The Kuran Twins (Vampire Knig...

By Tsukino_Kimiko

There was a legend foretold on a particular family of Pureblooded vampires. Said family was the descendant of... More

Chapter 1: How it all began I
Chapter 2: How it all began II
Chapter 3: Who are you?
Chapter 4: Departure to Cross Academy
Chapter 5: Arrival
Chapter 6: Disciplinary Committee
Chapter 7: First day I
Chapter 8: First day II
Chapter 9: Hello Night Class and Curry?
Chapter 10: Mission
Chapter 11: Back Again, To Where It All Began
Chapter 12: Rido Kuran
Chapter 13: Back
Chapter 14: Sleepless
Chapter 16: Grocery Trouble II
Chapter 17: Wild Heart
Chapter 18: Moon Party
Chapter 19: Birthday Party?
Takuma's Gift: Special Chapter
Chapter 20: Damn Cake!
Chapter 21: Don't You Dare Hurt Him!
Chapter 22: His Saviour
Chapter 23: Jealousy I
Author's Note
Halloween Special: Let's Go To The Queen's Castle!
Chapter 24: Jealousy II
Chapter 25: Wrong Room?
Chapter 26: Decision
Chapter 27: Back
Chapter 28: Untitled
Chapter 29: Ichijo Asato
Chapter 30: Zero's First Mission
Chapter 31: Shall We?
Chapter 32: A Flash of Memories

Chapter 15: Grocery Trouble

11.7K 420 58
By Tsukino_Kimiko

(Kimiko's Pov)

"Hmm..." I forced my eyes to open, and what greets me is a pair of red-ish brown eyes, of a certain Pureblood.

"Kaname?" I muttered, quite confuse on why we're lying at same bed, while his arm is around my waist. He only hummed in reply. I think he's enjoying this. I've never seen him so...relax and off-guard. Well, to be fair, I don't see him much often to know.

"How long?" It was a short question because I'm not used in keeping a long conversation.

"The whole day" His answers are also short. I guess we do have something in common.

I took a peek at his back to look at the huge window behind only for me to see the full moon. He's telling the truth.

But how can I sleep the whole day? And so soundless. The nightmare didn't visited me. Is it because of him?

"I need to go back" I tried to escape from his embrace but it was futile his grip on me is thight. My eyes slightly narrowed and stare blankly at him.

"Do you want to die?" I titled my head but he only chuckled. "I'm afraid I've been long dead, My dear."

"The night has already taken it's place. Why don't you go back to sleep? You seem tired." But I just woke up.

As if he was reading my mind he said. "I know you just woke up. And I also know you haven't sleep peacefully since you came back from your mission."

"Were you stalking me?"

"Stalking is a strong word. I much prefer...observing?" I mentally face palm myself.

"Same thing." I said with a confuse frown. He softly laugh as he caressed my hair.

"I know. Now go back to sleep, I'll be here to guard you. And also be at ease that I won't bite you" It's like his words are a spell which made me tired. I unconsciously leaned my head on his chest and sigh in full bliss. He's warm for a vampire

***

(Third Person's Pov)

"Kimiko-san! We've been looking everywhere for you since yesterday" Yuki exclaimed in worry as soon as she spotted her walking towards them, Yuki and Sayori.

"Business" One word and it shut her up. Yuki knew she shouldn't have asked.

"Oh yeah. Haha...guess I freaked out of nothing, silly me" Yuki awkwardly rubbed her head.

"It's fine. I was notified by Kaien to go to his office with you because he knows that you're looking for me" She said nonchalantly. Kimiko stare at Sayori as if she was giving her a silent message.

Sayori is smart enough to notice the message as she nodded. "I better get going now. See you again tomorrow Yuki, Kimiko-san"

"Y-yeah haha. See you tomorrow Yori-chan" Yuki waved goodbye to her.

Kimiko didn't wait any longer so she walked away. Yuki noticed that she's already walking away so she sprinted to catch up with her.

"M-matte Kimiko-san!"

Kimiko stopped on her tracks and waited until Yuki is besides her, much to Yuki's surprise.

"She never waited for me to catch up with her" Yuki thought curiously. Kimiko's aura is definitely unusual today.

"Kimiko-san?"

"Hm?"

"You're in good mood today aren't you?"

"Hm"

"I'll take that as a yes?" Yuki sweat dropped.

"Her laziness is killing me"

***

"Ahh~ You girls finally arrived. Zero's been a real grumpy pants for waiting" Kaien said childishly.

"Who're you calling grumpy pants?" Zero grumbled in annoyance.

"See~"

"Headmaster, what is it that you called us for?" Kimiko asked, straight to the point.

Kaien hummed happily as he opened his drawer and pulled out a paper.

"It's really nothing of an importance. It's just I noticed the fridge is almost empty so I want you children to go grocery for me" He said enthusiastically, you can almost see flowers blooming behind him.

"You called all of us just for some grocery?" Zero groaned and glared at his idiotic adopted father.

"Maa~ don't be upset Zero-kun. You kids can go shopping and visit some cafes if you'd like." He said as he handed Yuki and Zero a small envelop.

"And Kimiko-chan, your parents told me to give your weekly allowance. And also the council were pleased by your work, so they give some extra token" He mused, handing her a fat envelop.

