Just A Hunch (Varian x Witch...

By boxxieofbox

Hey guys! This is the sequel to my book Gut Feelings! If you haven't read it, I highly suggest that you do ot... More

Just A Hunch
Other Friends
To Corona
A Proposition
Do it for Her
Switching Sides
Redemption
Cleaning
Late Night Picnic
Falsely Accused
The Stabbingtons
Wolfie
Chasing the Wolf
Community Project
Fearing Yourself
Witch Trial
Protection
The Prank
The Day of Hearts
Trevor Returns
The Sea Serpent
The Apple
Teamwork
Red Rocks
Overcoming Fear
Téir Abhaile Riu
Sweets
The Snuggly Duckling
Wrong Place Wrong Time
An Old Friend
Something's Missing
New Plans
Changing Roles
Just Around The River Bend
Buried Treasure
Confessions
Love Spells
Storm Cloud
Understanding
Out of it
Why
Try After Try
Willow Maiden
Just A Curse
Simple Song
I Put a Spell On You
Research
Dragon Tales
Guards and Orders
Sick Days
Naps and Soup
Return To The Lorbs
False Emergencies
The Well

Dress After Dress

546 21 44
By boxxieofbox

(Y/n) had a soft smile on her cheeks as she made small finishing touches to the centerpieces once again. "Ah! These look so much better now!" She said as she placed another centerpiece on a table.

A pair of arms reached around the witch's waist and a soft kiss was pressed to her cheek. A soft giggle left her lips as she turned around in the pair of arms.

"Hello to you too, Sapphires." (Y/n) said as she wrapped her arms around Varian's neck. The couple leaned their foreheads against each other.

"I have an absolutely spellbinding idea, milady." Varian said with a large smile as he pulled away slightly from his girlfriend.

"And what could that possibly be?" (Y/n) asked as she ran her fingers through the hair on the back of his neck.

"Well, I was thinking we could may-hey!" Varian was suddenly ripped from (Y/n)'s arms and thrown over someone's shoulders. The witch laughed as she saw Lance walking away with Varian over his shoulder thrashing about.

A giggle left the girls lips as she saw her boyfriend being whisked away. Eugene appeared next to her and placed his elbow on her shoulder. "Ahh I remember my first ball. Pick pocketed so many people that night." He said wiping a fake tear from his eye.

"Wait, you've been to a ball before?" (Y/n) asked. Eugene smirked at the girl. "Only about 12 but who's counting? Oh wait, me!" He said before going to follow Lance out of the room. "Don't worry my dear witch. We shall have your alchemist back to you by this evening." He said giving a bow to the witch making her laugh and roll her eyes.

(Y/n) stared at where her boyfriend had left with a soft smile on her face before her hand was suddenly grabbed and she was being dragged off to who knows where. The witch noticed a long golden braid and rolled her eyes knowing it was Rapunzel.

"Punz! What's with the hurry? Where are we going?" The witch asked with a soft laugh as she did her best to keep up with the blonde.

"Oh, you'll see, (Y/n)." Rapunzel said with the smirk similar to the one Eugene had given earlier. The witch rolled her eyes and didn't fight the princess.

They were both in Rapunzel's room with Pascal and Sunny. The two companions were sleeping on the princess' large bed before Rapunzel shoved (Y/n) by her shoulders making her sit down on the bed.

"Uhm...you want to explain what's going on Punz?" The witch asked confused as Sunny made himself comfortable in her lap. The princess only responded with a squeal of excitement as she opened her closet door showing a few dresses all made for the witch.

"Did...did you make dresses for the ball...for me? Rapunzel you didn't have to. I really appreciate this but-" (Y/n) said getting up off the bed and placing Sunny next to where she was.

"Nope no buts! I worked hard on these dresses for you because I wanted you to have an amazing time and I know you like getting dressed up so I wanted to do this as a thank you." Rapunzel said holding the witch's hands with a soft smile. "You've done so much to help me, our friends, my people...I just wanted to show you how grateful I am to have you with me." The princess said with small tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

(Y/n) noticed the tears in her eyes and gave her a soft smile back before pulling Rapunzel into a well needed hug for the both of them. "Rapunzel, you don't have to thank me. If anyone should be thankful, it's me. You've done so much for me and you've trusted me when most people wouldn't and I'm forever in your debt for that."

