Defined by his past ♤Legacies...

By Deya0302

The past was haunting her. The legacy her father left her was a weight on her shoulders she could never get r... More

Defined by the Past ♤
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Dearest Dad
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Season Two
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 2.2
New Book
Chapter 2.3
Chapter 2.4
Chapter 2.5
Chapter 2.6
Chapter 2.7
Chapter 2.8
Chapter 2.9
Chapter 2.10
Chapter 2.11
Chapter 2.12
Chapter 2.13
Chapter 2.14
Chapter 2.15
Chapter 2.17
Chapter 2.18
Chapter 2.19
Season 3
Chapter 3.1
Chapter 3.2
Chapter 3.3
Chapter 3.4
Chapter 3.5
Chapter 3.6
Chapter 3.7
Chapter 3.8
Chapter 3.9

Chapter 2.16

702 37 6
By Deya0302

N/A:
Because Kai was saved instead of letting him die in that anticlimactic way, there's going to be a few changes. This is where kinda differs from the show, just a little though.

Kai is fun!

It'd be interesting to see him (finally?) act like a father - if only for a couple of seconds -.

I know it takes me sometimes too long to write but I do what I can, my job is very demanding and tiring but whenever I don't feel that tired and I'm inspired, I get to write little by little until I have a chapter finished.

Currently, it's 3 am. I had a burst of inspiration so here I am.

Sometimes I don't like how the story is coming out, but I get too lazy to rewrite it specially if I already did it. These kind of chapters make me a bit self conscious but I try to capture the essence of these characters. I hope you enjoy.

And I apologize if something sucks. :)

"THERE'S A PLACE WHERE THE LOST THINGS GO"

When Kai opened his eyes, he realized he wasn't anymore at that warehouse.

He slowly stood in a sitting position from where he was lying on the floor "This is new"

As he looked around at what seemed a motel room, the crinkle of paper moving and munching was heard from behind him.

Kai turned his head away to the sound, only to come across a content Kayla sitting crisscrossed on the bed, a bag of what seemed a familiar bag of chips in her hands which she was munching on.

His daughter seemed to notice his gaze on her, looking up. "Pork rind?"

Kai had a sense of deja vu as she picked the bag, offering it to him. Hadn't he done and asked that same thing to Damon Salvatore once?

"Sure" Kai shrugged, because why not. He reached out to grab one, hand stopping mid way, looking up at her, squinting his eyes.

"It's not poisoned" Kayla reassured amused. "Vervain tastes like shit to put in a perfectly good snack"

It was not that why Kai stopped. It was because she was acting like a young him when he first met Bon-Bon and Damon. When he wasn't that screwed up yet.

It was a very different change from the grumpy pants spawn he met hours ago.

There was something different about her he couldn't quite place yet.

The only thing he could do to figure that out was to play along, "Ah, thanks for the reassurance. Wouldn't want my own tricks being played against me"

Damon, vervained alcohol bottles? Yeah, no thanks.

Kayla had on an amused smile as Kai shoved his hand to the bag for a pork rind.

"Hope you don't mind, I read about you and found out you liked this stuff" Kayla looked down at the bag, curiously, "I couldn't understand the fascination with this, considering I'm not one to eat too many snacks but, one day I decided to give them a chance and well-" she chuckled, looking back up to Kai "Now I understand why you liked this, specially when you were locked up" she fell silent momentarily, "I'm pretty sure I would have ended up being obsessed with these too if my family had succeeded on sending me to a prison world"

Kai looked up at her, clenching his jaw.

Her family did what?!

Kayla noticed his expression, waving a hand, "And no, don't worry about it! If it wasn't obvious, they didn't succeed. In fact, they failed and now they're six feet under ground, hopefully in hell. Heard that was a shitty place. Perfect for them"

"You killed them?" Kai tilted his head aside, obviously not judging.

"Like father like daughter, I suppose" Kayla shrugged, "I had a dream once, induced by a panic hallucination where I was buried alive-" Kai blinked in surprise. What? What type of life his girl lived all these years? "You came to me in that dream. Said you were proud of that, of burning them alive"

"Well, I am" Kai confirmed, nodding "I mean they deserved it, for what I'm hearing"

Kayla smiled slightly as if she knew that. "Yeah, I thought you'd say that"

Kai didn't think he was that slow, but he just put two and two together, "You're telling me about yourself. So I can get to know you"

"Isn't that what you wanted?" Kayla asked instead of confirming that. "Second chance or whatever?"

Kai frowned slightly, looking around. He still remained sitting on the floor. "Aren't you supposed to be at the school right now?"

Kayla shrugged, chewing slowly, "I'm locked in my room, mourning. They'd understand"

Kai gave her a puzzled look. "Mourning...?"

"You" Kayla said simply, munching on another pork rind. Kai blinked in realization. Kayla nodded. "Yeah. As far as Ric's concerned, you're dead" she paused, gesturing at him with the half eaten chip, "Technically speaking"

"You screwed him over" Kai said with a slow growing grin.

Kayla shrugged, "Why not? He's been constantly trying to screw over my only chances at happiness and friendship. It's only fair I return the favor by taking away from him the only chance of having his closure, don't you think?"

Kai hummed, "You're a whole new level of evilness" Kayla briefly smiled, quickly fading away right after, "I like it" he dusted his hands, using the bed as support to stand up, groaning as he stretched. "Well, you know what they say, thanks for saving my life, blah, blah, but I have things to do. Sayonara, sweetcheeks"

Kai turned around to the door, starting to walk there.

