The Angel of Small Heath

By dance-99

The Angel of Small Heath...trapped by the Devil. Thomas Shelby a man who played God... Who met his Angel at a... More

L'Ange de Small Heath
Aesthetic
1904
1904
1906
1914
1914- Wedding
1914
1917
1917
1918
1918
1919
1919
1919
Aesthetic
1919
1919 Episode 2
Season 1 episode 2
season 1 episode 2
season 1 episode 2 (Kimber)
Season 1 Episode 3
The Races
The Lee's
Legality
Gypsy Wedding
Where is She?
Healing
Revenge
Kimber and all his men
Season 2
London
Mr Solomon
Polly's Day
Arthur
Joke Shop
Anna
Garrison Reopening
Billy the Kid

After billy the kid

12.8K 365 86
By dance-99

unedited

***

"This had better be good to interrupt my holiday" Polly warned as she placed her coat onto a vacant desk standing in the corner of the betting den. 

"Where's the boy? and Anna?"

"In the back room, Anna's with Aurora trying to settle down Tommy's hoard because thanks to John they're high on sugar" Polly replied with a twinge of amusement. "We're going to the museum after, Aurora's said your minding the kids today Tom"

Tommy closed his eyes for a brief moment of silence, he had forgotten Aurora was meeting up with her school friends for a girls night out. He was being left to look after their five little hooligans who were enough energy to send even the sanest man over the edge. The triplets took great pleasure in tormenting their uncles and little Harry and Tom were not far behind they had been experiencing their first uncontrollable magic this week.

"He wanted to come and say hello" John added snapping Tommy out of his thoughts.

"Shut up John, you've done enough today!" Polly spat back indignation, her boy wasn't going to get involved with the Peaky Blinders. "There is nothing of interest to Micheal, or Anna here"

"Tommy, get on with it"

"Last night, one of our men had his throat cut in Winson Green. This morning, I had a telegram saying it was Sabini's order it" Tommy revealed getting straight to the point as always.

"And it says here that Tommy Shelby is next, among other things" Arthur grumbled as he ripped the telegram apart without hesitation. Only Tommy and himself knew of the threat against Aurora's life, they wouldn't let it go unanswered, no one threatened Aurora Shelby and lived another day.

"If our men think we can't look after them in prison, they'll not work for us. Sabini knows that, so we need to get the Green sorted out" Tommy told his group of loyal Peaky Blinders, they would have to be caution from now on.

"Scudboat, you and one of the boys break a couple of windows and get arrested and if our coppers get you into the Green you find out the b*stards who did it"

"Instead, can't we pinch a car?"

"What?"

"Well everybody else is getting a car and I'm still on a donkey" Scudboat replied raising a laugh from a couple of the boys. 

"Just get yourself arrested, it doesn't matter how, and before you all laugh a boy is dead! He as just a kid. Aurora looked after his family during the war, she doesn't know yet so don't mention it in her presence" Tommy ordered, knowing very well his men wouldn't strike up a conversation with his wife unless she instigated it first.

"We'll start a fund for his family, Pol?"

"Agreed" Polly nodded her head solemnly, she couldn't imagine loosing her son to the Peaky Blinders. 

"Is that it? Can I go now?"

"Well as company treasurer, I need your permission to spend a thousand guineas"

"On what?"

"On a horse"  

"A thousand guineas on a horse?" Pol laughed hoping he was joking. 

"That's right" 

"When was this decided? Hmm.." Polly asked with a slight tremor in her voice, the men didn't know if it was anger or disbelief, probably both.

"You've been busy with Micheal and Anna"

"Oh my god! So in the absence of common sense, you boys have had an idea? eh?" 

"Polly, there's a thoroughbred quarter Arab filly up for auction at the Doncaster Blood Stock" Tommy drawled out, he had already made up his mind, he was getting that horse.

"What do we want with a thousand guinea horse? Does Aurora know about this mad idea?" 

 "When we make our move on Sabini's racing pitches, any men we get in the betting enclosure will be lifted by Sabini's police. A good racehorse is a passport to the owners enclosure. Aurora is informed and is behind the idea if it will further on our business" 

"We'll be in there will all the toffs, the coppers won't know where to look" Arthur said showing his support for his younger brother, the leader in their household.