They both squeezed each other harder making sure they could feel each other's emotions. (Y/n) noticed a slight tinge of fear coming from Rapunzel and knew what it was from. Rapunzel was nervous that the same thing with Cass would happen to (Y/n).

The witch gave the princess one last squeeze before letting her go with a smile. "You're stuck with me until the end of time and then some." Rapunzel let out a soft laugh as she wiped a few tears that had escaped her eyes. "Until the end of time and then some." Rapunzel repeated back and led the witch to the closet.

(Y/n) noticed something in the closet that also didn't belong to Rapunzel. It was far too big to fit herself and wasn't her typical style either. A soft subtle wave of sadness hit her as she realized who it was intended for.

The witch held the princess' hand as she was about to show off what she had made. "That other outfit there is even more beautiful than anything I've ever seen. I'm looking forward for when she gets to wear it." She said with a soft smile while staring at the outfit.

Rapunzel looked at the outfit intended for her best friend. "Do you think..." She trailed off only for the witch to nod. "She'll come back...the real question though is when. She'll look absolutely marvelous in it and adore you for it." (Y/n) said with a smile as she stared at the red vest hanging around a black long sleeved dress shirt and a pair of trousers folded carefully on the shelf next to it.

The two friends took a few moments to stare at the outfit. Both of them wondering where Cassandra could be and when she will return. They both also wondered if she'd come in peace...or to leave the kingdom in pieces.

Varian had stopped struggling against Lance finally accepting whatever fate he was about to meet. Eugene was trailing behind with a smirk on his face and Varian rolled his eyes.

"Do you mind telling me why you dragged me away from my girlfriend? I was gonna tell her something really important!" Varian said only for it to be Eugene's turn to roll his eyes.

"What? We're you going to tell her to get ready early and you were going to take her on a picnic before the ball?" Eugene asked crossing his arms over his chest. Varian's face became a dark red and looked down trying to hide his face.

"No...I was not." He said quietly before looking back at Eugene. "Am I getting that predictable?" He asked before his eyes widened in complete horror. "aM I BECOMING BORING AND PREDICTABLE?!?!" He asked frantic and Eugene sighed.

"Yes and no. Are the dates you plan with (Y/n) boring and typical? Yes. Are you? Varian you're far from one of the most typical people I've met. You tried to over throw the kingdom. No one boring and predicable would do something that stupid." He said with a laugh and Varian sighed.

"But we're going to get you ready for this ball. We are going to teach you everything you could ever want or need to know for a ball." Eugene said and Varian's eyes light up. "Are you going to teach me the ways of the dashing and heroic Flynnigan Rider?!" Varian asked with pure joy in his eyes making Eugene laugh.

"Ha! We both know I'm not that good...or am I?" He said and Varian let out an excited squeal. "Will you two stop that? I'm trying to practice here." Lance said making Eugene and Varian extremely confused.

"Practice for what?" They both asked making Lance smirk. "Practicing how I'm going to eat all the good food before the rich snobs do!" Lance said and all three cheered.

Rapunzel had four very different dresses for (Y/n). The first dress was white with black lace and a black bow on the bodice. The witch looked at herself in the mirror. She tilted her head to the side in thought and looked at herself in almost every angle.

Rapunzel stood behind her with pascal on shoulders and Sunny on top of the mirror. The princess' hand was on her chin in deep thought as she stared at the girl as she stared at herself.

"This one is too...bland. You need something with a bit more...wow to it." Rapunzel said and (Y/n) sighed in relief. "Oh thank god you said it. Sunny, pascal...your opinions?" (Y/n) asked and both animals shook their head no. "You heard them (Y/n)! Next one!" Rapunzel said pushing (Y/n) to change into the next dress.

(Y/n) stumbled slightly over the dress as Rapunzel rushed her to change. The witch carefully slipped the dress off her body from behind the room divider in the princess' room.

"Where did you even find the time to make all of these dresses? They look like they took ages to make." She asked as she decided which dress to put on next.

"There will be times where I don't know what to paint, sculpt, or even sketch so I try to branch out into other areas so I can still let my creativity spread. When I was in the tower, Gothel taught me how to make clothes. I made my own dresses since I was 10." She said before letting out a soft sigh.

"I guess it gave me some sort of comfort and familiarity. I know Gothel was a horrible mother and a horrible person in general, but I am grateful for some of the things she taught me." She said smiling softly to herself. Pascal placed his leg on her cheek and she giggled.

