๐‘ป๐’“๐’–๐’”๐’• ๐‘ถ๐’–๐’“ ๐‘ณ๐’๐’—๐’† -T...

By Black_Bunny07

Fast paced footsteps are barely heard at the rink of midnight. One brown hand was at the hilt of the scabbard... More

Prolonge
Chapter 1: A Friend or Foe
Chapter 2: Training
Chapter 3: Mission
Chapter 4: Emotions
Chapter 5: Dream
Chapter 6: Another Loss
Chapter 7: A Message
Chapter 8: A Visit
Chapter 9: Amari
Chapter 10: Play?
Chapter 11: Poisoned
Chapter 12: Special
Chapter 13: Memories
Chapter 14: Hard Days
Chapter 15: Awake
Chapter 16: Entertainment District
Chapter 17: Jealousy
Chapter 18: Oiran
Chapter 19: Remember
Chapter 20: Sorry...Everyone
Chapter 21: Not Yet
Chapter 22: Alive?
Chapter 23: Eyes Open
Chapter 24: Memory Loss
Chapter 25: Oh Dear
Chapter 27: Uh, hi?
Chapter 28: Triggered Memory
Chapter 29: Who is Amari?
Chapter 30: I Want to Remember You
Chapter 31: Back On The Job
Chapter 32: Back on Mission
Cสœแด€แด˜แด›แด‡ส€ 33

