Chapter 9

"And this is my room here..." Arnav ushered Khushi inside his bedroom at the farmhouse, their last stop on the tour Khushi had insisted he give her once they returned from the beach. He closed the door behind them, "I'll be back in a second..." He said as he strolled into his walk-in closet.

Khushi looked around the room, it was different yet so similar to his room at Shantivan. The interiors were white with hints of black and brown. In front of the bed were double doors that led out to a balcony.

Before she could venture out into the balcony, Arnav returned dressed in grey sweatpants and a black t shirt. He snapped his fingers in front of her, seeing her lost in her thoughts, "Here... you can change, Payal packed these for you before we left." He handed her a bag with her clothes and essentials.

She nodded and left to change not before saying, "Jiji (Sister) is sly... you two! Planning all this behind my back..."

He chuckled and went out onto the balcony as he waited for her to return. There was a lot about this place that he loved, it reminded him of his mother, the rose garden and ocean were his sanctuary, it all gave him a sense of tranquility and a reminder to slow down in the midst of his chaotic life. And now this place would remind him of his Khushi, where he proposed to her and where they will get married soon, the start of their beautiful journey.

Khushi changed and returned the room, only to find it empty, just as she was about to look for him, she saw his silhouette peeking through the sheer white curtains on the balcony in front of the bed. She shifted the curtains and walked onto the balcony as the view took her breath away. The balcony overlooked the ocean, the surprises just kept adding on, this place was a wonderland.

"This is so beautiful!" She said as her hand covered her mouth in astonishment, while the other clutched onto the railing.

He wrapped his arms around her and said against her hair, "I can't wait to be here with you on our wedding night..."

She bit her lip and whispered, "Sabar ka phal meetha hota hai" (The fruit of patience is always sweet) before hiding her face in his chest.

He chuckled at her antics, and she turned around in his arms, his eyes fixed on the panoramic view ahead. She twisted with the ring in her finger, it felt so strange but so right to have it on. She raised her hand to look at the ring properly, it was a rose design, nothing too extravagant yet it was just enough, so elegant and unique. "I really love the ring." She said looking up at him.

He leaned against the railing, "The rose reminds me of you, my very own rose!"

She smiled, "I feel like I have Ma's blessings with me in this ring."

He brought her hand up to his lips and kissed her ring finger. She wound her arm around his waist and he led them inside as it was getting chilly outside.

Arnav opened his eyes, there she was in front of him, fast asleep beside him on his bed in his room. He smiled remembering her reaction when he told her that they should just share the bed since it was big enough for both of them. He had promised to behave not before winking as a red hue that appeared on her cheeks.

He moved her hair strands from her face, 'So beautiful' he thought. Though they both slept on their own sides with a space in between them, during the night she had ended up in his arms, her sleeping patterns were quite interesting. He had lost count of how many times she reached for him during the night and entwined her legs with his. His thoughts were interrupted as he felt her shift in his arms as she opened her eyes.