Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai | ArShi S...

By sarita984

On the night of the Raizada's Diwali party, Arnav and Khushi share a passionate moment near the poolside. Thi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 7

4.4K 256 42
By sarita984

She looked into his molten brown eyes, she could see the hope, love, sincerity and admiration, he really was in love with her, it was real.. Before she knew it, the answer escaped her, "Yes I am... I'm in love with you."

Hearing those words from her, a relief washed over him, she had finally said the words hidden deep within her heart. It still didn't feel real, he felt as if he would awake any moment and realize he was dreaming.

"Say it again..." He whispered in attempt to make sure this was all real.

She felt her heart racing against her chest at his request. She breathed out, "I love you" as a red hue appeared on her cheeks.

Without wasting another second, he pulled her into his arms. She fit snug in his arms, as if she was the missing piece to him. A sense of warmth and contentment washed over both of them as they remained in an embrace.

Nestled in his arms, her ear pressed against his chest right above where his heart rested, listening to the thumping rhythm. She murmured, "Arnavji?" "Mhmm..." came his response.

"What now?" She pulled back just enough to meet his gaze.

He questioned, "Now?" as he waited for her to continue.

She elaborated, "Does your family know about us?"

He caressed her arms as he answered her, "They all know since the day you were discharged." He could see questions arising in her mind, he answered her doubts without her uttering a word. "I told them not to talk to you about it until I was back. I wanted to speak to you first and then your family."

She nodded, "And Lavanyaji?"

He sighed, "La is coping, she moved out of Shantivan and back into her old apartment. In fact, she's leaving for London to visit her mom today." Seeing Khushi's face fall, he further added, "Don't worry she promised that she'd visit you before going to the airport." Khushi smiled hearing about Lavanya's impending visit.

They heard a knock on the door, pulling away from each other's embrace, Arnav spoke, "Come in."

The door opened revealing Lavanya who wore a smile on her face. She walked over to the bed and hugged Khushi. Arnav stood up and walked out of the room, wanting to give them some privacy.

Lavanya sat on the bed next to Khushi, she could see her battered form but what was important was despite it all Khushi was glowing, she had a smile on her face, all due to Arnav, then and there it concreted her decision to end things with Arnav, she made the right decision for all three of them.

Khushi played with her dupatta with a lowered gaze. She felt a pang inside knowing how much Lavanya sacrificed for herself and Arnav. "Lavanyaji I..."

Lavanya held Khushi's hands, "Khushi what happened, I want you to know that I do not blame you. Neither you nor Arnav should feel guilty. I am hurt, anyone would be but I am happy for the two of you. I would have never been able to forgive myself if I remained the reason for the two of you to be apart."

Khushi looked up and saw the honesty in Lavanya's eyes. She threw herself into Lavanya's arms, "Lavanyaji you..."

Lavanya patted Khushi's back, "Why did you hide your feelings from me? You proved to be an amazing friend, you changed me... you did so much for me, without a reason, thank you."

Khushi sniffled, "I'm sorry, I felt very selfish. I don't know how it happened."

Lavanya cupped Khushi's face, "That's how love is, you don't know how and when it happens, it just does. Khushi you and ASR deserve happiness and you both found that happiness with each other. Seriously I'm happy my two favourite people in the world found each other, both of you are made for each other."

Khushi smiled, "Thank you for being my friend. I am proud to be able to call you my friend... I will miss you so much, do you have to go?"

Lavanya nodded, "I have to, mom's missing me, I haven't been home in two years. I'll miss you too."

Arnav stood at the door watching two special women in his life. He smiled at how amazing they were and he found himself lucky to have known the two of them. Lavanya gestured for him to come inside when she saw him looking at them. As he walked up to Lavanya and Khushi, Lavanya reached for Khushi's hand and rested it in Arnav's, "Now I can go, knowing you two are united. ASR hold onto her, she deserves all the happiness in the world, she's special and Khushi so does ASR, he deserves someone like you to handle him and be at his side throughout every phase in life." She pulled the two of them into her arms. "I miss you both so much, together with the anger and the sweetness that makes up the two of you" She pulled away and wiped away a tear, "I have to get going."

Arnav held Lavanya's hand, "You are an amazing woman La, thank you for everything, for being my friend, Khushi's... I, we appreciate you so much"

Lavanya smiled through her glossy eyes, "You're welcome... take care of yourself and my best friend" She winked at Khushi, "Take care of him...." Arnav and Khushi nodded at her requests. Lavanya waved her hand, "Bye." She smiled as she left Khushi's room.

The next morning, Madhumati, Garima and Shashi all sat in the living room, drinking their chai as Payal served them. Arnav cleared his throat as he entered the house, "Namaste." They all smiled seeing him, they welcomed him and offered him tea. Though he was more of a coffee person, he nodded.

