Heartless Dream

By polymath_land

Blurb Ananya Saini was just coming out of her messy life and she wasn't fretted as much as she thought she wo... More

Disclaimer & Blurb
1. First Sight?
2. Maybe not!
4. A Good Day?
5. Ananya's Neighbor(A)
6. Ananya's Neighbor(B)
7. Ananya's Neighbor(C)
8. First Meet
9. Obsession
10. Not Yet
11. Trouble After Paradise
12. Saved?
13. Video
14. Appointment

3. A for Ananya!

140 21 31
By polymath_land

Did he say Luck was dancing on his head?

Well, well! Luck is dancing on his head indeed!

Little Sia in his squirms in his hold, jutting her lips together and pointing towards the big Doremon. Her little eyes strained a little to look at the big thing in front of her fully.

"It's so big, Mama," she exclaims grinning and widening her arms to show him the exact size. It's just that her little arms weren't long enough to show the exact size.

All her talks went into thin air as her dearest Mama is too lost in looking at someone else.

Little Sia turned toward her Mama, getting no reply from him. If there's something little Sia doesn't like, it'd be the no attention from her Mama.

"Mama!" The little bundle in his arms slaps her Mama's cheeks with her little and soft hands.

"Huh?" he was out of the daze, as he looks at his niece, who was still slapping him on his cheeks. Such an Attention Seeker she is.

But he loves his little attention-seeker!

"Yes, sweetheart?" Nikhil diverts his attention toward his Niece.

"You're not giving me the attention," she pouts, tears brimming in her little chocolate brown eyes, the same as of his Mama.

Sia Mehra

"No, baby! I'm just looking at your Mami." That's it! Nikhil has his tongue slipped and as soon as he realizes it, he scrunches his eyes and bites his tongue.

His little devil would scream it to the world! If not the world, well, at least in their world.

He already imagined her jumping around her Ma and Nani, screaming Mami, Mami, and Mami.

"Mami?" Little Sia gasps in shock.

"No, baby. Not Mami, Aunty! I meant Aunty," he corrects her and himself while doing so.

The little one needs to be tamed, otherwise, he'd be teased to death.

"But I heard Mami only. I'm sure," she is stubborn in her own way. Her little ears are sharp.

Nikhil knew that.

"Fine! Mami only, okay! But don't call her that in front of anyone, even me! Okay?" Nikhil sighed, he had to own the loss in front of the bundle of joy.

"Okay! But only on one condition. Deal?" Aah! Here comes the part of his sister and her mother.

Always ending her words with a deal! He sighed, how wonderful it'd been if she hadn't gotten habituated to these deals and conditions. Like him!

But no, the little one went after his mother and father, followed by his Nana and Dada in this matter.

But what was the little one's fault? She learned what she heard and saw!

Nikhil isn't much fond of deals and conditions!

He should get used to it.

"Fine. Deal! What's it?" he questions, turning his head a little towards Ananya who's still in the same place.

"Hmm. I will ask when the right time comes. Nothing is there now," she taps her fingers on her chin, trying to remember if there's anything she'd like to ask for, and remembers nothing.

Sia Mehra is truly a daughter of a businessman!

"God! Fine my princess. Ask whenever you want," he sighs again.

His Jiju and Di had given birth to a little mind gamer.

He hoped she'd ask nothing alien, belonging to the world of Saturn - he wouldn't be able to fight the Universe: which is weirdness in itself.

Oh, yeah! He shouldn't forget his niece's fondness for Cosmas!

"Introduce me to Mam-" she pauses and taps her forehead, scrunching her eyes cutely, and continues, "Oops, Aunty," she demands correcting herself.

"Sure. But even by mistake don't call her Mami in front of anyone. Call her that when you're alone. Okay?" he makes sure she imprints his words in her mind.

"Alone with you?" she frowns.

"No. Not even me. Just you! Not even a single person or thing around you. Got me?" What if she'd assume if not a person, she'd say it in front of a thing and the thing turns out to be his phone?

