, and seemed to have shrunk slightly too, as its inhabitants were more rowdy than usual, with people turning into canaries everywhere.

Fred, George, and Delilah had had great success with the canary creams, and for the first few days of break, people were bursting into feathers all over the place. Before long, however, people learned to not accept anything from other people, lest it have a canary cream inside, especially in the Slytherin Common room, where a bunch of the creams had somehow appeared one afternoon. Delilah may have been the one to put them there, along with a Muggle camera that sadly didn't work on the school grounds.

Delilah and the twins had started hatching other things as well. Delilah had tested a sneezing sucker on Blaise. It had worked, and after a few hours he was forced to go to Madam Pomfrey.

The weather, like Blaise's 'allergies', had turned up in a blink of an eye, and was just as violent. But, unlike the 'allergies', it didn't go away with a wave of the wand. Some snow started falling quickly onto the castle and its grounds, making the pale blue Beauxbatons carriage looked like a large, chilly, frosted pumpkin next to the iced gingerbread house that was Hagrid's cabin, while the Durmstrangs ship's portholes were glazed with ice, the rigging with white frost. Hopefully both were warmer than they looked.

The food, unlike the weather, was brimming with warmth and creativity, the house-elves down in the kitchen were outdoing themselves, with a series of rich, warming stews and savory puddings that only Fleur Delacour seemed to be able to find anything to complain about.

"It is too 'eavy all zis 'Ogwarts food" they heard her saying grumpily as they left the Great Hall behind her one evening. "I will not be able to fit into my dress robes!"

"Oooh there's a tragedy," Daphne snapped as Fleur went out into the entrance hall. "She really thinks a lot of herself, that one, doesn't she?"

Delilah nodded.

"Which Durmstrang is Andrei?" she inquired.

Daphne nodded to one of them, and Delilah had to admit that he was pretty good looking. He even looked like a nice person, the way he was laughing and joking with his friends.

"Hey Andrei!" Daphne cheerfully said as they passed.

Andrei grinned.

"Hey Daphne!" He seemed equally happy and excited. He may be able to keep up with Daphne's bursting energy. "Who are you?" He politefully added to Delilah.

"I'm Delilah, and you must be Andrei, this one's told me all about you, your charming smile, your biceps, your fun personality-"

Andrei grinned awkwardly, embarrassed. Daphne, who's cheeks had turned hot pink, kicked Delilah in the shins, glaring.

"Shut up, or I'll tell Draco all the things you say about him."

"What has Delilah said about me?" Draco said from behind them. Delilah inwardly cursed.

"Nothing-"

Daphne cut her off.

"Oh she loves your slightly awkward demeanor and how you seem so tough but are really just a giant teddy bear-" Delilah stepped on Daphne's foot. Hard. Luckily she stopped talking, or Draco's ego would have grown to fill the Great Hall.

Draco grinned as Delilah's cheeks turned almost as red as her hair, her eyes narrowed slits at a smirking Daphne. Andrei stayed out of it, focusing on eating the foreign dish in front of him.

"I am pretty amazing, aren't I?" Draco stated, seeming to become more confident.

"Humble too," Delilah muttered, glaring daggers at Daphne, wishing she could transform into her fox form and run, but that would just cause more issues.

"Do you want to go sit down or stand here and keep glaring at Daphne?"

Delilah rolled her eyes but followed him to a seat not too far away. Daphne stayed with Andrei, she seemed to have some self-preservation skills after all, or more likely she just wanted to flirt more with him.

"You know," Draco whispered, "you're pretty amazing too."

Delilah's face heated up even more as she studied her empty plate as he stared fixedly at her.

"Thanks," she murmured.

They finished eating in silence.

"I'm going to go write a letter, do you want to come?" Delilah inquired.

Draco shook his head.

"I promised the boys that I'd hang with them today and tomorrow, they're probably already mad I didn't eat with them. See you later?" He phrased the last bit more as a question than a statement.