"The Epsom Derby Pol, we'll be drinking with the bloody king!" John cheered with a wide smile, unknowingly he had once again stuck his foot in his mouth.

"The Derby?! did he say the Derby?" Polly questioned in disbelief.

Tommy sent John a look of frustration at his little slip up, it was becoming a common occurrence among his brothers to let information slip out to the wrong people. Tommy could only confidently reveal his thoughts and secrets to his wife, Aurora. He knew she would take them to her grave.

"That's right, for the last ten years Sabini's made it his race. If we're going to take him down, might as well make it a symbol"

"Did you come up with this in the pub!? You can't tell me that Aurora would let you spend a thousand guineas on a horse Tommy?"

Arthur laughed at his aunt's comment, a thousand guinea's was back pocket change to the Shelby woman. She had several businesses and properties around the world making her money as she slept. The only reason Tommy was using the business money was because it was an investment to their company.

"Pol, a good racehorse is an investment, like property. We need to diversify the portfolio..."

"So when is this sale?"

"Tomorrow"

"Tommy's had a death threat so we'll have to go with him for protection" Arthur informed his aunt, unaware that a third party was listening behind the semi-closed door.

"So, you're going to close up the shop, go out on a piss up, and blow a thousand guineas on a horse that's not even whole Arab" Polly ranted her tone silent but deadly.

"Quarter Arab is better" Curly giggled childishly, Quarter Arab it means...."

"Curly, shut up" Pol snapped not in the mood for his childish excitement.

 Tommy eyed her in warning, Aurora would not stand for someone being rude to Curly, no matter who it was. Aurora always had a soft spot in her heart for Curly, she often spoiled him with home cooked treats and freshly tailored suits. He had a room in their house if he ever wanted to visit or mind the horses, Aurora tended to spoil him with love and kindness.

 Tommy didn't try to stop her, he knew Curly deserved to have a good life after everything he suffered through. The war affected him in ways that his brain couldn't handle and so it reverted him back to happier times, his childhood.

A creak of the door snapped Polly's attention to her son who cautiously edged himself in through the doorway. Tommy had known Micheal was listening the minute he heard the lock turn in the door. But he decided to remain silent, Micheal would have to know about the family business eventually. 

"I though I told you to lock that door"Polly scolded turning to look at a guilty John. No one wanted to get on Polly's bad side, bar Tommy who didn't care if she was happy with him or not. All Tommy had to do was get Aurora to show up with the kids and Polly heart would melt enabling forgiveness.

"He did, I used the key on the nail. Look, I've been listening. I want to go with them" Micheal stepped forward his eyes flickering between the leader of the family and his mom. 

"You see!" Polly shouted her hand raised towards her son who was now looking adamantly at Tommy. 

"I love horses, I could even help"

"Over my dead body!"

"It'll be alright, mum. I've been to loads of horse auctions with my uncle. They're very respectable, people bring their butlers"

It seemed Micheal addressing Polly as his 'mum 'for the first time softened her heart at just the right time. Micheal was learning quickly, Tommy thought.

"Let him come, Polly. Aurora's going and you know damn well Tommy wouldn't bring her if it wasn't safe" Arthur told his aunt with a brief smile, he could see her resolve cracking before his very eyes. "We'll go there, buy a horse, come back"

"I'll drop him back at the house in Sutton before it gets dark. You can spend the day with Anna and her husband, they're coming for dinner aren't they?" John piped in with a cocktail stick hanging from his lips in an attempt to keep him focused. It was a habit he picked up after the war, something to keep him distracted from his thoughts.

"No, f*cking no" Polly argued defensively, she couldn't lose her son, not when she just got him back. She rather him be annoyed at her then dead.

Micheal didn't take her refusal kindly because he walked straight out the door slamming it behind him without a glance back. 

"All right, that's it" Tommy finalized, redirecting the men's attention back on him once again.

 "Back to work, Come on" 

The men didn't hesitate to pick up their belongings and head towards the door, they had work to do. The Shelby company expansion required everyone to give their maximum effort, Tommy Shelby would expect nothing less.

"Aunt Pol" John called out addressing his aunt with an offshore look on his face. He waited until the room cleared out before opening his mouth to speak, it wasn't something other people need to overhear.