His niece is too smart, and over the top sometimes. He should give her clear instructions. No folly and no incomplete ones.

"Okay. Deal!" Nikhil was practically asking her to call her Mami in her little brain and nowhere else and Sia completes the deal, with her deal as usual.

"Let's go to her now." Nikhil takes his niece to the woman he hasn't left gazing at for minutes now.

She's in the same dress looking gorgeous and his gaze had to fall on her. She's in the shop opposite the toy shop they're in.

"What about my Doremon?" Sia asks suddenly, looking at the thing sitting in front of her and Nikhil could only see the woman behind that thing, a transparent layer of glass separating them.

"We'll buy it." Nikhil takes his credit card out, buys the Doremon that's almost his size, and opted for home delivery.

It's obvious it'd not fit in his car. It'd be in a few hours in his home, on his niece's little bed.

"Happy?" he pecks her cheeks, as she giggles in happiness, nodding her head.

They were now out of the shop and walks towards Ananya.

"Who's that Aunty here?" Sia is already following her Mama's words, looking at several women in the store, where there are several clothes on Display from kids to adults.

"The one in a cream shirt and black jeans," he describes Ananya, who's standing on the side of the store and scrolling through her mobile.

"Oh. Wow! She's so beautiful, like my barbie doll." A gorgeous Ananya was awing to a wonderstruck Sia, who had her brown orbs twinkle in amazement and admiration, just like her Mama.

Well, she's true. Ananya looks like a barbie doll to be precise.

"Yes, sweetheart! She's so gorgeous." Nikhil was in trance and so was his niece, gazing at Ananya.

If their gaze was so intense, how can Ananya not feel it? She felt gazed upon by someone and looks up, only to look at Nikhil Nair. The handsome man she met a while ago and her gaze fell on the little girl in his arms.

Nikhil and Sia realize they were caught and Nikhil knows this could be embarrassing if he didn't take the right step.

So, the gentleman in him walks up to Ananya waving a Hi with his other hand, grinning and the little one wasn't less, she too waves a Hi at her seemingly barbie doll.

Getting the sudden attention of two people in the world, Ananya had to respond. So an awkward smile curves up her lips on the point. Yes, awkward, even the little bundle of a beautiful creation couldn't warm Ananya's heart or maybe it did. She just didn't know.

Or maybe not!

"Hi!" Nikhil greets her.

His smile could put the smile to shame. The twinkle in his eyes could put a star to shame. Such was his smile.

"Hey, Mr. Nikhil," Ananya smiles slightly.

"Hiii!" Before her Mama could actually start a conversation, the little one, an overexcited at that, squeals.

"Hi," Ananya smiles a little, just a little more than before.

"Is this your daughter, Mr. Nikhil? She's beautiful." Ananya turns to Nikhil after smiling at her. Ananya was genuine, the little kid is beautiful. And Ananya appreciates beauty, quite mechanically, expressions don't form on her face. It isn't her heart that recognized the beauty, it's her mind.

"What? NO!" Nikhil screams.

Ananya jerks a little with his sudden scream, the little one in his arms too presses her hands on her little ears.

"I mean, she's my niece," he smiles sheepishly.

Sure he'd be looking like a joker, if not more as Ananya nods in understanding.

"I'm 4-year-old and I'm Sia Mehra. You're so beautiful, like my barbie doll," Sia introduces herself, complementing her Mami. If she'd waited for her Mama to do the same, it'd taken ages.

She knows her Mama well. What was that she said?

Introduce me to her!

And what happened?

She had to introduce herself.

Great! Just great!

Her Mama is too slow or maybe she's too impatient! Only they know.

And what she didn't know is her Mama didn't even know the name of her Mami.

"Oh. Nice to meet you, Sia. I'm Ananya Saini." Ananya smiles at the kid, quite surprised at her feistiness, language, and accent.

Sounds so American and looks double active!

Ananya already liked the kid.

Why not! She's fast and clear and moreover more active than her aged kids and was able to know her name in the span of 5 minutes.

