The Forgotten Twin

De MARAUDERS-MAP

Delilah Potter was sick of the shadows. Ever since her first year at Hogwarts, she had been stuck behind her... Mai multe

Chapter 1 - Year 1 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 1 - Year 2 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 1 - Year 3 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 1 - Year 4 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 1 - Year 5 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Extra Scene
Chapter 1 - Year 6 Begins
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 9

26 1 0
De MARAUDERS-MAP

Delilah quickly pulled on her slippers and followed the rest of the Slytherins up into the Great Hall. The Gryffindors were already there, appearing to be explaining what had happened to the Hufflepuffs.

Delilah quickly walked up to Fred.

"What's happening?" she asked.

"Black tried to get into the Gryffindor Common Room, but since he didn't have the password, the Fat Lady wouldn't let him in. So he slashed the portrait. Dumbledore came and so they are getting all the students here and are searching the castle for him," Fred whispered.

"Oh, wow. That's... insane. Why did he want to get into the Gryffindor Common Room?" Delilah asked and Fred shrugged.

"I don't know, but you should probably go back to the Slytherins, I think they are expecting us to stay with our house."

Delilah nodded and walked back over to the corner where all the Slytherins were huddling, exchanging theories. Most were way off track, so Delilah quickly shared what had happened.

"Wow," a first-year murmured.

"Extraordinary," a fifth-year acknowledged.

The Ravenclaws came in and quickly claimed the corner straight across from the Slytherins. The Gryffindors were diagonal from the Slytherins and the Hufflepuffs were in the other corner by the Slytherins, near the door.

As soon as the Ravenclaws got situated Professor Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Flitwick closed all doors into the hall.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle. I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately," Dumbledore added to Percy, who was looking immensely proud and important. "Send word with one of the ghosts."

Professor Dumbledore paused, about to leave the hall, and said, "Oh, yes, you'll be needing..."

One casual wave of his wand and the long tables flew to the edges of the hall and stood themselves against the walls; another wave, and the floor was covered with hundreds of squashy purple sleeping bags.

"Sleep well," said Professor Dumbledore, closing the door behind him.

The hall immediately began to buzz excitedly. The Gryffindors continued spreading the news of what had happened. Delilah and the rest of the Slytherins grabbed sleeping bags. Delilah enchanted hers to be green with silver on the inside. Many other Slytherins followed her lead, some Ravenclaws also changed their sleeping bag's color.

"Everyone into their sleeping bags!" shouted Percy. "Come on, now, no more talking! Lights out in ten minutes!"

The talking quieted to whispers.

"How do you think he got in?" Daphne asked as she put her pink sleeping bag next to Delilah's.

"Well, he couldn't have flown or apparated in. He wouldn't have a wand, and you can't apparate into Hogwarts. He couldn't have flown in because the dementors would have caught him, same with walking," Delilah reasoned and Daphne nodded.

"Maybe he's an animagus or something," Daphne speculated but Delilah shook her head.

"I checked the animagi registry for McGonagall's homework, there have only been seven this decade, and Black wasn't on it, or they'd be looking for his animagus form too. I suppose he could be unregistered, but it would be very difficult to do, not to mention keep it a secret."

Daphne reluctantly agreed. "I just don't see how he did it without getting caught."

"Yes, especially since it couldn't be a disguise since those don't fool dementors. Maybe there's a secret passage into the castle," said Delilah.

"That is the only thing that makes sense," Daphne agreed.

"The lights are going out now!" Percy shouted. "I want everyone in their sleeping bags and no more talking!"

The candles all went out at once. The only light now came from the silvery ghosts, who were drifting about talking seriously to the prefects, and the enchanted ceiling, which, like the sky outside, was scattered with stars. What with that and the whispering that still filled the hall, it felt as though they were sleeping outdoors.

Once every hour, a teacher would reappear in the hall to check that everything was quiet. Delilah fell asleep after about three hours.

The school talked of nothing but Sirius Black for the next few days. The theories about how he had entered the castle became wilder and wilder; Hannah Abbott, from Hufflepuff, spent much of their next Defense Against the Dark Arts class telling anyone who'd listen that Black could turn into a flowering shrub. Alex Black disagreed, though he still didn't talk to Delilah. He seemed embarrassed about what had happened last year, with him accusing her of being Slytherin's Heir and everything.

The Gryffindors' portrait that guarded their Common Room had been replaced and all the Gryffindors were complaining about him.

"He's a complete lunatic," Finnigan muttered to Percy one day as the Slytherins were passing on their way to a class. "Can't we get anyone else?"

"None of the other pictures wanted the job," Percy informed him.