After Payal served Arnav his cup of tea, she went into the bedroom where Khushi was. Payal casually said, "Arnavji is here." She didn't miss how bright the otherwise sullen face of her sister when she mentioned Arnav's name.

Khushi and Payal stood at the entrance of the living room, they heard Arnav's voice, "Uncle I'm going to be straightforward. I'm sure you all must have noticed or know by now; I have feelings for Khushi. I'm in love with her. Khushi feels the same way for me as well."

Shashi nodded while Garima and Madhumati timidly looked on waiting for him to continue.

He shifted slightly as he saw Khushi standing next to her sister, "I would like to officially to ask for her hand, I'll bring my family over and we'll proceed. Ultimately, I want to get married to Khushi but there is no rush, I think we should get to know each other better. Khushi went through a lot emotionally and physically; I do not want to burden her with the responsibilities and preparation of marriage this soon after everything... I promise you, I won't let you down nor will I hurt her. She's been through enough, she deserves to be treated right and I hope that I can have the opportunity to do so."

Shashi thought for a while and then nodded, "Okay, you have my permission that is if Khushi wants the same." He held his hand out, "Khushi come here." She took her father's hand and sat beside him. He asked, "You want this right? What Arnav is saying?" She timidly nodded. "Yes bapuji... if it's okay with you."

Shashi cupped her daughter's face, "Then it's settled then..." She side hugged her father while Shashi looked at Arnav, "I'm entrusting you with a precious part of me, she's everything to us, I know you will not let me down!"

Buaji exclaimed, "This calls for some sweets...Payal go get some quickly."

Arnav and Khushi seeked blessings from Khushi's parents and buaji before sharing sweets with each other.

A while later, Khushi walked beside Arnav towards the door to see him out. Arnav looked over her shoulder and saw her family smiling gleefully after days. He held her hand and walked her out into courtyard. "I love you." He said as he placed a small peck on her cheek.

As she watched his retreating figure, she could feel the blood rushing to her cheeks. "Arnav Singh Raizada" She muttered. Her legs tempted her, she hurriedly caught up with his pace, he stopped when she cut in front of him. Before he could say a word, she tiptoed to his face and placed a feathery kiss on his cheek. "I love you too" and scurried inside the house before he could say a word.

He smirked as he touched his cheek feeling the cheek where she kissed him. "Khushi Kumari Gupta." He muttered.

Arnav looked out at the poolside, and instantly remembered the night of Diwali, Khushi radiating in that red sari. He could hold back his words but not his actions, that night was the proof of it. He was glad everything worked out and his Khushi was at his side forever now.

He sat on one of the lounge chairs and looked at the reflection of the moon shimmering in the water. He pulled his phone out and leaned back, dialing the one person his heart yearned to talk to.

She picked up on the first ring, "Hello..." her honey like voice tickled his eardrums. He pressed further into the phone, "Hi..." his husky voice whispered.

Khushi bit her lip and walked over to the window seat, making herself comfortable, "Something wrong?"

He sighed, "Couldn't sleep... I kept thinking about us." His words earned a smile on her face.

"Hmm...same here. Buaji and amma couldn't stop gushing over how happy they were for me. And bapuji, the happiness just gleamed from his eyes."

Before Khushi continued, Arnav interrupted her, "What about my saali?"

Khushi looked over her shoulder and saw Payal fast asleep, "She's ecstatic, she's already planning for the wedding and calling you by jiju..." They both chuckled. "What about your family?" She asked.

He smiled inwardly remembering earlier in the evening, his nani and sister hugged him so tight, he toppled over. "They're pretty happy themselves. That reminds me, Nani asked for me to bring you over tomorrow to spend the day here. She misses you."

She leaned against the wall, "And what about you? Missing me?"

He looked up to the sky, "More than you can imagine..."

With a wicked grin on her face, she asked, "So this wasn't your plan to see me, was it?"

He laughed and sat up, "As much as I'd love to take the credit, this one was all Nani."

After a few moments of silence of listening to each other's breathing, Khushi muttered, "Arnavji...."

"Hmm..." He breathed.

With glee she whispered into the phone, "I love you..."

"I love you too. Sleep well. I'll pick you up at 8am okay"

"Okay..." She replied and he hung up the phone.

The next morning at the traffic signal, Arnav slowed his SUV till it came to a stop. He looked over at Khushi sitting in the passenger seat and he grinned, she just made his day, night and everything. He didn't know how exactly she did it, but he would not have wanted it any other way.

He looked out his window and called a boy who was selling roses.

Hearing the boy saying, "Good morning..." Khushi turned to the voice and saw Arnav taking out money from his wallet. He paid for all the roses in the boy's hands. "Buy something for yourself with this." He said before handing over a generous extra few bills.

