Daemon Extermination Arc

We set camp in the clearing before the barrier line. Professor Litwit gave the instructions that we will camp until lunch, fortifying the base with Dolores assigned as the main source of communication from the base to the students as well as the institution.

"Ice Glacier," I heard Elsa casted on the open, making sharp iced fortress. "How about that mossy bitch,"

"You call that casting?" Isabela interjected. "Let me show you how it's done," she then casted a swamp forrest with thick thorny humongous vines swirling on the gates.

"And here they go again," Mariano muttered as he casted the basic spell which is area surveillance.

"Still not used to it?" I asked him, while he shrugged. "I thought they'll be scared or something,"

"Maybe that is their way of coping," I chuckled before casting black haze masking as area surveillance.

Technically, it help me to pinpoint the enemies around.. like area surveillance but it can also function as tranquilizers for deamons.

Every student had casted the barrier in the base walls by lunchtime, when professor Litwit call the student body for an announcement.

"The Daemon Extermination will start now. If you fail to bring 10 Manalith then you fail." He simply said as he grouped us dpemding on the area we are stationed for that needs to be checked.

Mariano and Elsa were assigned in the Western Part while Me and Isabela were situated at the east. I felt Mariano pat my back as she gestured to Isabela.

"Take care of my love Eksa," He said giving me a steeling glance.

"I will don't worry," I nudge him. "Come back safely," I said as I mounted on Raven, assisting Isabela who bit her lip, sitting way too tense.

But then again it is their first Extermination, and based from my experience its not a pretty sight to have or even to experience in multitude amount of time.

We both trudged along the forest, passing the thick trees and bushes, into the heart of the eastern forest. We are planning to clear out the area with a yellow ribbon tied to them. Me and Isabela falls under the fifth pair released just before the clock strikes 1.

I already put raven on a significant part of the area as we continued walking on foot. Since some part are too dangerous to venture with a horse in tow. I can feel Isabela moving bit close than usual and hearing her breath in quick succession.

"Isabela? You ok?" I couldn't resist the urge to asked her, holding her hand as she looked at me with panicked eyes.

"I'm fine..." She gasped hyperventilating. I immediately scan for a place to rest as Isabela looked like she's about to faint in a second.

" Breath Isa," I said to her as I rubbed her back. "You're ok, I'm here we are not in danger ok? I'll protect you," I reassured her, giving her some time to get used to the surroundings and wrapped her head around that we are currently in a mission.

Thankfully, she's quick to adapt and her battlefright lessens in a course of 20 minutes, which is admirable seeing that even a veteran mage is prone to quitting just before a daemon appeared.

"How can you be so calm that we're out here fighting the things that are discussed in our class as theory only? Aren't you afraid?" she whispered asking me.

"Well, if you're in the battlefield more than half your life its hard to be scared." I told her honestly, yet I know myself that I wasn't scared because I have a capacity to obliterate the enemies with my restriction unleashed.

"But don't worry I already gave you my oath, I protect and give you what you desire, until graduation that is," I smiled as she huffed standing up.

"You better be," Isabela resolutely said before coming face to face with a 3 meter Daemon. I put my hand on her mouth, muffling her scream as I slashed the deamon in half.