Dark Hearted || Narry AU ✔

By MagicNarry

[Complete] The year is 1750, and pirates rule the seas. Niall Horan, notorious pirate of the “Plundering Dark... More

Description
Chapter 1- "Pilot"
Chapter 2- "The British are coming"
Chapter 3- "Family"
Chapter 4- "The Quest"
Chapter 5- "Dancing sea"
Chapter 6- "The beauty of the sea"
Chapter 7- "Tricky Trade"
Chapter 8- "Thank you"
Chapter 09- "Greedy"
Q&A
Chapter 10- "Bloodstream"
Chapter 11- "the stowaway"
Chapter 12- "Yo Ho"
Chapter 13- "The song of death"
Authors note
Chapter 14- "Siren Island"
Chapter 15- "Red, white, and blue"
Chapter 16- "Let the water guide you"
Chapter 17- "The blue eyed man"
Chapter 18- "Vulnerability"
Chapter 19- Accepting Weaknesses
Chapter 20- "The cost of kindness"
Chapter 22- "The effects"
Chapter 22.5- Alternate ending- "The tides have turned"
Chapter 23- Epilogue- "Dear Child"
thank you

Chapter 21- "The glowing falls"

1.9K 131 102
By MagicNarry

Another update, yay! Bit early, but that's because I love you guys!

Answer: Black and white, and spring.

Dedication: @XxLifeIsGoodxX, @obsessedwith5boys (happy belated birthday btw), @xStylzx, @thefangirlfeels, @taryneckert, @karrystyles12, @PrettyYoung_17, @dearest-niall, & @Nimraaaa.

Shoutout to: @Nevermind_MP for a very detailed response.

Important author's note at the end.

2,184 words :)

(Some of you are trying to ruin my surprise ending... stop it... grrrr... aha)

----

I didn't stick around to watch the rest of the embrace, rather I turned around and leaned against the table, shoulders slumped and head down. A hand rested on my shoulder, rubbing soothing circles.

"I don't know which is worse: your situation or mine. I think you've got it worse, at least I had Zayn then lost him, but you've never had Harry. I'm sorry mate, maybe it's just not meant to be." I nodded at Liam's words, but stayed silent, the image burned to the back of my eyelids already. It hurt, really it did, and I couldn't help but feel like everything that happened was just a way to get himself and the other lad out of the dungeon. Rage boiled up inside of me, but I kept it down, I should have just kept them both down there.

Thoughts of the two of them down there together filled my mind then, swimming around, taunting me, tugging at my heart and begging me to cry. I refused, but the images didn't go away, they stayed- showing me what I couldn't have and why.

By the time I had opened my eyes Liam had left already, and the entire crew knew what had happened. They all knew it would probably be best to steer clear of me. Everyone kept their distance, and I decided that I didn't need to stay here. The crew knew what to do, and Cal knew where to take us. They would come get me when we arrived. So, I quickly walked down the steps, turning to the hallway that lead to my quarters without looking up from the deck. I didn't want to see if they were still embracing one another, I didn't want to see them together at all. I didn't want to see what could have been, had I been better- tried better.

I walked straight back to my quarters, shutting the door tightly behind me and only then did I look up. I was shocked to see a curly headed lad sat on my bed, nervously playing with his fingers. I knew it was Harry, but it surprised me that he was here, rather than with his lover somewhere else. He glanced up at me, his eyes showing how worried he was, but I couldn't make myself say anything, my mind still replaying their kiss.

"Louis wouldn't let me up to see you, and Luke said I should leave you alone, but I needed to talk to you." He said, leg bouncing up and down, eyes swimming with nervousness and fear like he was scared that I would throw him out. I nodded, raising an eyebrow to show him that I had heard what he had to say. "Don't do this, please don't do this."

"Do what?" I asked monotonously, staring at him and thinking of what he could mean.

"Don't shut me out again, please. I can't stand you shutting me out."

"Why would it matter, you have everything you need." I snapped, and he visibly flinched back at my defensive remark.

"I honestly was in shock. He doesn't like blokes, and I don't like him that way. He was just happy that you didn't execute him or have him rot down there or take him back to be a whore. It meant nothing to either of us, it meant nothing to me and I've told him that. You are the only person I want that with. So please, don't push me away, don't shut me out because it kills me when you do that. Ever since I left, I knew that you made me happy, you were all I needed and I wasted so much time that I could have had with you because of a miscommunication." He answered, tears in his eyes as he practically begged me to believe him. The funny thing was, I did. He stood up, walking up to me- where I was still pressed against the door- clutching my shirt tightly while looking at me with begging eyes.

"Okay." Was all I said, causing to hug me, muttering 'thank you' over and over again. I just hugged him back, holding him close, and a small smile on my face. He was here, and he was mine, and that is all I can ask for in this world.

"Before anything else gets in the way, be mine?" I questioned, both loving and hating the feeling of my heart trying to beat out of my chest to connect with his. He looked at me, our eyes connecting, a wide smile painted on his face as he nodded and I couldn't have been happier. I cupped his cheek, leaning in to finally- finally- kiss him when there was a knock on the door behind us. We both jumped slightly at the loud noise echoing around the room but chuckled lightly once we realized what it was.

I laced our fingers together, smiling gently at the lad, before walking over to the door and swinging it open. I held back a scowl when I saw it was Bradly standing there, but at least he had the decency to look sheepish and sorry. I decided to keep a blank face, rather than glare at him and risk Harry being upset with me. I had just finally gotten him, I don't want to lose him yet.

"Captain, erm, we're here. At the final destination." He said, wringing his hands while looking at me with fear in his eyes. I nodded, walking past him, dragging Harry behind me and onto the deck. A large island with a large mountain/volcano right in the center. This was it, the final step to finally being free- free of the curse, free to love Harry, free to get attached to people.

