Twisted Wonderland Book 3: Th...

By PinkiePieSweets

Time has passed, and Finals Week has come and gone. However, Grim, Ace, Deuce, and other students find themse... More

Chapter 1: Cramming Session
Chapter 2: Average Question
Chapter 3: Results Stacked
Chapter 5: A Group Counterattack
Chapter 6: A Contractual Setback
Chapter 7: Observing a Foe
Chapter 8: A Baiting Duo
Chapter 9: Lounge Shorthanded
Chapter 10: Collateral Demanded
Chapter 11: A Contract Signed
Chapter 12: A Housing Bind
Chapter 13: A Dorm Suite
Chapter 14: Morning Heat
Chapter 15: Stardom Dreams
Chapter 16: Hasty Schemes
Chapter 17: Amateurs in the Deep
Chapter 18: Playing Cheap
Chapter 19: Wracking the Brain
Chapter 20: Two Days Remain
Chapter 21: Group Infiltration
Chapter 22: Jolting Electrification
Chapter 23: A Minor Oversight
Chapter 24: Rendezvous at Midnight
Chapter 25: A Cleaning Hint
Chapter 26: A Morning Blueprint
Chapter 27: Singing Some Praise
Chapter 28: Return of the Morays
Chapter 29: Lounge Confusion
Chapter 30: Contract Dissolution
Chapter 31: Dastardly Negotiation
Chapter 32: Moment of Realization
Chapter 33: Reduced to Naught
Chapter 34: Back in an Octopus Pot
Chapter 35: Erasing the Past
Chapter 36: Scarfing Down Fast
Chapter 37: Home at Last
Chapter 38: Museum Travelogue
Chapter 39: Octavinelle Epilogue

Chapter 4: Press-Gang Contract

48 0 0
By PinkiePieSweets

Briar and the others follow Ace, Deuce, and Grim across the school and reach their destination. The Hall of Mirrors.

"Oh, it's the Hall of Mirrors... The place that leads to every dorm," Jack says.

"Wonder why they come here?" Sereia asks, at the building.

"I'm not sure. Let's go inside and see what's up," Briar says.

The group walks inside the building to see it's not just Ace, Deuce, and Grim, but so many other students, which catch them by surprise.

They hear a Heartslabyul Student say, "I was so sure I'd make the top fifty!"

A Savanaclaw Student says, clearly upset, "Blast it all, I've been had! That cheating cephalo-punk!

"My school life is doomed now. Doooomed!" A Scarabia Student in tears.

They soon hear all the boys in the building getting very upset about not being in the top fifty and them being scammed. It's still a big shock to see how many students are in the building.

Jack is just as surprised, "Huh? It's not just the three stooges... There are other students here with sea anemones coming outta their heads. I'm seeing some sophomores and juniors in here, too. And they're all going through the mirror leading to Octavinelle Dorm."

"They're all moaning about their test placement..." Tanzanite says.

Then Jasper wonders, "Who's this 'cheating cephalo-punk' they mentioned?"

"I'm not sure, but it will be best for us to follow them. Maybe the answer to this mystery is at Octavinelle Dorm," Briar says.

"Let's head over and see what's up," Jack says.

The group then follow the sea anemone students towards the Octavinelle Mirror. The mirror's frame is covered in octopus tentacles with two moray eels on the top. There are seashells on the staircase and conch shells on the wall. The group then walk through the mirror and to the otherside to see the Octavinelle Dorm.

Everyone is surprised to see that the Octavinelle Dorm looks like it's underwater and the buildings of the dorm are purple decorated with octopus tentacles and shells. It's very different than Savanaclaw Drom, and other dorms for that matter. Briar and the others are not only surprised is astonished.

"Wow, the whole dorm is underwater!" Briar says, amazed.

"It's like the opposite of Savanaclaw and Heartslabyul Dorm, huh?" Jasper says, turning to Jack.

"It's amazing," Sereia says, amazed.

"For real?! Night Raven College is so cool!" Jack says, amazed.

He calms himself and says, "Just remember we're treading on another dorm's turf. Keep your wits about you."

"Right," Briar says with a nod.

Trinket then points to the hall, and the others follow. They walk down the hall and are astonished to see the coral reef outside, along with small fishes. Soon enough, the group reaches the front of the Monstro Lounge. When they arrive, they can see so many people

"I think we found where the Anemone Gang all went," Briar says.

"Look at all these people," Sereia says, surprised.

Jack agrees and says, "There's gotta be a hundred-no, closer to two hundred people here. What is this place, anyway? Some kinda coffee shop?"

The group looks up to see the sign.

"Monstro Lounge Cafe?" Briar reads.

Jack looks around and wonders, "Where did Ace and the others go?"

"I wonder why they came here of all places?" Tanzanite wonders.

"I have an odd feeling we're about to find out," Briar says.