Which Nikhil couldn't do! Well, can't blame him, from the time he has seen Ananya, he's all fumbling and mumbling and so not-so Nikhil.

"Oh. A for Ananya! I'll always remember it. Nice to meet you too," Sia squeals in happiness, touching the chubby cheeks of her barbie doll.

Ananya slightly chuckles at her alphabet logic and Nikhil sighs, well he knows that's the way of remembering names and things, for her!

Smarter she is!

"You're so soft and beautiful, like my barbie doll." She's lost in her A for Ananya. Well, looks like she and her Mama has the habit, of complimenting the one, again and again, they liked or loved the most.

"Thank you! You're more beautiful, by the way," Ananya widens her smile a bit tapping her chubby cheeks a little. Without her knowledge.

Well, the kid is too cute.

"Anyway, I've to shop. See ya!" she takes a step to wind up the conversation. Seriously, she had to shop. Or she'd end up with casual clothes in her office embarrassing herself.

"Shopping? Even my Sia is shopping. If you don't mind, she can accompany you, you know. All her mother's dresses were selected by her only. Even this shirt," he points to the shirt he wore.

"Seriously?" she raises her eyebrows in question, looking at the Uncle and Niece duo in front of her while Sia frowns cutely.

"Yes. Ask Sia!" he grins and turns towards Sia, "What's say, princess?"

"But Mama, I don't select dresses for Ma, na! Dad does," Innocent creature sitting in his arms has uttered the words that could put Nikhil in red, embarrassed.

Ananya hiding her chuckle says, "I really need to go. See you tomorrow. Bye, sweetheart!"

Sia giggles bidding her bye, well, the sweetheart was for her. She successfully managed to awe Ananya Saini and Nikhil should be jealous of his own niece now.

Ananya walks away from there leaving Nikhil, who had just lifted his hand to wave, only for her back to receive them.

"Little muffin, can't you say you do select your Mom's dress?" he tickles her on the stomach.

"It's .." she chuckles, prying his hands off her, "..bad manners to lie."

Well, well, his words are thrown onto his face, by none other than his niece. Only if her mother would be here. She'd have danced in happiness.

"You impressed her in the first meet itself, aahe? Even I couldn't do that, aahe?" he tickles her more.

"What the! No, stop, Mam.." she breaks into giggles, "..maaa, I'm so..", she stops prying his hands off her continuing, "..smart."

Nikhil stops tickling her.

"Give me tips from tomorrow. Okay?" Why not make a deal with her?

"Okay!" she kisses him on the cheek, loudly.

The kid is smart and Nikhil knows that!

They shop for Sia's little clothes and many more toys till the evening with a healthy meal in between, and he notices Ananya exiting after an hour bidding them bye again, mostly to Sia.

Sia left such an impression on her!

Ananya's Mansion,

Ananya is back at her Mansion after three hours of shopping buying over a dozen of official suits in different malls and almost an hour of traveling adding up. She's tired and she's hungry. It was past lunchtime and she hadn't had her lunch yet.

She already had outside food for a few days and she can't afford her health again. She had to cook and eat.

She washes her hands and face and was about to start cooking when her phone rings. She smiles looking at the caller ID.

Drashti Janes! Her best friend.

"Yea, Drashti! What's up?" she takes out the ingredients to make a simple veg pasta.

"Mom has seen a guy for me." Drashti breaks the news and Ananya stills for a second, with shock and later smiles.

"Oh, that's great."

"What great! You know it's been a few months since my broken marriage. How can I think of marriage this soon?" Drashti complains and Ananya expected that.

It's been a few months since she was cheated on by her boyfriend and was left at the altar.

"So, tell your mom and deny the proposal," Ananya was on the point. No dramas and nothing! It doesn't go well with her.

"You know me, Anu!" Ananya can imagine her pouting on the phone.

Yeah! She knows. Drashti lost her confidence to put forward her choices anymore, in front of her family. For her choice has given them the curse, her only love left her on the altar.