"When I was Micheal's age, I'd killed a hundred men and seen a thousand die. If you want to scare away that kid away forever, carry on how your going. But if you want him to stay, let him come. Aurora's going to be there in one of her fancy dresses, she might even bring the triplets" John explained leaving Polly to contemplate her decision, it wasn't often John told her something wise.

***

"Damian! if you turn Tommy Junior's toy train into a snake one more time your on time out" Tommy warned his eyes lifting off an important business document for a brief moment. 

For the past two hours Tommy had ended five fights and two potential deaths. It had been a while since he was left with all the kids on his own. Arthur and John had disappeared the moment they had arrived much to Polly's amusement. 

"But look dad! they like him" Damian shouted pointing to his little brother who was laughing hysterically as the snake hissed in his face.

Startled Tommy shot up from his seat to rescue his boy, Aurora would never leave him alone with them again is Tommy Junior got bit by a snake. He didn't hesitate to rip the brick red snake off his youngest child who tried to reach out for it immediately. Tommy Junior loved snakes, they always seemed to find him.

"No TJ! you can't play with snakes" Tommy shushed before turning to his oldest boy, "don't make me get your mother, turn it back into a train now"

"I'll do it dad!" Rose giggled her hair a bright pink to match her mothers dress. She was the only child who was playing peacefully in the corner. Aurora had gifted her new dresses for her dolls before she left much to Rosie's delight, it was the main reason why she hadn't caused any trouble for Tommy yet.

"Thank you princess" Tommy smiled as he gave the toy train back to TJ and settled a kiss on his forehead. His gummy little grin was worth every tantrum or magical explosion. 

"Da! Noah's flying again" Harry whined as he pointed to his older brother who was trying to walk on the ceiling. 

"Oh for god sake! Noah! what did I tell you about flying in my office? eh?" Tommy asked in frustration, he didn't know how much longer he could last. Tommy was on the verge of calling Polly back to the office he had too much work to get done.

"Dad... when are we getting dinner?" Damien groaned bored out of his mind, there was only so much a child could take. 

"Right everyone get your coats! we're going to visit your grandmére and grandpapa" Tommy ordered as he rounded up the youngest two up. 

"Yes, Rose you can bring your doll. Damien get your coat on" Tommy instructed as his children hopped around him with new found energy, it was going to be a long night.

***

"Tommy darling?" Aurora cooed as she gently played with his hair, "you have to get up and dressed"

Aurora smiled softly as her husband grunted and turned to wrap his arm around her waist in utter exhaustion. "We raised fucking headers" he muttered tiredly, "they tried to kill each other at least seven times yesterday".

Aurora stifled her giggle as his eyes fluttered closed again, it was clear that they had completed destroyed him mentally. "Come on love, I've made breakfast and the triplets are dressed and ready to go. I've already delivered Harry and Tommy Junior to Polly's, oh and a new suit for Micheal" Aurora rambled as Tommy listened with his eyes closed, he loved her voice it was soothing to his soul.

Aurora had been up for hours as she finished off a new potion for hair regrowth, made breakfast for the family and dressed the kids who woke up at 6 o'clock sharp. They were early birds like their mother and father just with an abundance of energy. 

Aurora was dressed to the nine's in a lilac silk gown that hugged her lithe figure. She was the epitome of grace and beauty. Rose-Mae adorned a mini replica of her mothers dress although it was slightly altered to be more child friendly with added sparkles. Her boys Damian and Noah were dressed in tailored suits that matched their fathers much to Aurora's delight.

She adored coordinating the families outfits, much to Tommy's amusement. There was nothing more confidence boosting  than when someone complemented her children's outfits. Tommy and Aurora wanted to give their children the best foot forward in the world, they would grow up the same way their mother did. 

"Mama!" Rose's sweet voice called out to her mother. 

"In here darling" Aurora replied from her spot on the bed. Tommy had yet to move, he was too comfortable and tired to even consider getting extra work done now. He had an hour before they had to leave for the auction and magic helped the process tremendously.

 Seconds passed before Rose twirled into the room, her stark white hair bouncing down by her waist. "Mama? why is papa still sleeping?"

