Your Lies Catch Up To You...

By retrozstarz

Everything from this point and on will take place after the ROTTMNT movie, if you haven't already, please go... More

Onset of Words
More and More
Emotion Plays a Role
The Mind Is a Confusing Subject
Seeking Comfort
Guilt
Mistake
Sought Comfort

Confused and Troubled

660 23 39
By retrozstarz

April was walking down the street along with Sunita, they had gotten ice cream.

"You know what? I might invite Donnie out with us, that would give you and him a chance to become better friends!" April said while eating the last of her melting ice cream.

"That would sound fun! You two seem pretty close."

"Yeah we have known each other for quite awhile now, maybe even too long, that turtle gets on my nerves sometimes." April jokingly said.

April pulled out her phone, but as she did it started to ring.

"Oh Leo's calling me." She said as she answered. "Hey Leo!"

"APRIL HAVE YOU SEEN DONNIE WE CAN'T FIND HIM ANYWHERE HE'S GONE CAN YOU HELP US FIND HIM?!" Leo immediately shouted after she picked up.

"LEO, calm down dude, I'm sure he just went for a walk...that doesn't even sound like Donnie, yeah i'll help."

"Thank you April."

"Mhm"

April hung up the phone. And turned to Sunita who had a very worried expression on her face.

"Donnie's missing?"

"Yeah...it's alright though, we can find him! Sorry we couldn't have a normal date..."

"It's ok! I like a bit of action myself." Sunita said as she rested her hand on April's shoulder. April smiled at her and they ran off to the lair.

Once they arrived Leo decided that he would go ahead of Mikey and Raph and tag along with April and Sunita. The two groups would search different areas to cover more ground.

//

Donnie woke up in a hospital bed, he was dizzy and nauseous. A nurse stood over him. She was a sheep or ram yokai of some kind.

"Oh you are awake! I honestly didn't know if you were going to wake at all, or for not a long time but here you are! Awake and stuff!"

Donnie sat up, but something was wrong.

"You were poisoned by that nasty Foot Clan! Or so the ninja star showed that you, I had assumed, ripped from your leg. But it is all ok now! Well halfway ok for you..we had to um, amputate your leg, so the poison wouldn't reach other parts of your body and kill you."

Donnie was still very dizzy, and not at all awake, it took him a little bit to understand that he indeed, did not have a leg anymore.

He pulled off the blanket that was covering his lower half, and there it was, a nub of what was left of his leg. He started to panic. All of this happened because he couldn't tell his brothers the truth, all of this happened because he couldn't put his trust in them.

And now look at him, he can't even walk without something else helping him.

"What..." Donnie said drowsily.

"I'm really sorry sir...oh but you should be released from the hospital in a little while! So you can go back home!"

Donnie had so many questions that he wanted to ask, his mind was racing, who had brought him here? Who was going to pay for all of the hospital bills? How long has he been asleep? But all Donnie could put into words was.

"Can you bring me my brothers?"

"Your brothers? Of course! Would you like to phone call them?"

Donnie nodded and she handed him a landline that was attached to the wall. He dialed Rapheal's number.

"Hello?" Raph said on the other end.

"Raph?"

"Donnie?! Where are you?! We have been looking all over! Are you alright?!"

"Not really...Can you come here?"

"Yeah, but where are you?"

"Hospital."

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE HOSPITAL? DID HUMANS SEE YOU?! ARE THEY DOING EXPERIMENTS ON YOU?!"

"No, I'm in a Yokai hospital."

"Oh ok, that's a relief. Yeah we are on our way."

//

April was with Leo and Sunita, they were walking the streets and checking places Donnie sometimes visited, they got a phone call.

"April O' Neil here!"

"We found Donnie." Raph said. "He's at a Yokai hospital in the Hidden City."

"Oh no what! I hope everything is alright!"

"Wait, wait Donnie's in the hospital? What happened?!" Leo asked, he grabbed the phone and started to ask Raph.

"I do not know why he's in the hospital, I asked him if he was okay and he said not really, so I'm pretty worried.."

"Well let's hurry up and get there then!"

