Twisted Wonderland Book 3: Th...

By PinkiePieSweets

Time has passed, and Finals Week has come and gone. However, Grim, Ace, Deuce, and other students find themse... More

Chapter 1: Cramming Session
Chapter 2: Average Question
Chapter 3: Results Stacked
Chapter 4: Press-Gang Contract
Chapter 5: A Group Counterattack
Chapter 6: A Contractual Setback
Chapter 7: Observing a Foe
Chapter 8: A Baiting Duo
Chapter 10: Collateral Demanded
Chapter 11: A Contract Signed
Chapter 12: A Housing Bind
Chapter 13: A Dorm Suite
Chapter 14: Morning Heat
Chapter 15: Stardom Dreams
Chapter 16: Hasty Schemes
Chapter 17: Amateurs in the Deep
Chapter 18: Playing Cheap
Chapter 19: Wracking the Brain
Chapter 20: Two Days Remain
Chapter 21: Group Infiltration
Chapter 22: Jolting Electrification
Chapter 23: A Minor Oversight
Chapter 24: Rendezvous at Midnight
Chapter 25: A Cleaning Hint
Chapter 26: A Morning Blueprint
Chapter 27: Singing Some Praise
Chapter 28: Return of the Morays
Chapter 29: Lounge Confusion
Chapter 30: Contract Dissolution
Chapter 31: Dastardly Negotiation
Chapter 32: Moment of Realization
Chapter 33: Reduced to Naught
Chapter 34: Back in an Octopus Pot
Chapter 35: Erasing the Past
Chapter 36: Scarfing Down Fast
Chapter 37: Home at Last
Chapter 38: Museum Travelogue
Chapter 39: Octavinelle Epilogue

Chapter 9: Lounge Shorthanded

56 1 2
By PinkiePieSweets

Later that night, Briar and the others, including Jack, arrive at the Monstro Lounge. They are surprised to see how busy it is today. There are a lot of students in the lounge tonight.

"This place is hopping," Tanzanite says, amazed.

"And it's also pretty classy," Jasper says.

"And it's amazing," Briar says, astonished.

But Jack says, "Remember, you're in enemy territory here. Stay sharp at all times."

"You're right," Briar says with a nod.

Just then, Floyd and Jade appear.

Floyd happily says, "Eyyy, Little Shrimpy! Glad you could make it! I see you've got a sea urchin plus-one. Along with the Angelfish, the twin catfish, and little Plankton."

"I told you not to call me that!" Jack angrily says.

Then Jade says, "Well, well. Thank you for coming to our establishment so promptly. Welcome to the Mostro Lounge. Is this your first time dining here?"

"To be honest, it actually is," Briar says.

"We have never been here before," Sereia replies

Then Jack says, "Y'know, I've been wondering since lunch... Do you have a thing for askin' questions you already know the answers to?"

"Heh. I like to keep my bases covered," Jade says, "Now then, if you would allow me to provide you with a rundown of our establishment... The Mostro Lounge is a meeting place for gentlemen. Any quarrels with other dorms are verboten here. Students from all dorms are expected to abide by Octavinelle rules on the premises. We pride ourselves on providing a place for everyone to enjoy under the same set of rules. With that out of the way... How may I assist you today?"

"Well, I'd like to speak to Azul, the housewarden and manager here. If he's available for a talk," Briar answers.

Jack chuckles, "Heh heh heh... Very well. The manager is currently meeting with another patron. Could I ask you to wait in the lounge until such time as his schedule opens up? And lest I forget, our establishment has a one-drink minimum. You must order at least a single beverage of some variety."

He turns to where Deuce and Ace are serving drinks.

He then calmly asks, ""Sea anemone, if you could take our esteemed customer's order?"

"Sorry, I've got drinks to run," Deuce answers.

Then Ace says, "You do it! We're slammed over here! You keep making us do all the work while you're just sittin' pretty over there."

"You're talking back to me? How impressively bold for a sea anemone," Jade says.

Then uses his magic to tug on the anemones.

Ace screams, "OWWW! Geez!"

"Quit tugging our anemones!" Deuce says in pain.

Then Jade says, "Azul tasked me with instructing the new staff, so it falls to me to instill proper discipline in those who fail to respect authority."

Deuce continues screaming in pain, "Ow ow ow ow ow! Okay, okay! I get it!"

"Hold on a minute, don't you both think you're going a bit overboard here! I mean, they're doing the best they can to work here," Briar says.

However, Jade says, "Ah, but you must understand. As I just finished explaining, here in the lounge, everyone must follow our rules.

Then Floyd says, "And according to the rules, we're allowed to squeeze problem employees who don't do as they're told!"

Jack crosses his arms with a scowl expression, "Tch... You're just makin' a show out of hazing the rookies in front of us. It's making me sick."

"Is that your way of offering to take their place helpin' out around the lounge?" Floyd questions.

Ace smiles to hear it and says, "Ooh, that's a great idea! I second that proposal! All in favor? Aye! The ayes have it! Briar, Jack, and the others are hereby nominated temporary assistants, effective immediately!"

Jack becomes baffled, "Hey, what're you tryin' to pull?!"

But Jade says, "We're not picky, really. We'll take anyone, as long as they're willing to pull their weight."

