Unwanted [COMPLETED]

Por Rinuesha

"I have married you, but I will never accept you as my wife." He glares at her for a few seconds, before walk... Más

Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
My Completed Stories On Wattpad
Belonging To You [AVAILABLE ON SCROLLSTACK]
Kavita's Submission [COMPLETED ON WATTPAD]

Chapter 7

27.5K 1.2K 72
Por Rinuesha

Third Person’s POV

"I don't want your favor, Mr. Manik Sisodiya. I can find a job on my own," Nandini says, folding her hands over her chest.

Manik sighs when he hears Nandini. "I am not doing you any favor. My assistant will be going on maternity leave starting next week, and we have not hired her replacement yet. Since you are also looking for a job, I am simply offering you one."

Nandini thinks about it for a while.

She does need a job, and the sooner she gets it, the sooner she can start saving money. Her salary can also contribute to her enrolling in a good culinary class.

"If that’s the case, I accept the job. When shall I start?" She asks.

"You can come to the office tomorrow and Riya, my assistant, will orient you about the job. You can then start from next week," Manik replies, and Nandini nods.

"But there is one condition, Nandini."

"What condition?" Nandini wants to know.

"No one in the office should know that you are my wife. I don't want them giving you special treatment because of that. It will only hamper your performance, which can affect my work too, as you will be working as my personal assistant."

Nandini frowns, hearing him. "But most of your friends and colleagues had attended our wedding. Wouldn't they recognize me?"

"We did not have any pre-wedding functions, and on our wedding day, too, there had been only a few guests. And you had been wearing a long veil then. So, no one had been able to see your face.

"Also, we had not allowed any paparazzi at the wedding and have not done any official photoshoot or announcement too. That is why I don't think anyone would recognize you.

"My friends and colleagues only know my wife's name is Nandini. And more than one girl can have that name, can't they?" Manik says.

Nandini thoughtfully nods at him, realizing he is right.

Anyway, she also did not have any interest in introducing herself as Manik's wife because this relationship meant nothing to her now.

A sharp pain pierces her heart at that thought.

'If it does not mean anything, why does it still hurt this way?' Her heart questions, but she does not have any answer to that.

***********

Nishitha, Siddharth, Nandini, and Manik are seated at the dining table, eating the paratha that Nandini made for breakfast.

Although Manik had first made a fuss, wanting his usual toast and juice, his mother had refused to give in, wanting him to eat the breakfast made by his wife.

And now, as he has been taking the bites of paratha, he feels thankful to his mother for forcing him to eat this tasty paratha.

But he still keeps a stoic face, not wanting anyone to know he is enjoying the breakfast.

"Umm, I wanted to tell something to you, Mom and Dad," Manik starts, and Nandini looks at him.

She knew he was going to tell his parents about her working in his office.

"Yes, Manik? What do you want to tell?" Nishitha asks.

"Actually, Nandini is thinking of doing a job, and since my assistant is going on maternity leave soon, I offered Nandini that position. So, she will also be joining our office starting the next week. I hope you two do not have any problem with that."

As soon as Manik says that, Nandini apprehensively looks at her in-laws, waiting for their reply.

She hopes they do not have a problem with her going out and doing job as some in-laws have. After all, it is very important for her to do the job. So that she can support herself after leaving this house.

"This is such good news, Manik. And why would Siddharth or I have any problem with it? In fact, we are glad that you and Nandini will be working together in our office, right Siddharth?" Nishitha beams at her son and turns to her husband for his approval.

"Of course. I also am happy that you two will be working together. It will also make you spend time with each other. I will make some calls and have a spacious cabin made for Nandini. No matter the position, everyone should know her stature in the office." Siddharth says.

Nandini feels relieved after hearing them. It also makes her wonder how come Manik is so insensitive when he has such wonderful parents.

"No, Dad. Umm, Nandini and I have decided that no one in our office should know about her being my wife," Manik reveals hesitantly, hoping Nandini will back him in that.

It had been only his decision to not reveal their relationship status in the office.

Although Nandini had agreed earlier, she might deny it in front of his parents.

After all, which girl would not want the respect that would come with the stature of being part of the Sisodiya family?

"But I don't understand why you two have taken such decision. What harm is there in letting everyone in the office know about what relationship you two have?" Nishitha voices her confusion.