"Yeah, meet you guys there."

Leo, April, and Sunita all ran off to the Hidden City portal gateway.

Raph and Mikey had left the sewers and were now halfway there.

April turned to Sunita.

"Do you know which hospital he might be in?"

"Oh don't worry April! There are only two hospitals in Hidden City and I think I know which one he ended up in."

"That's great, thanks."

"Are you alright April? I'm sure whatever happened is not terribly awful. Donnie is pretty strong."

"Well...yeah, you're right."

Sunita gently grabbed April's hand and smiled a reassuring type of smile. And all three of them ran off to the hospital.

//

Donnie layed miserably in his hospital bed. He was staring at the clock on the wall. It read, 4:23 pm, of the next day perhaps? He didn't know. There were three knocks at the door. The nurse stepped in.

"Hello sir, you have some visitors that claim to be your siblings! Is it alright to let them in?"

Donnie nodded, she left the room and let everyone else come in.

Instead of seeing his family come in, three people stepped in, a tall muscular person with a buzz cut, piercings, and soft brown eyes. A medium sized woman who had orange and red hair, half of it was shaved and it swooped over the left side of her head, she has various tattoos covering her arms, and almost yellow eyes. And a chubby man with short black hair, he had grey eyes. Each of them wore masks that covered their mouths and noses.

They angrily looked over Donnie's bed.

"What...who are you guys? I was supposed to be seeing my family, not some random people!" Donnie shouted. He looked at them closely, they seemed familiar somehow.

"Well you should recognize me after tasing the shit outta me yesterday! And tasing poor Beck!"

"I still have marks from weeks ago..." Beck said quietly.

"I didn't get tased but I still wanna beat your ass!" The last one said.

"Can you at least give me like a week's notice before showing up?" Donnie said sarcastically.

"Hell no!" The woman said as she turned to Beck.

"Beck!"

"Yes ma'am?"

"Pull the loser out of bed and drag him to our place, we need to teach this punk a lesson!"

Beck nodded and walked around the side of Donnie's bed, Donnie slowly went to grab for his staff, the man noticed that he was grabbing for it, he quickly spun a ninja star that direction and the staff got pinned to the wall.

"Good one Kenneth." The lady said.

It was now more clear that the lady was the leader of the group, Beck was the hauler and bulldozer of the group, and Kenneth was the weaker one, but was always on high alert and watching.

Donnie got tossed over Beck's shoulder but he slowly started to slip.

"Ugh I can't get a grip on you, what's the deal?" Beck groaned. "Do you have your other leg up there or something?" Beck asked.

They held Donnie out in front of them as if he were a small child.

"Woah dude, what happened to your leg."

"What?!" The lady snapped around.

"You are what happened to my leg, asshole..." Donnie snapped.

"Aye! Don't get cocky! Now that we know that you don't have your other leg anymore, this will be even more fun watching you scramble for your life!" The lady shouted. Donnie was flung back over Beck's shoulder, Donnie started to type on his wrist screen. He was going to send his tech his way to have a better chance at defending himself but realized that he was still in the Hidden City and that would be quite difficult. He sighed, how would he get himself out of this one? They started walking out of the hospital.

"Hey Mae, do you want me to knock him out so he doesn't know the way to our hideout?"

"Yes! Good thinking Beck."

Donnie groaned, Beck held Donnie up by his neck, with Beck's free hand, he punched Donnie hard across the face. He went limp.

//

[30 Minutes Before]

Sunita ran into the hospital with April. Leo following behind them.

"This is surely the one! It is the largest hospital in all of Hidden City! It's where most injured Yokai end up!"

"Woah, this place is huge!" Leo said.

Sunita nodded. Raph and Mikey had texted April that they were almost there. April walked up to the reception desk.

"Hello! We are here to see Donatello Hamato." April told the Yokai sitting behind the counter.

"Okie dokie, let me just find his room number! Are you too close friends or related?"

"Just close friends, Leo here is his brother though, and Sunita is my girlfriend."

"Nice nice." The Yokai said while concentrating on his computer.

"Oh! Sorry kid, looks like he's not in our system!"