The witch came out from behind the room divider and looked down at herself brushing the dress of slightly as she stood in front of the mirror. The dress was black and red with copious amounts of ribbon, lace, bows, and much more. (Y/n) turned side to side to get a better look at the dress. The group all stared at the girl in the mirror and shook their heads no.

"I never realized how much this dress had going on." Rapunzel said as she rubbed the back of her neck. "It's a gorgeous dress, believe me, but you're right. There is just so much happening. I feel like its definitely wearing me and not the other way around." (Y/n) said with a soft laugh.

"Next one!" Rapunzel said pushed (Y/n) once more to get changed. (Y/n) let out a soft giggle. She was enjoying the one on one time she was spending with the princess. She thought about how nice it is to finally hang out with just the two of them. Both girls did feel like someone was missing...and they both knew who it was.

Varian was buttoning up the black long sleeve shirt Eugene had given him while Eugene and Lance talked about the food at the ball. "Eugene, do you really expect me to believe that you kept a shirt like this since you first wore it? I thought the only thing you ever really kept from those times was that comb." Varian said breaking up the others conversation.

Eugene scoffed and rolled his eyes. "I just can't believe it fits you so well. Look at this charming young gentleman, Lance. Doesn't he look like he's going to steal some hearts?!" Eugene said as he ruffled Varian's hair making him laugh.

"The only heart he's ever needed to steal was (Y/n)'s and he already did that." Lance said with a laugh making the alchemist blush slightly.

"Now we got the pants, we got the shirt...what are we missing?" Eugene asked as he backed away from Varian getting a look at the whole picture.

"Ah! I know!" Lance said before opening up a large chest near his bed. He started digging through it making various items of clothing go flying everywhere including underwear which landed on Eugene's shoulder. Eugene made a face of disgust as he quickly shoved it off of him making Varian laugh.

"I know just what you're missing...a ravishing vest!" Lance said standing up and holding up a good amount of different colored formal vests with different patterns.

Lance threw all of them at the two and they struggled to catch them. "Lance, where did you get all of these?" Eugene asked while Varian stared at the two vests he caught in his hand.

Lance smirked and placed his hand on his chin. "Oh I'll never tell." Eugene rolled his eyes with a soft smile for his best friend and his antics.

"Go try these on kid. We don't got all day." Eugene said throwing the rest of the vests onto Varian making him drop all of the vests to the floor.

(Y/n) stepped out from the room divider once more and stood in front of the mirror. She wore an off the shoulder light blue dress with stunning floral beading all over it. A smile slowly crept up the girls cheeks as she looked down and felt the fabric between her fingers.

"I...I think this is the one for tonight." She said as she turned to Rapunzel who had her hand on her chin as she thought deeply. The witch looked at her confused and looked between herself in the mirror and the princess.

"Does...does it not look good?" She asked somewhat hurt that she had to ask. Rapunzel quickly realized her mistake and shook her head no and smiled.

"No! No! That's not at all what I was thinking! You look beautiful, (Y/n)...I was just thinking..." Rapunzel paused for a few moments before her face entirely lit up with excitement.

"That's your idea face. What is it?" The witch asked genuinely intrigued by what the princess could've came up with. A squeal left the princess' mouth before she quickly calmed herself down slightly.

"Okay, but you have to cover your eyes and trust me! You won't regret it I promise!" Rapunzel said as she placed the witch's hands over her eyes as she giggled.

"Okay, okay! Just hurry! I'm all excited now!" (Y/n) said still smiling just as bright as Rapunzel. The princess moved quickly as she kneeled next to her bed and pulled out a box. She carefully opened it and glanced between the contents in the box and the girl.

Rapunzel pulled out the contents carefully and moved back over to the girl. She held something up to her shoulders and (Y/n) felt something different between her fingers. "Okay...and...open!" Rapunzel said and the witch did.

A soft gasp left (Y/n)'s lips as to what she saw in front of herself in the mirror. Rapunzel was holding a black, blue, and purple dress up to her. The skirt of the dress looked like it was made of large butterfly wings and the bodice had a small butterfly pendant attached to it.

"Punz...this is beautiful!" (Y/n) said softly still in awe at the dress. "I've been saving this for a special occasion and, well, what's more special than a ball." She said with a large smile.

"Well what are you waiting for?! It's almost time, go put it on!" Rapunzel said and (Y/n) nodded quickly moving to put the dress on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

664K 14.8K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

131K 3K 45
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
920K 42.2K 62
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
149K 4.5K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...