I'm The Alpha

By shruthii

"I don't want you to mark me" I said quickly. "Why?" he asked me, his tone seemed calm but i knew he was far... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 10

447K 12.1K 3.4K
By shruthii

Hiiii.....

I am presenting you all chapter 10 :)

Oh yeah! There is a time leap in this chapter again and then the story flows smoothly......

Pic on the side is of Templar>>>>

And Yeah, this chapter is dedicated to @romanticnerd :)

*****************

"One day you will do things
for me that you hate. That
is what it means to be
family."
― Jonathan Safran Foer,
Everything Is Illuminated

FIVE YEARS LATER

TEMPLAR P.O.V

'Weak.'

'Puny.'

'Rotten.'

'Sluggish piece of shit.'

I sat atop Jan's black wolf watching Keith, Cam and Ben before me with disinterest.  They continued to kick Alex's lifeless body with their paws, muttering curses at him in rage.

Jan's let out a loud wolf yawn.

It had been boring.  Alex hadn't even tried to fight as everyone began to attack him.  The moment he saw me, his face crunched up in fear, and he looked like he wanted to piss himself desperately.  I hadn't even had to shift into my wolf to scare him.  I would have laughed at his response if I hadn't wanted him dead more than anything else.

'Four more to go,' Keith said through the link as we walked back towards our vehicle that had been parked on the road at the edge of the woods.

'They are the worst ones,' Jan said.

 Glen, Felix, Barry and Greg were the wolves we had left on the hit list of the Waterwave pack.  I didn't know Barry or Greg personally, but Glen and Felix; I knew I would enjoy killing them.

Reaching into the backseat of my very own Convertible Audi A7 I pulled out everyone's clothes and threw them to them so they could get dressed when they shifted back.  This was my first car and my baby.  I call him Arrogant.

Everyone hid behind trees and quickly changed.  They were all back in no time and Jan hoped inside my car, taking the passenger seat.  I looked in the rearview mirror at the boys and saw that they were all seated inside their white Lexus behind me.

'Please make sure to thank the Alpha,' I said to Keith through the link.

We had tracked Alex to one of the pack's that had been attacked and a black cloth with a piece of the silver statue had been left at the attack scene.  He had been hiding among the pack.  The attack had been Glen's work, but I didn't care.  I wanted Alex dead.

It's been five years now.  Now, whenever there is an attack on a pack and a black cloth with a silver piece of the Moon Goddess's statue in it left behind, we are told about it.  We know that it's a message sent for our pack.  

There is an association of wolves, similar to a court, called the Sorority which consists elder wolves. They are supposed to handle such matters. However, the current head of the Sorority, Mr. Louis Gibb, hates me and the feeling is mutual from my side. It's a long story, but when I apparently continued to 'disrespect' him, he had commanded pack wolves to not help any of us in our search. 

Thanks to Keith, I had not only managed not to shift in front of them, but also spare Louis's life from my wolf, who wanted to tear him apart.

For the past five years whenever we have traced the rogues we've been chasing, they've always been hiding among packs.  We always have to ask the permission of the Alpha of that pack's territory before we can gain access to their land, so that we can kill the rogues.  But I always make sure that none of the other packs know about me being a white wolf.  It's still a secret known only to our pack and a few trusted members of the Firelight pack.  To all others I am known as the Beta of the Waterwave pack, and Keith is known as the Alpha.

I liked it that way, though at times it pissed me off because I had to act weaker than I was.

Keith being an Alpha's son helped make it easier for others to believe the lie.  He reeked of power similar to an Alpha.  That way, there is no chance of other packs' possibly figuring out that I'm actually the Alpha of the Waterwave pack.

After killing the dirt bag hiding among the other pack, we would take back the piece of the statue with us to our pack's land.  We've collected almost all the pieces of the statue.  All that's left now is the lips, chin, nose and left cheek.

By now, almost all the packs know to call our pack if there are pieces of a silver statue found in an attack scene.  It's all thanks to the rumors that have spread, saying that this war is personal to our pack.  The Alphas' of an attacked pack call us because they don't want to interfere in our fight and they know it's a sensible thing to do.  They want to avoid any unnecessary deaths in their pack because they know the rogues will stop at nothing when it comes to destruction, and the only thing that can stop them is us.

One we reached our territory Jan and I decided to take a swim at the beach before returning to the pack house.  I was swimming deep inside the water and heard Jan calling me through the link.  I saw her looking for me in the water.  I concentrated my energy on the water and raised my palm high.  The water reached about ten feet high, then when I flipped my hand.  Splash!  The water fell on Jan, drenching her and I laughed loudly at her.

"Ha, ha, very funny," she said, frowning at me.

"From where I'm standing, it is funny," I said grinning brightly at her.

