Apex | Charles Leclerc

By reesewoop

They say a successful marriage requires falling in love more than once, always with the same person. Nadia h... More

Chapter 0
Portrayals
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Announcement
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
Epilogue Part 3
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3

Chapter 17

17.9K 462 72
By reesewoop

I miss updating every day so here we gooooo 🤭

Enjoy!

*****

February 14, 2025 - Monaco

The United Nations worked fast.

I went through two sets of interviews, both happening within a span of three days. By the eighth day of February, I was informed that I had gotten the job and would have to move to Monaco.

If the past month had happened, it would've been difficult for me to make the decision to move away. I'd be talking about it with my family, trying to finalize everything in Boston in such a rush, and fitting my entire life into a few suitcases set for a flight to Monaco.

But now, it was so easy. I wasn't working at the firm anymore so I wouldn't have to worry about rushing all of my cases. I had no one but Gabby to discuss the move with but I did make sure to tell Mrs. Yilmaz. We've kept in contact with one another and she makes sure to call me at least once a week. Sometimes, she'd even send some recipes that I could make on my own, saying how I needed to gain the weight I lost. As for my things, I was never really one to hoard trinkets in my apartment. My biggest dilemma would've been my clothes since I had a huge closet here in Boston, but I'm sure I could fit everything inside my suitcases.

Gabby being Gabby, she didn't pass up the opportunity of coming to Monaco with me. I don't know she continues to manage her studio with her flying every few weeks.

When I asked her why she was coming with me, she gave me a look and said, "Because it's Monaco."

The UN helped me settle by giving me a list of apartment buildings that had some available rooms. I wasn't due to work for another week so we've spent the past few days going around the city. Of course, Gabby would drag me out to a club every night but I did manage to escape her once by taking a nap.

We were currently having dinner at Polpetta, an Italian restaurant that we discovered on our first night here. A sweet melody was playing from the indoor speakers of the restaurant as customers chatted over their food and drinks. There were a lot of couples around us and I think I saw one of the waiters smirk at Gabby and I when we entered through the front doors. He probably assumed we were on a date and Gabby played around with him by exaggeratingly calling me babe every time he passed by.

She only stopped when I lightly kicked her foot under the table.

"Please tell me we're going clubbing after this." She pleaded when I paid for our meal. "The amount of romance in this room is making me sick and I am in dire need of sex."

My eyes widened at her words and I looked around to see if anyone had heard. Thankfully, no one did and I turned back to Gabby who was looking at me with a frown on her face.

"Fine, but you're paying."

She cheered and clapped her hands, completely ecstatic. "Nads, I don't care how much the bill will be. As long as I see you having fun, I'd gladly pay for every bottle."

Things have been better for me, but not enough for me to call it a success. I know I complain about our night outs but I find myself seeking comfort in the mixture of music and alcohol. The alcohol makes me forget, my mind going foggy enough for me to push those images to the back of my mind. I do have to suffer the effects of a hangover the next day but I relish in those few hours where every drink is a step closer to shutting the memories away.

The music comes in handy whenever I'm not nursing a hangover or holding a bottle of alcohol. I'm thankful that Gabby and I chose to have separate hotel rooms because I get to play music all day long without having to worry about disturbing her. It doesn't matter what genre it is as long as it's louder than the thoughts in my head. I even bought some bluetooth earphones that I could bring with me wherever I go.

We took a cab to Jimmy'z, having the luxury of getting inside immediately. Gabby held my hand as we headed to the bar and found two vacant seats that were just left behind by a couple. I leaned against the bartop as Gabby ordered some shots as well as an old fashioned for me and a margarita for her.

My eyes wandered around the club, observing the different types of party goers. This was my second time in Jimmy'z, the first mostly spent in the middle of the dance floor. A few guys invited us over to their table and I vaguely remember one of them asking for my number and me giving him a fake one.

Some guys had turned their heads towards our direction and I could feel them checking us out. Feeling hot with the number of people in the room, I took off my leather jacket and one of the bartenders offered to keep it behind the counter for me along with my purse. I was left in a black slip dress with thin diamond straps and black knee high boots.

"Here you go." Gabby said before passing me a shot of amber liquid. Tequila— her shot of choice.

"What are we toasting to tonight?" I asked as I accepted the glass. Every night we go out, we start off with a round of shots and she always has something to cheers to.

"To being single in Monaco." She began, raising her glass in the air. "May we find a hot guy who meets our very high standards and go back to the hotel with a little souvenir." She smirked, clinking her glass with mine and we both knocked our heads back, the alcohol sliding down our throats.

I set it back down, not bothering to use the lemon the bartender had set aside for us. "Little?" I asked Gabby, smirking. A warmth had spread through my body and I could already feel myself letting loose.

"Size doesn't matter, baby. It's all about the performance." She winked before grabbing her drink and my hand with the other. I only managed to spill a bit of mine before she dragged me to the dance floor.

A remix of I Feel It Coming by The Weeknd began playing through the speakers and I raised my left hand up in the air, hips swaying against the music. Gabby was mouthing the lyrics as she did the same, a foolish grin on her face. I watched as her eyes moved to something behind me and I turned around to see a small brunette standing by the bar. He was talking to a friend but he kept on glancing back at Gabby, even tipping his bottle of beer in our direction when he saw she was looking at him as well.

"Go." I laughed, pushing her to head to his direction.

"Are you sure?" She asked, looking from me to the guy, and I nodded my head.

"If anyone's getting laid tonight, it's definitely you."

