HER KNIGHT. IsabelaxFeMreader

Door Kumase_Kurushii

Prizma the title awarded to most powerful mages and masters of their Aura Nature. Only one prizma can exist a... Meer

A/N
The Beginning
Mages and Knights
Daemon Extermination Arc
Encanto
A Duel
Calm Before Storm
The Return
Matching Pieces
A/n

Knight's Selection

107 6 0
Door Kumase_Kurushii

The trumpets were blown in tune as the knight selection was about to start. I decided to wear a white tunic, a black pants and a knight boots as the undergear for the armour. I didn't wear full armor like the rest but only a chestplate, a gaudlet and a gloves and a belt for my sword.

I was waiting inside my tent when Mirabel and others cheered me.

"Are you sure you won't need a helmet?" -Mirabel
"Or an shin protector?" -Rapunzel
"Going feral, I like it," -Merida
"Less armor more mobility but you need it to be safe,"- Mulan

"Its fine guys," Mariano emerges from the back wearing a full plate armour. "We have our own style," he then patted me like a big brother.

"Well doesnt it bother you that a 15 year old is wearing less armour than yours?" Rapunzel argued like a mom.

"Nope, its her style. Now if you excuse me I'll greet my sweetheart," he then turned to face. The girl that toured me. She shot us a digusted glare as she face Mariano smiling.

"Ugh, why is he with that bitch," Merida said rolling her eyes.

"Hey, that is my sister.... but yeah she's a bitch,"Mirabel said as we looked at her.

"Seriously? You two are related?," Rapunzel questioned.

"Clearly, two peas in a pod but your sister's personality is rotten," Mulan rolled her eyes as she scoffed.

I glanced at them with the girl rolling her eyes at me.

I can feel my nerves twitching but I calm myself down. No use in being agitated before an important match.

She then walked towards us when Mariano left the tent. "I cant believe you found a loser club sister...hi again low class knight," she said she walked pass us.

"Actually, this is what you call true friends-" Mirabel shot back as I stopped her.

"It's not worth it," I told her as she pouted. "How about this... if I or Mariano defeated all of the opponents and took the first place and second place then... she won't complain right? Afterall there are elite knights in the roster." I smiled as they cheered.

We all huddled and shouted.
THATS A PROMISE.
.
.
.
.
.
The announcer greeted the faculty, the audience and lastly the mage students. He also announce the roster which I'll be on the roster B while Mariano is in the A.

"Guess we need to clean the roster before we fight for real," he chuckled as I shrugged.

"As long as one of us took the top place I don't mind," I said.

It was Mariano's turn, soon enough. He was matched with a guy named Friedrich, a noble from the west.

The fight didn't exceed an hour, he soon finished it within 50 minutes. That is a new record. I said as people cheered for him.

I forgot that Mariano is painstakingly popular.

My fight was due on lunch, probably no one will watch. Except for the four girls and Mariano.

I heard my name was called as I entered the arena. It was dusty and sweltering hot. I was matched to fight Leonardo Cicilion, a child of a fragment knight.

This would be interesting.

"Ready?"

*whistles*

BEGIN!

He dashed to me swinging a polearm. I untied the scabbard from my back blocking the polearm with it.

*Ting*

It sounded all throughout the arena.

*Third person's pov*

Mariano who watched the first move of Eksa's opponent, stood up and began to leave.

"Where are you going?" Mirabel asked Mariano as he simply said.

"It's over."

The four looked at him confused, when they saw Eksa twist her body inward holding the polearm as leverage and kicking the opponent's jaw, then swiftly hit his nape, effectively knocking him out.

MATCH WINNER IS EKSA.

Few people was shell shocked, the match ended as fast as it began. Eksa just exits, her name gone up the rooster. Her next match is scheduled at noon. She then greets her dumbfounded friends as they get some grub to eat.

Mariano just shook his head and ate his burger not surprised by Eksa's winning. But it made him felt a bit jealous, the younger girl finish a match within 10 minutes.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

His match was scheduled after lunch by 2pm the next day as Eksa is due on 4pm.

They both won on their roster and finally the semifinal is in motion. He stared at the young girl as she ate her food. She looks happy and stronger than last time. Is it possible to improve in a short while? He pondered.

He then bid his friends "later" as his match was about to start in 30 minutes.

Of course they rushed through the benchers to watch him fight. His next oponent is Talib, a warrior from the pacific. He uses a spear.

Mariano gripped his claymore.