Delilah nodded.

"See you later."

She walked down to the common room, which was thankfully empty. As she passed one of the side tables, she noticed a box full of 'Harry Stinks' badges. Smirking, she pulled out her wand, enchanted them to say, 'Blaise Stinks', she left the 'Cedric Rules' side alone, switching all of them to that side. The Slytherins wouldn't even notice the change.

Delilah went to her room, and pulled out the ink and parchment.

What should I say? She hissed.

I don't know, Midnight indignantly replied. He's your Godfather.

Indeed, Remus was. In one of his earlier letters he had told her, but when Delilah asked if she and Harry could live with him, he flatly refused, saying he couldn't provide for them.

Dear Remus,

Harry did amazing in the first task, though I have no idea how he thought of summoning his broom. He really could have just summoned the egg, sure it was probably enchanted so the spell wouldn't work, but it would have been worth a try. Honestly, people overthink all the time, myself included. But he's alive, and that's what matters.

The Yule Ball is coming up, it's on Christmas Night, and I have already agreed to go with someone, Draco Malfoy. I know Harry hates him, he wasn't nice at first, but he's grown out of it. Now he's very nice and kinda sweet... obnoxious too, but no teenager isn't.

And that's basically all that's new. I'm sending some Wolfbane with this, the Room of Requirement somehow had most of the ingredients, and the rest were easily 'borrowed' from Snape. Don't worry, I didn't steal them, I duplicated some, and after making sure they worked used them. If you need more after this let me know and I can send you a bigger amount, just send that ginormous water bottle back and I'll fill it.

Hope this helps, Love Delilah

P.S. Who's the older twin? I meant to ask earlier but it slipped my mind.

Delilah nodded, content with the letter. She sealed it, added the bottle, and headed up to the owlery. Of course, Fred and George were there, muttering. They stopped when she entered.

"It's just me, still trying to reach Bagman?"

They nodded.

"He's avoiding us, but he can't forever!" Fred declared.

"We're going to try and catch him at Hogsmeade tomorrow, he's bound to be there," George continued.

Delilah nodded, picking up one of the school barn owls and tying the letter.

"What are you sending?" George asked, staring at the bulky letter.

She shrugged, sending the owl off.

"Doesn't matter."

Fred turned.

"Oh yes it does, we told you about Bagman, so tell us."

Delilah admitted defeat.

"My Godfather."

"Who's your-"

"Godfather?"

Delilah rolled her eyes.

"Since when did Gryffindors start getting so nosy? First Harry and now you two...," she muttered.

"Why's Harry nosy?" George inquired, taking the bait.

"He keeps getting his nose in my love life, he even seemed ticked about our date, and he likes you," Delilah told Fred.

"Wait, so are you going to the Yule Ball with someone he doesn't like?" Fred asked.

Delilah blushed, suddenly wishing she hadn't brought up her love life.

"You are!" George exclaimed.

"Who?" Fred inquired.

"We won't tell."

"We solemnly swear it."

Delilah debated. They kept promising in the most ridiculous ways possible.

"Or we'll turn our toes into toads!"

"Or our noses into losses!"

"Well, our noses are already kind of losses..."

"Yeah, but you get the point."

Delilah sighed, giving in.

"Fine, just shut up. And don't tell anyone, especially Harry."

They both nodded eagerly.

"Ugh, I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm going with Draco," she blurted.

Naturally, they threw her out the owlery window. Well, figuratively. But it probably would have been less nerve racking. At least she'd know their responses.

They stared disdainfully at her as if she had agreed to go with Peeves, actually, they probably would have preferred Peeves, at least they got along with him.

"You... what?" Fred stated.

"Yep, and I'm not changing my mind so we'll see how it goes."

George shrugged, still looking disdainful.

"As long as he makes you happy. If not, we will gladly break his back if you'd like."

"So... you're not upset?"

"No, we are," Fred corrected.

