The Rise To Power; A Smallvil...

By CosplayCopia

The aftermath of Lex's possession by Zod left the Luthors disheveled, to say the least. With Tyla's powers go... More

Zod
Sneeze
Guardian
Reunification
Outcome
Tranquility
Stationary
Concealed
Hydro
Justice
Red
Intrusion
Potential
Struggle
Adversary
Architype

Wilt

25 1 0
By CosplayCopia

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based on and contained from.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

"I already know what the device isn't, Dr. Groll," Lex's voice boomed as he walked back and forth in the study. He tilted to move past the designer, ignoring how she was setting up the rack of clothes that hung to the far right of the study. He tried to hide the frown on his face when Tyla had walked in but it was futile. She knew the look of disappointment too well. It was something she was used to seeing when she was giving him bad news. It wouldn't be a far guess as to the sense of the results that he was hearing. "Your job is to tell me what it is. I want a report." He hung up with a scowl that dissipated just as he saw his beloved hover near the couch. 

"A report on what?" She asked but she was met with Lex shaking his head.

"No work, remember?"

She sighed and threw her head back in annoyance. Her hand was healed, save for a dark scab that felt like it was taking its time to heal over. The wound on her side had closed up and might as well be the picture of health. With physiotherapy, she could at least be able to go out with a semblance of a normal routine. But Lex had other ideas. Clearly. She glanced over at the designer. "And this is what?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Tyla Luthor, my god," A woman with blonde highlights raced over to shake her hand when she realized that she was in the presence of not just one but both Luthors. "I'm a huge fan. You look even more radiant than in the magazines."

Tyla looked uncomfortable. She glanced over to Lex who fought back his amusement as the other woman gushed over her. "This is Monica. She's helping us pick out costumes for the charity ball," he explained. "She can help you put something together."

His wife made a face, recalling the event. "Right...because I want the next news article to comment on how sheltered I've been," she said, a little too harshly towards Lex.

He cleared his throat and looked over at the designer. "Monica, will you excuse us?" He asked. He waited for the woman to leave before he spoke again. "I take it you saw this morning's paper."

"Yeah, interesting way of stating that I'm a battered woman," Tyla scoffed. "And not a single comment from my own husband to say otherwise."

"Oh, come on, Ty," he replied. "You told me yourself not to indulge in petty news."

"That was before I became the subject of every paper and channel on this side of the globe," she waved her hand away as if to motion the world before her. "I was behind-the-scenes before.... and now I'm...gossip."

"Look, Tyla, I know. I was raised in front of the cameras. When I was 13, a reporter caught me between classes at boarding school. He asked me how I felt about my mother's death. A mic shoved in my face in front of classmates I couldn't stand...and that's how I found out she died." He walked over. "Press like this, they do anything to tear us apart just so that they can get a story."

"I...I'm just not used to being on this side," she shuttered, trying to shake off the tension that seeped into her shoulder blades. "I'm used to playing damage control. Who's going to do it for me?"

"Would you like your old team back?"

She chuckled. As much as she missed her friends back in National City, she knew that she couldn't tear them away. She was sure that one of them was even going to be promoted to Chief of Staff within the next year. "No...I know you're capable of pulling them in but...I can't have connections if I don't allow them to grow," she said, defeated. "I just miss working without the public eye on me."

****

The Luthor mansion had set up a greenhouse to the side with the number of exotic flowers that Lex had given to Tyla over the years. She didn't have the heart to throw away the bouquets, so she instead put them to the gardener to take care of. Some of the flowers would last months more than they were overdue. It was a good place to start for Clark. Lone Pine Forest was just on the border between Lex's property. With the latest happenings, he wouldn't be surprised if the billionaire had something up his sleeve. He couldn't take it up with Tyla anymore. He had to take matters into his own hands. He had sped over to the far side of the building to inspect the growing collection of plants.

He looked at a pod from one of the white flowers and he opened it up slowly, revealing a bunch of small green seeds. "These look similar to..." He muttered.