Yuki and Zero sweat dropped, comparing their allowance to hers.

"I'll message them after we're done. Thank you, Kaien" Kimiko said sincerely.

Kaien waved off his hand in a flustered manner. "Haha, don't mention it, Kimiko-chan. I'm just a deliver"

"Now you kids can go enjoy yourselves. Also don't forget to bring your weapons just in case. And whatever you do, do not split up, or else you might get attack, ok?" Kaien reminded them. The three nodded and left.

***

"Hmmm...I wonder if we can eat some sweets after dinner" Yuki thought loudly.

"Should we buy some pastries or make it at home?" She asked Zero, who's carrying a sack and paper bag.

"Do whatever you want as long as it doesn't kill us" He silently scoffed, remembering Yuki's hellish cooking.

"How about you, Kimiko-chan? Do we buy some or make it ourselves" Yuki asked the aloof hunter.

"Homemade goods are more safer" She said.

"Alright it's decided! We should bake some cake later"

Zero almost fainted on the spot. "Do you realized what you've just said?!"

"I'll buy the ingredients. You two can wait for me at that coffee shop" Kimiko said pointing at the nearest shop as she handed Yuki the paper bags she was carrying.

"Alright. Would you want us to order for you?" Yuki suggested.

"Espresso" She said and turned away to go back to the market.

"Does Kimiko-san even likes sweets?" Yuki asked Zero who shrugged.

"Oh well, let's go inside, my feet are killing me" The two students sat at a table near the window and sigh in relief. Yuki called out a waitress and ordered some snacks.

"I'll get the strawberry ice cream tower special and a lemon merengue. Oh and also a cup of expresso and a blueberry cheesecake. What's your Zero?"

"Just coffee" He said. Yuki nodded told it to the waitress. The waitress listed down their orders and finalized them.

"Ma'am would like to wait for 10 minutes for the lemon merengue? The chef just made a new batch a while ago." The waitress asked politely. "Oh it's fine, we're also waiting for our friend" Yuki said.

"Alright. If there's nothing more, please excuse me" She said with a bow and left. Yuki and Zero relaxed themselves while waiting for their orders.

***

Kimiko came back towards the said coffee shop. In her hands are at least 3 plastic bags and 2 paper bags as she carried them in ease and sweat less.

She pushed the glass door open at the same time the bell softly jingle, announcing an arrival. A waiter asked if she needed a table, which she declined as she searched for her companions.

"Kimiko-san over here!" Yuki called and waved her hand at their table. Zero stood up and lend her hand at carrying the stuffs she bought. Kimiko nodded in gratitude.

"You're just in time for the orders to arrive. Here I also ordered you some blueberry cheesecake. I thought an espresso wasn't that fulfilling" She sheepishly said, rubbing the back of her head.

"Thank you" Kimiko said and sat next to Zero, which he didn't mind. Kimiko relaxed herself in contentment while sipping her espresso. She stare at the cake Yuki bought for her for a while before stabbing it with a fork.

"It's good" She mumbled. Kimiko has a sweet tooth, which is very surprising. Unfortunately she doesn't get to eat a lot of sweets because of training and missions. But now, she can eat anything she wants, making her extremely happy.

Yuki and Zero noticed how Kimiko's face changed slightly every time she took a bite of the cake and find it very shocking and cute.

"Hehe You really like sweets don't you, Kimiko-san?" Kimiko only hummed in answer, causing Yuki to sweat drop.

"A-ano. Are you guys from Cross Academy?" A young waitress suddenly came up to them and asked.

"H-huh? Umm yes we are" Yuki answered her in quite worry. "I don't have a good feeling about this"

Kimiko stopped from eating and coldly stare at the naive waitress.

"Hontoni? Are the two of you from the Night Class? You see there's a guy there name Aido and he came here often. He's very handsome with blonde and blue eyes. Can you tell me if he has a number or-"

Blag!

Zero slammed his hands on the table, startling the girls, except Kimiko, and left.

"M-matte Zero!" Yuki ran out to chase for him, leaving Kimiko and the confused waitress. The waitress saw that Kimiko was left so she bombarded her with question.

"Pathetic" Kimiko coldly stated. The waitress flinched from her coldness and almost fainted when her eyes met Kimiko's icy glare.

The girl trembled from her place until she collapse. The other waitress that served Yuki a while ago came back frantically and bowed at Kimiko.

"I-I apologize for her lack of virtue. Please don't take it personally" She stay bowing until she heard Kimiko stood up and left after she put down the bill on the table.

Both waitress sigh in relief after she left. The older waitress scolded and lectured the younger one until she fired her.

***

Updated on: November 26, 2016

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 709 11
VAMPIRE KNIGHT. Purebloods have reigned over the vampire society for centuries. And now? She will take her rightful place as Queen. [DISCONTINUED]
32.7K 764 21
They cursed my existence from the moment they saw my eyes, Why? I never understood the reason. My red and blue eyes were always hated by my 'family'...
1K 49 10
Motivation is all a person needs to achieve. Especially when you're becoming a hunter. Her name was Asami Domen. She was destined to be a hunter sinc...
5.2K 54 32
Zero Kiryuu had buried his childhood memories, choosing to forget them. But what happens when an old childhood friend returns to his side and reminds...