"But we know it's your choice," George continued.

"So we're going to see how it goes."

"And see if we'll need to become murders by the end of the night."

Delilah smiled, relieved.

"Ok, just please don't tell Harry, he'd blow up, and I don't want to deal with that drama yet."

"We said we wouldn't,"

"So we won't."

"Great, thanks."

They both solemnly nodded.

"Who are you two going with?"

"Angelina," Fred promptly replied.

Delilah turned to George.

"Alicia."

"Cool, I'll let you guys continue. If you need help, let me know."

They both nodded, turning back to the paper as Delilah left.

The next day Delilah got up early for the Hogsmeade trip.

You shouldn't come to Hogsmeade with me, Delilah repeated as she ate breakfast.

Midnight had wanted to go to Hogsmeade with her, as she always did, but this time Delilah thought it wouldn't work out well.

I want to go, Midnight insisted, hissing indignantly.

Delilah played her final card.

We are going dress shopping. In the cold.

Midnight paused mid slither.

You know what, maybe I shouldn't go. I'll just stay in your gigantic, warm bed.

Delilah chuckled, glad Midnight agreed. Snakes and dresses just didn't mix.

Despite the fact that everyone was buzzing with excitement, she was able to quickly Lyra and Daphne, who were talking.

"Hello," Delilah said through a yawn, sounding more like "Heyo."

"Hi!" Lyra and Daphne replied in unison.

"What's the plan?" Lyra questioned. "I asked Daphne but she only mentioned dresses."

"Well, first I think we're going to go to that store Daphne wanted to try, then if we can't find anything there check out some other stores. Then we could go to Honeydukes or the Three Broomsticks depending on the time."

Daphne and Lyra both nodded their consent, but just before they started to head off, a familiar head of bushy brown hair came up.

"Um... can I join you?" Hermione awkwardly inquired.

Delilah glanced at Daphne and Lyra, who both nodded, before agreeing.

"Sure, but we are mainly just getting our Yule Ball dresses."

Hermione nodded, looking relieved as they started heading to Hogsmeade.

"Who are you guys going with?" Daphne asked. "I already know who Delilah's going with," — she wriggled her eyebrows in Delilah's direction — "but what about you two?"

Lyra blushed.

"Alex Black."

"Oh that Hufflepuff? Yeah he's pretty hot, seems nice too," Daphne commented. Delilah nodded, she hadn't seen him since she tutored him in their first year. Wow, that felt so long ago.

"What about you, Hermione?" Delilah inquired, forcing herself back into the conversation.

Hermione studied her shoes, her neck reddening.

"Oh, you won't tell anyone? I want it to be a surprise."

They all nodded.

She hesitated before blurting, "Victor Krum."

Daphne squealed.

"Oh. My. Dumbledore. That is so amazing!" Daphne put her arms around Hermione, squeezing her, she smiled, but something about her teeth seemed off.

"Don't squeeze her to death!" Lyra laughed.

Daphne let go, laughing.

Hermione awkwardly blushed. Delilah realized it.

"Wait, your teeth, you got them shrunk, more than before that stupid jinx," she commented.

Hermione's blush deepened as she nodded.

"Oh!" Daphne exclaimed, grinning as she bounced up and down. "Here's the shop I wanted to try! We're here!"

In front of them was a small, quaint building. They all walked in. The inside had been enchanted so the space was much bigger than it had looked from the outside. It was full of racks and racks of different dresses. Daphne squealed and hurried into the racks with Lyra. Hermione looked like she regretted joining them.

"How do you stand her? She's nicer than I thought, but she's so energetic.... How is she so energetic?" Hermione asked.

Delilah chuckled.

"She just is, but she's extra energetic today because she gets to help dress up three fairly unfashionable people."

Hermione nodded, still looking bewildered.

And so they started to look at the dresses. It wasn't bad, but Delilah was glad that it didn't happen every year.