Chapter 26: Questions

443 17 31
By Black_Bunny07

Second Person

"I've got questions.
I've got questions haunting me."

~~~~~~~~

*Spoilers Below*

*Read At Your Own Risk*

*Still Here?*

*Alright Then*

When Tanjiro awoken from his very long slumber, he was alone in a familiar room. His eyes lazily open and he repeatedly blinked a few times to adjust to the lightening. His breath is light but definitely there.

His mind is hazy, thinking back to the dream he had only moments ago. Or was that a dream? It felt like more real than a dream. Like he was actually there. But it wasn't him, it was someone else. Like that actually happened. It's all weird, maybe it really was a dream. Or maybe. . .

Closing his eyes to relax his mind, he then starts to wonder.

Where's Y/n and Nezuko? What happened to Inouske and Zenitsu? What about Uzui and his wives? Are they all okay? Is Y/n still alive? Is she okay? Where is everyone?

"Where. . .am I? Was that. . .a dream?"

Suddenly he heard a loud crash sound. He lightly moved his head a little towards the sound and found Kanao bewilderedly standing at the door way. A broken vase that she had just dropped and the floor with water and a flower.

She planned to bring a flower to refill the room with a nice scent for Tanjiro since he has a very good nose. During the time of his unconsciousness, she had gotten use to doing this.

Part of her would hope the sweet scents would catch his nose and awaken him. Although she knew it was highly unlikely, she still had hope.

"Since the fight you've been unconscious for two months." Kanao spoke as she moved towards the side of his bed with worried sweat on her face. "Are you alright?"

"Oh. . .really?. . .I. . .was?"

Kanao smiled with what she was sure enough to be relief. Although his answer wasn't much, it was still an answer. She's fine with just that.

"I'm glad. . .that you're awake."

Good. . .I thought he was gonna die! A mysterious cat thinks to itself in the corner while trembling and shaking before disappearing.

A random Kakushi in the clean up crew by the name of Goto walks in the room, immediately notice of the door being open. Originally, Goto planned to deliver a gift to what he thought was still an unconscious Tanjiro.

His eyes first laid sight of the broken vase on the floor. With his job being part of the Kakushi, this annoyed him because he had to pick it up.

He then walks over to Kano, completely missing Tanjiro's consciousness. "Um, i'm putting the castella here. If it looks like it's going bad, you can throw it away or eat it."

"Th. . .thank. . .you. . ." Tanjiro managed to be kind even when he's not in the best condition.

Goto paused when he heard Tanjiro speak, finally seeing that he's awake. "He. . .He's awake?! You should be more excited! You really are spacey!"

He began to scold Kanao with his eyes nearly popping out of his eye socket. "You shoulda called someone!!! And said he woke up! You dummy! Everyone is worried! Rank's don't matter! Not at a time like this!"

He then went towards the door and shouted, "Kiyo! Sumi! Naho! Aoi! Tanjiro has regained consciousness!"

The three little girls were the first to rush in with tears as they bombarded Tanjiro with their worries. Aoi soon rushed in the room with laundry over her head which scared the three little girls.

"GYAAAH! A ghost!"

"Oh. . .It's Aoi tangled up in the laundry."

Tears formed in Aoi's eyes as she moved beside Tanjiro's bed. "I'm glad he woke up! They went instead of me so they got hurt!" She cried and let her tears fall while Kanao awkwardly pats her back.

"Thank. . .you. Everyone. . .else, are they. . .alright?" Tanjiro asked very quietly, not being able to talk to fast or too loud.

"The yellow haired one. . .was it two days ago?" Goto paused and questioned, having one of the girls say a quick 'yep' before he continues. "He's active again. He's on a mission, but reluctantly."

"Zenitsu woke up the next day." Naho said.

"The sound Hashira was walking but leaning on his wives' shoulders All the kukushi were shocked at how durable he is. They were incredibly shocked." Goto finished, putting emphasis on the word 'incredibly.'

"Oh. . .and Inosuke?" Tanjiro questioned, he was well aware that Nezuko was fine. She's a demon after all, she didn't need more than a few seconds to heal.

"Inosuke's condition was really bad." Aoi continued to cry as she thought about it. "The poison got deep in him, so he was slow to use breathing to stop the bleeding."

"Oh. . .in that case. . .I must be hallucinating him clinging to the ceiling."

Everyone immediately looked up and immediately the three little girls (plus Goto) screamed when seeing Inosuke cling to the ceiling. "What are you doing?!"

Inosuke laughed. "Good job noticing me, Tanjiro!"

"Well. . .I'm lying back, so..." Tanjiro loosely and tiredly smiles.

Inosuke suddenly jumps down, somehow managing to avoid hurting Tanjiro. "I woke up seven days before you!"

"Good. . .You're amazing. . .Inosuke."

"Heh Heh Tee Hee Hee! Praise me more! And you're weak! Don't make me worry!"

As the noise began to circle around, Tanjiro began to get tired. Slowly he was drifting back off to sleep. But before he could, he had one more question he wouldn't be able to sleep without asking.

"Aoi. . ."

The girl immediately pulled herself from the chaos and attended to him. "Yes, Tanjiro?"

"Y/n. . .what happened. . .to her?"

Aoi's eyes fill with worry and slight fear but she answers anyway. "When the Kakushi found you, you were laid on the dirt holding her. We weren't sure if she was alive at first because her condition was just as bad as Inosuke. She was rushed to Shinobu with the help of Nezuko, and we haven't seen her since."

"The Hashira have visited a few times and they all didn't look too happy. Especially the Love Hashira, she's comes the most often when she's not on a mission. But lately Shinobu's been more on edge, and so has the Love Hashira. We're not sure why. But I think Y/n's still alive. We don't know if she's particularly okay, let alone conscious. Sorry, Tanjiro."

