Chapter 8

Arnav's daily schedule now looked completely different than a few months ago, during the week he would divide his time among Shantivan, AR commitments and Khushi's house. Sometimes he would have either breakfast, lunch or dinner at the Gupta house, on other days Khushi came over to Shantivan with him to spend time with his family or else he would take her out to spend one on one time with her. As he drove towards Khushi's house, Arnav couldn't help but reflect over the past few weeks. Khushi's family had become an important part of his family as he spent more and more time with them alongside Khushi. He felt a sense of peace and happiness that he did not think was possible, everything with Khushi just seemed to fall into place. He gained the love of his life and additional family, his cup runneth over and boy oh boy was he grateful for every single blessing.

Arnav parked and entered the Gupta house with his two hands filled with bags. Garima rushed towards him and took some of the bags, easing the burden of weight. They walked to the kitchen and set them down. She peered into the bags and saw the monthly supply of food. Her head shot up at him, "Groceries? You didn't... I mean" She fiddled with the end of her pallu, embarrassed that her son in law to be bought them groceries.

Seeing the change in Garima's behaviour, Arnav held her hands, "Aunty I didn't mean to offend you, its just that I was at the market with Nani earlier and I figured I'd buy groceries for you all too. I mean I usually have at least one meal daily here, it's the least I can do."

She nodded her head, still not completely okay with the idea of him buying the groceries but she knew he was just trying to do something for them. "Thank you son!" She began emptying the contents of the bags, "What do you want for lunch?"

He scanned the kitchen and replied with a wink, "Anything you'd like to make for your son" She cupped his face and smiled.

Khushi widened her eyes as she walked into the house with Payal and their father. Arnav was there in the kitchen. She had not expected him to be there today, she hurried into her room, leaving the rest of them in the kitchen.

Garima looked up seeing her husband and daughters. She wiped her hands, "There you all are! We were wondering when you would return."

Shashi raised his eyebrows seeing Arnav in the kitchen, "Son, you can cook?"

Arnav laughed as he continued dicing the tomatoes, "I'm no pro but I wasn't gonna watch aunty do everything by herself, so I offered to help."

Garima surrendered her hands in mid-air, "I tried to say no, but he's stubborn."

He smirked, "That I am" He lowered his voice as he continued, "...but not as much as your Khushi."

Shashi and Garima both laughed in agreement with Shashi addding, "That's true... Chutki is very stubborn."

Arnav looked around, "Speaking of Khushi, where is she?"

Payal nudged Arnav's shoulder and he titled his head towards her. She whispered, "She's in her bedroom, you should talk to her. She's been acting weird since we were out."

Arnav narrowed his eyes, now concerned about Khushi. Payal announced, "Okay enough of making my brother-in-law to be toil in the kitchen, I'll take over" successfully distracting her parents.

He mouthed a thank you to her and said, "In that case, I'm going to check on Khushi." He quickly washed his hands and made his way to Khushi's room.

Arnav knocked her bedroom door and waited a few seconds before entering the room. He saw Khushi leaning against the window frame. He sneaked up from behind and hugged her. He removed his hands as he felt her body stiffen, "Khu-" She turned around and he saw tears streaming down her face. He cupped her cheek in panic, "Khushi what's wrong?"