"You've always had an eye for beauty," Lex's voice made him turn around. He stood just at the entrance of the greenhouse that connected to the manor. "Its Latin name, formositas falsus." He added, coming towards him. ""Beauty that belies a dark nature" I gifted those to Tyla at our wedding." He eyed at the plant then over to Clark's hands where the pod was dissected.

"So even your plants have hidden agendas," Clark accused.

"Well, I guess it all comes down to survival of the fittest. Doesn't it?" Lex shook his head. "What are you doing here, Clark?"

"A strange vine has cropped up over the ridge at Lone Pine. It's attacking people."

"And naturally you came to my little shop of horrors to foil my ingenious plot to repopulate the planet with vegetation," Lex added, sarcastically as he moved over to the other side of the greenhouse. There, he spied the open greenhouse door. He huffed, quietly. "Sorry, Clark. I'm all out of evil. The desire to destroy the world left me once you and Tyla put a stop to it." He raised his hands as if he was in defeat. "Now I'm curious...why haven't you come to her about this? These are her plants after all."

Clark gulped. "She won't see me."

This was surprising. "Why?" Lex narrowed his eyes in suspicion. 

"She's changed," was all that he said. He didn't want to add that she changed back so that she could help him. It would delve too deep into the secrets that he was trying so hard to keep from Lex.

"And yet, here you are accusing me that I haven't," Lex replied, with a tone of disbelief. "The days of you showing up unannounced in my home are over. You're not welcome here." He glared at Clark who send a stern look back. "You found your way in; you can find your way out." He made his way back to the mansion, uncaring if Clark was going to protest or not. However, in the back of the billionaire's mind, he always knew that the friendship had an expiry date.

****

"Welcome to the First Annual Benefit Ball for the victims of Dark Thursday," Tyla spoke as she clutched the microphone with her hands. "On behalf of both Lex and I, we humbly like to thank everyone for donating and supporting the families that were affected by this disaster. As both people who have come to Metropolis in order for a fresh slate, we both have grown exceptionally fond of not only what this place had brought for us, but for the people. You are what makes this county strive for a better future."

She glanced up over to see Lex, leaning against one of the pillars in the ballroom of their home. He had a smile on his face that spoke volumes. She always had a way with words, he always knew that. He watched her as she moved her Greek goddess dress. With a golden wreath over her head and white shimmering gloves, she was a picture of goodness. It was apt considering he went with who he has named after. A roman conqueror who pillaged villages but, in a way, brought a civilization together.

"But.... you haven't come here to hear me pledge extreme amounts of gratitude." Tyla continued and the crowd chuckled. "So, I present to you, the All-American Rejects! Take it away boys." She hopped off the set and made her way towards the roman soldier that Lex had donned for the night.

"Now you fit the Muse elegantly," he complimented.

"Why thank you Alexander the Great," she hummed, leaning over to kiss him on the cheek. She had adapted it; she couldn't very well look like the muses on the Greek sculptures much to Lex's subtle protests.

The lead singer sat down at the piano and started to play, introducing a ballad. All the while, a camera shutter clicked, and a flash of light appeared in both their eyes.

Lex chuckled. "I...uh...think you may have gained a little more notoriety," he said. "After that little speech, it seems that you've effectively put me back in the good graces of Metropolis."

"Oh, Lex...you do that all on your own," Tyla said, waving over to her friends. "Besides, everyone loves an excuse to dress up." She reached down and held Lex's hand as they walked over to her little crowd. Each of them holding a glass of champagne and toasting to a party well done by the Luthors. It seemed like the event went rather smoothly until she felt Lex stiffen. He protectively put his hand on the small of her back and pulled her close. "What is it?" She murmured under her breath.

"Lex Luthor." The voice was one of extreme cockiness, no doubt attached to some sort of rich billionaire playboy to rival the host of the party. "Surprised to see that you have a woman in your arms that you don't have to inflate."

Lex snarled under his breath and turned around as the rest of the group sharing awkward glances with each other. Tyla felt the tension in Lex's grip as he quipped back. "Funny, isn't the first time I have seen you in tights, where's the tutu?" Tyla looked over and watched as a seemingly familiar blonde man dressed up as Robin Hood scowled while Lex laughed. Draped on his arm was Lois Lane looking just as uncomfortable as she. "Tyla Luthor," Lex emphasized the last name. "This is Oliver Queen. We went to boarding school together."