After my eighteenth birthday I came to know that I could control water.  I just have to concentrate on the water and it moves as I want it to.  My mood also changes the way the water near me is flowing.  If I'm furious, the sea will be deadly.  When I go deep inside the sea I can gain energy from the body of water.  The energy I do get from being in the water makes me much stronger.

I started to have anger issues, which I believe are due to my wolf, but my anger can be quickly cooled down if I'm in water.  One day, due to my anger, I attacked my own pack after I had killed a rogue and my anger hadn't been fully exhausted.  Jan, Keith and Cam had been hurt from the attack.  Thanks to the grace of the Moon Goddess I didn't kill anyone from the pack, or else I would have died of guilt.  I know that I had hurt almost everyone who tried to stop me.  It took them days to convince me that they were all okay, and for them to get me to leave my room.  I had been cooped up in my room crying because I had hurt them.  It is always difficult for the pack to control me when I get that malicious.

Ophelia suggested that I should join an anger management class.  I did join, but when the counselor ticked my nerves I kicked him in the guts, and got thrown out of it.  So nowadays I cool off my anger through meditation and yoga, and Mike helps me.

I was disturbed from my thoughts when Jan started splashing water on me.  We got into a massive fight, throwing water at each other, but in the end I won because of my special powers to control the sea.

"Hey!  Hey girls aren't you missing someone?" Ben called, running towards the shore of the sea with Keith close behind him.

"Where's cam?" I asked.

"Getting laid," Ben said smirking.

There was no doubt that Ben was the pack flirt.  He changes girls like he changes clothes.  He even flirts with me and Jan, but it's only for fun.  He is a great friend to us.

Ben ran into the water and lifted me bridal style before throwing me in the water.

After we all finished playing in the water we all got out and stood on the shore horizontally, ready to race and see who would reach the house first. 

We all called out, "Get Set.  Go!"                                                                                                                                             

Together Jan and Ben started running towards the pack house, while Keith and I began to walk casually.  When they all noticed we weren't running, they all stopped and turned to look at us.  As soon as they looked at us, Keith and I bolted off and started running.  They all realized a bit too late what our plan was.

"Cheaters," they said behind us as Keith and I reached the pack before them and high-fived.

We entered the pack house together.  It was our own mansion.  It took two years to build this mansion.  Only eighteen plus members of the pack stay in the pack house.  Each and every single member has their own room, so all the pups in the pack are eager to come and stay at the pack house.  Parents aren't allowed.  Instead they all have houses built for them around the pack house.  Often Ophelia comes to check the cleanliness of the pack house, and Mike comes to make sure we aren't doing any 'monkey business', as he puts it.

I started climbing up the stairs to the top floor, where my room was.  I used my werewolf strength to climb each step to the seventh floor, when I suddenly collided into someone.

'Sorry Alpha,' Alisha said through the link, panicking.  Alisha joined the pack only recently.  Her parents were killed in a rogue attack by one of Glen's fans.  I smiled at her kindly and walked past her up the stairs.

I made my way up the rest of the stairs to the seventh floor.  There were five rooms on the top floor.  The first room on the left belongs to Cam and Sveta; who is now our pack doctor.  Cam proposed to Sveta recently and their wedding will take place soon.  I'm so happy for the both of them.

Cam is a big brother to me.  He's very protective and a good friend to me.  I always wanted to have this kind of relationship with Terence, but now I'm happy that Cam is here for me in that way.  Sveta was like a sister to me too.

I still remember when one of my dates was about to kiss me.  Cam turned up, and not only punched the guy; he even threatened to cut off his balls.  Well, that was the last time I ever saw that guy.  After that happened Jan and I were told we weren't allowed to date anyone until our education was over.

The first room on the right was Ben's room.  The walls were all plastered with posters of naked girls, but that was when I saw it a year ago.  I haven't entered his room since then.

The second room to the left is Keith's.  His room is filled with all the latest gadgets.  He changes his laptop every month.  The guy is a big time nerd when it comes to those sorts of things.

The second room to the right was Jan's.  It was filled with photos and cameras and she works as an event photographer.  Well you can sort of call it my room too, because half of my time I'm parading in it with her.

Then the last room on the seventh floor is mine.  I opened my door and looked at the photo that hung from the wall opposite the door.  It had been taken on my eighteenth birthday party, where the theme had been 'white wolf' as they had all put it; everyone dressed in white.  I was standing in the middle of the photo, Jan beside me with the best-friend pose, and the rest of the pack making funny faces behind us.  It is my favorite photo.

I walked to my window and looked out it, loving the view of the sea.  It looked beautiful.  It's easy for me to just jump from the balcony and go to the beach whenever I wish.

Noticing all the pieces of paper on the floor, I started collecting them to throw in the bin.  I'm a feminist writer at twenty-one.  I wrote and published my first book at seventeen.  It was titled 'Tigress of the Third World.'  The story was about a girl who tried to stop the illegal business of drugs taking place in her village.  I put my soul into the book, and was delighted when it became a huge success.