The match begin by Mariano keeping distance as Talib bombarded him with fluid trusts. Mariano dodge the spear and block for most parts but he was shoved in the wall. Spear barely missing by hair's breath on his neck, dodging to the side.

Damn it, how can I break his attack. Mariano looked at his opponent analyzing when he remembered his spar with Eksa.

'You always focus on the scythe,' Eksa noted as she twirl it. For only two weeks, she is on par with an elite scythemaster.

'Then what should I do I'm using a claymore, damn it' Mariano sighed frustrated.

'You have two options' she twirled the scythe.

'Find the pattern and look for the opening then distrup it.' Or," she pointed the scythe at Mariano.

"Get close to make the opponent unable to wield the scythe freely,"

Mariano dodge back as the crowd boo'ed and call him a chicken.

"Is he gonna be alright?" Rapunzel worried as Mirabel hold her breath.

"I don't like my sister that much but I don't want her to marry a cubed man!"

"He's getting cornered down there," Merida pointed out as Mariano goes back to blocking.

"He's thinking," Mulan said as she observed
Mariano's eyes.

"Mariano's observing things other than the weapon that's good," Eksa said as she sees her classmate struggle.

Just then Mariano dashed straight to his opponent's after dodging the huge swing and got in to his face in a moment with claymore on his neck.

MATCH- MARIANO GUZMAN WINS.

'I may not specialize in agility and battle tactics... but her drills prepared me for someone like you,' Mariano thought.

After an intense battle that lasted for 2 hours, Mariano gasps on the bleachers as his girlfriend attends to him."Are you ok," she asks as he waved that he is fine.

She didn't expect he would win as Talib is one of the spear experts of Vert, has an overall ranking of 4 lower than the 3rd Lancelot and the top duo Arthur swordsman of Bleu and Don Quixote swordsman of Violette.

"Yes, mi amor. I had a friend to help me. If they didn't spar with me every night then I'll probably lose," he laughed as the girl interest has been piqued.

"Who is that?" She asked as the area had been occupied by Lancelot and the third rate swordswoman.

"That third rate knight will not survive," she noted as Mariano chuckled.

"Mi amor, do you believe in people blessed by War God?" Mariano said as the match began.

Eksa and Lancelot observed one another, circling around the arena when both of them dashed as their swords collided.

The girl redirected the force on the side as she kicked his abdomen qiming for his vitals.

"Urk," Lancelot grunted coughing blood, he fell back but he cushioned his fall in time with his hands. Attempted to kick Eksa's face... she blocked as he regained his footing.

The crowds wowed as the two knights go head to head. But both of them got each other countered.

"Not bad for a kid," Lancelot said gasping.

"I could say the same to you," Eksa responded as Lancelot scoffed.

"It really annoys me that you did not unsheathe your sword. But I guess each on their own! I'll make you draw it," He then used angled strike making an asterisk with his sword as Eksa blocked but it was bit too much as she stepped back.Her cheeks bled.

'He's like unbridled horse,' she thought... he's using a self buff on speed and strength... making his moves unpredictable and wild. She sighed as she started to use her footwork to dodge while observing the dancing blades being thrown to her.

She got more wounds as she attempted to move closer. It was a losing battle for the untrained eyes but for Mariano. It was a path to victory.

"There," she siezed the second that the blade stretched near her eyes dodging it and moving to the side hitting Lancelot's hand with a single slash imbued with strengthening power.

"Ow!" He kneeled in pain as the blade was drawn on his neck. The crowd grow silent as the announcer stuttered.

M-...MATCH - EKSA

"You-" Lancelot stuttered as he looked up to her leaving. "You... never took this match seriously.... who are you?"

"Rouge knight class 4th year, Eksa," she said simply and left. With cheers erupting on the side.

Mariano laughed as he stood up. "Even now she still don't take the match seriously,Truly blessed with Rouge blood."

The girl looked at his boyfriend as he left.

*Y/Ns Pov*

I sighed as Rupunzel healed my wounds while Merida burns holes in me by staring. Mirabel decided to be a mom lecturing me about doing something that is dangerous and Mulan stating it was a good strategy.

"You still kept your sword unsheathed," Mariano commented as the sword repairs itself.

"It's too dangerous," I commented.

"There is no such thing as safe sword, every sword is dangerous. Also the observers seemed to allow you to use that so why not use it." He reasoned.

"Are you going to continue dodging and blocking with that... I heard your final opponent is the Top knight. Arthur." He added as I sighed.

"Arthur Pendragon," his father is one of my classmates in the masterclass. Under the sage Merlin. He did achieve his way in sword by the time I was two and Gregory is five.