After a few minutes Daphne squealed, Delilah hurried over to make sure no one had died. She needn't have worried.

"Oh Lyra! This dress would look so good on you! You should go try it on! It compliments your structure perfectly!"

The dress in question had some off-shoulder sleeves and went just below Lyra's knees, but it was the colors that made it perfect for her. It was off-white but as it went down it faded into a gorgeous maroon. With an embarrassed smile, Lyra grabbed the dress and hurried to put it on. It did look amazing on her. A proud Daphne turned back to the racks, still in search of good dresses.

"Ooo! And this one would look great on me!" Daphne held up a short, thin strapped, frilly, pink v-neck dress.

"You could go dressed in a garbage bag and you'd still look amazing," Delilah calmly stated.

"Thank you," Daphne murmured as her cheeks turned a delicate pink as she went to try the dress on.

A minute later Daphne came out. She did, in fact, look amazing. After doing a few twirls (mesmerizing a few guys looking in through the window), she went and changed back.

They all went back to dress hunting.

"Delilah, how's this one? It compliments your eyes," Lyra said from across the store.

Delilah walked over. The dress Lyra was holding was silver. The sleeves were off shoulder, but with thin straps. It was beautiful.

Daphne, of course, squealed and practically pushed Delilah into the changing room. It was cold. Delilah quickly changed into the dress, and stepped out.

Daphne squealed again. Delilah was going to be deaf by the time this was over. Luckily Lyra and Hermione just grinned.

"It compliments your eyes so well! Plus with your necklaces," Daphne shot Delilah a knowing look, "it looks amazing!"

Delilah blushed and headed out. The others were still looking for a dress for Hermione. She joined the fray.

"What about this one?" Delilah inquired, holding up a floaty, periwinkle-blue dress.

Hermione's eyes widened. She walked over, carefully grabbed it, and headed towards the changing room. A few minutes later, she came out. The dress did in fact look good on her, but that wasn't what made it look stunning on her. It made her look more confident.

Daphne stared before squealing.

"Oh. My. Dumbledore. You look so amazing! That dress makes you look even more happy and confident! If you want I could even do your hair!"

Hermione blushed.

"Thanks, but I already agreed to let someone else have a go at it."

Daphne's face fell.

"Oh, ok."

Daphne's disappointment didn't last long.

"What about you Delilah? I could do your makeup too!"

Delilah nodded, knowing she would regret the choice later.

"Lyra?" Daphne inquired.

"Sorry, but I'm going to try to do my own makeup. If I need help I'll know where to go."

Daphne nodded, before pulling them all into a tight hug.

"Great! Let's go buy our dresses!"

Finally it was Christmas. Delilah woke to find a pile of presents at the end of her bed.

Yawning, she sat up and started opening them.

Daphne had given her a complicated makeup kit, Lyra a comfortable basket for Midnight. Fred and George had gotten her a book full of spells to use as jokes. Harry had gotten her a book of ways to politely refuse boys. Hermione, a bag of some good pens (per request).

Delilah had given Daphne a pack of different makeup brushes and utensils, Lyra a sketchbook and pencils, Fred and George a box of Zonko's products each, Harry a book of how to stay out of your sister's business(actually a Quidditch and wand cleaning kit), and Draco, well, that was hard to explain. She hadn't given it yet, she wanted to see his reaction. He also hadn't given her his yet. Delilah pocketed the neatly wrapped present and went to find Draco.

It was hard, there were so many festive Slytherins crowding the common room, that she didn't recognize Daphne until they ran into each other.

"Oh sorry, have you seen Draco?"

Daphne smirked.

"His room. You know which one that is, right?"

Delilah rolled her eyes. She did, in fact, know where it was.

She knocked on his door.

"It's Delilah, can I come in?"

"Uh, one moment!" Draco hurriedly called.

A moment later Draco opened the door. His hair was a mess, sticking up all over the place, his clothes also looked like they had been rushed, but the look oddly suited him.

