The Infamous Rafael Valiente...

By MsDreamerGirl84

WARNING: LOADED WITH GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! He ran away from all the scrutinizing eyes... More

WARNING!!
Copyright
Synopsis
My Other Books
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Job Hunting
Chapter 3: The Pursuits
Chapter 4: No Escape
Chapter 5: The Revelations
Chapter 6: The Make-Over
Chapter 7: Troubled Past
Chapter 8: The Chasing
Chapter 9: The Grand Duke's Scheme
Chapter 10: The Wedding Preparation
Chapter 11: Haunted with the Past
Chapter 12: Sweet Escape
Chapter 13: Jealousy Strikes
Chapter14: The Aftermath
Chapter 15: Taming the Temptress
Chapter 16: Meeting Mr. Nightmare
Chapter 17: Facing His Wrath
Dedication
Chapter 18: Anger and Betrayal 1
Chapter 19: Anger and Betrayal 2
Chapter 20: The Consequences
Chapter 21: Reunion of Friends and Exes
Chapter 22: The Lies and The Heartbreaks
Chapter 23: Life must go on
Chapter 24: When Anger Only Matters
Chapter 25: The Vengeance 1
Chapter 26: The Vengeance 2
Chapter 27: The Truth Will Always Prevail
Chapter 28: Together Again
Chapter 29: Family Day
Epilogue
Advertisement
Author's Note

Chapter 2: Clash of Two Hearts

151K 4.7K 150
By MsDreamerGirl84

All rights reserved ©2015 by MsDreamerGirl84

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because the reality is finally better than your dreams." ― Dr. Seuss

Rafael Alejandro's POV

VSC's Office

Keeping my cool with her sudden appearance, I kept my eyes trained on her, scanning her subtly up and down, taking in her presence. She looks so stunning with just her tight blue skinny jeans showcasing her long toned legs and rounded ass, paired with a tight-fitting white tee that has a cat's paws printed across the chest. I rose from my chair casually, shrugging it off her anger and face her casually, with a neutral look.

She's tall, but with me standing close to her she looks shorter. Now, I'm hovering over her. She steps back as she clenched and unclenched her hands. 

"How may I help you, Ms. Bennet?" I drawled huskily which I didn't intend to sound like that but with my straight face.

Good acting, Rafael. I mentally applauded myself because deep within me, I wanted to jump and shout in happiness after thinking about her for so many nights, and here she is, in the flesh, in front of me. 

Stepping forward, I took in her scent and it's as sweet as I remember. "I don't need your help, Mr. Valiente!" she exclaimed tartly as she glared at me. I was taken aback.

Feisty!

"So, to what do I owe this honor, Ms. Bennet?" I raised my eyebrow as I met her fuming eyes.

I smirked.

"Well," she huffed, puffing her chest out and my eyes drifted to it. "I just came to tell you that, YOU ARE THE MOST SELFISH, BLACK-HEARTED, CONCEITED BASTARD, this society ill-fated had. And I'm not going to beg on my knees for your help, not even on my last breath!" she fumed with no decorum and I was taken aback again, meeting her eyes that were looking daggers squarely at mine. 

I felt like I was punched right through my heart with her words. I've been called worst, but I was never affected. I was referred as the black-hearted man but it never bothered me just like how I'm troubled right now after hearing it from her. Coming from her mouth is like a dagger that strikes right through my heart. 

My anger rises swiftly before I could think. "You may leave then, Ms. Bennet!" I snapped furiously. She shot me a deathly glare briefly before she spun on her heels and headed for the door.

I felt alarmed that this might be the last time I'll see her face. She was close to the door when I found my voice raise. "WORK WITH ME, BELLA!" I offered loudly with my breath hitched waiting for her response. 

She stops before she could reach the knob and snapped her head at me incredulously. I know, I myself was surprised either. I think my heart and head, has its own mind, the way my body has its own.

"Why?" her voice mocking. "You're not satisfied with the stunts you threw in my career path? You had successfully ruined my work reputation." Venom dripping in every word. "No one wants to employ me because I did something that I don't even know, to the most influential person on this earth." She emphasized through clenched teeth. "What else do you want?" she asked bitterly though sarcasm never left her tone. Her eyes were glistening and suddenly I felt a tad of remorse. I know I was too irrational when I did it. I wasn't thinking about the consequences. I was too focused on seeing her again and the thought of her begging me was very tempting. The thought of her had won over my sanity.

In a second, I found myself standing close to her. So close that she squirmed and steps back until her back touches the door and she was cornered. I walked closer trapping her against the door. 