That wasn't the biggest issue in the castle though, in fact, it was minuscule compared to the others. Delilah had noticed that Harry was being closely watched. Teachers had been finding excuses to walk with him, and Percy had been tailing him. Even Harry noticed, which was saying something.

Then one day the Gryffindors were glaring at any Slytherins they saw. Apparently they just found out that they were playing Hufflepuff instead, even though it had been decided a while before.

"Pricks," one particular angry sixth-year muttered as Delilah and Draco were walking past.

Yet Delilah couldn't help smiling. Earlier that week during their Transfiguration lesson, McGonagall had announced who in their class would be part of the animagi program.

"Now, as I told you a few classes ago, I will be teaching a select group from this year to become animagi. You put your name on the list if you wanted to join, and I now have the results."

The whole class waited in anticipation as she started calling out names.

"These students please stay after class," McGonagall instructed. "Johnson, Malone, Antwhistle, Greengrass, Potter, Smith, and Hopkins."

Delilah and Daphne stayed back, grinning, when the bell rang after the lesson.

Professor McGonagall stared at them all seriously.

"Every Saturday, even on Quidditch Match days, we will meet here after lunch. The classes will happen at two o'clock sharp. The first lesson will be about safety, and then after we will start the process," she announced. "The first part of the process includes having a mandrake leaf in your mouth for a full month, a full moon to a full moon. That means you can't go kissing people or it will be transferred to their mouth and the whole process ruined. You'd no longer participate in this program."

A few people groaned at that. Delilah didn't care as much. She was too young to do that sort of thing anyway, despite what Pansy might think.

"Then you have to find a small crystal phial that receives the pure rays of the moon, put your saliva-filled leaf inside, and add one of your own hairs. The phials are already ready in a pre-disclosed area.

"After that you add a silver teaspoon of dew from a place that neither sunlight nor human feet have touched for a full seven days. Then you add the chrysalis of a Death's-head Hawk Moth to the crystal phial. Afterwards we'll put this mixture in a quiet, dark place and leave it alone until the next electrical storm. I will put them in the designated area as we can't even look at them.

"Every day after we finish the phials, you will have to place your wand tip over your heart every sunrise and sundown and speak the following incantation: 'Amato Animo Animato Animagus' until the storm.

"As soon as lightning appears in the sky, I will take you to the place where the crystal phials are hidden. Then we will all go somewhere on the grounds and transform.

"You will transform by saying 'Amato Animo Animato Animagus' and then will feel an intense pain and a second heartbeat.

"When that happens a voice will tell you something in your head, and your animagus form will appear in your mind.

"After that you will put your wand somewhere hidden so you can find it post-transformation. To return to your human form you will visualize yourself as clearly as possible. It may not work at first, but it will eventually," McGonagall explained. "Now, some of you probably do not wish to continue. If that is the case, simply do not show up this Saturday."

Some students nodded, some looked scared. Delilah, however, felt determined. She would be there after the Match. She wanted to go through with this, and nothing could convince her otherwise.

After much anticipation, it was the day before the match. The conditions weren't too favorable. The winds had reached a howling point and the rain was falling harder than ever before. The rain made the corridors and the classroom so dark that extra torches and lanterns were lit. The Slytherin team looked relieved that they weren't playing and were being extra nice to Draco.

One seventh-year that had never once looked in his direction other than at practice had offered to help them with some homework.

"You're sure you don't need any help? It wouldn't take too much time, I'm sure I could-"

"Thanks, but we need to go to Defense Against the Dark Arts," Delilah politely interrupted.

The seventh-year shrugged and left.

After that Delilah and Draco grabbed their things and walked to Lupin's classroom. They got a surprise when they walked inside. Lupin wasn't at his desk, instead, it was Professor Snape.

Everyone sat down quietly, and for the first time ever, in this class at least, they actually sat in their desks.

Just after the bell rang, Delilah raised her hand.

Snape motioned for her to speak.

"Sir, is Professor Lupin alright? This is the third time he's been gone, if you include the days he's not been at the Staff table," Delilah stated.

Professor Snape nodded. "He says he is feeling too ill to teach today, it is nothing life-threatening." He looked like he wished it was.

"Since Professor Lupin has not left any record of the topics you have covered so far, we shall discuss werewolves," Snape declared.

They were actually supposed to start hinkypunks, but no one seemed to want to correct him so they continued.

"Turn to page 394." Snape was talking in a deadly calm voice that dared anyone to argue, no one did.

The class opened their books. A few Hufflepuffs glanced at each other, confused. Professor Snape didn't miss the exchanges.

"Is there... an issue?" he asked no one in particular. A brave Hufflepuff raised their hand. "Yes?"