I used 'Sarah Nicolette' as my pen name to hide my true identity.  Sarah was my middle name and Nicolette was June's.  So far, I have finished and published three novels and I'm penning on my fourth.  The royalties from the sales of my books pay well, and it's how I was able to afford my nice car.

"I knew it," a voice said from behind me.  I didn't need to turn around to see who it was.  Ophelia was inspecting the pack house.  I wonder why I didn't get a prior message about it from Jan.

Ophelia was like a mother to me; the mother I always wanted.  She and Mike had made sure that I was given the perfect family life.  She is a perfectionist and made sure I was one too.  Thanks to her, it was compulsory for me to learn cooking, dancing, and how to wear make-up; basically she wants me to be a girlie girl.  I'm not a girlie girl, but I'm not boyish either.  I am just me.  To avoid facing the aftermath from Ophelia I try to act like a girl.

"You are the only one in the house who knows to keep everything clean," she said.  I stood up only to watch her proud smile turn into a frown.

Uh-oh!  My dress.

"What the hell are you wearing?" she asked frowning at my clothes.  My shorts and top were soaking wet and there was a good amount of stand stuck on it all.  In short I smelt salty and looked unattractive.

I was about to reply when Jan burst into the room and said, "Inspector is coming."  It was what we called Ophelia.  Jan froze when she saw Ophelia.  She gave a big smile, showing all her teeth.  "Oh Ophelia, you are here," she said in fake pleasure, then left the room and closed the door fast behind her.

Ophelia shook her head at Jan, and I pinched my lips together in worry. 

Ophelia turned to me and stated in a motherly tone, which left no room for argument, "Go take a bath now, and pick a nice dress for the party."  She turned and left the room to catch her next target.

She was of course talking about the success party that the pack was having.  We have it every time we kill the rogues on our hit list.

Sveta helped me pick a nice outfit for the party.  I wore midnight blue jeans with a white chiffon top and went down to the party with Jan, who was wearing black jeans and a nice shirt.

"That Alpha has arrived.  Let's party-y-y...!" Keith screamed from the top of his lungs.  It was easy to tell that he was wasted.  That is why I avoid drinking.

The party was in full swing, the music pumping loudly.  I pulled Jan with me and we began to dance in the middle of the room with a few other people.

'Alpha, there is a call from a pack where rogues have attacked recently," Mike said through the link, interrupting Jan and my dancing. 

I immediately walked off the dance floor and walked to my office.  Jan and Cam followed close behind me.  I felt the rage building in my veins.  I seriously wanted to kill Glen right now.   He said he would never let me live in peace and I knew it.  I only just got back from killing one of the rogues, and now I have to be prepared for the next hunt.

I looked up to see Ophelia and Mike were already waiting for me in the office when I got there.  They didn't look happy.

"Which pack?" I asked, turning to Mike.

He avoiding the question and looked to Ophelia.  I really didn't like it and I growled at him in anger.

"Last time, which pack?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"Greenrock," Mike answered softly, lowering his gaze.

I froze in shock.  I heard a sharp intake of breath from Jan, and a loud growl came from Cam.  After crossing into the Waterwave pack's territory I never looked back.  It's been six years now, and I'm sure they consider me to be dead.

"How many deaths?" I asked taking in a deep breath to calm down.

"I'm sorry but I haven't collected that information, because the person who called said that he wanted to talk directly to my Alpha," Mike said remorsefully.

'You okay?' Jan asked me through the link.  I avoided answering her question because I didn't think I was ready to answer it yet.

"When will they call again?" I asked.

"Tomorrow morning.  I told him that you were out tonight," Mike answered.

I nodded at him, then turned and quickly left the room.  Jan started to follow me, but I quickly told her not to.  I left the house as fast as I could.  On the patio I shifted into my white wolf and ran quickly towards the woods.

I stopped at the shore of the sea and sat down, looking out at the water as I thought.  So Glen has now started attacking the Greenrock pack.  I didn't know how many of them had been killed, but I knew his first targets were always children and mated couples.  He always kidnaps one of the mates of a couple and tortures them, so that the other mate will feel all the pain.

I avoided contacting the Greenrock pack at all costs.  I know that Everett is the Alpha, Terence is the Beta and Egan is the third-in-command.  All of them had been my bullies when I had been a part of their pack years ago.

Going back would be a terrible shock to them.  But do I really want to go back?  I know they were bad to me, but this shouldn't be their punishment for it.  Glen can get really bad, and the children of their pack don't deserve his torment.

Whenever he attacked the previous packs he never tried to destroy their temples, but I know the Greenrock pack will be different.  It is the pack where everything started.  I'm one hundred percent sure he is going to try to destroy their temple.