Tanjiro looked conflicted, he didn't know what to think. "Oh. . ."

Noticing his saddened look, Aoi bites her tongue before saying. "But don't worry! I'll go to Shinobu and see what information I can."

"Really. . .?" Tanjiro had a tired but hopeful look which lead her to smile and nod. "Thank. . .You." He managed to say before falling soundlessly asleep.

Aoi smiled at his sleeping form before racing out of the room. "Miss Shinobu!" She called as she kept running. She had to pause her running to catch her breath a few times before continuing.

When she finally spotted her higher up talking to the Love Hashira, she ran as fast as she could. And gave one finally shout.

"MISS SHINOBU!"

The two adults turn their heads towards down the hall. Seeing Aoi pace down the hallway at a rapid speed.

"Yes, Aoi?" Shinobu calmly spoke once the girl finally stopped in front of her. "Is something the matter?"

Aoi pants, leaning over to place her hands on her knees as she tries to even her breathing. Once she's caught her breath, she points a hand down the hall. "It's Tanjiro!"

She takes a few more seconds to continue catching her breath before looking up at Shinobu with a panicked look. "Tanjirous awake!"

Mitsuri gasps and covers her mouth at the coincidence. "The timing."

She glances over to Shinobu, who takes a deep breath to keep her composure. The most she can mutter out is,

"Oh dear."

"That's not all." Aoi finally manages to pull herself to stand straight. "Tanjiro's wondering about Y/n. He asked if she was alright and I couldn't exactly give him a real answer. He's worried about her. We all are."

Mitsuri glances over to Shinobu, seeing the girl glance back. Then they both turn their heads back to Aoi.

"Miss Shinobu, is. . ." Aoi looks down and nervously plays with her hands. "Is Y/n- Is she alive? Sorry! It's just. . .you've been on edge a lot more recently and none of us have been able to see her so. . ."

"Your concerns are understandable. No need to explain yourself. But rest assured, Y/n is alive." Shinobu assured her, glancing over to Mitsuri before adding. "She is also conscious."

Aoi's eyes widen and a smile appears on her face. "Really?! That's great! Can we see her?"

"I'm afraid not at the moment." Shinobu said which sparked a confused look on Aoi's face. "Y/n is not. . .completely well at the moment. There's a problem with her. But in a week, I'll allow you all to see her. How's that sound?"

"A week?" Aoi looks at her confused but nods nonetheless. "Yes ma'am! I'll tell the others. Thank you, Miss Shinobu."

Shinobu sends her a smile along with a nod, watching the girl walk away. Then she turns to Mitsuri, who looks at her conflicted.

"A week?" Mitsuri repeats visibly confused and surprised by her answer.

"Yes. I highly doubt we'll be able to unlock all of her memories by then. But perhaps being with more people she cares about will help speed up the process." Shinobu exhales through her nose and faces the door to your room. "For now, we need her to at least get back on her feet. She's already persistent on doing so. And she has questions that need to be answered."

"So do we." Mitsuri says as she turn towards the door too.

"Exactly." Shinobu nods before she reaches for the door nob, turning it before pushing it open.

The two adult women are greeted with you sitting up on the bed with your finished lunchbox sitting on the bedside table. You were fumbling around with your bandaged arms as you stared out the window.

When you heard the door open, your gaze immediately turns to the two female Hashiras walking in the room. "You're back." You said as they closed the door and walk over to you. "If you don't mind, I have a few questions. I'm really confused."

"I'm sure you are." Shinobu smiles as she sits on the edge of the bed. Mitsuri grabs the chair beside your bed and places it near the end so she sits by Shinobu and faces you. "How about this. We each ask each other a question. We'll take turns asking. You get to ask questions, and we get to ask you. Are you up to it?"

"Yes, I would like that." You nod with the smallest of smiles appearing on your lips. "Can I go first?"

Shinobu nods encouragingly. "Of course. Go right ahead."

You took a moment to think before asking your first question. "Why am I here? I tried to think of why but I can't remember. I just assumed I got injured on a mission and you're the doctor taking care of me."

"That's right." Shinobu nods again with a smile. "You were on a mission with the Sound Hashira and three other Demon Slayers. There were two Uppermoons. You fought really well and almost barely survived. You were in a small coma for two months."

"Oh." You nod and look down at your bandaged arms.

"My turn. What is your age?"

"12."

Mitsuri and Shinobu look at each other before looking back at you. Shinobu nods at you, gesturing you to ask your next question.

"Why do I feel like I know you?" You suddenly ask, which slightly threw the two adults off guard. "I keep getting this. . .this weird familiar feeling when i'm around you. Like I know you but I just don't remember you. I can feel it in the way you associate with me. Like you know me too. Both of you."

"She's always been smart." Mitsuri smiles, earning a nod from Shinobu. "You do know us, Y/n. You just don't remember at the moment. But trust me, you know us well."

"Hmm."

"My turn!" Mitsuri pipes up and clears her throat. "Okay. Are you in love? Do you have a lover? A boyfriend? A husband? And wife? Anything?"

"Mitsuri." Shinobu looks at her with a blank look and a blank smile.

"What? It's all the same question. . .just formed in different phrases so she knows what I mean. I was elaborating so she wouldn't get confused. I think we deserve to know."

You smile at the two's dynamic. "Uh, yeah. I have a boyfriend."

Mitsuri looks at her with a big smile and widened eyes. "Really?! Tell me! Tell me!"

