The Broken Mate

De HumbleSmith123

Lola's life came crumbling the moment she met her mate, Alpha Torian, smooching and kissing another lady in h... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
New Book Alert!!!

Chapter 64

7.8K 305 11
De HumbleSmith123

Blake's POV

I attacked Vienna with a speed that could clearly match the speed of lightning, sending a compelling blow to her belly which crashed her to the ground in a heavy and loud thud that I knew could easily be heard by anyone close to the door. The next thing that filled the room was her cry of pain, but all of that seemed like it was sounding distant in my ears.

She was shaking in terror, dragging and sprawling herself backward away from me, while I stomped forward with only one thing in mind; kill her. That was all I was hearing inside my head, and I wasn't going to hesitate for a second before plucking out her heart and eyes, not minding that she was the daughter of the Royal Advisor.

I was prepared to face any punishment in the world for murdering her, because there was no way I could let her live while the love of my life was killed or forced to flee, hiding in the bushes and sleeping out in the forest, vulnerable to any attack. I can't let the girl who just ruined my blissful moment go scot free.

"Blake, are you going to kill me?" She screeched on seeing that I was transforming into my pure vampire form with sharp fangs and claws that were strong enough to cut through iron. There was terror in her eyes as her entire body trembled vehemently.

"Yes, I am killing you right here and now!" I managed to reply before pouncing on her where she lay on the floor. She would have run away through the door, but my first punch seemed like it had sapped out all the strength in her.

As I sat on her belly to end it all, hot tears formed in my eyes. The thought that Lola's identity would be exposed in a few minutes' time was like a bomb of agony exploding continuously inside me and a thousand swords piercing its way into the core of my heart.

I knew that killing Vienna would change the fact that I wouldn't be able to be with Lola again. Her scent will spread now and diffuse through the entire building, attracting both my parents and the hunters, who won't waste a second to come hunting for her.

Lola might be killed at the end, and I will have to drift back to that dark world of intense sadness and misery, mourning for her every day and night with no appetite to eat. Vienna just put an end to my happiness. All because of Vienna, all the joy that was about to build up in me has crashed.

" I thought you were only going to threaten me?! I thought you had something for me to do for you so you would spare my love from being exposed, but even before I could give in, you poured it on her, you evil soul!!" I roared in exasperation and the deepest sadness I had ever felt in my life.

She opened her mouth to say something, but I didn't want to hear her voice. What does she have to say? That she is sorry? Or that it was a mistake? Would any of that change the fact that Lola is no longer going to be my queen? Vienna destroyed me, and I have to end her life because I can't let her live and see me consumed every day in anguish.

"Blake... I..."

Two punches from me pushed back whatever she was about to say, and blood spurted from her lips with her screech filling the room, which drew out more rage in me instead of pity.

I raised my palm this time with my sharp claws directed at her chest while I used my left hand to choke her neck and pin it to the floor so she wouldn't be able to defend herself. I have to end her life immediately before facing the horror of the hunters' attack on Lola.

"No... no.." Vienna's muffled voice and her struggles were all like the trigger of fury, pushing me to kill her off instantly.

"Go to hell, obsessed whore!" I thundered, and just as I was about to assassinate her, someone held my hand.

The feeling of that skin sent tingles all over me, and I knew it was Lola without looking back.

"It wasn't silver," she mumbled to me, and it was like a burden was lifted off my heart. I heaved a deep sigh of relief and slumped there on the floor, catching my breath as I felt like one who had just come back to life.

I didn't know when I started to laugh crazily, like one who had gone mad. It was so funny how much I had fallen for this thing called love. Just a few minutes ago, I was about to kill Vienna, a royal member, without second thoughts, not minding whatever implication could befall me. I was crying too.

Shedding tears because I won't be able to be with Lola forever again as she would have to start running away from this kingdom since her wolf scent would draw more attackers to her.

It is so funny how deep I have gone in falling head over heels in love with Lola, a hybrid.

I stood up from the floor and turned to her, fixing my eyes on her face where the liquid had dropped, and it was still there like water, having no effect. I couldn't smell any wolf scent, which means it was true that the liquid wasn't silver.

"You are fine, right? You don't feel any pain at all," I cooed, caressing her cheeks and brushing the fringe of hair scattered around her face.

She smiled beautifully, and it tugged at my heart funnily enough to make me laugh again. Her smile was like an enchantment that made me feel so much better.