I could hear her harsh breathings. I smelled her scent and I almost lost it. I was so tempted to bury my nose into her neck and lost myself into her sweet scent — lavender and honey smell. Sweet, potent, and hypnotizing. Clenching my jaws, I held back the desire that's slowly luring my sanity.

"That's why, work with me, Bella. I will rectify the things I had done." I swallowed thickly as I hover over her. My heart racing rapidly at our closeness. Her head tilted back so our eyes met. She was searching something in my eyes and I felt like I was drowning into the depths of her beautiful cerulean eyes. They were the most mesmerizing eyes I've ever seen.

****

Clara Bell's POV

Should I trust him?  No! My ego objected. I won't succumb unto his charms. He can't rectify it. It's been done. The damage has been done. And I don't trust myself around him. I'd rather work anywhere than being around him. 

His very masculine scent is really distracting me causing my whole system in turmoil. My heart races rapidly just at his mere proximity, but my thoughts were still intact.

I let out a frustrated sigh and look up at him, ignoring the slight pain in my neck after craning for a while as I met his intense gaze. I can't seem to take my eyes off his green ones. They are just as captivating as his face.

Decisively, "No, thank you, but I'd rather work somewhere than being around you, Mr. Conceited Pig!" I smirked smugly as I push him away from me. He didn't expect my reaction that he stumbled backward and I took that opportunity to escape from him. As soon as I close the door behind me, I heaved a relieved sigh. Feeling victorious, I head out of the building with buoyancy, swearing not to make another step into this building. 

I had two interviews today with a two fancy hotels as a server. They said they will call me, which means I'm not hired. I already got a lot of that lines to a lot of companies I went on for an interview. 

I was so frustrated and very angry that I didn't even think about it, I just decided to see him. I was ready to kill when I step into his office. And seeing him like he wasn't affected at all with my outburst made me more furious. 

Work with me huh? His ass!

I heard my belly growled so I decided to stop by to a diner. I saw one closer to the building. I glanced at my cheap watch and it's already three in the afternoon. I just had a toast bread and coffee this morning and it's past lunch. 

Shortly, I was standing in front of a decent size of a diner with a simple interior design. Some of the cream paint on the corner are peeling off. The waiter smiled at me when he saw me walked in. He approached me and told me to take any table I want. I walked to a corner and occupied the small table for two persons. 

"Here's our menu, Ms." he handed me a white paper with all the dish listed in it. I smiled and thank him. 

"Anything to drink?" he asked politely.

"Just a glass of water please," I replied casually and thank him again. He just smiled and left promising to come back with the water.

I started looking for the menu, looking for food that interest me. The buffalo chicken wrap sounds mouth watering with fries and vegetable garden soup.

Shortly the waiter came back with my water and he took my order enthusiastically and left again leaving me alone. I looked around and there's like three people eating. It's three in the afternoon, so obviously people are either busy working or at their home napping. 

I was looking out the window when I felt my phone vibrated. I pulled it out of my purse and check who's calling me. It's Enna. "Hi, Enna! What's up?" I began as soon as the line connected.

"Nothing much. Just want to check on you. How was the interview?" she asked sweetly.

"It's fine. As usual, their favorite line. I'll call you in few days to let you know if you are hired!" I mimicked their voices which made Enna laugh in amusement. "I knew it's impossible. I got it!" I huffed unconsciously, letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Ohh, Bell! I'm sorry, but don't worry? Nothing is impossible if you're determined. There's always there for you. Just don't give up," she comforted, deep concern laced in her voice.

"Thanks, Enna! I'm already indebted to you," I blurted out before I could stop myself. It's too late before I realized it. Enna hated it when I felt it that way.

"Shut up, Clara Bell! You don't owe me anything. So stop thinking about it!!" she chided.

"Sorry," I mumbled softly. 

"I am your friend and you are like a sister to me. So please, don't feel indebted to me! OK?" she added angrily.

"Ok, I got it. I'm sorry, I just can't help it," I said softly. "Oh, I went to see Rafael Valiente today," I continued on before she could retort to change the topic.

"Really? Did he tell you to help you get back your job?" her excited voice resurfaces.

"No!" I replied shortly, which made her gasped.

"So what happened? And why did you decided to see him?" she asked incredulously.

"I went to see him because I was so frustrated and angry after the interview and called him selfish, conceited, and black-hearted." I sighed as I recalled our heated encounter.

"WHAT?" Enna screeched on the other line. I felt like my eardrum just broke. I saw the waiter approaching with my food in a tray.