Draco motioned for her to walk in. His room was as prestigiously clean as ever, except for the pile of half opened presents in the corner.

"What do you need?" he asked.

"I wanted to give this in person." Delilah awkwardly held out her present.

Draco sleepily smiled, rubbing his eyes.

"Great, one second please, you can sit down."

He walked over to his drawers and grabbed a small box as Delilah sat on the clean floor. Draco sat right beside her, so close that their arms brushed.

Delilah glanced down, blushing. Then she noticed something.

"Is that the stuffed snake I gave you in second year?" she asked, nodding towards the animal, which was sitting half under the covers, like Draco had been sleeping with it.

His eyes widened. Draco reached over and shoved it further underneath the covers, blushing.

"No."

"You're a terrible liar."

His blush deepended.

"It's cute."

Draco looked up, surprised to see Delilah's only slightly amused face. He smiled.

"Oh, uh, thanks. Here, do you want to open mine first?" he hurriedly asked, changing the subject and handing over the present he'd grabbed.

Delilah nodded, and carefully unwrapped it. Once she did, she gasped.

"It's not much," Draco said, rubbing the back of his head, "but I saw it and thought of you."

Delilah stared, speechless at the charm. It was a small, silver fox that looked like her animagus form. He helped her put it on. She pulled him in a hug that lasted longer than it should. When they pulled apart both faces were hot.

"Here, now open mine." Delilah handed him her present.

He opened it and laughed.

"Really? I'm never going to live it down, am I?"

Delilah grinned as he put on the ring shaped like a ferret.

"Nope, I saw it and immediately thought of you."

Draco rolled his eyes, grinning.

"How thoughtful," he deadpanned.

"Yep!" Delilah cheerfully said as they left for the crowded common room.

Immediately she was mobbed by Daphne who dragged her down to breakfast, declaring that they needed to bond before the dance. And so Delilah spent the day with her, enjoying the gifts they had gotten until the afternoon, when they headed outside. The snow was untouched except for the deep channels made by the Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students on their way up to the castle and a few footprints that led off to a snowball fight. Then, at five o'clock, Daphne decided they needed to head back up and get ready.

"How are we going to take three hours to get ready?" Delilah asked as they trudged back up to the castle.

"True beauty takes time, and I need to get both of us ready," Daphne explained as if she was talking to a toddler.

"Ok, just wanted to make sure."

Daphne did hers first, saying it would be quicker. While she got dressed and did her makeup, Delilah looked through her new joke spell book.

When Daphne was done, she made Delilah get into her dress and sat her down with the makeup kit she had given her.

"Stop moving!" she ordered.

"It's just so cold," Delilah complained.

"If you hold still it will be faster."

Delilah rolled her eyes, but held still. Finally, a bit later, she was done just as the nerves started to kick in. Daphne pulled her hair up, and paused, thinking.

"Hm... what to do...," Daphne murmured. "Aha! Yes! I know!"

She started painfully and quickly moving Delilah's hair. After a while longer Daphne grinned.

"All done!" she happily exclaimed, handing Delilah a mirror.

Daphne had put her hair up in a messy bun with a braid along each side. She had also put a small amount of glitter so that it looked all shiny.

"We look amazing!" Daphne exclaimed.

Delilah nodded.

"Let's go to the common room, it's time, right?" Delilah checked.

Daphne laughed.

"Of course not! We still need to pick shoes! Here, I've already picked my pair," Daphne held up a pair of gold high heels, "but we need to decide on yours! I was thinking these silver flats would work, I know you don't really like heels, so when I found them I was ecstatic! I had to wear them for my aunt's wedding, and haven't worn them since."

Daphne handed them over and Delilah tried them on. Surprisingly they fit. Apparently she and Daphne were the same shoe size.

"Now we can go out! It is time to go!"

Delilah quickly made sure her snake necklace and charm bracelet were on. She had decided she would live one night without wearing the dream dust, though it did feel strange not to.