Gregory then soon catch up by mastering the way of the sword by his sixth birthday and honed it until he's 8 earning the title of the youngest swordsman and claiming the PrizmaRouge.

I wasn't paying much attention at the physical capabilities as my mana filled my lack of it. So I mastered the swordsmanship little late, I was 10 and five years later. Merlin then left to tutor Arthur to become the next king.

I guess Merlin did a great job as always if his fourth student is garnered as a prodigy.

"Maybe...I will unsheathe the sword, In the final match," All of them looked at me with a mixture of curiosity and shock.

"Well done," Mariano patted me as he got up. "I will practice in the remaining time and rest for the finals tomorrow,"

"It's Don Quixote, are you sure you don't want a sparring partner." I asked him as he waved me off.

"I'm trying to perfect this technique so. I need a time for myself," he then disappeared as I shrugged.

We then go separate ways since the girls wanted to grab some food and watch other matches while I decided to train some more.

I imagined Merlin as my opponent as I dodge his magical attacks and then his sword. I breathed for 10 seconds and I hold it while doing various sword techniques. Disarming slash, Redirecting motion, fluid trusts and slashes and... disappearing blade.

I did the technique four times before I'm gasping for air. I need to hold out a bit more if I need to defeat the remaining opponents.

I was about to turn and leave, drenched in sweat when I felt a presence behind me casting a soundproof area.

"Noir," the old man said as he chuckled.

"Merlin," I greeted him.

"It's been so long my student, I heard you are fulfilling Garandal's selfish will. Ho ho ho" He laughed.

"Yeah, that old man just need to get on my nerves even after he croaked." I scoffed. "You are watching me?" I ask him as he nodded.

"You have improved greatly. I wonder what will be your latest capability reading when you release those restraints." He then turned. "Please get along well with Arthur in the arena."

"Sounds like you're telling me that he's a problem child." I glanced at him as he grinned.

"I think that with the restraints placed on you. You are in the same level as him or he exceeds you by a small margin. Take care of Baal," He then cancelled the area and left.

"I think your creator is worried about you," I patted Baal on my back as it grew warm, probably because I'm letting it bathe with my used vincula gems... filled with my excess mana.

It was night time when I returned to grab some dinner. It was chicken night so I filled myself with chicken and rice. I saw Mariano with a dead face as he also returned from training.

"How's your training?" I asked him as he scrunches his brows.

"I'm almost there but... I'll think I'll be able to perfect it tomorrow," he beamed.

"Good," I said filling my third plate.

"Are you ok? You seemed to be eating too much," He said as I ate the wings.

"I trained myself in endurance earlier. It drains me enough to eat like this." I groaned.

"Well its good that you are replenishing your energy," He patted my head.

"Mariano stop patronizing me," I grumbled as he grinned.

"Why not? You're the one who is younger than me," He puffed his chest.

"Old man," I shot back as he argued that he's not old and I'm just a kid.

We teased each other until we arrived at the common room.

"Goodluck tomorrow," I wished him

"Goodluck to us,"

Tomorrow will be another day of fighting.

- .-.-.--.-.-
*Third person's pov*

The sun shined bright as the final day of knight selection dawned in Sigilicht wizarding university.It was finals of both roster, Mariano donned his fixed armor and entered the arena.

Eksa and others gone to the bleacher buying drinks and food.

"Who do you think will win?" Mirabel asked.

"Mariano,"- Rapunzel

"Don Quixote"- Merida

"Tie," -Mulan

"Unknown for now," - Eksa.

"What, why are you three not supportive?" Rapunzel sighed in disappointment.

"Because Don Quixote never have lost once," Merida said.

"Mariano is powerful but he is a bit short on speed," Mulan said. "Unless he maintain the speed akin to the last match then, he will have a chance."

"I agree with Mulan," Eksa said as she leaned on the railing. She only heard the name Don Quixote once and it was from the rumors of PrizmaViolette and him having such relationships, three years ago.

'Don Quixote? You mean PrizmaViolette's lover and her unofficial fragment?'

'Shhh! The sages might hear you,'

'Is it true though?'

'Its a rumor but some rumors have truth in it.'

'Did PrizmaViolette denied that speculation,'

'Thats the problem... she did not,'

Eksa sighed. If he is truly a fragment... Mariano might not have a chance entirely.She focused on the match as they both readied their gear.

They are both swordsman so it might come down to strength and stamina...