He put the food down in front of me and I mouth thank you and he just nod in response, leaving me a sweet smile as I divert my attention back to Enna who was now rambling stuff which I'd like to ignore but she's right again.

"I know, I wasn't thinking when I just barge in his office and called him those words." I mentally cringed with the three words I just called him. If sister Theresa found out that I'm swearing, cursing, and tongue lashing, she won't be happy with me.

"I told you to get away from him. You just sealed your fate Bell! He's the worst enemy, believe me!" Enna's words echoed in my speaker sounding worried and defeated.

"I was too hurt and angry. I know, I just did the worst decision of my life." I uttered defeatedly. I felt a lump stuck in my throat when I realized she's right again.

What am I thinking?

I started eating my soup before it gets cold. Enna was rambling on and on about how cruel he is and he never let things like this past without retaliation and she got that right again. He just did it. He managed to ruin my reputation and now I'm struggling to find a job because I upset him. I know it's unfair but that's how life works in this world. 

If you have money, you have power, then you make the rules.

"Go back to him and apologize, Bell. For your own good," she remarked before she ended the call.

Can I do that? After I called him with all of those foul words, does she thinks he will just forgive me like that?

No! I stubbornly objected. I will find a job. I will just start again maybe with the smaller businesses and maybe change my name, too. 

Argh. Hopeless, Clara Bell!

*****

Rafael Alejandro's POV

After my encounter with her, my mood became foul. I canceled all my meetings with my directors and Christopher since I'm not in the mood to meet anyone. I just leaned on my chair and watch the busy downtown of Manhattan. My head was reeling with her last words. I couldn't concentrate since I'm fully occupied with her. She's the only girl who made me think irrationally. And she was the only girl who didn't swoon over my feet. I thought at first she's just like those girls who shamelessly throwing themselves unto me. I wanted to see her smile again and flirting with me.

After work, I found myself sitting at the bar drinking my whiskey as I tried to think of another plan on how can I get her to work with me. I don't know why I am so persistent, but I want her. I will make her submit to me and be mine.

I swigged my glass and took a big gulp. I felt the burst of burning sensation slithering down in the back of my throat. I ignored it and looked around the bar. The place wasn't packed yet since it's just seven at night. 

A raven haired slender woman approached me sexily. "Mind if I join you?" she purred sensually. I guess getting laid tonight is a good diversion.

"Not at all," I replied as I gave her my sweet panty-dropping smile. She gave me a full blown smile like she won a lottery. That smile that I want to see at Clara Bell's face. Shaking the thoughts off aside, I face the sultry woman.

We chatted for a bit and after few more glasses, we both walked out the bar clinging to each other. I drove her to the closest hotel and hurriedly took the elevator to the designated room. As soon as we entered the room, I pulled her and claimed her lips and kissed her hungrily, which she responded it voraciously. I nip her bottom lip and she mimicked it. I pulled her dress off her without wasting a second and skimmed her lower back down to her behind, then grope her ass. She groaned and moaned nonstop. While fucking her, I don't feel any satisfaction. Something lacking which I can't point it out. Just like the other night, my libido calls was relieved.

She's already sleeping, but I'm still wide awake and again Bella's furious face flashed through my head making me turned on. I rolled on top of the girl beside me, which I forgot what's her name, I think Jane or Jenna. She opened her eyes lazily but then she giggled when she felt my erection. I was looking at her but with another face in my head. I captured her lips thinking I'm kissing Bella and soon our body joined fucking roughly. She was whimpering and panting as she begs me for released. And cerulean eyes stared at me, with one rough thrust I climaxed calling her name out loud. 

Jane or Jenna, whatever, pushed me furiously out of her. I rolled on her side and swung my legs out of the bed and started picking my clothes and quietly putting them back on.

"Bastard!" she hissed which I just ignored and left her cursing me furiously.

****

Clara Bell's POV

I woke up with the annoying sound of my phone. I grab it from the bedside table and answered it without bothering to check. I was so sleepy since I went to bed late last night.

"Clara Bell speaking!" I said groggily.

"This is Mark Howard from the HR Department of Grandt Carlston Hotel, I am happy to announce to you Ms. Bennet that your application has been approved and you are officially hired. We will be expecting your appearance for your training on your first day this Monday, 5th of September at 7:00 sharp. Please let us confirm if it still interests you." The guy announced which awoken me completely. I bolted upright when his words sunk in my head completely. Suddenly, my whole system was wide awake with the good news. The sleepiness evaporates in a blink of an eye. 

"Are you sure, you're hiring me?" I asked bewildered. I can't still believe it.