"Oliver Queen, yes," Tyla exclaimed to his surprise. She moved around to shake the man's hand. "I admit that was a really impressive thing you announced last week about your company. Congrats on the merger, you've made Star City a very thriving city."

Oliver raised an eyebrow. Either she had been during her research for Lex, or she was more well-versed in the business world than he thought. "Well, what's the point of all this money if you don't do anything good with it?" Oliver glanced over to Lex who glared at him. "Actually, I've heard the moving and shaking that you've been doing with Lex's company here. Your social issues are catching quite a stir. Especially with your project on securing viable food sources for the hungry. Are you going to solve poverty next?"

Tyla stammered. This was the first time that Lex heard her nervous in front of anyone. "I- don't do much," she managed to say humbly.

"You aren't LuthorCorp's shining star for nothing," Oliver complimented. "But I would like to go over some things with you. I have ideas about some of those projects that you mentioned during your last interview. But we're not here on business." He unhooked himself from Lois and offered his hand. "How about a dance?" He looked over to Lex. "You don't mind, do you, buddy?"

Lex had to keep his composure but inside he wasn't sure if he was fuming, jealous or panicking. It might have been a blend of all three. He turned to his wife. "Not at all, it's up to her really," he replied, giving her the floor. "It is a party."

She opened her mouth, about to comment on the growing tension in the air but her first instinct was merely to diffuse it. She looked over to Oliver and took his hand. "Just...one dance then," she said. "Then I would rather save the dance floor for my husband."

"Of course," Queen led her through the throng, leaving both Lex and Lois to look at each other.

"If that's a friend, I'd hate to see an enemy," Lois commented as she picked up a glass of champagne from one of the waiters who walked around. "Talked any of your old gang lately?"

He shook his head. "I'm not falling under a press trap, Miss Lane. I know you're working at the inquisitor now, enjoy the party." The last words were a bit dismissive, given that now he was preoccupied with the blonde in Oliver's arms. He moved away from the group, trying to walk off his walled up demeanor but he kept finding himself glancing over at the two dancing. He was too far away to even hear the conversation that they were having.

"I thought I would have to be a little more persuasive," Oliver said, on the dancefloor. "Lex seems to be very protective of you."

"Well, seeing as I was caught in the middle of Dark Thursday, can you blame him?" She said, noticing as his eyes seemed to darken. "The feeling might be mutual. I noticed that your satellite was the only one working that night. How's that? Solar powered?"

Oliver chuckled. "Mrs. Luthor, I thought we weren't going to talk about business," he replied.

"No, not business," she shook her head. "There was a breach in this very mansion. Lex was taken by some very unsavory people so again; you can excuse him for being a little...prickly. The interesting thing he said was that they saw him through that satellite. They owned plates that were from Star City. I don't think I need to say more of this, do you?"

Oliver tried not to frown. Suddenly, he realized that she didn't agree to the dance because she was enthralled by his charm. "I didn't mean the scare. I just wanted to see if he was dangerous." He merely said. He looked up to see Lex look over at them with a curious look on his face.

"I think that backfired," she said. "Why do you tell me what you want to know?"

"Is he a threat? A lot of damage was done."

"Damage that he's trying very hard to fix. After all, what's the point of having all this money if you don't do anything good with it?"

Oliver laughed. He heard of the Miracle Angel, never knowing what he might face. "So you're telling me that he's as ordinary as you or me?" He said. But he didn't put that as a question. In fact, it was far to say that they were ordinary. She was a woman who turned LuthorCorp from the inside out. He was a man who strove for justice through his own company, with money that he simply inherited. Who was Lex in this equation? Because this was not the man that he had grown up with in school.

*****

Tyla ran out into the front courtyard, waving as her friends drove off in the limo. Her mind was buzzing from the festivities. After a few more drinks and many dances later, she felt on top of the world. Or perhaps that was the alcohol speaking for her. She took a step back, melting into the arms of her husband. "Was this my first function with the man I love?" She mused as she looked up at him.