"You guys wouldn't want to get kicked out of the place, right?" Deuce replies.

Then Ace says, "I'm runnin' on fumes here, and Grim's in the back, up to his eyeballs in soap from dish washing."

"They're what?!" Briar exclaims in shock.

Then Ace says, "C'mon, be a couple of pals and help us out."

Annoyed, Jack says, "...Tch... Fine, whatever. The sooner we wrap up our business here, the sooner I can go back to my dorm and catch a few winks.

"What? Dude, it's barely nine. What time do you go to bed?" Ace questions.

"I'm always tucked in by ten," Jack answers.

Ace is amazed, "Whoa, we got a serious model student over here!"

Just then, Floyd says, "So I can put the Little Shrimpy, the Angelfish, the twin catfishes and Sea Urchin down for helping out with a shift, yeah? Perf. You can start by running these drinks to table three."

"This is going to be a long night," Briar mutters to herself.

Then Floyd passes Briar a tray of drinks, "Now then, time for you to get to work."

"Uh okay..." Briar replies and takes the tray.

Then Jade says, "Don't keep our customers waiting, now." Then turns to Jack, "And Jack, try not to scowl so when interacting with clientele."

Ace scoffs, "Pffft! A scowl like that would have anyone running for the hills!"

Thus makes Jack angry, "What? I'm not scowling," and glares at Ace.

Then Floyd says, "Hey, no slackin' off boys. I'm keepin' an eye on you."

"Yeah yeah," Jack mutters.

And with that, the group begins to serve the customers, asking for their orders, and giving them their drinks and food they like. Ace and Deuce are tired, but not as much because they are now getting some help. Since Briar is used to helping out with her aunt's catering business, she helps serve people food and drinks when it happens on weekends. Briar also gives them some advice on how to serve people.

Deuce says in relief, "It's a lot easier with you helping, guys."

"Yeah, I thought you'd bungle it, but you're doing pretty well," Ace says.

"It's not that hard once you learn what to do. And Briar's been givin' me pointers, too," Jack says.

Briar blushes, "Well, I got some advice from my aunt Diana and her friends who worked in the catering business. In a way, it's thanks to her for how I act towards the guests."

Just then, Jade says, "Ha ha. Keep up the good work."

Jack glares at the twins.

Briar calmly says, "Calm down Jack, let's just continue working and help working."

"Fine," Jack replies.

And the group continues working on serving food and drinks to the customers. It's a lot of work, but it's kind of interesting to work in a place like Monster Lounge Cafe. It also looks very nice. Time has gone by, and the group of friends are somewhat tired, but Jack and Jasper are still full of energy.

"We've put in all the outstanding orders," Jack says, confidently.

"And it wore us to the bone in the process..." Deuce says, tiredly.

"Wow, nice job. That means you're still up for more?" Floyd says with a smug smile.

Then Jade says, "In that case, you can get to washing dishes, serving food, and making drinks."

Everyone becomes shocked to hear that, especially Ace and Deuce.

This makes Jake irritated, "Have mercy on a guy, will ya?"

Time has passed and after having to do more work, the group is rather tired from doing it. At least, they're finally finished. Soon, the crowd has died down so they're able to take things easy.

Jack sighs, "Phew. The crowds're finally dying down."

"You practically put that rush in a headlock and gave it a noogie! 'Preciate the helping hand, Little Shrimpy and pal," Floyd happily says.

Jasper mutters, "Is that supposed to be sarcasm or something."

Suddenly, they all hear clapping and turn to see Azul, the housewarden of Octavinelle slowly clap his hands.

"You got a veritable madhouse of customers under control. Most impressive indeed," Azul says with a smile.

"Oh um, thank you. I suppose," Briar says.

Jack grows bitter, "Azul!"

Sereia and Trinket who do their best to calm them down.

Then Azul says, "My apologies for the wait. The VIP room is ready now. Right this way, if you would."

Then turns to the twins, "Jade. Floyd. Get our customers some tea."

"Right away, sir," Jade and Floyd answer.

Then the boys take their leave to do just that.

Azul turns to Briar and the others and says, "Please, right this way."

"Um okay," Briar replies.

Everyone begins to follow Azul through the lounge and to the VIP room for them to talk. Briar knows that she needs to be brave and knows that she needs to do this to save everything who's been signed to the mess they have.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

656 22 10
𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚕𝚕-𝚋𝚘𝚢𝚜 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚍𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗...
71.5K 3.4K 35
[𝐓𝐖𝐒𝐓 𝐱 𝐌!𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑] Discontinued! [BEST RANKINGS:] -1 in 'malleusdraconia' (12-6-22) -1 in 'enmayuuken' (02-23-23) -2 in gamexreader (02-2...
2.9K 79 39
(Black Butler x Twisted Wonderland) Some time after the events of the Spelldrive, the time has arrived for Ciel and his friends to take their final e...
5.2K 271 9
sʜᴏᴡ ᴏɴ ᴀɪʀ... [𝙍𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙- 𝙏𝙑 14] • Violence • ████ • l̶҉̰͚͖͕̍̈́̅͗̏̇͢͜͜͝ıǝs҉̝̭̦͚̑ͯ̌͡? ᶠᵘⁿ ᶠᵘⁿ ԲυՈ [...