"Your papa is just having a little extra rest" Aurora smiled helping her daughter up onto the bed. "You can lay down beside him just don't crinkle your dress, darling"

"Ok, mama" Rose whispered trying not to disturb her dads slumber, but that  didn't stop her from snuggling into his side. The action caused Tommy's mouth rise into a wide grin as he cracked one eye open to look down at his little princess. Rose was a mini replica of Aurora especially when she let her stark white hair fall naturally down her spine. 

"Good girl" Aurora whispered her eyes meeting Tommy's in a silent conversation. Words weren't needed to express how much they loved one another.

***

"Mon Amour? Is it safe?" Aurora whispered looking towards the van with thinly veiled worry. It didn't look safe to transport people let alone children. 

"They'll be fine love, Arthur and Charlie are going to mind the boys and Rose will be with us in the front" Tommy chuckled at her concern, there was nothing to worry about.

"Tommy! there isn't even proper seats in the truck. Can't I just apparate us there and--"

"Aurora, they will be fine. Now, come here and give me a kiss we need to go and pick up Micheal" 

Sighing Aurora called for her boys who were currently fighting John in the middle of the street. "Boys! please no fighting I don't want any dirt on your suits!" Aurora scolded brushing the invisible dirt off the suit jackets and straightening their caps to fit right.

"Sorry mama, we were just showing him our muscles" Noah smiled taking a hold of her hand, "we won, didn't we?"

"Of course we did!" Damian scoffed before jumping into the back of the van.

"Damian come here please" Aurora called him back as she gently lifted Noah up to join his brother. "I want you two to behave back here, okay? your hanging out with the older boys so don't cause any trouble, and have fun. I made you some sweets so you can share them with the boys but no crumbs!"

Tommy laughed as he watched his men star at Aurora with concern, she was after all talking in rapid french to their boys, whilst Rose was latched onto his hip. "Right boys, let's go! and look after my boys" Tommy ordered his eyes fixated on his older brother and uncle. They had the responsibility of protecting his sons.

An hour went by until they pulled over to the side of the road, the engine was steaming from over use and Aurora didn't know how to help. "Papa? why are we stopping?" Rose whispered from her mothers knee. The little veela was loving every moment sitting up front with her parents. They rarely used transport to travel when they were with their mother, they didn't need to.

"We're just stopping for a little break, let's go say hello to our brothers eh? see if they're still there?"

"That's not funny Thomas" Aurora pouted before hurrying to the back of the van. 

"Damien, Noah? how are my little babies" she cooed as they hurried in her direction. The boys adored their mother and everyone could see why, she doted on them. 

"She's heating up curly, take a look" Tommy ordered as he followed his wife to the back of the van.

"Let me out for a piss" Charlie muttered with a cigarette hanging from his mouth unlit, he knew Aurora hated people smoking around her children. 

"I need to go too!" Damian shouted as he followed after his dad's uncle much to the men's amusement. 

"What about you Noah? you need to go?" Tommy asked as he bent down to reach his son's height, he knew Noah wouldn't voice his need to go verbally.

Noah was their quietest child, and he rarely made a sound when he was surronded by people outside of his immediate family. At home he was a different story, it was as if he came to life he loved helping his mom with her potion making, it was there bonding time.

"No" he denied shaking his little head deep into Aurora's side. Sitting in the back wasn't as fun as Damien made it out to be, he was cold and tired from sitting on Arthur's knee.

"She made loads. Do you want one?" Micheal asked interrupting Tommy's further questions. 

"What the bloody hell's that?"

"Sandwiches. Ham, I think. We've got shrimp paste too. There's tea. We'll have to take turns 'cause there's only one cup" Micheal replied as he pulled the packed food from his bag. 

John's amused smirk could be seen from miles away, Aurora could tell he was itching to say something, anything. 

"What?"

"Sandwiches? Polly made bloody sandwiches?" Arthur gruffed out in thinly veiled humor. Tommy shook his head to fight off his smile as he picked Damien up to sit on the end of the truck.

"What's this? Teddy bear's picnic?" Charlie asked looking around in genuine confusion, Polly wasn't known for her caring or nurturing side when it came to the men.

"Oh!" Damien shouted as he scampered up to retrieve his small rucksack. "Mama packed all your favourite snacks! she baked them all this morning" 

The men straightened up at the little boys exclamation, they would never deny one of Aurora's delicacies. The mother of five was gently fixing Rose's curls that had been ruined by the light breeze around them. 