The two clashed, sounds of steel began filling up the arena. Both of them threw heavy blow after blow. "Tied," Mulan said. As the both swordsman struggle to land a definitive hit.

Until a surge of red aura engulfed Mariano.

'I've been practicing this.' He held his sword buffing it and his body simultaneously. Gaining the upper hand in the second half, he swung his swords in a precise and fluid motion.

"An Aura knight," Eksa said. Others looked at her.

"Aura knight what is that?" Merida asked as Mirabel continued. "Is that the red thing?"

"Aura knight is a knight that buffs and strengthen their physical ability with their mana," Eksa informed them. "Normally, its hard to grasp and utilize but he had learned to do it in a course of two months, impressive."

"Then Mariano has a chance now," Rapunzel beamed as Mulan cut her optimism off.

"But Don Quixote can also." She said as Don Quixote buffed himself.

A purple aura oozed on his arms then engulfed his entire being, changing his lanky body to a ideal knight.

Eksa crushed her glass. "That is?! Delusion," she gritted her teeth. That damn witch gave her power and making a student who still in practice a fragment!

"Delusion?" They again asked Eksa.

Eksa give them a dim gaze. "I read it in an old library before coming here. Delusion is one of the abilities that was bestowed by PrizmaViolette... to her fragment,"

The four gasp. Mariano is in danger!

Mariano gasp as he became battered by the former Lanky Don Quixote now a knight of illusion. Shit.

He can only dodge but as his aura depleted it is becoming hard to move. He tripped while in mid dodge.

The sword was aiming his neck....

I can't move.

Suddenly, a bright light flashed and disabled Don Quixote, saving Mariano in the nick of time.

"That is enough!" His authoritive voice boomed in every corner of the arena. "Why is a fragment of a Prizma participating in the Knight selection?!"

Don Quixote cowered in fear as Merlin brought him to the office. "This match is void and the other boy is classified as a Winner,"

The girls then rushed to their fallen friend. With Eksa hitting his head. "You should have shouted for clarity! the moment you noticed that he's doing something weird."

He laughed and falls unconscious as the paramedic brought him to the clinic.

After the disastrous 1st match, the knight selection continued, under the watchful eye of Merlin.It was time for Eksa vs Arthur.

*Y/n pov*

I wore different outfit for today. I put together some of the leather training armor, which is lighter than the steel plate I've been wearing. It is composed of a leather chest plate, calfs armour and gauntlet. It is similar to a thief armor. I securely put Baal in the back.

I then stared at the fully armed boy across the arena drawing a pure white with gold trimmings longsword.That is... one of holy treasures. Excalibur.

He then started to put on a stance. I mirrored him but in different stance with me holding Baal's handle.

He dashed immediately arriving near my position and swinging his longsword to my neck. I dodge hooking my sword in his, turning and throw myself in mid-air. I unsheathe Baal leaving the scabbard on the ground with a *thunk*

"mud." He casted at the ground making it harder to land. I threw Baal as leverage and use flame to temporary solidate the ground.

Without missing a beat he swung his sword as I picked up Baal.

I dived down while he is in mid swing attempting to disarm him. Unexpectedly he turned and aimed Excalibur to my neck with momentum.

I hit his sword with my elbow downward as it slashed my chest plate and leaving me with a small gash on my left rib. While I slashed his forehead missing his eyes.

We both took a step back panting and blood dripping.Series of *ooh* and *aahh* can be heard as the audience withheld their breaths.

"Vortex," he casted, small whirlpool of waterblades surrounding his sword.

Damn, I hate fighting a Aura Grandmaster. At least with limited arsenal. I groaned.

Aura Grandmaster differs with Aura knights by a huge margin. Grandmasters are knights with a huge pool of mana on par with mid-level mages and has greater physical capabilities. While Aura knights have a normal pool of mana only fit for low level spells and short aura casting.

And this boy has high mana and high physical capabilities. I might need to be a bit tricky.

He then dashed as I took a deep breath holding it as I casted liquidation to Baal using a magma spell. Hitting the Vortex.

Sulfuric smell rose up and steam covers the arena as we exchanged blows. I speed up as he casted buff on him and his sword oozing crystal blue aura.

I countered it with a splatter of magma as he blocked by expanding the vortex. I then hid in the steam, disguising my presense with it and limiting my mana to go under his radar slowly depositing a fire bomb in each side of the arena.

I then attempt to attack him on his blind spot but he reacted easily hitting my left arm and ribs with a succession of his fists. I countered and slashing him albeit only grazed him.