Her choice turned out to be wrong and when her choice was wrong, how can she put forward her choice without any hesitance? Her family is a traditional catholic. She wasn't confident enough to deny their choice when her choice went wrong.

"You want me to talk to Aunty?" she asks, leaning on the kitchen slab.

"Yes! Please."

"Alright!" Ananya is always there for her best friend just as Drashti is for her.

Ananya puts Drashti on hold without any warning and dials Srishti Jane, wife of Christofer Jane. And with her tactics, comes straight to the point, managing them and they agree.

Ananya sighs.

It was so simple.

Ananya doesn't understand how much more time it'd take her to start being herself with her parents again. But whatever it is, she needs time and she understands, just doesn't know how much, sighing at the thought calls Drashti back.

"Thanks, babe!"

Ananya can still smell disappointment in her voice, "Now what?"

"I'm feeling bad denying my parents, they're hurt, I regret it now," she shares her worry with her bestie.

"Drashti! You're impossible!" Ananya releases a breath.

Drashti remains silent.

"Actually, I'll take back my words. If all you can do is regret, better I let you marry whoever your family had chosen for you," Ananya scoffs, faking her words.

She knows how to get her back on track!

"What? No," she screams.

"No? I thought you were disappointed?" Ananya smirks.

"Ananya!" Drashti protests.

"What Ananya? How many times should I say that never-" she was cut off by Drashti.

"I know, I know! Never ever regret anything you did in the past! You know what you do and what you did, and if it's right, you shouldn't care about anyone else. Yahi na(Isn't it)?" Drashti repeats Ananya's two-liners, the one which she'd say always.

"I'm sorry! I became weak for a second. My parents would understand," she smiles into the phone.

"Good. If that's it then, I need to cook and eat. Already famished," Ananya is too impatient to cook and eat.

She's hungry! Isn't it?

"Yeah, sure!" Drashti whispers bidding her bye.

"Bye!" Ananya had cut the call and was heading to the kitchen for a quick meal tonight, slipping her phone into her pockets, when her phone rings again.

Drashti!

Again!

"Now what?" Ananya sighs, tapping her forehead.

If these Bestfriends are fun to be with, they're capable of turning their besties into hunters as well.

"Your ex-boyfriend was asking for your new phone number. I said I didn't know. Should I give it to him or let my words stay so?" her voice was serious.

"Andrew?" Ananya frowns.

Why would he ask for her number?

"No! Your-" she takes a pause to think, "-I don't know which number, but he is John." Drashti doesn't remember the value of n.

"No need. And he isn't my ex-boyfriend, you know that." Ananya greets her teeth.

Drashti will face her wrath if she doesn't stop talking about John now!

"Everyone thinks so," she bit her tongue, smiling.

"That's not my issue and so shouldn't be yours," Ananya is furious, her hazel lits in fire, if Drashti would have been in front of her, she'd have strangled her to death, and the word bestie could go and killed itself in the dustbin.

"But he-" she wasn't smiling anymore.

"I know. Now that I'm here, he'd stop spreading rumors I hope," Ananya knows about John. He was a mad lover, who didn't know the meaning of NO.

"I hope so too," Drashti whispers.

John looked desperate!

"And you were teasing me when you called him my ex, you know that I know that, right?" Ananya narrows her gaze.

"Sorry!" Drashti pouts. She shouldn't have done that knowing how his name itself would bring the worse of Ananya out.

But she had to bring his name! He's always around Ananya's house.

Teasing went overboard and she is guilty now! So Sorry she was and said the same!

It'd have been normal if Ananya hadn't gone through the Nirvana Novel and all that.

Teasing and pulling her legs from her side is so common. But she teased at the wrong time forgetting Nirvana for a moment!

"Chalo! I'll be going now," she sighs, gulping. Her throat is dry and she needs to drink.

"Bye!" Drashti ends the call, letting Ananya slide her phone into her jeans pocket again, as she walks towards the water purifier, to drink the warm water that could quench her thirst.