This was it.

The island was incredibly green, trees and shrubs and flowers and bushes littering the surface surrounding the grey rock right in the middle. The sand was pure black, glistening in the setting sun. We had docked on the island, and I honestly had no idea where to look on the island, but I had a feeling that the large mass in the middle had something to do with it. We all stepped off the ship, ready to finally save ourselves, or die trying.

We all slowly made our way into the dense trees, the black sand flying around as we walked through it, and soon it was just solid dirt we walked on. The air was hot and damp, and before long we were all sweating, clothes weighing heavily on us. I could feel that both Harry and my palms were sweaty, but I refused to let him go.

A bird like call echoed through the air, but this one was much louder than any bird I had ever heard. Everyone froze, unmoving and listening to our surroundings. The sound of crushing leaves and snapping wood filled the once silent air, the sound of something large barreling towards us was our main focus. Suddenly out stepped a griffin, curiously looking at us. It didn't move forward or show any aggression so I relaxed a bit. Michael pulled out his gun, the setting sun glinting off the dirty metal.

"Mikey no!" I shouted, diving for the gun. He pulled the trigger just as I hit it from his hand, causing the bullet to land in the dirt very close to the griffin, causing it to screech and back up onto its hind legs. I knew then that we were in trouble. "Run to the middle!" I called, grabbing Harry's hand again and tugged him forward, away from the panicking animal that would attack soon, and its mate would be here soon enough. We ran through the dense green, wincing when a pained scream hit out ears, the low hanging branches smacking us in the face.

We reached a small clearing where we stopped for a second, mostly so I could get my bearings and figure out which direction we needed to run. Harry had stopped, bending over with his hands on his knees as he huffed and tried to catch his breath. Just as I turned around to speak to Harry another griffin landed right in front of him. This one was obviously the male- it was bigger, broader shoulders, an aura of dominance surrounding it. It cawed at Harry, and he took a step back in fear. I quickly strode up to him, stepping in front of him while pushing him behind me and up against my back to protect him from it. The griffin cocked its head to the side, eyeing me as my chest rose and fell in fear, but I stayed in the same place: in front of Harry, protecting him.

It let out an ear-shattering call, nudging its beak into my stomach lightly, before flying off to wherever it lived. I could only hope all the others did the same. I let out a breath I was holding, grateful for the griffin that decided we could be spared. Harry's hold on my shirt didn't lesson however, until I had to forcefully remove it from the material. I turned around to look at him, his face ashen, but mixed with his fear was anger and disbelief.

"You could have died!" He hissed, and I laughed lightly while nodding.

"Yeah, but it would have been well worth it if you were still okay." I answered, lacing our fingers together and walking to the large mountain that resided in the middle. It wasn't a long walk from where we were, and soon we were there meeting with the rest of the group minus a few people that were lost to the griffins. In my hand was the goblet, and in my other was Harry's hand, but neither told me what I had to do or where I had to go. We split up, looking for anything, and then someone called.

We jogged to where Luke had called from, seeing a small opening just big enough for us to fit through, the last rays of sun illuminating the entrance just a bit. Soon we were all stepping through it, following a dark path down, down, down until we reached an opening. A small pool was sat right in the center, taking up a majority of the space, black sand lining the land, a small trickling stream- like a miniature waterfall- fell down the rocks and to the small pool. At the top of the cove was a large hole, almost like this place was a water volcano, allowing the moon to shine through and illuminate the water.

Harry gasped, and I looked at him in concern, but he just pointed at the waterfall of sorts with wide eyes. When I glanced over, I saw the water had turned an illuminous color of blue, and I figured that was as good a sign as any. Slowly, with all the stored up anticipation from years and years of waiting for this moment, I slipped the goblet under the stream, collecting it into the golden cup. The cup then started glowing, and engraving glowing brighter on the side of the goblet that read: Elixir of vita. Plena luna lecente Bibendum et accipietis. I showed it to Harry, wondering what it meant, and soon he was translating.

"It says, 'The elixir of life. When the moon shines full, drink and you will receive.'" He translated, smiling softly at me. I smiled back, knowing that now we would get a normal life. Finally after all this time, we would be free. I looked up at the hole, seeing the moon was almost completely filtered into the cave, and when it finally stood directly above us- we all drank.

---

AH! Only 2 or 3 more chapters left!!!!

There will be two endings, one happy, and one sad, and an epilogue- and a thank you's page- and then Dark Hearted will be officially finished. *Cries*

Will it work?

How will they live if it does? If it doesn't?

Is there an unforeseen warning/problem?

Real life question of the chapter:

Would you live forever if you had the choice, or would you follow Niall's path and get your mortality back?

This story is almost over, meaning, a new story will soon begin. I need you guys to help me decide which one?

Monster, Soccer Star, or Nexus?

The choice is yours!

Thank you all for all the lovely comments and votes and support. You are all fantastic!

Dedication to the commenter that can make me laugh?

OR

The commenter with the best quote?

75 votes and comments for an update?

Val xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.3K 5.9K 21
Sometimes the monsters under the bed are real. All rights reserved. Rated PG-13 for dark themes, swearing, major character death, blood and gore, boy...
59.1K 2.4K 28
Harry is abused. Zayn is abused. Two different stories, two different secrets. What happen when their worlds collide and secrets are shared? ** so...
406K 13.5K 42
Summary: Louis Tomlinson the crown prince of the United Kingdom was on a ride to France, when his ship was suddenly taken over by Harry Styles, the i...
142K 4.7K 18
Imagine losing your best friend, the guy who was there for you through all the good and bad times. Now imagine losing your boyfriend, the guy who wa...