Konoha's Kitsune

By smxvsn

Naruto was known to be a happy-go-lucky, hyperactive, dead-last academy student, right? If so, think again. ... More

Chapter 1: Babysitting the Uchiha
Chapter 2: Academy Brats
Chapter 3: Finally, Genin Exams!
Chapter 4: Introductions and Bell Test
Chapter 5: I hate being genin!
Chapter 6: A Memory I want to Forget
Chapter 7: Land of Waves
Land of Waves 1: Tree Climbing
Land of Waves 2: First Homemade Meal!
Land of Waves 3: Zabuza and Haku
Chapter 8: Bonding Trip?!
Bonding Trip 1: Setting Up Camp
Bonding Trip 2: Truth or Dare
Bonding Trip 3: Gaara, the Ichibi Jinchuriki
Bonding Trip 4: October 10th
Bonding Trip 5: Meeting the Commander
Bonding Trip 6: Hot Springs
Bonding Trip 7: Back in Konoha
Chapter 9: Preparations
Chapter 10: Shikamaru's Suspicions
Chapter 11: Beasts in the Forest
Chunin Exams 1: Tenth Question and a Sadistic Snake
Chunin Exams 2: Preliminaries
Chunin Exams 3: The Start of Konoha's Attack
Chunin Exams 4: Exposed Identity
Chapter 13: The Start of a New Life
Thank You ^-^

Chapter 12: Chunin Exams, Begin!

1.3K 33 17
By smxvsn

Me, Sasuke and Sakura were walking to the academy. It was the day the Chunin Exams begin and everyone was nervous, even me! Well... for a different reason.

Ever since Anko's report, I've been worried for the Uchiha. Not just because of my mission but also because I love him.

While we were walking, the boy that I met last week was running past us.

I didn't think much of it until we turned the corner and saw him getting strangled by Kankuro.

"Kankuro, let him down!" I shouted.

"Naruto?" He says while letting the boy's feet touch the ground.

Konohamaru ran away from him and hid behind Sasuke and Sakura who were behind me.

I looked at the Kankuro and Temari, who was next to him and noticed that someone was missing.

Then, a red haired boy with the word 'heart' of his forehead jumped down from a tree.

He stared at me silently until a raspy voice could be heard.

"Kurama! What are you doing here?!" The voice rang annoyingly through my mind.

"You just noticed, Shukaku?" Fluff-ball's dark voice says.

"Shut up, stupid fox!"

"I could say the same for you, damn tanuki!"

They started arguing, giving me and Gaara a headache as they continue.

It reminded me of a pink and blonde haired konoichi when they were in the academy.

My eye twitched. 'Can you two shut the fuck up for a second?'

"Hn," Kurama Uchiha said.

Once me and Gaara's headache disappeared, I said to the two biju's, 'Please continue!'

Gaara looked at me like I was an idiot while the others were confused.

"Why are they glaring at each other?" Konohamaru whispered to Sakura.

"I don't know..."

Sasuke sighed and walked in front of me and bonked his hand on my head.

I woke up from my daze and so did Gaara from the sudden movement.

"Let's go." Said Sasuke.

I didn't reply and just followed him to the academy.

...

We walked in the academy and before we could go up the stairs, a green blob came up to Sasuke.

"Sasuke!"

"Oh, hi Lee."

"Fight me!"

"What?"

"I said, fight me!" He repeated in excitement.

"No."

"Please!" He begged.

"No."

"Why not?"

"We have thirty minutes until the exam starts and we don't want to be late."

Neji and Tenten ran to us and Tenten says, "Lee! What are you doing?!"

"I'm challenging Sasuke to a fight!" He says with sparkling eyes.

She sighs and drags Lee up the stairs to the third floor after apologising to us.

We followed soon after and ended up in front of two doors.

We opened them and walked in the room which was filled with many shinobi hoping to be a Chunin.

After looking for a while, I spotted six other rookies from Konoha and headed towards them.

"I was about to think you'll never show up." The dog owner scoffed.

Ino punched his head and said, "Sasuke-kun would definitely show up, he isn't a scaredy-cat!"

They kept chatting while I ignored them until a silver haired guy with glasses showed up.

He said, "Hi, my name is Kabuto. By any chance, are you guys are rookies?"

"We are, why?" The Nara replied.

"Would you like some information on the other Genins here?"

"That would help, but why would you do that?" Sasuke said.

"No reason, I just felt like helping." He smiled.

"Sabaku no Gaara." Says teme.

"Uzumaki Naruto." Shikamaru said.

Everyone who's listening to their conversation turned to Shikamaru, including me.

"Naruto? Isn't he a rookie like you guys?" Kabuto asks.

"He is." The smartest out of team ten answered.

"Then, that means you know him since you were classmates."

"Just do it." He says, getting annoyed.

"Alright,"

He takes out some cards and shuffles them for a minute or two. Then, he places two of the cards that are facing down in front of himself.

He turns one card over and reads the information on it.

"Sabaku no Gaara, he is fourteen years old."

He lists his teammates, missions and skills. While he was doing this, I was starting to worry. His information was on point and from what I know, it isn't a kekkei genkai.

This went on until he is about to read his description.

He paused before saying, "He always returns from a mission without a scratch."

They were told by Kabuto that he went on an A rank and a few B ranks so they were all shocked.

After, he turned over my card. I wasn't very worried since Hokage-sama probably hid my actual rank and full name but I was still wary.

He listed my information, which was all correct if you don't count the classified stuff.

Just like what he did with Gaara's, he paused.

But instead of his description, he paused on my missions.

"Forty-one D-ranks, one C-rank, five A-ranks and..."

"And?" Shikamaru says shocked but also impatiently.

He places the card on the floor so they can read it.

"T-two-hundred S-ranks?!" Hinata asks.

Kabuto nodded and their heads turned to look at mine.

When they were about to interrogate me, the double-door slammed open, making them turn to it.

While they were distracted, I swiped the card off the floor.

"Get to your seats!" Ibiki shouts.

Just before Shikamaru walked up the stairs to get to his seat, he turned to me and said, "Naruto, you have secrets, don't you."

I stared at him blankly, not showing any emotions that might confirm his growing suspicion.

Seeing that I wouldn't respond, he went to his assigned seat like the other Genins who rushed to their seats, feeling the examiner's killer intent.

I put the card in my pocket, deciding it would be best to give it to Ibiki after the written exams.

Then, he explained the rules for the test. Most, found them unfair and tried to whine about it but Ibiki would shut them up by threatening them.

"Begin!" He yelled.

Everyone immediately put their pencils on the paper and started writing.

When I started, I noticed that the questions were Anbu level.

I was able to answer the questions easily because I was an Anbu and even if I wasn't, I would've known the answers because I helped creating them.

Even if it wasn't hard for me, it was for the Genins. I noticed half of the people cheating. Some weren't noticeable but most were.

Soon after the test started, Ibiki started to disqualify some teams.

When I finished the test, I had forty more minutes until the examiner announces the tenth question. It was the perfect amount of time to take a short nap, so that's exactly what I did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348K 7.1K 28
He was scorned. Mocked. Beaten. Called a demon. And he was driven out of the only place he called home when he was 4. Child prodigy Naruto comes back...
73.7K 1.6K 14
Naruto Uzumaki is the village pariah and always the blame being kicked out of shops and pranking people for attention. Right? Not this Naruto, she ye...
754K 17.4K 50
The prodigy that is known as Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze makes his first appearance in the ninja academy... after rigorous training under Hiruzen Sarutob...