I bite down, still not breathing as I repeat it a few times until he gave up and blew the steam away using tidal slash.

The water blades activate the bombs surrounding him. He then lost his balance from nausea resulting from a prolonged exposure to sulfuric steam. The bomb also momentarily impaired his hearing.

I grabbed the opportunity and hit his nape using the hilt of my sword. Knocking him unconscious.

MATCH! EKSA

The announcer called it as he checked the unconscious Arthur.

The cheers and whistles resound all throughout the arena as seeing an impressive fight between a black horse and the champion.

I panted heavily coughing up blood from overexertion. That damn Merlin he didn't say anything about Arthur being an Aura Grandmaster.

"Oh dear you defeated my warrior," Merlin said as he checked on Arthur.

"You-! Mer! *cough* *cough*" I tried saying.

"Who are you?" He smiled playing along with my cover.I sighed as I tried to act my role. This old man!

"Eksa, 4th year Rouge knight class," I bowed as he nodded.

"You sound like a commoner. Will you play again with Arthur in the university? Hohohoho," he laughed as he carried the unconscious boy.

"Don't drop your responsibilities *cough* on me!" I growled as he paid me no mind.

"I'll leave him to you... my dear noir," he mouthed the last part teasing me.

I felt cheated as Rapunzel and Mirabel checked on me followed by Merida and Mulan.

"Congratulations Eksa... but we need to bring you to the campus clinic." Rapunzel informed as she pointed at my left arm... probably broken and my bleeding side.

"Wait... hop on here," Mirabel offered as she showcase her new invention. It is like a push card and a couch had a baby. I smiled and thanked her.

"We will push," Merida said as she and Mirabel pushed as Rapunzel stopped the bleeding.

"That is one heck of a fight," Mulan commented. "I never would have thought you will be fighting against an Aura holder. Aside from that did your magical amplitude get better?" She suspiciously added as I laugh.

"I might get better in magic because Mariano and I practiced. Although its more of a shield defense and distraction party show," I smiled.

"Then that is one of a heck of party show," Mirabel said when we arrived on the clinic's doorstep.

The nurse welcomes us, as the healer asked me to strip inorder to assess the damage. I was about to when I remembered I have a prism inbued in me.

"Can you just treat my arm and my ribs?" I asked the healer as I blushed feigning to be shy.

"I'm sorry but I can't heal you. If you won't let me see it," The healer reasoned.

Ok that is a dud. I must think of something quick! I then try to make myself cry as I clutch my chest.

"I don't want to because... I..." I cried as Mirabel and Rapunzel consoled me.

"We have our own past...that we don't want others to see." Mulan said as she tapped my good shoulder.

"Can you make do with the arm of Eksa and her ribs? I'll just heal her generally," Rapunzel convinced the healer as she focused in healing my left side.

"Since the damage is done by a Aura user you'll need to use a cast for your left arm. I also did some first aid with the rest of your body. Get plenty of rest, food and exercise." She told me and gave me painkillers.

"As for you Rapunzel right? You'll just need to make sure that she will not overworked herself as my general diagnosis is overexertion," she then gave her a mid-ranged healing spell.

We celebrated after we exit the nurse office. She said that Mariano is basically almost in the same situation but he had no broken bones. So the healer just gave him a first aid and supplement potion.

We saw him limping to the cafeteria.

"Mariano," I called him as he waved.

"Hey Eksa, Rapunzel, Mirabel, Merida and Mulan," he beamed holding his sword.

"We just won and you are already holding a sword!" I teased him as he shrugged.

"It makes me feel at ease," He smiled as he served us some food.

The menu today was fried tuna, vegetable salad, egg drop soup and rice. As always we digged in. Eating and celebrating like there is no tomorrow.

The class were pushed back by two weeks as the official ceremony for selection has begun.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

19.7K 661 17
What if you were sucked into the world of Encanto. what would you do? (Reader:Avilla Muerte x Isabela Madrigal) Disclaimer: I'm not very good in writ...
66.8K 1.4K 25
Camilo madrigal x female!reader (Y/n) and her family moved with their grandparents in Encanto, in which our protagonist will face a lot of events whi...
33.1K 1.8K 15
As you grew up together, you kept your feelings for your best friend buried, convinced that you had absolutely no chance with her. But what if she su...
39.6K 867 15
A Camilo x reader fanfic. Not a crack fic 😱😱😰😰 The reader is gender neutral. I'm trying my best so I hope you enjoy!🥰🥰🥰 Im doing quite bad in...