"Yes, Ms. Bennet! Is the job still interest you?" the guy asked in his professional tone though a little sounding confused.

"Yes, yes.. yes..!" I exclaimed happily. 

"Great! Please look for Ariana at the back of the house. She will be the one to orient you regarding with your job. We will see you Monday. Have a good day, Ms. Bennet!" he said dismissively and the line ended.

"Yes!" I squealed and jump on the bed happily. I was so excited and happy. I felt like I just won a lottery. 

I check on the time it's already ten in the morning. Enna is already at work. I'll call her later. 

I decided to just text her. I quickly tap on the message button and started tapping on my phone.

Good Morning Pretty Enna! I have a good news to share. I WAS HIRED AT THE GRANDT CARLSTON HOTEL! :) :) :) I thought you would like to know. I'm so happy! I love you and TTYL! - Bell.

I place the phone on the bedside table and I was grinning ear to ear. I can't believe I got a job. I stood up and made my way to the washroom to wash my face and brush my teeth before heading out of my room and maybe do some cleaning. Smiles still plastered on my face.

I just got a job. I can't still believe it! Last night, I was so hopeless.

I mentally thank the Lord while grinning at oblivion.

*****

Rafael Alejandro's POV

I leaned against my chair and stared at the tall ceiling of my office. "What do you have, Bill?" I asked impatiently. I wanted to know her whereabouts and what she's up to. She was too tough to bend.

"She's living with her best friend, Athena Giudici."

Giudici?

"The only daughter of Salvo Guidici, the CEO of the Guidici Publishing Corp. She's been with her for seven years and they are very close. She is the daughter of Amanda Bennet married to a drunkard Barry Bennet. Amanda died of heart attack when she was thirteen." Bill continued on as I patiently listened to him. "It was also rumored that Clara Bell left her father early morning and she was found unconscious on a street 150 km from their house. She was soon passed down to the orphanage since her father is unable to take care of her because of his state. He doesn't have a job and he drinks often then he's sober." He added. I was nodding my head and as he goes on. My curiosity kept growing as I hear more.

"Sister Theresa, the orphanage's  was so fond of her that she became her second mother and sent her to school until she's eighteen. She finished Tourism and then she left the orphanage and moved here in New York where she met Athena Guidici and she lived with her, seven years ago, until now." He elaborated further. Again he proved his worth. He was indeed a very skilled and efficient secret investigator.

"What about her whereabouts now?" I asked impatiently.

"She's living on the 18 floor of Langley's Condo Suite, at 55 Leonard street. And she just got hired at the Grandt Carlston Hotel. She should be starting this Monday." He proudly added. He sounded so satisfied with his findings and I can't blame him. He just got what I needed.

"Thank you, Bill. I had your payment transferred already," I said dismissively. I was happy because I know that the Grandt Carlston Hotel was in bankruptcy. I was so excited.

I punch on the extension line leading to Katherine's phone.

"Yes, Mr. Valiente?" she answered quickly.

"Make an appointment with Agnus Carlston of the Grandt Carlston Hotel. ASAP!" I ordered holding the urge to squeal in excitement.

"Yes, sir!" she replied and I ended the line. 

I leaned in against my chair and smiled as the plan flashed through my head. 

You can't get away from me, Bella! Not with Rafael Valiente.

I was sitting in front of Mr. Agnus Carlston. He's in his mid 60's I believe. He looks exhausted and deprived of sleep. Those bags under his eyes couldn't lie it.

"How can I help you, Mr. Valiente? Why the sudden meeting with me?" he asked not bothering to hide his fondness for me.

"I will get straight to the point, Mr. Carlston. I'm here to make an offer to your hotel," I said with a straight face, sizing him up giving him my serious steely face.

"What made you think I'm selling my hotel, Mr. Valiente?" he stated exasperatedly. He was looking at me in displeasure, but he knew too well not to make me really angry. And he knew I never played a game I wasn't thoroughly familiar with. "I know what's going on inside your company, Agnus," I stressed out without preamble in my uncontrolled tone. I hate going around the bush.

"What do you mean?" he asked feigning innocence but I'm not the one to buy it.

"I know your company is in bankruptcy, so let's get real here." Cocking my eyebrow at him, he looks stiffened. "I will offer you more than the market can offer. I can double it if you want," I smirked, and his face turns stony.

"Why all of a sudden you became interested in my company?" he countered, his eyes was full of curiosity though disdain is still evident in his tone.

"Let's just say, I wanted to try a different course of business," I excused lamely. I know, he won't believe me. I won't be the 5th richest in the world if I just dealt with business lamely. 