"What charm did she use on you, Blake?! I believe in love, but I haven't seen this type before!" Vienna bawled from behind, and I turned to face her, my arm wrapped around Lola's shoulder.

"You haven't seen this type before? Really?" I laughed, but she rolled her eyes and scoffed, struggling to get up off the floor.

Lola rushed to help her up, but she sent a death glare at her, instilling fear that made her back away.

"You don't want her to help you? Don't tell me you hate the young girl who did nothing to you?" I frowned, and Vienna cackled before sneering at Lola.

"You helped me confirm that silver can reveal her true identity. Now I have no single doubt. It is time to go tell your mother," she stated with a shrug and another roll of eyeballs.

"You are not doing that! Vienna, what is wrong with you?" I yelled, and she hissed at me while wiping the blood on her lips.

"You know what is wrong with me? I want you! I want you to choose me and me only. That is the only thing that will make me keep this secret." She mumbled, tears falling down her cheeks.

Lola left me and walked closer to her this second time, and not even Vienna's glare made her back away.

"Vienna," she called and got no response, as Vienna concentrated on drying her eyes.

"You aren't a bad girl. I can attest to that with my life. You have a very beautiful heart that I am envious of. A pretty girl with a beautiful heart is a rare gem and every man's dream. That's why you didn't pour real silver on me." Lola purred with a friendly tone and a sweet smile, which clearly stunned Vienna.

"What are you saying?" She sneered at her, but Lola held her hand and nodded.

"I love you and want us to be friends. I am a hybrid, and you know what it means? I will one day be stronger than a normal vampire or wolf. Then, I will make sure no one bullies you. You will also be friends with Blake and he will treat you like a princess" Lola added, fondling her chubby cheeks this time.

I saw the smile that crossed Vienna's face and how she blushed a little even as she tried to hide it.

"So this is how you got his heart, huh? With those heartwarming words and pretty eyes, that melts anyone's heart. The moment I first saw you, I knew there was something special about you. You have a way of making anyone like you. I don't even know why I kept the real silver and came up with a fake one just after setting my eyes on you," Vienna relayed with squinted eyes.

She dipped her hand inside her pocket and brought out another bottle that had real silver in it.

"Here is it. I planned on pouring it on you without hesitation, but I lost the courage suddenly. Tell Blake not to hate me... imagine that intense resentment and rage in his eyes when he almost killed me. Gosh! It left me terrified." She whined like a baby, and I was forced to laugh.

Lola gave me a glance, and I quickly stepped closer to Vienna. She looked up at my face and swiped her face away in guilt.

"Once you keep this secret, I promise to treat you like a princess. You can also live with us here in this palace. The same for your friend, Liya... Now come and give me a hug," I said, and her eyes darted at me, filled with shock.

"Really?" She mumbled, glancing at Lola, who smiled back at her.

"Yes, come and give me a hug, baby," I added, and she squeaked, running into my arms and clinging tight like it was where her life depended on it.

Lola's POV

I watched as Vienna hugged him with squeaks and excitement, forcing me to grin happily. I couldn't help grinning from ear to ear, seeing that it had all been solved.

For real, I was going to live happily with Blake just as I had dreamt of. Sophia won't be able to destroy my pack because she can't get me here to open the door. Sophia's plan had failed, especially as Jace had left the pack too.

In that letter I wrote, I threatened to open the room and get the Alpha killed by destroying his dark powers, but I was only bluffing and wouldn't do that. No matter how much he had tortured and made my life a misery, I still couldn't have the mind to cause his death.

Those powers were also used to protect the pack in wars with enemy packs. I have to forgive him and let it all slide. Because that way, everyone would live in peace, which is what I so badly desire now. Being with the love of my life, Blake,

Little did I know that the Alpha I forgave had teamed up with the demons to bring me down. How was I to know that sometimes forgiveness could be the greatest mistake that could cost my life?

I was so sure it was over, not knowing that Sophia was out there setting up a dangerous plan which would shatter my life and everything I cherished.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

202K 8.1K 31
❇ Book Two ❇ ♥ The Rejected Mate Series ♥ ◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼ Skylar Hunter has had a twist...
474K 13.6K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
14.8K 888 100
"I want you. I want all of you because you are mine." As an Alpha, Amber has it all except for a mate. She has been waiting for the Luna's time but t...
13.4K 504 38
Having a mate is supposed to be the best thing in a person's lives right? Wrong. When I first met my mate I found out something that changed everythi...