Finally they left Daphne's room. The moment they got to the common room, Daphne hurried off to talk to others.

Delilah quickly noticed Draco sitting by the fire in his black dress robes, looking just as nervous as she felt. Once he saw her he stood up, his jaw dropping to the floor as he stared, his eyes hovering over her snake necklace.

"You look-" he paused, as if he was trying to find a word strong enough to express himself, "stunning, beautiful, gorgeous."

Delilah smiled, her heart rate quickening as he walked closer.

"You look very dashing yourself," she replied as more and more sparks were set off.

"But you may want to shut your mouth before you catch a fly," Delilah joked.

He closed his mouth, grinning, his eyes still taking in her features.

"Thanks, you ready to go?"

Delilah nodded.

They linked arms, and headed up to the Great Hall. Students were crowded by the doors. The oak front doors opened, and everyone turned to look as the Durmstrang students entered with Professor Karkaroff. Krum was at the front of the party, accompanied by Hermione, who looked so unlike herself that it took Delilah a moment to recognize her. Hermione's hair had been straightened and pulled into an elegant bun, the confidence and happiness that had been apparent in the store was magnified, and it only added to her beauty. Delilah quickly waved and Hermione didn't seem too surprised that she was with Draco. In fact, she just smiled knowingly.

Over the Durmstrang students' heads Delilah saw that an area of lawn right in front of the castle had been transformed into a sort of grotto full of fairy lights — meaning hundreds of actual living fairies were sitting in the rose bushes that had been conjured there, and fluttering over the statues of what seemed to be Father Christmas and his reindeer.

Then Professor McGonagall's voice called, "Champions over here, please!"

Delilah saw Harry and Parvarti, Victor and Hermione, Cedric and Cho, and Fleur and the Ravenclaw Quidditch captain, walk over to where McGonagall was.

Delilah and Draco stayed there, awkwardly standing until the doors opened and everyone, except the champions, flowed into the Hall.

The walls had all been covered in sparkling silver frost, with hundreds of garlands of mistletoe and ivy crossing the starry black ceiling. The House tables had vanished; instead, there were about a hundred smaller, lantern-lit ones, each seating about a dozen people.

As soon as everyone had settled down, Delilah and Draco sitting at a table near the front, the champions and their partners followed McGonagall in a line. Everyone in the Great Hall applauded as they entered and started walking up toward a large round table at the top of the Hall, where the judges were sitting.

Dumbledore smiled happily as the champions approached the top table, but Karkaroff wore an expression remarkably like an angry fish as he watched Krum and Hermione draw nearer. Ludo Bagman, tonight in robes of bright purple with large yellow stars, was clapping as enthusiastically as any of the students; and Madame Maxime, who had changed her usual uniform of black satin for a flowing gown of lavender silk, was applauding them politely. But Mr. Crouch, Delilah suddenly realized, was not there. The fifth seat at the table was occupied by Percy Weasley.

The golden plates in front of them were not filled yet, but small menus were lying in front of each of them. Delilah cautiously picked hers up, looking around but seeing no waiters. Dumbledore, however, looked carefully down at his own menu, then said very clearly to his plate, "Pork chops!"

And pork chops appeared. Getting the idea, the rest of the table placed their orders with their plates too. Delilah got some alfredo while Draco went for steak.

"So," Draco awkwardly said.

"So," Delilah replied, slightly amused.

"What should we talk about?"

Delilah shrugged.

"Why not potions? We both care about those."

Draco nodded, relieved.

And so they started talking about potions and the possible things they could do to improve them, along with the statistics and what would help with some of the negative effects. It was fun, and Delilah couldn't help but notice the small, but bright light in Draco's eyes.

When all the food had been consumed, Dumbledore stood up and asked the students to do the same. Then, with a wave of his wand, all the tables zoomed back along the walls leaving the floor clear, and then he conjured a raised platform into existence along the right wall. A set of drums, several guitars, a lute, a cello, and some bagpipes were set upon it.

