Beyond the Cameras

By stevson97

Rory Pinnock has always had everything she has ever wanted handed to her on a silver platter. Literally. With... More

Beyond the Cameras
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 17

62 2 0
By stevson97

Chapter 17

Andrew and I finally made it inside where, luckily, no one judged you for letting your smile disappear. The paparazzi weren't allowed inside, but you still had to be careful what you said. One wrong word and some desperate C-Lister will have you sold out to E! News faster than Taylor Swift gets a new boyfriend.

Apparently I wasn't meant to keep a relaxed face for long because none other than Mr. Cassano himself walked over to us.

"My little actors! How are you two?"

He nearly skipped over to us and enveloped us in a group hug. My smile was back on even though I wanted nothing more than to massage my cheeks.

"I'm looking forward to working with you, Mr. Stamm," he nodded at Andrew then turned his attention to me. "And as for you Ms. Pinnock," he winked, "I hope to see you soon."

With that he, he sauntered off to hug and flirt with other celebrities.

"He sure is...perky," I laughed, shaking my head slightly.

"Yeah. I'm still not quite use to it," Andrew said with wide eyes.

I laughed again and patted his arm, "I'm it will get better."

"I don't know about that," I followed his stare to a platinum blonde and instantly regretted it.

Selene Dorwick's famous fake smile made its way onto her face when she caught my stare. She said something to the girl standing next her, then started walking over to Andrew and I. I was surprised to see the Platinum actually fit her look. Her normal hair color was a dark red with hints of purple, but I guess she decided to go for a different look.

"Hello Drew," she cooed, running one of her nails down his chest.

When he pulled her hand off of him she just laughed and continued on to me. That was the one thing about her that I was actually jealous of, her strong confidence. She never became embarrassed when she was rejected and she was able to laugh off any situation. Selene truly was radiant. All the more reason to hate her.

"Little Rory," she tapped my nose to get across her point. "Isn't it past your bed time?"

"Obviously not if Mr. Cassano just came up and talked to me. About his next blockbuster none the less," I shot back.

I was never very good at comebacks so hopefully that would hold her over until I could think of something good.

"Oh yeah," she smiled, never missing a beat. "I heard you were the other actress auditioning against me, but I didn't believe it. I mean," she stepped closer to me, "why would you audition for the main role of Felic's movie," one more step closer, "when you knew the role was mine?"

Selene was standing directly in front of me with a smile on her face, but fire in her eyes.

"I guess you could say I like a challenge."

"Stay out of my way," she snarled, bumping my shoulder as she walked past me.

I fought back my childish desire to stick out my tongue at her and rolled my eyes instead.

"Well that was fun," Andrew commented as the corners of his mouth slowly turned up into a smile.

"Shut up," I grumbled, ignoring Andrew's laughter.

"Come on. Lets go take our seats before someone else tries to show you up," he joked as he threw his arm over my shoulders.

****

I woke up the next morning to my alarming declaring it was 6 am.

"Ugh," I groaned, slapping the snooze button and laying back down.

I had a pounding headache and was so tired I might as well just sleep through the winter.

"Rise and shine," a voice sang.

My mom sashayed into the room with a glowing attitude and still didn't look a day over thirty. She had just as a late of a night as I did, maybe even later, but she still managed to conquer bedhead and purple rings under her eyes.

Unfortunately, I did not inherit those gifts.

"Mom," I groaned, "it's too early for this."

"Come on. Get up. You have a long day ahead and we can't afford to be late, especially when I called on such late notice."

"Called who," I asked, sitting up in my bed.

Mom wanted to do as much promo and advertising of me as she could while I was "apart of the real world" (her words).

"Central Magazine, of course. They contacted us about a month ago, wanting to get an interview from you, but you were out of town so I told them I would call when you were back in California. They have a big photoshoot this afternoon though, so that's why we have to have your hair and makeup done early so we can meet them for brunch."

I was awestruck for a moment. Central magazine wanted to interview me?

"Okay. I'm up," I grinned, hopping out of bed and into a fresh pair of clothes.

"That's the spirit."

****

I finally had the opportunity to sleep in after a long and tiring weekend. Between all day prepping (I got to see Sam!), a couple of interviews, and achingly long hours, I was worn out. It had been so long since I had had a full schedule and while it was exhausting, I actually really missed it.

Today I would be going to Felic Cassano's studio for the call backs. I had been running through my lines all morning and I was still shaking like a leaf. Mom had been giving me tips ("Why are you using that tone of voice? You're suppose to be sad, not confused. Start over.") and while they helped, if I had to hear her say 'be more expressive' one more time, I was going to choke her.

"Rory are you ready to leave? I know we don't have to be there for another hour, but between the traffic and a stop we have to make, I don't want to be late," my mom shouted from the other room.

I was looking over my outfit one more time, debating whether or not to wear sneakers (were they too casual?), when Shannon walked in.

"I booked your flight for tomorrow after lunch that way you'll have enough time to finish up any last minute things that need to be done. And Central Magazine sent over a gift basket as a thank you for the last minute interview..." she trailed off, flipping through her binder to make sure she covered everything. "Oh and wear the ballet flats."

"Thanks," I replied, checking my make up one last time, slipping on the nude shoes, and following her out of the bedroom.

I heard my phone beep and pulled it out of my pocket as we all pilled into the vehicle.

I had talked to the girls individually yesterday and they each expressed their 'good lucks' to me. It was nice to know they each had my back despite the distance between us.

Good luck today. Even though getting the part means I won't get to see you everyday, I'm still rooting for you-Noland

I smiled and typed back a thank you.

Nol had been texting me on and off all weekend. Sometimes I could reply and other times I couldn't reply until an hour or two later, and it was to tell him I couldn't talk.

Despite my attempts to talk to him about what happened at the Halloween carnival, I hadn't. I was starting to think that it probably was a misunderstanding that Cal took out of proportions because he didn't like Nol. Of course, I couldn't be sure of it, but Nol had been nothing but sweet and caring towards me. He even made special attempts to make me feel better.

I had basically decided that I was going to give Nol his lucky bracelet back and if he mentions anything about that night, fine and if he doesn't, that's fine too. I didn't need to push a topic I knew nothing about, especially when all I had were educated guesses and assumptions.

I was also going to tell Cal that he would just have to deal with me liking Nol and potentially dating him (if Nol even wanted to do the whole long distance thing). I could like who I wanted to like and that was that.

I was feeling quite empowered today even with all the nerves floating around my body. I had a feeling this was going to be a good day. And maybe, just maybe, I could get the part.

****

Bit of a filler chapter. Sorry about that, but the next chapter will be Rory's audition and then she flys back to Texas. Whoop whoop. Raise your hand if you have sorely missed Noland. *raises both hands* He'll be back next chapter as well. Like I said, the drama is just around the corner and I hope I can put it all into words. I know exactly what I want to happen, I just hope I can make it happen.
The song is 'Famous' by Big Time Rush.

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 57.1K 45
~COMPLETED~ | This story is being slowly edited. "As much as you want to plan your life, it has a way of surprising you with unexpected things that w...
256K 11.8K 29
Living in Los Angeles and finding herself in desperate need of money, Iris found it the most obvious option to try her hand at acting. Working as an...
60.1K 2.2K 36
Rory Myers is about to start junior year as a new kid. She's sixteen and... she's a triplet. Her brothers Dean and Logan won't make things easy for h...
12K 408 20
Love is the strangest thing, it never happens when you want it too. It almost never happens with who you always thought it would. The world is becomi...