He regarded me intently for a while and I'm getting impatient by the second. "I'll talk to my lawyer and start dealing with your lawyer," he finally agreed and I smirked. He's a wise man.

I stood up and shook his hand, then promptly left his office with a smile plastered on my face.

****

Clara Bell's POV

It's my first day of work and I was so excited. I wore my gray pencil cut and white buttoned shirt and top it with a gray blazer that matches the color of my skirt. I pulled my hair into a bun and applied a natural make up. I applied some lipgloss to my already red lips and wore my three inches heel.

I don't know exactly what's my job is, but it's better to show up in a formal attire so to impress. As they say, the first impression at lasts.

Soon, I was outside the building waiting for a cab. 

After like a decade, the cab finally parked on the side of the road in front of the hotel. I paid the cab and thank him and climbed out of the car. I stood there and watch the big metal sign just above the entrance door. I heaved a loud sigh cheering myself inwardly and started walking around the building to the back door. 

I saw a guy in his black and white uniform, with a dirty white long apron covering his front, smoking. He stood straight and realized he stands the same height as me. He had a long shaggy brown hair, and about mid-twenties. Lean and an average looking guy.

His brown eyes scanned me as I walked closer. I felt suddenly scared, but then when he smiled warmly at me, I felt relax.

"You're Clara Bell, right?" he asked as he tossed the half cigarette and step on it.

"Yes," I nodded as I gave him a small awkward smile. I just realized he had two-way radios and place the mouthpiece close to his mouth and spoke.

"Clara Bell is here," he said over the small mouthpiece.

"Please wait for her. She'll be out any moment to get you," he smiled and opened the back door and led me inside.

A dirty blonde around her mid 30's was approaching us smiling sweetly. I felt comfortable right away with just her smile. 

"Hi, I'm Ariana. You must be Clara Bell," she smiled as she stretches her hand.

"Yes. Clara Bell Bennet!" I confirmed taking her hands for a handshake.

"Thanks, Jimmy!" Ariana smiled at him, and the latter just tips his head playfully and then walk away. "Please follow me!" she said as she turned on her heel and walked to her right to a hallway where Jimmy headed and we passed which I believe was a kitchen, as I heard clanging and banging of pans and where Jimmy disappears. I could smell the aroma of the food.

"You will be joining our Event Planner team. For now, we will start with the basic. To let you know where are all the rooms are. Start with the kitchen." she explained. She showed me the hall where they usually held the even. They do wedding, Christening, A ball, or any big parties. They cater and plan the event.

A month later ...

I was enjoying my job and I forgot all about Rafael. My job was easy and I'm loving it. My creativeness comes in handy as well. I've got some praises from my manager, Ariana and I'm happy they noticed the little things I did.

"Bell, could you do me a favor please?" Ariana approached me, as she looks exhausted. 

I know we are running out of time and the client was too picky that almost drove my manager's sanity into hell. She always changed her mind. It's her wedding reception and she can't make up her mind with the theme.

"Sure! What is it?" I asked as I smiled sweetly.

"Do you know that we have a new CEO?" she asked looking apprehensive.

"No?" I said dumbfounded. 

"Yes. And he's living right now in the penthouse on the top floor. And she requested you specifically to bring his food, right now!" she eyed me with suspicion and I was staring back at her with confusion. "Do you by any chance know him?" she asked regarding me closely.

"No," I said as I shook my head bewildered. "Who could be?" I mumbled softly, my furrowing my forehead. I don't know anyone that could possibly interested with me, I thought.

"Forget about it. Just go before we are all get fired here. They said he was brooding when he called the Hotel Manager," she said waving me off dismissively.

"OK. I'll see you in a bit," I said awkwardly and walked to the kitchen to get his food and bring it to whoever that bastard is. I'm feeling agitated. I felt something odd, but I shook the thoughts off.

I hope this won't be the end of my job.

I got traumatized after I got a call from Mr. Johnson that day.

____________________

Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 57.8K 53
(Sequel to Possessive At First Sight) Highest Romance Rating: #70 Alexander James Demakis. One thing for sure, he's a drop-dead gorgeous hunk w...
551K 19.1K 52
{Completed} Book #1 He finally answered the phone after the third ring. " You wanted to destroy me right ? Don't worry i'll do it for you, i wont di...
6.7M 129K 30
"You wanted more, more, more! You're nothing but a gold-digger!" He shouted, and I gasped. Rafael Luciano, the love of my life; a sweet, handsome, am...
6.3M 247K 43
The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing more in life. His perfect match. He wishe...