"You never know what could happen." She smirked before kissing my cheek and downing her drink. I shook my head as Gabby sauntered away, and I let myself get back into the music.

It wasn't long before I felt a presence behind
me, light touches ghosting over my waist. I turned around to see a guy with dark brown hair that was properly styled and blue green eyes that didn't bother being subtle as his eyes raked over my body.

He looked like the epitome of a guy who valued his possessions and I got my confirmation as soon as he opened his mouth. "I've got a car ready to leave this place and a bed with your name on it." He smiled and I scoffed before taking a huge step back.

"I'd rather not." I said and was about to leave when he grabbed my arm.

"You're not from here, are you?"

"Ah, he knows how to differentiate a foreignor's accent." I sarcastically said, glaring at his hand that was wrapped around my arm. I expected my comment to offend him but he only chuckled.

"I'm Nikolai." He introduced, removing his hand from my arm and offering it to me for a handshake. I only stared at his hand, not introducing myself and his smiled widened. "Hmm. I quite like a challenge."

"Good luck then." I showed him a fake smile and immediately dropped it. "Send my regards to whoever crushes your ego so that I can congratulate them on their success."

I turned around before he could even reply, and headed for the direction of what looked like the terrace. I managed to avoid what appeared to be a proposal, numerous people cheering at them. One of them almost walked backwards into me, but I thankfully took one big step to the right to prevent their drink from spilling onto my dress.

When I walked through the terrace doors, I couldn't help but take a deep breath at the feel of the cold night air. The sounds from inside had lowered and for the first time in a while, I was thankful for the peace and quiet.

It didn't last long though.

I was pulled out of my reverie when a puff of smoke appeared from my left. My head whipped towards that direction and I saw a guy leaning against the wall, right hand holding a cigarette and left arm crossed over his chest. He was wearing a simple black shirt and a matching bandana wrapped around his forehead, keeping strands of his brown hair away from his eyes.

He must've sensed my gaze because his eyes moved towards me and I felt myself shiver at his bright green eyes. He looked at me curiously and I didn't look away, standing my ground.

"If you're not a fan of smoking, then I suggest you leave because I found this place first." He said and I could hear his thick French accent.

I didn't reply and he didn't move his eyes away. I found myself walking forward until I was only a feet away from him.

"Do you have another?" It was a few seconds later when he pulled out a pack of cigarettes and pulled one out, offering it to me. I took the stick and placed it in between my lips as the guy pulled out his lighter. I had to move a bit closer when he flicked it and a small fire appeared. He placed a palm a few inches around it to keep the wind from blowing out the fire, lighting the end of my cigarette. "Thanks."

He only nodded in response as I leaned against the wall beside him, facing the view in front of us. Only the sound of the party inside could be heard, the two of us letting out puffs of smoke from our lips every few seconds.

"So, what's your reason for bailing?" He asked after a few minutes, putting his cigarette out but not making a move to light another one.

"Some dick made a lame attempt of taking me home." I scoffed, remembering how that guy, Nikolai, looked at me as if I was a prize waiting to be claimed.

"And you just left him there?"

"After making a comment about his ego, yes."

A chuckle escaped his lips and I turned to him to see a look of amusement in his eyes, the corner of his lips slightly lifting. "What would a successful one be like?"

I scrunched my eyebrows at him, not understanding his question. "What do you mean?"

A small gasp escaped my lips when he pushed off the wall and stood in front of me, only about half a foot separating us. With my heels on, we were about the same height but I know that if I wasn't wearing them, I'd be looking up straight into those green eyes. Despite the cold breeze, I could feel a heat go through me when he took another step forward while I pressed my back against the wall.

His lips formed a smirk and I found myself following the movement, not believing how a simple action could bring a warmth to my cheeks. "Let's say that if I wanted to take you home, what do you reckon I should say?"

I raised an eyebrow at him and placed the cigarette between my lips, inhaling and putting it away, a small amount of smoke flowing between us as I breathed out. I saw his eyes dart to my lips because of this and it was now my turn to smirk. "And why would you want to take me home?"

He placed both of his hands on the wall behind me, just by the side of my head. I cocked my head to the side, analyzing him the same way he was doing to me.

"Something tells me you're looking for an escape just like me."

"What makes you say that?"

He shrugged before turning back to me, eyes darker than just a few minutes ago. "It takes one to know one, I guess."

I took one last puff of my cigarette before crushing it with my foot, placing my hands behind my back. The action caused me to move a bit forward, making me stand closer to him. I could practically smell the scent of smoke from his breath and it oddly felt good. "And who would I be going home with?"

"Tell me yours first." I saw his smirk widen at my word play, already deducing that I had agreed.

"Nadia." I answered as his right hand moved to brush a strand of hair away from my face, cold fingers lightly touching my cheek.

"Charles. My name is Charles."

*****

Oooooooooh

Reese

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.6K 1K 21
He is one of the best racers in Formula 1. She is a widow from Northamptonshire. Victoria has a lot of emotional baggage brought about by her past. ...
501K 5.6K 110
"Sometimes, love isn't enough" In a world where love traingles, toxic relationships and drama can't seem to leave her alone. Warning: some chapters...
166K 5.4K 52
[COMPLETED] She has always loved F1 and visited a lot of races with her dad since she was very young. She knows many people in the paddock and gets a...
909K 18.6K 44
One year after breaking up with Charles Leclerc, Grace Diaz finally allows herself to have a fun night out with her best friend. After dancing with a...