The Weird Sisters now trooped up onto the stage to wildly enthusiastic applause; they were all extremely hairy and dressed in black robes that had been artfully ripped and torn. They picked up their instruments. The champions, Harry looking startled and scared, stood up and started dancing to the mournful tune. Other's soon joined them.

"Do you want to...?" Draco asked, trailing off, blushing.

Delilah nodded, and so they went on the dance floor.

There were so many people that Delilah and Draco had to stand very close, which seemed to increase the temperature.

Delilah pointed out Madam Maxime and Dumbledore to Draco, and they both had to hide their amusement. Madam Maxime was so tall that Dumbledore's tall wizarding hat barely tickled her chin. Then they both noticed Moody and Professor Sinistra and they both barely hid their laughter. They were doing an extremely ungainly two-step, and Professor Sinistra kept nervously avoiding his wooden leg.

The last quavering note struck and everyone clapped as loudly as possible. Delilah noticed that Harry had bolted off of the dance floor. Poor Pavarti.

The next song started and Delilah and Draco kept dancing, laughing as others acted ridiculously. Bagman asked McGonagall to dance. When the song ended he kissed her hand and left, only to be cornered by the twins, but he quickly shook them off.

After a few more songs Delilah felt even more hot.

"I'll go get us some drinks, what do you want?"

"Surprise me, thanks!"

Delilah noticed Hermione sulking alone. She headed over.

"Hey, you okay?"

Hermione shook her head, glaring at Ron.

"What happened?"

"Ron, the idiot, accused me of 'fraternizing with the enemy' just because I am here with Krum! Honestly..."

Delilah noticed Draco standing awkwardly with their drinks, staring at Delilah. She motioned for him to sit down and that she'd be there in a minute.

"That's his problem. I know your friends, so he's probably just jealous. You're an amazing girl afterall."

Hermione reddened slightly.

"Don't let him ruin your evening. Have fun with Krum, because Ron is wrong," Delilah had wanted to say that forever, and now she had her chance!

She stared at Hermione, making sure she understood. She nodded.

"Thanks, I think I see Krum with some drinks. When Harry notices you and Draco, take your own advice."

Delilah nodded, and they both headed in different directions. She smiled when she reached Draco.

"Hey, what was that about?" he inquired as he handed her a cup of cold juice.

Delilah shrugged.

"Ron being a jerk, Hermione having to deal with it, the usual."

Draco nodded.

"Do you want to head outside? It'll be cooler... and I know you don't really like the heat...."

Delilah nodded, smiling at his awkwardness but knowing she was no better.

They slipped outside and, avoiding the couples (Fleur and Davies looked very busy), found a swing in a small grove of trees.

"Do you want to...?" Draco asked, motioning to the swing.

Delilah nodded and sat down. He lightly pushed her at first before slowly going harder, but still not that high. After a few more pushes he stopped, letting her slow down before helping her up.

Her breath caught. They were now standing so close, and neither of them pulled away. Delilah looked up into his startling gray-blue eyes, her heart seeming to be working overtime. Then, Draco bent down, and his lips touched hers.

Fireworks exploded in her brain. It seemed like it took forever, yet only a minute. When they pulled apart, they both were breathless.

"That was..."

Delilah nodded, somehow knowing what he meant. They stared at each other, breathless, neither wanting to make the first move.

"Want to go back inside?" Draco asked, breaking the silence.

Delilah nodded, her face red, but not because of the cold. On the way back Draco gently grabbed her hand.

"Do you want to dance?" Delilah inquired.

A flicker of surprise danced through his eyes before it changed to excitement.

"Yeah, I would."

As soon as the song ended, they moved to the dance floor. All the dancers' moves slowed down to match the song. Draco's hand moving to her waist, sending tingles up through her body. She moved her hand onto his shoulder as he guided them through the dance floor.