"Ty.... We've done many functions," he said, softly as he kissed her lips.

"But as a Luthor," she corrected. "We did good." She pulled away and lift her hands as if to present herself.

Lex chuckled, shaking his head. "That we did."

"I'm a better Luthor than all the Luthors that you know, right? Come on, say it, you were thinking it."

"I'm thinking you're drunk, and we should go back inside," He laughed, and reached over to grab her hand. Tyla hopped back and then turned away from him, undoing the laces over her white heels. Once she kicked off her shoes, she immediately raced over to the fountain. "Tyla!" He chased after her as swung her leg over to get into the fountain. "What are you doing?"

"Lex! How many times have you passed by this extremely pretentious fountain, and not once wanted to jump in here?" She said as she hoisted herself over and started to walk around the fountain, hiking her dress up.

"Never," he looked up at her.

"Never?" Her voice went up an octave in shock. It caused Lex to laugh again. "In this Kansas weather? I think you're lying." She waded one foot around the water before she dropped the dress. The white fabric fell on the water, already starting to soak. She offered her hand over to her husband. "Dance with me."

No was not in Lex's vocabulary tonight, it seemed. He grabbed her hand, and he went up to the fountain. He twirled her around and then pulled her into his arms. She coiled her arms around his neck and giggled. They swayed to the invisible music, looking into each other's eyes. "Well...now I can say that this was a first," Lex added, opening his arms to twirl her again. "The first time dancing in a "extremely pretentious" fountain under the stars with a beautiful woman who makes me ha-content."

"Content?" Tyla tilted her head, not missing the slip-of-the-tongue. "Don't tell me you don't know how to say you're happy."

"Never knew the feeling," he replied, dipping her. "Happiness is just a feeling of euphoria. It's your brain chemistry going into overdrive. That's why so many relationships fail when the honeymoon ends and reality sets in." Tyla let out a loud laugh as he pulled her up. "I'm serious, Tyla."

"Serious enough that you can define it, but you can't say it?" She teased. "Can you define romance next?"

"Look, I'd be saying everything you'd wanted to hear if you were anyone else but you're not. You're my wife." He pulled her close again, swaying her to dance again.

"So then what would you like to say to your wife? That you're happy?"

"I am," Lex declared. "I'm happy that you, Tyla have graced my presence ever since you walked into my office. And I love you." He let her go with one hand and tried to pull her back so that her back was to him, but he overshot the move. Tyla tripped on his now-regretfully long red cape, and fell. "Whoa!" He exclaimed, trying to grab her, but he fell down with her. They crashed into the water, laughing. He hovered over her, watching to see if she was okay.

At first, he worried while she still laughed. Tears were falling down her face that he thought she was injured.  

"I love you too, Lex Luthor, for all that you do." She finally said. "You have to know that you make me incredibly happy as well." She reached up to cup his face, guiding him to kiss her while they were in the water.

Lex moaned into the kiss. It was one of the more magical ones if he were one to admit it. He pulled away, noticing that the dress was completely see-through now soaked from the water. He licked his lips. She wasn't wearing anything underneath this entire time? He leaned down again and began to kiss her. It was much deeper than before. Full of passion and wanting. "Tyla," he groaned out her name as she trailed her fingers to unfasten the buckles of his costume. He nudged against the nape of her neck. "Let's take this upstairs."

"Ah!" She moaned as he nipped her skin. It sounded more like approval. He wasted no time helping her climb out of the fountain but the two of them were busy sharing kisses that it was taking forever. Lex's impatient nature took over then and picked her up. With her arms around his neck, kissing him and his arms underneath her, they slowly made their way to their bedroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 166 41
Junior year is beginning, and like the same thing every year, Jonathan and Jordan Kent want nothing more than to play football, party, and make some...
9K 293 20
Disclaimer: I don't own pics or music or show
283 1 4
What happens when Clark Kent and Jason Grace happen to meet one day? This will take place Post-BoO but Pre-THO and during Season 10 of Smallville som...
5.6K 164 6
What happened to Chloe in Lionel's world and how did Clark become a monster? Set around season 2 of Smallville, this story explores those questions...