She sighs in contempt, throwing all the unnecessary thoughts away and all she needs to do is cook, eat, freshen up, and sleep.

And that's what she does for the two hours and by the time, it was 7 PM, she hit the bed already, tired, and slept in no time.

Nair's Mansion,

Nikhil was wide awake, lying in the bed and daydreaming about Ananya, or is it Nightdreaming?

It's past 8 already and they had their dinner after the full day of shopping. Sia was tired and yawning, yet her Mama fed her some food and she slept soon.

He's now trying hard to sleep only if he could!

Ananya Saini!

He now knows her name and it's just as beautiful as her.

She's the package of everything, mostly anger and that constant frown!

It'd be weird if one would say, "she looks so gorgeous with that anger on the tip of her nose!"

Why not! It isn't very common for you to come across a person literally breathing in fire, and you get attracted to them. Toxic it is, isn't it?

Nikhil didn't care about anything else. All he cared for was her eyes, sparkling in fire, dazing him in dizziness, and luring him to his doom. Her eyes - shimmering in little green, and a little grey that defines the shade of her as a woman, sparkles of green and grey defining her strength, pride, bravery, and fire, and most of all, a little of childlike innocence and hues of kindness nobody would have noticed, except him.

Don't judge a book by its cover! If the quote was true, Nikhil is literally the definition for it.

He sighs unable to remove her from his mind, he didn't want to yet he had to. For she wouldn't let him sleep if she stays behind his long lashes. It isn't new for him, from the day he has seen her, he's struggling with her dreams in his.

They wouldn't let him sleep.

If he did, they wouldn't let him wake up.

If she was stealing his night, she is stealing his day too.

Is there anything she didn't rob him of?

Well, the answer is not really big.

Everything! She robbed him of his everything.

And he doesn't complain. For it always would bring a smile to his face, curving his lips more.

He remembered how was his day, his meeting with Ananya in the mall.

Coincidence or Luck? He never knows.

A for Ananya!

How cutely his little niece has pronounced her name. Thanks to her that he knows her name now.

He was horrified thinking she thought he looked like a father to a baby. As the thought comes into his mind, he turns towards the mirror, looking at himself.

He's young and charming, as usual!

He comforts himself, it was obvious if anybody would an adult with a kid, they'd think in such a line. And his niece is not less than a daughter to him anyway, they're too close and lovey-dovey with each other.

He had to clear her about-to-generate misunderstanding, for she would never think of him in the light he wanted her to think of him.

He smiles remembering each and every facial expression of Ananya!

She's just so gorgeous!

If Beauty was you, it'd just smile, captivated by you! Nikhil chuckles at his newly founded skill or maybe not. He's becoming romantic or already is, writing one-liners for her in his mind, again.

He's not sure how much more he had stored for him in the future, but he's ready, after all, it's about Ananya.

Ananya Saini! Her name on his lips sounded so beautiful, his voice was husky and if he'd whispered with the huskiness of his, sure anyone would get goosebumps.

But he knows these one-liners would never come to use when it's Ananya Saini in the picture.

Never!

Whispering her name in his mind, ever so tenderly, he drifts into sleep, a beautiful dream - that left a smile on his lips.

Next Morning

Nikhil wakes with another heartless dream. Dreams of Ananya, they wouldn't leave in peace. From the time he had seen her, she allured him to her soulful eyes, without his permission and her awareness.

It just happened.

Heartless!

It made him lose his sanity. He gets into another world altogether, where he'd see just her and no one else.

He sighed closing his eyes, he had to get ready and fast. She'd be in the office and he had to be early, to see her!

He gets ready in less than half an hour, with a white shirt on and black jeans! He makes his way out of the room, getting his backpack along which had some files.

He grabs a toast and literally drags himself out of the Mansion. It just made his Mother and Sister bewildered who was sitting at the breakfast table.

He ran to them as if he has been chased by a ghost and ran at the same pace again, grabbing a small toast.

Just toast? They wondered!

After all, he wasn't the one to hurry and run out of the mansion with a toast in his hand.

Something got into him!