"Well, we're kind of fiancés." An excited smile appears on your face  from the topic, which makes the two look at you warmly. "We promised to get married when we turn sixteen. I can't wait! He's amazing and loves me for me The first guy to except me for me. Well, besides my dad."

Suddenly, Mitsuri and Shinobu looks at you with sympathy. "Oh. . .Oh no."

Noticing their looks, you give a confused one of your own. "What's wrong?"

"Married at 16. . ." Mitsuri repeats sadly as she moves over to whisper in Shinobu's ear. "She was supposed to get married this year. That explains why she was so much more distant and didn't like the topic of love or marriage this year."

"Also why she doesn't mention him." Shinobu whispered back. "This year must have been extra hard for. Especially with her injuries and Tanjiro making his way in her life."

"That explains why she doesn't want to get close to Tanjiro. With her aura thing, she probably already knows how he feels about her. And with this year being her marriage anniversary, she probably hasn't cared much about taking care of herself as much as usual."

"Excuse me." You suddenly said, making the two stop and look at you. "Sorry, but you're whispering a lot and I can feel the sympathy and sadness radiating off you. Which makes me question, why is everything so much more. . .bigger? My body. My height. My senses. My voice. My ability. Everything is not the same as before."

"I. . .wasn't expecting this question so soon. But I suppose it's not a surprise." Shinobu clears her throat and gently push Mitsuri back to her seat. "Dear, I don't want you to carry so much since you awoken from your coma not too long ago. But since you asked, you were coma and your subconscious slipped somewhere far into your memories, possibly your safe place, to protect you and keep you alive. Memory loss. Which leads to my next question, what is the last thing you remember?"

". . ."

You stare appalled and look down at your bandaged hands. A feeling of panic rushes through your body as you rip the bandages off your arms. Then ripping the bandages off your legs. Staring at your wounded and bruised arms and legs in disbelief.

"I know it's a lot to carry right now. But please try to-" Shinobu reached over to place a gentle hand on top of yours. But you immediately move away from her.

"Don't- don't tough me!" You say as you move from her with a heavy breath. "Where's my father! Where's Amari? I want to go home! I want my family!"

"They, uh." Mitsuri didn't know what to say. She could see you were clearing in a state of panic and she didn't want to worsen it so instead she stayed quiet.

"They're what?" You question but she only looks away. You could feel the her sympathy growing and your eyes widen as you shake your head. "No. . .No. No. This isn't real. Please tell me this is a joke. You're playing with me."

"Y/n-"

"No! I refuse to believe it! It's not true! Go ahead, laugh! You got me! It's a joke!" You tried to laugh as tears began to form in your eyes. But they only stared at you, making you shake your head. "No. . .No! It's not true!"

"Y/n-"

"Stop!" You yell and force yourself off the bed. "I'm leaving! I'm going home!"

"No, don't get up!" Mitsuri tries to hold you back but you move away from her.

"Don't touch me!"

You yell as you push yourself on your feet and try to make it to the door. But your aching legs give out on you so you topple over and fall to the cold floor.

The two girls immediately rush to your side. Seeing tears fall down your eyes as you sobbed while trying to crawl your way to the door.

Your breathing was completely uneven as you were having a panic attack. Your head was crowded with negativity and you could barely hear the two girls trying to calm you.

"Please calm down, Y/n! You're hurting yourself!"

Blood was forming from a few of your wounds that had reopened due to the commotion. And the bandages weren't on your body so your blood was staining the cold wooden floor.

Tears strained your eyes as they flooded down your cheeks. They were hot and they stinged which blurred your vision. But your were persistent and ignoring the obvious pain surrounding your body, wanting nothing more than to go home. To see your family one last time.

But that wasn't possible. You could never see them again. Not in this life.

Your chest pounded and pounded, having you struggle to breathe. The panic surrounding your body but more importantly, your heart, was making it difficult to move.

Your sore muscles ache and give out on you. Now you could do nothing more than lay helplessly on the cold wooden floor and sob.

As Mitsuri and Shinobu tried to help you, you ignored them. You no longer cared about anything.

All that you had left, you were just told was gone. You now care excessively less about emotions and yourself.

Yet, you still had one question burning in your mind like a hot flame itching to be put out. And before you could fall unconscious, your quiet and strained voice managed to mutter it.

"Why did I continue living
if there's nothing left to live for?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 285 30
*โ€ขCrystals in the Moonlightโ€ข* a Demon Slayer Fanfiction *ON HIATUS/DISCONTINUED* "If I can't save the people that I love most, how will I ever be abl...
249K 11.6K 104
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐™’๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š.. ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ข ๐™„? โž โˆ˜โ‚Šโœงโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โœงโ‚Šโˆ˜ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-first century. In fact, it would be a com...
54.2K 2.5K 22
โ” โ ๐’๐‡๐„ ๐‹๐Ž๐Ž๐Š๐’ ๐‰๐”๐’๐“ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ ๐€ ๐ƒ๐‘๐„๐€๐Œ, ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐‘๐„๐“๐“๐ˆ๐„๐’๐“ ๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ ๐ˆ'๐•๐„ ๐„๐•๐„๐‘ ๐’๐„๐„๐. โž ( kamado tanjiro x fem!reader...
18.4K 442 28
๊งIn a world with a constant war between humans and demons, (Y/n) Hagakarฤ“ is one of the many people who have experienced the horror of encountering t...