"We were supposed to start hinkypunks," the Hufflepuff, Ernie Macmillan, stated.

"I am teaching about werewolves, so turn to page 394. Now," Snape ordered and the class didn't argue, even though some still looked confused.

"Which of you can tell me how we distinguish between the werewolf and the true wolf?" said Professor Snape.

Most people sat in motionless silence. A few Hufflepuffs and Delilah raised their hands. Apparently she wasn't the only one that read ahead. Snape called on Delilah.

"Werewolves have a shorter snout, more human-like eyes, a tufted tail, and are more mindless than wolves," Delilah stated.

Snape nodded.

"Correct, five points to Slytherin. Today you will read and take notes on werewolves from the textbook," he instructed.

As they worked he prowled through the rows of desks.

When the bell rang, Snape held them back.

"You will each write an essay, to be handed in to me, on the ways you recognize and kill werewolves. I want two rolls of parchment on the subject, and I want them by Monday morning," he ordered and everyone sighed and groaned. He glared at the groaners and they stopped until they were out of hearing range.

"He was just filling in, he shouldn't have given us homework," Zacharias Smith, a Hufflepuff, complained.

No one paid him much attention. He was always complaining and pointing out others' faults.

The rest of the day was spent finishing homework so they left for bed at a late time.

The next morning was the Quidditch Match. Delilah got up early as usual, got dressed, and finished her homework. She finished before breakfast was ready, so she watched the lake. The storm made it turbulent so there weren't too many creatures, but she did see a school of fish pass. She even saw a merman pass, which was normal, but in the turbulence most merfolk would be in their city at the bottom of the lake.

By the time her fellow Slytherins had come up, she had seen five more schools of fish, eleven grindylows, and the giant squid had swam past twice.

Draco walked up and sat by her.

"How long have you been up?" he inquired.

"A while, I had time to finish my homework and watch six schools of fish, eleven grindylows, a merfolk, and the giant squid twice," Delilah responded.

"Wow, you have been up for a while. Want to head up to breakfast?" Draco offered and Delilah nodded.

The match would happen just after breakfast, and the storm showed no sign of stopping. The players would have to deal with it. Quidditch only stopped for giant Basilisks, and even then only if they were petrifying students.

Delilah and Draco ate and then headed out to the Quidditch stadium.

Delilah soon realized that the storm was much bigger than she had first thought. It was like giant buckets of rain that kept persisting. The whole school hurried into the stands, which didn't provide any more cover than the path to the field.

Draco and Delilah quickly squashed in the Slytherin section and huddled together under a big green umbrella.

The Gryffindors got on the field, at least Delilah thought they were the Gryffindors. She couldn't see well enough to tell which team it was, the other team walked on after a moment.

There was no way that anyone could catch a snitch in this rain. They probably couldn't even see a bludger.

Madam Hooch must have blown her whistle because the players all shot up. Delilah tried to pay attention, but she couldn't hear or see anything, even with binoculars.

After however many minutes, someone called a time out and one team went down to talk, and then after tenish minutes they headed up again.

There was another clap of thunder that was immediately followed by forked lightning. The conditions were getting dangerous.

Something odd was happening. An eerie silence was falling across the stadium. Everything went cold. The wind, though strong as ever, was forgetting to roar. It was as if someone had turned off the sound, but everything was still moving.

Then a wave of cold swept over, and some black cloaked figures drifted onto the field. At least a hundred dementors, their faces hidden, were on the field. And then, someone fell off their broom.

Dumbledore immediately caught them with magic, probably Aresto Momentum, and then cast a patronus charm.

Naturally, the person had to be Harry.

Just as Harry was falling, Cedric Diggory, the Hufflepuff seeker, caught the snitch. The game would have ended anyway, but now there wouldn't be a rematch.

Diggory tried to call it off, but he had won fair and square. Even Wood, the Gryffindor Captain and Keeper, told him that, though dejectedly.

The rest of the school quietly headed back up. As soon as they got to the castle, Delilah said goodbye to Draco and headed to the Hospital Wing. Honestly, she spent more time there for Harry than herself.

When she walked in, Ron, Hermione, and the whole Gryffindor Quidditch Team minus Wood were surrounding a bed that must be here.

"What are you doing here, snake?" one of the chasers asked, Delilah believed it was Katie Bell.

Delilah felt dejavu.

"As I've told Wood many times, I'm Harry's sister," Delilah replied with an eye roll.

"Oh," Bell immediately quieted down and Delilah stood by Fred.

"Lucky the ground was so soft," Delilah murmured.

"I thought he was dead for sure," Fred admitted.

"But he didn't even break his glasses," another chaser, Angelina Johnson, argued.