"Even the little pink things I like?" charlie asked as he leaned to look into the bag. 

"Ouí"

"All right, all right. We will drink the tea, eat the sandwiches and then you can have a sweet Charlie, eh? Then we will drive on, alright? no crumbs, Charlie" Tommy joked as he took Aurora by the waist and settled her down by his side. 

"Da? do I have to eat a sandwich or can I have what mama made first?" Damien asked with his little eyes peering down at the sweets being passed around.

"Eat a sandwich first, son and no crumbs or your mom will have my head"

"Come on then" Arthur sighed gesturing towards Micheal for a sandwich.

"Herd them up Arthur"

"You fat bastard"

"Oi! Language!" Tommy barked at his men. It was known that Aurora didn't want their children growing up around vulgar language. Aurora was brought up in a secluded manor away from any harm, she was wrapped up in bubble of innocence that Tommy wanted to recreate for his children. 

***

Aurora's glided through the corridor with Tommy's right arm wrapped around her waist. Anyone  they came by stopped and starred at the beautiful family, they looked like royalty. Thomas Shelby had never felt so powerful as he strutted into the auction room with Aurora by his side, with her there Tommy knew everything would go to plan.

"This is a respectable event and you will behave accordingly. No weapons, no drinking. We will stay together" Tommy instructed his men as they protected him from all sides. "When our horse comes up, I'll bid. I've registered with the auctioneer, he knows to expect my bids"

"Do I get to run a hand over her?" Curly asked as he jogged to Aurora's side. 

"No Curly, we have a vet's report. Keep an eye open when she walks, Aurora will be doing the same"

"Why do you need a new horse papa? We have loads at home" Rose asked giddily grabbing her mothers hand, "I think we should get a dragon instead!!!"

"Yeah! I want a dragon!"Damien agreed in a loud boisterous voice, something Tommy immediately hushed. 

"Not today, maybe next week" Tommy replied ignoring Aurora's widening eyes, a dragon wouldn't be the worst thing to have around.

"Something isn't right" Curly muttered in warning to Aurora who clenched Rose's hand tighter, she always took his warnings seriously.

"You're just in an unfamiliar place, we all are" Tommy comforted with a tap on his back. 

"Tommy, don't brush him off" Aurora whispered in french, she wasn't about to put her children in any danger that could have been prevented.

"Look at me, eh? I would never put you or my kids in danger, okay?"

"Ouí"

"Now give me a kiss, you look good enough to eat. When we get home we're going to practice for another" 

Aurora muffled her laugh as she let his lips claim hers in a passionate kiss. They ignored the people around them, especially Arthur and John who were acting like children. The kids were so use to their parents being affectionate that they barely blinked an eye lid in their direction.

"Alright you two! let's get going before you have another demon"

"Don't call them demons" Tom warned his eyes flickering down to Aurora who wouldn't hesitate to pull her wand on anyone who insulted her children, family or not.

"Oh look! I want that one papa!" Rose squealed pointing to a black mare that she could see through the bars. 

"That's already sold princess--"

"and you already have lots of animals to care for" Aurora added giving Tommy a look, they were basically running a magical zoo at the moment. 

"Do I hear 1450? Do I hear 500, 500, 1600, 1700, thank you"

"But papa" Rose whined grabbing his leg in hopes he would change his mind.

"Not now love, listen to your mama

Pouting Rose turned back around and settled between her brothers as they watched the horses being bought and sold in a flurry of words.

"1900, 2000, 2100, 2200"

Aurora's hand clenched around Tommy's bicep as she felt numerous pairs of eyes burning into her body. Her beauty was a myth that had circulated around England for years now. The bidders couldn't believe they were in her presences, who would believe them.

"Why do people come late to these things? May Carlton asked as she starred across the room  watching the peaky blinders. Tommy's eyes flickered up for a brief moment to meet her eyes, but May never noticed she was too busy starring at his wife with wide eyes. May had never seen a woman with stark white hair still in her youth, she seemed to glow with perfection. 

"Mmm? 'cause they know what they want, only you need to see every horse" the man remarked going back to his reading. 