Arnav turned to Khushi and handed over the lush red roses, she graciously accepted it and inhaled the scent that filled the SUV. "Thank you." He rested his hand over hers and smiled as the signal turned green.

Nani beamed from ear to ear as she saw her grandson and future granddaughter enter the house 10 minutes later. Khushi hugged her and seeked her blessings, "Khushi betiya...it's so good to see you. I can't wait till you're here for good, never leaving my side." Khushi blushed and Arnav grinned as always.

From behind, Khushi heard Anjali's voice coming from the kitchen, when she turned she saw Anjali and someone else walking towards her.

Anjali hugged her, "Hi Khushiji... I can't believe you're going to be my sister-in-law. I'm so happy for the both of you." She turned to the side, "This is Khushi, and Khushi, this is my husband Shyam." Khushi smiled.

Shyam extended his hand and adorned his charming smile, "Hi Khushi... it's nice to finally meet who has stolen my saale saab's heart...Right saale saab?" He threw a wink in Arnav's direction.

After a nice lengthy breakfast along with the rest of the Raizada family, they all settled in the living room. Arnav excused himself to attend a work call.

When he didn't return downstairs for a while, Khushi's eyes gazed here and there, wondering what he was doing.

Shyam observed Khushi's state as he sat down next to Khushi and whispered, "Saale saab is waiting for you in his room." Khushi's eyes widened and asked the obvious, "Was this call he excused himself for, in the plan all along?"

Shyam winked again, "I believe so... go ahead upstairs, I'll cover for you here." She smiled and nodded, "Thanks... I can see why Arnavji calls you his lifesaver now."

Khushi walked into the room and saw Arnav looking at the plants at the poolside. She tip toed behind him and hugged him from the back. He smiled and turned around into her arms. He cupped her face and placed a kiss on her cheek. "Finally, you're here... I was wondering if jijaji played me."

She stretched her hands out, "He didn't, I'm here aren't I?"

He nodded and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "Khushi I have something for you, aapki amanat. (Your belonging) Its been with me for quite some time."

She narrowed her eyebrows in question. "What is it?" Instead of answering her, he held her hand and walked her over to the poolside chair. Once she was seated, he knelt in front of her and brought her bare foot to rest on his lap.

She tried to move her foot away in protest, "Arnavji ..."

He shook his head and held her foot firmly in place, "Wait." She didn't move as she waited for his next action. He pulled out her anklet from his pocket, holding it up in front of her. As she recognized her anklet, he draped it around her bare ankle, and then he fastened the hook.

She bit her lip as she felt his hand brush past her ankle and toy with the charms of the anklet. He looked up at her, "It's your mother's right."

She nodded, "Hmm... she always wore it, I used to love the tinkling sound it made when she walked, one day she just gave it to me, saying that I ought to have it now. I treasured it since then... I always feel like she's close to me when I have it on." He smiled hearing her words. Curiosity made her ask, "Where did you find it? I thought I had lost it forever."

He held her hand, "I found it right here at the poolside weeks ago. On Divali after we kissed, I was gonna give it to you, but then you were leaving and I dropped you home. When I left your house angrily, along the way I remembered the anklet. That's why I returned that night, to return this, but then I saw..." He clenched his fists, "That bastard. What he was..." He felt her hand on his shoulder and he released his fist.

She cupped his face, "I'm okay... you saved me that night."

He sat on the floor and rested his head on her lap, "What if I didn't come back..."

She caressed his hair, "Amma didn't give you a choice. In the form of the anklet, amma made sure you came back for me..."

He wound his hands around her and made small circles on her back. "We always find our way to each other."

"Always" They pulled apart and he caressed her face as he leaned forward to capture her lips. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks for reading! Would really appreciate it if you can click on the vote button and leave me a comment.

Thank you to everyone who have voted and commented on all the chapters of this story so far. Moreover, thank you for your support and love for this story.

FINALLY, you all have met Shyam, Arnav's jijaji. 😍🥰 

ALSO, now everyone knows about Arnav and Khushi's love story. From here on out, it's pretty much smooth sailing till the end, (Chapter 10 will be the last chapter of this story).  🥺💕

Hope you all are doing well and safe! Till we meet again later this week- thank you thank you thank you for reading my work!

- Sarita   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.7K 4K 12
Arnav and Khushi are married in childhood and are seperated. This story is the journey towards their reunion.
38.4K 2.1K 4
A short take on remarriage day of Arshi.
228K 5.9K 8
Based on Sheetal's track from the show. Set up in the backdrop where Khushi is Arnav just for a day and how Arnav boards the flight of realization an...
87.1K 7.3K 66
Story about two Twins - The Raizada's