"Because I want to make something of my own first, Mom. I don't want anyone to do me favors or give me special treatment just because I am their boss's wife. I want to prove myself first and get ahead on my own merits," Nandini tells the half-truth. The other half being Manik himself not wanting to reveal to anyone their relationship status.

Manik is surprised when he hears Nandini. A part of him had thought she would deny the decision made earlier and tell his parents about wanting everyone to know about her being his wife in the office.

But her saying that she wants to make something of herself. He wonders if she really wants that or she is lying to impress his parents.

"Ok, Nandini. We won't question your decision if that is what you want." Nishitha smiles at Nandini and turns to Manik.

"How is the paratha, Manik? It's delicious, isn't it? Nandini has such a gift for cooking. Everything she makes is so delectable," Nishitha praises her daughter-in-law, and Nandini smiles at that.

This is the first time anyone other than her brother has praised her food. She used to cook in her parents' home, too, but they only ate the dishes, never uttering a word of praise or even smiling courteously at her, for that matter.

"It is ok, Mom. Nothing so special. You don't have to rave so much about it," Manik lies, taking another bite and savoring the feel when the delicious flavor of different spices burst into his mouth.

Siddharth and Nishitha shake their heads at their son's insensitivity.

They both wonder what has gotten into him lately.

He was not like this before. He used to be a cheerful guy with a kind nature.

But in the past few months, they have seen him change from a cheerful, kind person to a brooding, rude person. They have asked him the reason many times, but he never gave them a reply.

They had been happy when he said yes to marrying Nandini and had thought he would revert to being the happy person he was before. But nothing has changed yet.

Worried about her son and his marital life, Nishitha turns to look at Siddharth, silently showing her concern, and he reassuringly blinks his eyes, understanding her worry.

"You will take Nandini shopping today, Manik. She will be joining our office soon, and she might want to buy new formal clothes to wear," Siddharth says, and Nishitha quickly catches on his intention behind saying so.

"Yes, that is a wonderful idea," Nishitha adds.

"I don't have time to take anyone shopping. I have many meetings lined up today," Manik tries to refuse, but his parents were having none of it.

"Nothing saying, Manik. It is your father's order. Take my daughter-in-law shopping today," Siddharth says to his son firmly.

"Dad, it's ok. I have many clothes to wear. I don't need to go shopping," Nandini says, not wanting to go anywhere with Manik.

"No, Nandini. I have decided that you both will be going shopping today. I won't hear any excuses from you either," Siddharth tells Nandini.

"Consider yourself lucky, Nandini, that your father-in-law is ordering his son to go shopping with you when he himself has never taken his wife shopping for a few years now." Nishitha playfully taunts Siddharth.

"Hmm, is that so? Then, let me take you out tomorrow, my dear wife. I will free my whole day for you," Siddharth says, and Nishitha smilingly nods.

He then looks at Manik. "Ok, then. It's done. You are taking Nandini out shopping today, Manik. So, go and change."

Having no other choice, Manik nods at his father, standing up from his chair and walking to his room.

"I will place the dishes in the sink." Saying that, Nandini takes the empty dishes and goes to the kitchen.

"I know they are just married, and it had been an arranged marriage. But the hesitation I sense between them is not normal, Siddharth. I feel like something is off between them," Nishitha tells her husband, worried about Manik and Nandini.

"Let's give them some time to know and mingle with each other, Nishitha. I am sure once they cut through this ice of hesitation between them, only warmth and sweetness will remain in their relationship," Siddharth tries to reassure his wife.

After placing the dishes in the sink, Nandini walks out of the kitchen, walking toward the dining table to get the remaining dishes, when she hears her in-laws' conversation.

'Warmth and sweetness will never seep into our relationship, Dad, because soon, there will be no relationship left at all.' That thought brings another pang of pain into Nandini's heart.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

143K 7.9K 32
Warning: This dark slow-burn romance contains a seductive web of intimate encounters and forced proximities that may leave you breathless. Be advised...
118K 7K 47
Sitting before the mirror on her wedding day, adorned with the red bridal attire, Zoya, Delhi's one of the most renowned Gynecologist couldn't feign...
23.2K 2.8K 32
16/12/2022- Ongoing "Didn't I told you to not let him touch you, then why did he? Answer me?" "I am not answerable to you?" "Did you just roll your e...
1.1M 109K 65
****Can be read as a general fiction. If you want an arrange marriage tale with humor, emotions and love, hop in right away**** Love is supposed to b...