"We'll start the bidding at 800 guineas"

"All right, Tommy, this is her" Charlie muttered quietly into his ear. 

"I like her" Rose whispered as she tried to peer closer down at the horse. Tommy moved closer to the fence with interest, this would be his racehorse.

"Do we hear 800 hundred guineas? eight-fifty" Tommy nodded his head as Aurora inspected the horse with care, it was a beautiful horse.

"eight-fifty, do I hear nine? Do I hear nine?" the auctioneer questioned for the second time after a second of silence.

"Bid for this one" May muttered to her men, her eyes flickering between Tommy, Aurora and the horse.

"The gray? why?"

"nine-fifty?"

"He's beautiful" May muttered in excuse, in reality she wanted a conversation starter with the woman across the field.

"It's a filly"

"one thousand, do I have one thousand and fifty?" Tommy nodded his head in agreement as Aurora bent down to fix Noah's suit jacket.

"One thousand one hundred..." May's right hand man nodded his head for the bid, they had joined the bidding way . 

Aurora noticed Tommy's shift in posture and followed his gaze to the other side of the room. Her eyes connected with May Charelton who smiled politely her way. Tommy wasn't happy, not happy at all.

"One thousand two hundred, Do I hear two fifty?" Tommy nodded his head again, he wasn't about to let this woman out bid him.

"One thousand three hundred" 

As the price rose Charlie shifted uncomfortable behind Tommy, this bidding war was getting way out of hand, the horse wasn't worth that price.

"Do I hear five? one thousand five hundred?"

"You have to stop! you don't have it in your belt" Charlie warned under his breathe. 

"I'm having the horse" Tommy retorted his eyes not straying from the auctioneer. 

"Don't worry Charlie we could buy this place if we wanted to" Aurora reassured with a light smile before her attention was snapped away by her children who were busy pointing out everything that interested them.

"She's a sweet beast but stop! I feel something bad" Curly whimpered not liking the vibes he was getting from the room.

"Shut up Curly!" Tommy snapped causing Aurora to whip around at him in shock.

"Thomas! Don't be so mean"

"I'm sorry Curly, he didn't mean that" Aurora whispered moving to grab Curly's hand in comfort. Aurora loved and cared for Curly as a part of her family, and she hated seeing him being treated any less then he deserved.

"Somethings not right Rora, somethings not right" Curly repeated with a nervous twitch of his head.

"Alright darling, how about we go back to the car after Tommy secures the horse? and you can tell the triplets all about the new foal about to arrive" Aurora suggested hoping this would ease his worries.

"Yes, yes" Curly agreed with a small smile directed towards Aurora. It was hard for Curly to communicate but he was thankful for someone finally listening to his warnings.

"two thousand, two thousand and fifty?" the auctioneer asked out loud causing Tommy to flicker his over to the posh looking lady starring at his wife.

"two thousand, two thousand and fifty, am I bidding?" May's man questioned, the horse wasn't worth it, not a filly.

"No, enough" May conceded with a sigh, even she could fathom spending that amount of money on a horse.

"Do I hear two thousand and fifty? last time, two thousand and fifty"

"Sold to mister?"

"Thomas Shelby" declared with a satisfied smirk, he had won.

"Mama! papa bought the horse!" Noah exclaimed in excitement, if there was one thing that got him talking it was horses.

"Well done, mon amour" Aurora grinned showing of her perfectly white teeth. 

Tommy's eyes twinkled as he looked down at her obvious excitement, he couldn't comprehend how perfect she. 

"But if you'd let me do it, we would have got it for free" Tommy chuckled at the flash of mischief that crossed her face, she was a business woman through and through.

"Good work, Tommy" Arthur cheered slapping his brother on the back with a hefty thump and severing their starring contest short. Thomas grunted in pain, not expecting the sudden attack from his older brother much to his children's amusement. They were use to their funny uncle Arthur getting into trouble with their dad.

***

"Arthur put him down!" Tommy scolded as he watched his three year old son be tossed into the air repeatedly. This was a respectable function and so far his family were causing scene after scene.

"Papa! mama said he could" Damian replied with a devious smile knowing he won the argument before it head even began.

"Well I said enough" Tommy retorted as he put Damian back onto solid ground. "Where is your mama anyway?"