Slowly the space between them closed, by the time the song ended, there was none.

"Want to go grab some drinks?" Draco asked, his face flushed just as much as hers.

Delilah nodded, her heart rate accelerated.

"I'll go grab them then, will you find us a table?"

She nodded again, and moved to an empty table near the back of the hall, glad to have a moment to catch her breath. It didn't last. Harry marched over to the table, looking furious.

"Why are you here with him?" he snapped.

Delilah sighed. She had hoped he wouldn't notice them, even if she didn't believe it. She remained coldly passive.

"Because I like him, he's a fun person."

"He's a cheating Slytherin! He's just trying to use you!"

Quite a few people were looking in their direction now.

"You keep forgetting that I'm a Slytherin too."

Harry stayed quiet for a moment, as if trying to think of a retort.

"He's a jerk," Harry insisted.

"Draco's changing, or have you not noticed that recently he's been leaving more students alone?"

Harry glared.

"He's using you to get to me!" he stated, ignoring her statement.

"Not everythings about you Harry!" Delilah snapped, finally passing the breaking point.

He took a step back. Delilah took a deep breath, cooling enough to talk normally.

"Draco makes me happy, shouldn't that be enough for you? I get that you're trying to look out for me, but keep your nose out of my love life. Just because you can't find any success there doesn't mean I can't."

Harry glared before turning around and marching back to the table where Ron was sulking, glaring at Hermione and Victor.

As soon as Harry sat back down Draco returned with the drinks, awkwardly staring at the ground.

"Thanks," he murmured. "For standing up for me,"

Delilah nodded, quickly gulping down the drink.

"No problem, ugh. He's an idiot, why can't he just let me make my own decisions?"

Draco nodded as the Weird Sisters finished the last song. Everyone clapped and headed out.

"Looks like it's in Gryffindor nature, look at Weasley."

Delilah turned, and saw Ron marching up to where Hermione was standing, having just said goodbye to Victor.

"He's the enemy!" Ron insisted, shouting it to the whole school. "He's just using you to get to Harry!"

Delilah rolled her eyes. She had seen Victor looking at Hermione, he actually liked her, there was no doubt about that.

"Well, if you don't like it, you know what the solution is, don't you?" yelled Hermione; her hair was coming down out of its elegant bun now, and her face was screwed up in anger.

"Oh yeah?" Ron yelled back. "What's that?"

"Next time there's a ball, ask me before someone else does, and not as a last resort!"

Ron mouthed soundlessly like a goldfish out of water as Hermione turned on her heel and stormed up the staircases to the Gryffindor common room, where she probably would hurry to her dorm as to not see Ron's idiotic face.

Delilah yawned, turning to Draco.

"Let's head back to our dorms, I can't deal with anymore Gryffindor drama tonight!" she announced.

Draco laughed, grinning at her.

"Yeah, me neither."

Draco walked her to her room, their hands entwined the entire time.

"Thanks for tonight, it was really fun," Delilah said, tiredly smiling.

"Yeah it was," he agreed.

Delilah opened her door, and paused, turning and kissing him again. It was shorter this time, and more relaxed. A moment later they pulled apart.

"Goodnight," Delilah said.

"Goodnight," a stunned, yet pleased Draco replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 128 21
Aerea Malfoy has been lied to for her whole life. She is not who she is told to be. Will she find out the truth? And if so, how much in her life wi...
87 0 15
Maeve Keres has spent her entire life being shoved to the background. One day a letter arrives and she begins to unravel the lies she's been told. Bu...
244K 7.4K 18
(Y/N) has had a crush on Hermione Granger since their 3rd year at Hogwarts. Her feelings are growing, and there is a nagging inside of her telling he...
894 64 24
"Hmm... You're very smart... I see, not bad. Ambitious, determined, and cunning too. I know just where to put you... SLYTHERIN!" After two long years...