He know that's what they'd have thought of him, as he was just about to open the door.

"Mama, my kiss!" he had to stop in his tracks listening to his dearest niece. He runs back and kisses her on the cheek, she just woke up and was accompanied by her father, his Jiju.

"Bye Sweetheart. See you in the evening," he pecks her the other cheek.

Sia smiling, showing her both dimples to her Mama, kisses him back on his cheek, "Bye, Mama!"

Nikhil grins hugging her and gets up, "Bye Jiju! Bye Ma, Di!"

Nikhil again run out of the Mansion before they could respond, now leaving even his Jiju in Shock.

"Is Mama participating in the running competition, Papa?" Little Sia asks her father, looking very innocent.

Well, her question was genuine.

Her Favourite Mama is participating in Marathon, for sure!

Because he'd be sweating by the end of the day.

"Might be, Princess," her father replies chuckling, cuddling her in his arms as they start walking towards Dining Table.

Nitya and her Mother chuckled at Sia's question and the expression she made. For she looked too cute biting her little finger in curiosity.

"Don't bite it, baby!" Nitya removes the poor little finger from her mouth, which was about to turn sore if she'd have bitten more.

CBI Office,

"Good Morning!" Ananya greets the watchmen after giving her thumb impression and walks into their floor only to see Nikhil already sitting.

"Hi, Ananya!" Nikhil greets who was just playing on his phone.

"Hi, Morning!" Ananya greets him back.

"Good Morning!" He forgot to greet her with a good morning! And kicks his mind for forgetting.

Really, what has gotten into him?

Maybe the excitement!

"No one has come yet?" Ananya asks looking around, she found none except office boys who were busy with their work.

"No, there's still 35 minutes left for the office to start," Nikhil smiles and pats the seat beside him, indicating for her to sit.

"So, you're early?" She asks keeping her bag on the side and sitting beside him.

"Oh. Yeah! I sometimes get early here." Well, he wasn't lying, he sometimes arrives early for nothing.

Only the difference was, this time it was just not for nothing! He just hid that fact.

Practically he wasn't lying, is he?

"Work?" Ananya guesses.

"No, just like that! No reason," he lies but has no regrets.

"Okay, great!" Ananya wasn't the one to talk much and especially when they were too new to her.

"Did you have breakfast?" Nikhil, on the other hand, tries to continue the conversation.

"Yes! I did, a sandwich."

"Oh. Okay. Coffee or Tea?" Nikhil's intention was to ask if she'd like tea or coffee in their canteen.

Only if she got the point.

"Tea! I had that first thing in the Morning!"

"Alright! How was your shopping yesterday?" Nikhil hides his disappointment, she didn't get his point. The one sentence he tried with perfection.

"Not bad."

"Okay." Nikhil doesn't know what to say anymore.

Ananya was giving monosyllabic answers. Didn't he know her? Then why is he feeling kind of disappointed?

Maybe he was too excited, over the top if he could say.

They spend their time in silence as Ananya starts examining the office.

Nikhil gets an idea and doesn't get late in putting it into action, "Should I show you around?"

Ananya gets startled yet smiles, "I'd love to!"

Aah! Nikhil has the perfect reason to talk more.

And the next 20 minutes were spent exploring the office.

Soon the people started coming and Ananya just sits again, waiting for the boss, to hand over her job responsibilities and a signature has to be given.

Ashwanth just arrives and seeing everyone present already, decides to introduce Ananya before handing over the job to her.

"Morning everyone!"

Nusrat who was 5 minutes late came into the office, only to hear their Sir greeting everybody.

Everyone's attention was on Ashwanth now and Nikhil is just beside Ananya.

"Ananya, please do come here," he calls her to the center and Ananya smiles walking up the way.

"She's our new Senior Ethical Hacker. Some of you have met her already, isn't it?" he looks at Akash and some of the other staff.

DJ is on emergency leave. Akash and Kumar respond as they have met her already, "Yes, sir!"

Nusrat, Karthik, and some of the other members are unaware of Ananya and don't nod, looking at her curiously.