"A woman stopped to speak to her, just there" he pointed out with his chubby little finger, he was the spitting image of his father.

 Tommy's head swiveled to find his wife who was standing with one hand in Rose's curls and holding Noah by her side. With a nod in Arthur's direction, Damian was swept up into his arms as Tommy made his way by Aurora's side.

"Hello" May greeted with a pleasant smile, "I was just telling..."

"Mrs.Shelby" Tommy interjected his voice leaking with authority.

"Yes, I was just telling Mrs.Shelby how you bet it to us, I was trying nab a filly for my stud"

"I'm sorry" Tommy shrugged as his hand fond Aurora's back, "It's time to go".

"Thomas Shelby, from where?" May questioned her eyes darting between Tommy and Aurora like she was trying to figure out a puzzle.

"From Birmingham"

"Goodness"

"No, not much"

"May Carlton" she greeted with a nod of her head much to Tommy's amusement, it was clear as day that this woman was only interested in his wife before him. 

"I bred racehorses and train them, what is it you do?" May asked with her posh London accent.

"His our papa"Rose piped up causing Aurora to coo, how could they have created such a sweet human being. Tommy refused to let his facade slip for a second but anyone who knew him could tell Tommy was smiling in his eyes.

"Aye, and it's a full time job"

"And you Mrs.Shelby?" May asked leaning forward in curiosity. It was clear that whatever the Shelby man did for work raked in a heavy flow of money. His wife was dressed to the nines, as well as his kids. They were all looked after, and wearing the richest materials known in London. 

"I make clothes" Aurora beamed happy to be included in the conversation, she didn't realise May had caught her attention and not Tommy. "Your wearing one of my pieces from two years ago, if I'm not mistaken" 

Startled May looked down at her well kept, expensive dress, "You made this?"

"Tommy! Aurora! Come on, hurry up! We got to go!" Arthur yelled gaining May's attention, Tommy didn't even bother to turn his head, he was use to their behaviour.

"Yes, the colour suits your complexion beautifully, I just added a new collection of dresses that might peek your interests as well" Aurora rambled squeezing Tommy's arm in excitement, she loved talking about fashion.

"I will have to stop bye" May smiled flirtatiously towards Aurora who remained oblivious to the entire situation. Her actions however didn't slip by Thomas who's jaw clenched in annoyance, he hated and loved how both men and woman fawned after his wife, someone that belonged only to him.

"And, if you ever decided to put that filly out, I'd be interested"

"I'm planning to race her" Tommy replied in his usual cold, dry voice. It was a tone he didn't like to use around his kids, but work was work.

"Do you have a trainer?"

"Yes!! Uncle Curly" Rose squealed proudly much to Aurora's delight.

"Tommy! we've got to get this kid back! and yours are acting like animals" John yelled once again interrupting the conversation much to Tommy's inner glee. Who had turned his head to give his sons a quick glance, only to see them sitting quietly beside their uncle Charlie as he entertained the boys with a story.

"Well my father knows Mick Hancock, he trained the Ascot winners" May smiled directing the conversation towards Aurora who was snuggling into her husband side obliviously. 

Tommy grunted, he didn't like how dismissal the woman was in his presences, Thomas Shelby tried to be the smartest man in the room, he was a presence no one could ignore.

"That was your father?"  he muttered with a layer of sarcasm. 

Tommy had mustered up a wide range of connections that would help him in his climb to the top, he didn't need help from a woman that wanted to sleep with his wife. Tommy Shelby would make it on his own with his families help, he had magic on his side.

"Yes. We're joint owners of the stud. He took the majority share when my husband was killed" May revealed getting the reaction she desperately wanted from Aurora.

"I'm terribly sorry for your loss" Aurora gasped moving forward to grasp her hand in sympathy. She couldn't imagine losing a loved one, especially her children of Tommy. It would break her heart, and she would never be the same.

"Tommy! we got to get back to the caravans! The chickens are hungry" Arthur yelled much to the boys amusement. Tommy hid his smirk as his boys started to cluck around sending their uncles into a heap of laughter.

"They're so silly!" Rose giggled lifting her little hand up to cover her face. Aurora's smile dimmed as she watched Rose's hair slowly turn a bright yellow in front of muggles. It was time to go home.

