9. Obsession

"Mama," Nikhil, who had coffee with Ananya in silence, had come home, lost in thoughts about his first meet, only to come to the earth listening to his niece's scream.

"Hey, Sweetheart!" Nikhil engulfs her in his arms.

Sia who was too angry at him squirms in his arms, wanting to get, and squeals in frustration while Nikhil was confused. Why is his niece trying to get out of his arms? What did he do? He racked his brain in confusion.

Better to ask than rack his head!

"What happened, sweety? Why don't you want to be in your Mama's arms? Hmm?" he tightens his grip on his niece not letting her slip away.

Sia doesn't budge as she shakes her legs, Nikhil catches them too, not letting her hurt herself and him.

"Sia is angry with you! She won't talk with you," Sia mutters tired of fighting him, and rests her little head on his chest, her ponytails caressing his chin and cheek. She presses her cheek more into him, a little roughly, angry at him. An angry pout formed on her face.

Nikhil smiles at her pouty face and pats her head. Sia moves his hand away with her hands not letting him pat her, "Sia won't let you her pamper too."

She pouted adorably and looked really adorably adorable.

"Why? What did Sia's Mama do?" he asks in curiousness. Enough of his sweetheart's angry pouts! Although she looked cute when angry, he couldn't afford her to be angry at him for more than five minutes.

"Sia's Mama is not with her when she woke up. He went to walk alone without taking me, I'm katti with him. Tell him not to talk to me," she turns her face away, huffing and puffing, folding her hands.

"Really?" Nikhil tickles her, asking her to say it is real.

"Really! And tell him to put me down too," she pats his hand away, controlling her chuckles and not letting her Mama tickle her more. She tried hard to maintain her angry pout and glaring eyes.

"But Baby, your Mama didn't go to walk," he replied, not putting her down, and tightening his hold around her back more.

"Oh. So, where did he go?" Sia realizing, asked. Her Mama never lies. It's just that if he doesn't give her enough attention, her little heart gets hurt and her little eyes burn with tears.

"Yes, Nikhil, where did you go?" Nitya asks, coming into the hall, and running behind her daughter. Well, her daughter is too fast and had reached long ago when she's still to catch up with her and she did just now, hearing the last part of their conversation.

"Di, aren't you supposed to get me some water? Your brother has just come into the home!" He didn't want to tell her or listen to him telling his niece that he is with Ananya — her Mami!

Nitya glares at him for ordering her — as if he had asked for her property.

"Water, Di. Water, I'm not asking you to give me back the gifts I gave you," Nikhil clears it out teasing his sister.

Nitya opens her mouth at his tease and stomps her foot in frustration. She wouldn't be able to kick him. For, her daughter is in his arms, "I'll see you later."

"Where did my Mama go then?" Sia asks again, poking her finger on his cheek, forming a dimple on his cheek, turning his attention towards her. She didn't get her answer yet and Sia didn't like it. So, the second time she poked quite hard to which Nikhil actually didn't feel a thing. Her nails weren't sharp and long and they felt soft on his cheek.

He gestures for her to come forward and lend her little ear and she does so without any question.

"To help your Ananya Aunty, baby!" he whispers in her ears.