Suddenly, a snap appears and the lights turn off. Then a spotlight turns on, and walking into the spotlight, is Azul, the housewarden of Octavinelle Dorm. Everyone has their eyes focused on him.

Azul says, Well, well. What have we here? A band of misfortunate souls who failed to break into the top 50. Welcome to the Mostro Lounge. I'm sure you're all WELL aware of who I am, but let's go over it again anyway. My name is Azul Ashengrotto. I am the housewarden of Octavinelle Dorm, the manager of the Mostro Lounge cafe, aaand... as of today, you have to listen to everything I say."

"Say what?" Jack says, stunned.

"What did he just say?" Briar asks, shocked.

Sereia, and the others are just as shocked.

Azul continues, "You made a bet with me, and subsequently lost. As per terms of our contract, you are to devote yourself to my service until such time as you graduate."

Suddenly, coming up from the crowd, Ace angrily says, "Hey, hold on. This is all a huge scam!"

"You're...Ace Trappola, a freshman, if memory serves," Azul calmly says, and continues, "Your accusations are insulting, frankly. I upheld my end of the bargain and provided you with an impeccably flawless study guide for your exams. If you used it properly, you should have scored at least a 90."

"Yeah, and I did. I got a 92!" Ace says.

Then Azul says, "Why, that's wonderful news! I'm delighted to have been of service."

"But you never told me you'd given the same study guide to this many other people!" Ace angrily says.

"Yeah, Ace is right," Deuce replies, "No study guide could help us break into the top fifty when the deck's this stacked!"

Then Grim says, "When everybody else is scorin' over 90, even with my 85, my spot in the rankings is no different than when I was failin'!"

"Have you boys never heard of client confidentiality?" Azul questions, and says, "'I want an easy way to score high marks. I don't want to flunk out. I want to goof off until the night before the test...' All of you fools-I mean, gentlemen-had your own reasons for seeking my help with your finals. Details such as who made a contract with me, what kind of contract it was, and why it was made... That's all privileged data. Who am I to divulge someone's personal information to a third party? I am a man of integrity, thank you very much. You will find this exact topic covered extensively in the non-disclosure agreement clause on page 127 of your contract. I simply abided by its terms."

"O-okay, then what happens to the fire magic I put up as collateral for the study guide?" Grim asks, looking pale.

A Pomefiore Student asks, "Y-yeah! And what about my water magic?"

And a Scarabia Student demands, "Give me back my signature spell!"

"What's this? Have you really forgotten the terms of your contract?" Azul responds, "'I will provide you with a final exam study guide. In exchange, you will leave one 'personal specialty' in my possession.' 'Should you earn a spot among the school's fifty highest achievers, your power will be returned to you...' '...and I will continue to provide you with study guides for all exams until such time as you graduate.'"

Then says, "'However, in the event that you do not earn a spot among the school's fifty highest achievers...' '...you will act with absolute obedience to me until such time as you graduate.' As outlined in the contract, I now control every part of your beings down to every last hair on your heads. In other words, your powers are mine, to return or not as I please.

"That ain't fair!" Ace shouts in anger.

Briar and the others have heard everything that has happened.

"No wonder Grim and Ace weren't fighting with magic," Sereia says, surprised.

"It's because Ace and Grim have given Azul their magic in order for study guides and ways to get good scores," Briar says.

"Can anyone really leave their power with someone else?" Jasper asks.

"It sounds like it will be impossible," Tanzanite says, worried.

"And it seems that many of the students do the same," Briar says.

Just then, Jack steps in and angrily says, "Y'know, I've been listening to this whole spectacle...and ALL of you disgust me!"

Everyone gets surprised and looks to see Jack stepping forward with pure anger.

Deuce asks in shock, "J-Jack?! What are you doing here?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 91 21
A teenage girl, named Briar wakes up in a coffin to finds herself in an all boy's academy with little memories of her past, and no way to get home. S...
5.2K 192 11
β€§Ν™βΊΛšο½₯ΰΌ“β˜Ύπ”„π”©π”© π”‘π”žπ”Ά, π”’π”³π”’π”―π”Άπ”‘π”žπ”Ά, 𝔱π”₯π”’π”―π”žπ”­π”¦π”°π”±, π”ͺ𝔬𝔱π”₯𝔒𝔯, π”ͺπ”žπ”¦π”‘, 𝔑𝔢π”ͺ𝔭π”₯, 𝔱π”₯𝔒𝔫 π”ž 𝔳𝔦𝔯𝔀𝔦𝔫, 𝔫𝔲𝔯𝔰𝔒, 𝔱π”₯𝔒𝔫 π”ž 𝔰�...
1.7K 41 39
(Black Butler x Twisted Wonderland) Some time after the events of the Spelldrive, the time has arrived for Ciel and his friends to take their final e...
20.6K 929 26
From being reincarnated into a rich girl with abusive parents in a world full of fantasies and magic (and Disney apparently), she could only imagine...