"That was the scariest thing I've ever seen in my life," Alicia Spinnet, the other chaser, admitted.

Harry's eyes snapped open.

"Harry!" said Fred. "How're you feeling?"

"What happened?" Harry asked, sitting up so suddenly everyone except Delilah gasped and flinched.

"You fell off," said Fred. "Must've been — what — fifty feet?"

"We thought you'd died," said Alicia, who was shaking.

Hermione made a small, squeaky noise.

"But the match," Harry insisted. "What happened? Are we doing a replay?"

No one said anything. After a moment Harry seemed to realize what had happened.

"We didn't — lose?"

"Diggory got the Snitch," said George. "Just after you fell. He didn't realize what had happened. When he looked back and saw you on the ground, he tried to call it off. Wanted a rematch. But they won fair and square... even Wood admits it."

"Where is Wood?" said Harry.

"Still in the showers," said Fred. "We think he's trying to drown himself.

Harry put his face to his knees, his hands gripping his hair. Fred and George started comforting Harry with statistics of how they could still win the cup. But Delilah was more focused on how pale Harry seemed.

After ten minutes or so, Madam Pomfrey came over to tell the team to leave him in peace. They promised to visit him later.

Madam Pomfrey shut the door behind them, looking disapproving. Ron and Hermione moved nearer to Harry's bed. Delilah stood to the side awkwardly. This was the first time she had actually seen Harry since that first Care of Magical Creatures lesson.

"Dumbledore was really angry," Hermione said, her voice quiaking. "I've never seen him like that before. He ran onto the field as you fell, waved his wand, and you sort of slowed down before you hit the ground. Then he whirled his wand at the dementors. Shot silver stuff at them. They left the stadium right away.... He was furious they'd come onto the grounds. We heard him —"

"Then he magicked you onto a stretcher," Ron interrupted. "And walked up to school with you floating on it. Everyone thought you were..."

Ron's voice faded.

"Did someone get my Nimbus?"

Hermione and Ron glanced at each other.

"What?" said Harry, looking from one to the other.

"Well... when you fell off, it got blown away," said Hermione hesitantly.

"And?"

"And it hit — it hit — oh, Harry — it hit the Whomping Willow."

Harry's eyes widened. He ran his hand through his hair, like he always did when he was stressed, shocked, sad, really any emotion.

"And?" he whispered.

"Well, you know the Whomping Willow," said Ron. It — it doesn't like being hit."

"Professor Flitwick brought it back just before you came around," said Hermione in a very small voice.

Slowly, Hermione grabbed a bag at her feet, turned it upside down, and tipped a dozen bits of splintered wood and twig onto the bed, the only remains of Harry's broom.

Harry just stared at it. After a few minutes Hermione and Ron left, Hermione shooting Delilah a look that said, "Fix this." The only problem was, Delilah wasn't sure how to.

"We can get you another broom, one of a better model or if you'd prefer, the same," Delilah said as he just stared at the twigs.

"Why do you even care?" Harry asked.

"You are my brother, whether you like it or not," Delilah stated, even though she knew what his retort would be.

"Yeah, the brother that, how did you phrase it, is a 'Gryffindor hero'?" Harry predictably argued.

"Yes, because even if said brother is an obnoxious Gryffindor hero, he still is my brother that I care for, even if he does try to take over my social life."

And somehow didn't notice how his actions affected others. Delilah didn't add that though.

"So you're not mad at me?" Harry checked.

"No, I am. I just also know that you are trying to look out for me. I know that some of my friends are complete and utter pricks at times, but they also can be really sweet once you get to know them. Kinda like me, I'm pretty sure that Ronald is still terrified of me," Delilah joked.

Harry didn't laugh, but he did smile.

"Okay."

Delilah knew he was still upset about his broom, but she also knew that he was relieved that she wasn't too mad at him.

"I need to go, but don't mope over your broom too much. We'll find you a better one that will last longer," Delilah promised as she left the Hospital Wing.

Delilah gave Harry a smile and headed off to hear McGonagall warn them about the dangers and restrictions of becoming animagi. 

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1K 2 52
Among the students at Hogwarts, there is one girl whose story's never been told. Eliza came to Hogwarts to learn magic and make friends but she ends...
512 21 17
Evelynn Potter has always been stuck behind her brothers shadows.. And shes sick of it. Unlike her brother shes placed in Slytherin. And unlike her b...
3.1K 45 54
"This is the student you will be tutoring. I trust you will get his grades up in a short amount of time." "No worries, Professor, you can count on m...
88.2K 2.2K 25
"Don't call me that - you - Death Eater!" Delilah screamed. Everyone gasped again. More people had gathered around. Shockingly no teachers. "Del...