She had the power to grab the attention!

They now know she's replacing their previous technician.

Just a technician! Some of them took her role for granted.

"Hi, everyone," Ananya smiles slightly, curving her lips a little to 2.5 degrees on the perimeter.

They greet her back and Ashwanth takes the responsibility to introduce each one of them.

He introduces Nusrat, "She's a Forensic intern just like Karthik and Nikhil here is a Forensic Doctor."

He turns towards Karthik and Nikhil as Nusrat shakes her hand with Ananya, "Pleased to meet you." Ananya smiles at her, again a very slight one.

"He's Karthik Vyas and that is Nikhil Nair, as I said, a Forensic Doctor. Joined two months ago." He points to Nikhil as Ananya shakes her hand with Karthik.

"I met him already, Sir," Ananya smiles at Nikhil as she shakes her hand with Nikhil, who's on cloud nine, listening to her admit meeting him already.

Well, he had shown her around!

She smiles at him.

He didn't expect that!

Going by her character, he didn't expect in the heart of his heart that she would acknowledge their meeting already.

"Oh. That's great, how, by the way?" Ashwanth asks looking at who's trying his best to control the thousands of watts of joy on his face and Ananya who's smiling a little, her usual one. Not really a wide one. One would have to buy a binocular to see that smile.

"Yesterday! Outside the office, near the entrance. And also that he had taken the pain to show me around here."

Oh! Was he on cloud nine anymore?

Above that maybe!

"Oh. That's great then. The introduction went waste I guess," he chuckles.

Nikhil, smiling, forwards his hand to Ananya, "It's okay, Sir. No problem with the introduction again."

Ananya forwards her hand for a shake, her expression much the same. He didn't want to leave the chance to touch her, again. And the handshake does it to him.

No one noticed the change in Nikhil's body language, including Ananya except for Nusrat, who has her haw-like eyes on Nikhil, the man she loves.

She didn't like Ananya!

At the same instant.

For she might be a threat to her. In the span of two months, she has never seen Nikhil showing extra enthusiasm while meeting someone, or even gazing at them. Forget about shaking hands with something else in his orbs. He was always professional, with everyone, including her. That has comforted her. He's the same, with everyone else too. No special ones and nothing. True, he's friendly and fun to be with. But she hadn't ever seen him gaze that way ever.

In a meant-something way.

In a special way.

It's new and not for her, and that's bothersome.

Who's the cause?

Ananya Saini! A woman of 26-year-old, two years older than her.

She isn't fond of this woman, anymore. Can never be!

She'd be professional with her, nothing beyond that. After all, Ananya is the woman who could snatch Nikhil away from her.

Ananya Saini is her nemesis! And will always be.

24 years-old self in her had a great contempt towards the new join and determinedly promised it'd always stay the same so.

Who knows?

Promises are meant to be broken!

To be continued..,

Hey! Here's the third one!

Hope you like it! 5K+ words!

Let me know what you think of the update.

As I said, really not good in romance, so, if anywhere you find the narration or dialogues not enough good, let me know. I'd love to improve.

Opinion on Sia?

Nikhil?

Ananya?

Nusrat?

Relationship between Sia and her Mama?

Progress between NiYa?

-30/10/2022

-polymath_land

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.1K 4.2K 35
Arhan khan An engineer by profession but work as the ceo of India's biggest company. Everyone fears him as he has the worst temper . His life change...
64.6K 3.8K 55
Shivi forced marriage. ||Completed || We are swimming into each other eyes. Breaking the eye contact he look into his watch. Suddenly he hovered ove...
Nirvana √ By polymath_land

Mystery / Thriller

2.9K 414 13
#1 out of 5K stories in crimefiction - as of 26/09/2022 Ananya Saini and Nikhil Nair together study the history of bodies. If Nikhil studies it in hi...
1.3K 96 27
Anaya a young sweet girl who never recieved love from anyone, not even her family. She is just a 20 years old girl waiting to run away from her famil...