"Wait really? Does that mean he's at the other hospital?" Leo asked.

"I suppose..." April said.

Sunita frowned, she thought she was sure that he'd be here.

"Don't worry Sunita, thank you for at least trying! Leo here hasn't done smack." April told Sunita.

"Hey I offered to portal us here!" Leo replied back.

"And we know damn well how that would've gone."

Leo frowned. They walked out of the hospital together and ran into Raph and Mikey who were walking in.

"Oh hey guys!" Sunita said.

"Hi Sunita!" Mikey said.

"Did you guys have any luck?" Raph asked.

They shook their heads, he frowned.

"That's alright, let's hurry up and get to the other hospital!"

//

Donnie was tied up on the floor of a room. He was sitting up against the wall. A few minutes passed by and Kenneth opened the door and peaked in. Once he saw that Donnie was awake he stepped completely in the room.

"Hey dude, we had a little meeting and we have decided that it wouldn't be as fun to beat you up with you just having one leg. So we have decided that you are just going to stay with us and do our dirty work."

Donnie sighed, but he remembered that he could just send his location to his brothers and he'd be outta there in no time.

Kenneth left the room, and came back with a box.

"You do tech right? I've seen your skills, here are some of our weapons that are broken. None of us know how to fix anything, but since you obviously have no where to go, have fun!"

Before he left he threw down a toolbox alongside the box and untied Donnie. He locked the door.

Donnie looked through the box and toolbox.

"None of these tools are even capable of fixing these!" Donnie exclaimed. He started muttering to himself, but now that he was untied he could send his brothers his location. He started typing into his wrist screen.

It would be a lot easier for him to message his brothers but his phone got damaged and broken when he went to the Foot Clan's hideout. And his tablet was left back at the lair.

After the location was sent through, he rummaged through the box, looking for any parts he could throw together to make some sort of cane. He found a pair of pliers and started to remove parts from a shotgun. Slowly but surely he put together a temporary prosthetic leg. It was made of a bunch of random parts and tech, but it would do for now. He slowly felt at his nub of a leg, to make sure there was no pain in it that would hurt when he put on the prosthetic.

It was like he couldn't feel anything in his leg anymore, it had gone completely numb. He placed the temporary prosthetic on and walked around for a bit. He had kind of a limp but it would do until his brothers got to him.

Donnie stood looking down at the prosthetic.

'I got what I wanted didn't I? So why am I still so miserable?' He thought to himself.

'Why do I just not care anymore? I hardly tried fighting back in the hospital. I literally just let them take me...'

He started to pace the room, every step he took, the angrier he got.

"Now I am having my injured brothers come and take care of me all because I can't handle myself!" That time he said it aloud.

"It's not fair to them!" He punched the wall.

"They shouldn't have to worry about me! They are the injured ones, they suffered!" He punched the wall again. This time blood dripped from his knuckles.

Donnie sighed and sat down.

"Do I even deserve to be rescued?" He laughed.

"Right now, my brothers are out there, looking for me. They shouldn't have to do that for me, I need to learn how to take care of myself...

...Just for once Donatello, could you do anything right?" 

He started to tear up, he turned his wrist screen to face him, and unsent the location to his brothers.

"I don't deserve anything."

He pulled his knees up to his chest and laid his head down.

// IM SO HAPPY I GOT MY FIRST PIECE OF FANART FROM ONE OF MY AMAZING FRIENDS 😍

Word count: 2330 !!

Art is by ' _donnie_stan_' on tik tok! They were the first person to read my fanfic so they hold a special place in my heart 🫶🏻

//

Other art is down below <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 676 25
(Thought I'd try a description) Raphael accidentally hurts his baby brother, causing Mikey to leave the lair in a fit of anger only to be captured by...
487 9 10
After the spilinters death the brother face horrible grief and and sadness. Leo wants to take over splinters role to continue his legacy,Donnie is tr...
79.9K 1.4K 10
Tmnt-2012 Mikey just wants to spend time with his brothers. But they all ignore him and make him feel unwanted, causing Mikey to run away and get cap...