"I wouldn't if I were you" Kayla's sing song voice sounded from behind him making him stop abruptly, glancing over his shoulder with an amused smile. "Spell. Can't go out"

"Honey" Kai mocked, raising his hands. "Siphoner, still despite being a vampire. Can destroy spells"

Kayla shrugged. "Suit yourself. Don't say I didn't warn you"

Kayla leaned back on the bed, uncrossing her legs, kicking a feet up, returning to eat.

Kai rolled his eyes, returning to his fabulous exit that was being interrupted only to realize his legs wouldn't move past the door. His brows furrowed, hand touching the wall and the door, searching for a containment spell he could siphon.

Nothing.

He dropped his hands, slowly turning to face his little smart spawn.

"Okay, you got me" Kai walked to her, sitting at the edge of the bed, getting her attention. She looked both smug and amused, but also innocent. As if. "Where do you put the spell?"

"You can't tell yet?" Kayla asked, raising an eyebrow. Kai grabbed her hand, but his frown deepened when he realized she had no magic at all. "Spent every drop of magic for this spell so..."

Kai dropped her hand, scoffing but seemingly proud. "What's your evil plan then, little Kiki?" Kayla raised an eyebrow. "What? You don't like it. New nickname for you"

"I don't know, I kinda like sweetcheeks" Kayla deadpanned. "Now, you're alive because I want you to. But that can change at any time so I'd suggest you to behave"

Kai pouted, mocking a salute. "I ask again then. What do you have planned?"

Kayla tilted her head aside.

~8~

Kai didn't expect his spawn's plans for him involved shopping.

Shopping.

Somehow, Kai wasn't able to stray that far away from the girl. He had the feeling it was some sort of linking spell but it wasn't neither of them being directly affected, hence why he wasn't able to siphon it away.

Indeed she was smart.

He had to admit he was proud for that.

"So, shopping seems like a fun activity" Kai said cheerfully, glancing down at Kayla.

Kayla looked all the opposite, as if she really didn't want to be there, "I hate it"

"Then why are we here?" Kai asked with a sigh.

"I'm trying to remain awake" Kayla admitted.

Kai gave her a confused look.

Hope and the rest of the school had been forced by Ms. Tig to some sort of exercise to deal with drama, sending their consciousness to some sort of Astral plane, a world created to deal with their trauma.

Considering Hope's and Kayla's minds were linked, every couple of minutes, Kayla would feel the pull to spend her mind to the Chambre de Chasse Hope was thrown into. Kayla had been, so far able to ignore the call.

But oddly enough, Hope's mind wasn't the only one pulling at her own.

It was something different yet familiar, like a best friend she hadn't seen in a while, a shadow that accompanied her her entire life.

It'd whisper in her ears.

Come home.

Join me

Us.

Kayla thought the voice sounded too shady and creepily annoying to take it seriously.

Too much James Bond villain's vibes for her taste.

Kai looked curious and interested even more by how the girls' link worked. "So, if you lower your guard, you will be drag into that Astral plane spell? Cool"

"Yeah, wouldn't want that to happen in public right?" Kayla remarked before Kai picked a teddy bear, using its little hands to play with her hair. Kayla swatted the toy away with an annoyed scowl. "Would you stop that?"

Kai smiled. She wouldn't let him leave so she had to deal with his embarrassing behavior. "But the teddy bear wants a hug from little Kay!"

And to make matters even more embarrassing, Kai spotted a woman curiously glancing their way. A mischievous grin began to grow in his lips as he went to pinch Kayla's cheek, before pulling her into a hug, crying out how much he loved her.

Kayla struggled on his grip, which he made sure to use a little bit of his vampire strength so she wouldn't get out so easily. As he looked down at his daughter with a feigned smile of happiness just for show, he managed to get another glimpse of those black eyes and the dark veins crawling all over Kayla's face.

Crap.

This time, Kai actually put his hand on the back of her head, burying it to his chest so no one would get a glimpse of anything supernatural, his hearing picking up a few women's gushing.

"Awe, look at them!"

"That seems a good father who cares for their child"

"See, honey? You and Melissa could spend more time like that!"

Kai lead the way somewhere less populated, noticing Kayla seemed a bit more limp than usual. Suddenly, worry started to creep in.

"Kaybear?" Kai slowly lifted her head, hands cupping her cheeks. Kayla had her eyes closed. "Hey"

As soon as she opened them, her blue eyes flashed another dark color before it faded away, the dark veins retracting and disappearing.

Kayla looked a bit conflicted. "It's back"

"Who?" Kai asked curiously.

"The darkness" Kayla answered absent-mindedly, her hand briefly moving.

A wave of magic left her hand, blasting a rack of clothes, causing a fire to happen.

Unbeknownst to her that half of the Salvatore School just happened to blow up in a explosion.

Indeed the darkness returned, along side a new Josie.

Kayla's definitely going to kick her cousin's ass as told.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.3K 1.7K 38
Alex is just another kid in foster care, except when she's sleeping she can see her dead parents who she never met because they died when she was jus...
17.4K 615 19
Amelia Salvatore. The name Salvatore ring any bells? The daughter of Stefan and Caroline and the older sister of Lizzie and Josie. Join her on her j...
35.3K 831 39
Josie is leaving the Salvatore school for the young and gifted as she wants to discover who she is without the school as it's been her whole life, bu...
31K 1.2K 28
Two powerful families that were brought down by themselves, two creatures that shouldn't exist. In a chance encounter myths turned into a new reality...