"I'll take the hungry chickens to the car" Aurora giggled releasing her charm to take any attention away from her daughter. Tommy stilled as he felt every pair of eyes turn in his wife's direction, leaving their daughters bright yellow hair going undetected as Aurora's beauty shone.

"So will you consider me?"May gasped hoping to add a few more seconds onto their meeting. She had never met a woman quite like Aurora and the feeling she felt was exhilarating.

 But Aurora had one thing on her mind and that was her children, it was time to take them to the car whilst Tommy sorted out the new horse.

"That's my husbands decision" Aurora smiled politely back at the woman who had flickered her attention over to Tommy who had leaned down to place a heavy kiss on Aurora's lips.

"We will consider you" Tommy told the woman giving her a false sense of hope, he had no plan on following through with his words. 

"Right, about bloody time!" the boys taunted childishly as Tommy returned to their side leaving May to yearn after Aurora Shelby.

***

"Can we go home now?" Noah sighed slumping tiredly into his mother side fed up with waiting for their uncles and dad. 

"Not too long now darling" Aurora cooed as she swiped a stray white hair behind his ear. "Let me make you a bed in the back and you can all have a lie down" 

With a swish of her wand Aurora transfigured a bed that fit the width of the truck, accompanied with a large duvet  to keep them warm.

"Thanks, mama" Rose yawned joining her brothers who had dropped face down onto the bed in exhaustion.

"It's the fucking truth, John. Rich woman these days, all they want is working class c*ck"

 "But she didn't want our Tommy did she? no, I think Aurora caught her attention" John laughed.

"Maybe she was the something bad I had the feeling about..." Curly muttered pulling anxiously on Tommy's arm. 

"Relaxing Curly, everything's going to be okay" John muttered patting the worried man on the shoulder in reassurance.

"She has good contacts in the racing world" Tommy admitted before throwing a set of keys into his younger cousins hands. "Micheal, you drive"

"Mama? can you sing us a lullaby?" Rose murmured with her little hand hugging her favourite teddy that Aurora had produced from thin air.

"Of course, mon petite étoile"  Aurora cooed with love, she would never get tired of being a mother, they were the light of her life.

"Fais dodo, Colas mon p'tit frère, Fais dodo, t'auras du lolo"

"Maman est en haut, Qui fait des gâteaux, Papa est en bas"

"Thomas Shelby!!" 

The peaky blinders were quick to react as a man stood with his gun loaded and ready to fire. The man had one job and that was to kill the man named Thomas Shelby. 

"Tommy!" Arthur cried out in warning as he grabbed the gunman's  arm and fired into the air. But the assault was only beginning as another man opened fire onto the group of men. Tommy dived to the ground as his men moved quickly to protect their leader. They acted without fear their medallions hanging around the necks in protection. 

"Tommy! Down! Down!" John roared as he shot down the other gunmen without hesitation.

"Qui fait du chocolat, Fait dodo Colas mon p'tit frère, Fait dodo, t'auras du lolo"

"Thomas Shelby?! How about fucking Arthur? F*cking good to meet you!" Arthur roared in rage as he pummeled the mans head with his fist leaving the gunman unrecognizable as Arthur got lost in his mind.

"Arthur! Arthur! Arthur!" Tommy shouted trying to find his brother. "Get him off of him!"

"Stop it, Arthur! Stop!"

It took all the boys to peel Arthur off the man's unconscious body, his torn off ear laying beside his mutilated face. 

"That's enough. Stop!" Tommy hushed as if speaking to a broken horse, his brother had a damaged soul that needed to heal.

"Come on, Come on, Get him up" Tommy ordered moving quickly to check if the man as still breathing.

"He's still breathing" Tommy sighed in relief, "Don't get blood on the kid! no one will speak a word of this to Aurora!" 

"Micheal, you didn't see a thing. This didn't happen. All right? Give me the keys" 

"Micheal give me the keys" Tommy repeated impatiently he didn't want to be out in the open any longer, his wife and children were still unprotected.

"I'm alright to drive" Micheal denied looking Tommy in the eye his pupils enlarged with adrenaline.

"Tommy, he's f*cking scarpered!"

"Right, let's get out of here sharpish! and wash that blood off Arthur before he see's the kids"

"Come on!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...