I, a white wolf, was born as a Wayne.  I know I was born for the sole purpose of killing Glen Ryker, and any others who follow the path of evil, causing destruction.  I have to respect my great grandpa's blessing.  He protected the statue of the Greenrock pack with his life, and now I should do the same.

I connected with the Moon Goddess most of the time now, asking for help, and now I needed her help once again.

"Hello, Alpha Killian of the Waterwave pack here," Keith said as he picked up Everett's call the next morning.  His eyes were completely black, showing his wolf was close to the surface.  He had been against the idea of speaking with Everett, so I had had to use my Alpha tone on him to make him do it.

Jan was sitting beside me on the couch in the office, holding my hands in a tight grip.  No one in my pack was ready to talk to them.  They were silent, holding off on all the furious comments they wanted to say, only because of me.  I could have tried to hear what Everett said on the other side of the phone, but I didn't, because I couldn't handle it.

"We will call you soon with our decision," Keith said, then cut the call immediately off without even a formal goodbye.  I had to smile pleased at that.

Keith looked to me and said warmly, "You don't have to do this."

"How many deaths," I asked.

"So far twenty-three, twelve of them children," he said sadly.

A thunderously growl came from me in fury.  This has gone way too far.  One of Glen's strongest henchmen must have been working on this.  He always sends his henchmen to do his dirty work for him.  They always end up being very deadly.

"When does he want us to be there?" I asked.

"Within a week," he said, his tone showing just how uninterested he was in going there.

We always go to the pack first, and make sure that the piece is actually from the old statue and not some hoax by any other rogues.  Believe me, it has happened before.

"Call him back and tell him that we are coming," I said and started to make my way out of the office.

"But Templar..." Keith began, but I growled loudly at him, which immediately silenced him.

"Enough!" I yelled, "Twenty-three deaths.  Twenty-three innocents were killed.  All of it was done for fun.  It's where everything began.  All Ryker's have their curse because they tried to steal the statue from the Greenrock pack, and now Glen will destroy their temple, the same way he destroyed our temple!"

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath to calm down.  "Maybe they were bad to me, but they don't deserve this.  Do you want the children in their pack to go through the same hell you went through?" I asked, looking at him seriously.  "I'm going back.  Whoever wishes to come can join me," I said and turned to leave the office once again.

"I'm coming," Jan said just as I was about to step out of the office.  I turned around and smiled in thanks at her.  "I want to kick the asses of all those who bullied you."  She hugged me tightly and I hugged her back, tears in my eyes.

"Hell yeah, I don't want to miss that chance," Ben said and gave Jan a high five as she pulled away from our hug.

"I want to see the look on their faces when they see the new you," Sveta added and winked at me.

"I'm going to make sure that they regret whatever they did to you," Cam said and stood beside me.

"I'm with you, because I know what you are doing is the right thing," Ophelia said and smiled warmly at me.

Everyone either stood beside me or behind me in the office, showing their support.  It was only Keith who stood on the other side of us all.  I loved Keith to bits.  He was the person I was closest to, after Jan of course.  He meant a lot to me.  He was the best Beta, and very supportive.  He never complained about taking orders from me, though he himself was an Alpha's son.  I knew I couldn't do this without his help, but I didn't want to force him either.

"I've been in one of their dungeons, and I know how hard life can be in there.  I want the ones who treated you badly to go through that torture, but children... You are right, they don't deserve it," he said and closed his eyes with a deep breath.

He opened his eyes and they had become a much darker shade.  "But you have to promise me that you aren't going to let anything they say or do affect you.  You aren't the same Templar you one were.  Remember that.  If you don't do anything then me and everyone else who is with me, will kick their asses," he said grinning.

I smiled happily at him and hugged him tightly.  I was so glad that I have my new pack with me when I got back to face my so called old pack.  I knew I was capable enough to face them, because I'm not the human I once was.  I am a wolf now, and strong enough to kick their asses and protect myself.  Besides, it's time to face the demons from my past.

**************

So..... I hope you all liked it:D

Thanks again for the support and love, keep continuing............

Vote,

Comment,

Fan

Love you all:)

Thanks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75 0 12
I grabbed my wolfsbane kit from one of my shelves and got to work cleaning the wound. The sparks that flew up my hands as I tried to flush the wound...
2.6M 94.9K 41
"Everett" I called him when he paused in his tracks. I looked around and realized that we were right in the middle of a clearing. "Why did we stop he...
2.4M 83.5K 35
COMPLETED "All Alphas and Betas come collect your packs dorm house keys." Dax and I were making our way towards the front of the auditorium when I...
21.8K 386 54
Book 1 in the werewolf series :Jack: Now I'm infuriated. I swing my leg over her body, so that I'm straddling her waist, and pin her wrists above her...