Pokemon: Dreams Come True

By WellThisIsPointless

The Sinnoh region holds many tales about the great and beautiful Cynthia, the reigning Champion. She was reno... More

Prologue: Why I Hate Them
Chapter 1: Rejection
Chapter 2: Terror
Chapter 3: Rekindle
Chapter 4: True Beginning
Chapter 6: New Trainer
Chapter 7: A Journey
Chapter 8: Conflict
Chapter 9: Trouble in Viridian Forest
Chapter 10: Two Siblings
Chapter 11: Catching Ralts Part 1
Chapter 12: Catching Ralts Part 2
Chapter 13: A Heartfelt Discussion
Chapter 14: Pewter City, At Last
Chapter 15: Pewter City Gym Part 1
Chapter 16: Pewter City Gym Part 2
Chapter 17: The Thing I Wanted To Forget
Chapter 18: Aerodactyl's Rage
Chapter 19: Mega Bonds
Chapter 20: Ass Ketchup
Chapter 21: Ambiguous
Chapter 22: Showdown at Mount Moon
Chapter 23: Bitter Hatred
Chapter 24: Misty Waters
Chapter 25: Revenge Seeker
Chapter 26: Gym Battle of the Crashing Wave
Chapter 27: Path to Vermillion
Chapter 28: The Hunt
Chapter 29: For Hire
Chapter 30: Surging Gym Battle
Chapter 31: The Dawn of a New Beginning
Chapter 32: Eerie Whispers
Chapter 33: Colossal Problems
Chapter 34: Chills
Chapter 35: Ghostly Chaos
Chapter 36: What Once Was
Chapter 37: Unwelcome Reunion
Chapter 38: Spectacle
Chapter 39: Darken
Chapter 40: Hail the Nightmare
Chapter 41: Vali Hates His Life
Chapter 42: Ferocious Hatchling and Overgrown Gym Battle
Chapter 43: Remembrance
Chapter 44: Remembrance Part 2
Chapter 45: Miracles of Evolution
Chapter 46: Rift
Chapter 47: Underground City
Chapter 48: Discovery
Chapter 49: Shadow Garden
Chapter 50: Growth
Chapter 51: Bounty Hunter
Chapter 52: Piece of the Puzzle
Chapter 53: Toxic Gym Battle

Chapter 5: Moment of Truth

1.7K 45 17
By WellThisIsPointless

Let me try this again. My name is Vali Shirona, a pokemon trainer. Ever since that day, when my Eevee saved my life from a rampaging Ursaring, I promised myself that I would become the greatest pokemon trainer the world has ever seen.

It was about five days later, that I started my journey to conquer eight gyms to then participate in the Indigo League.

The eight gyms are a set of trials designed to test every trainer that challenges them. Each gym has a gym leader, which every challenger has to face. If the challenger wins, then they are rewarded with a gym badge, which is proof that they conquered that gym.

The trainers who manage to beat all eight gyms are eligible for the Indigo League, a tournament for the best of the best. Whoever wins the Indigo League gets an opportunity to challenge the Kanto Champion Lance. If they win, then they become the new champion.

That was my goal, but not my only goal. I had three goals:

A. Become the Champion of any league.

B. Be the best trainer in the world.

C. And for the final, most important goal, I wanted to beat Cynthia in a battle.

Those were the things that I was striving for—the trials I had to face. And I would do all of that, with Eevee by my side.

I got ready to set out for my journey, not knowing how long I would be gone for. I decided to let Eevee sleep while I finish packing for our adventure.

Eevee and I had been spending a lot of time together, getting to know each other better. She got along with Flygon very well, and the two have been training together since then. I still had my pokemon notes from when I was younger, and conveniently, I had notes on the Eevee species. I updated them while Eevee and I practiced battling. My dad has been helping me.

By the way, Eevee's moves were Tackle, Mimic, Swift, and Attract. A pretty monotype set of moves, but probably one of the better ones when it came to Eevee. Eevee was really only able to learn Normal-type and Fairy-type moves with some exceptions.

Types are a pokemon's characteristic and affinity, if you would call it that. Each typing has weaknesses to other types. If that doesn't make sense, just think that Fire is weak to Water, and Grass is weak to Fire, and so on and so forth.

Some pokemon have dual types, but most have only one. Take Eevee for example, she's only a Normal-type. Normal-types only have one weakness: Fighting-types. It gets pretty confusing at times, but it gets easier to understand the more you try to identify them.

Anyways, I put on my clothes, which consisted of a red and black jacket that had a black Eevee symbol on the front of it, dark pants, red and white shoes for every occasion, and I topped it all off with a gray scarf. I tied my longish blonde hair into a small ponytail and looked at the mirror. My stormy gray eyes seemed to glow.

I wasn't as self-conscious about my appearance as I was before. It was just like my dad said, I wasn't anything like Cynthia.

When I was done looking at myself in the mirror, trying not to glare at myself, I grabbed my red backpack that had black straps and wore it on my back. It was time.

I poked Eevee softly. "Hey, it's time to wake up," I said gently.

She slowly opened its eyes, focusing on me as it woke up. "Veeee," she yawned.

"We're all ready to go. What about you?" I asked her.

Eevee seemed to wake up fully as I said that. She yapped enthusiastically and jumped on my shoulder, which became her favorite spot.

"Let's say goodbye to dad, then," I said, which she agreed with. Eevee got along well with my dad as well.

I took my time going downstairs, taking one last look at my house, as I knew I wasn't going to see it for a long time. I was going to miss my small home.

My dad was waiting for me in the living room, smiling. "You all ready?"

I nodded, "I got everything packed."

We looked at each other in silence, before the two us hugged. "I'm going to miss you, dad." I said.

"Me too, son," he agreed, before pulling away and putting one hand on my other shoulder. "I just want you to know that I'm proud of you, my son."

A knot tied in my stomach, but I smiled nonetheless. "Thanks, dad." I looked at my dad's Flygon, who had sad eyes. "And you, Flygon, take care of my dad."

"Fly!" he said affirmatively. I rubbed his head, before looking back at my dad.

He was petting Eevee, "And you, Eevee, take care of Vali, okay? You're the only pokemon he's ever had, so you must be something special."

"Eevee!" she said, probably promising that she would.

The four of us walked outside, where my dad and Flygon were seeing Eevee and I off.

"Take care, Vali and Eevee," my dad said.

"Fly, Flygon," Flygon said.

"We will," I promised.

"Vee." Eevee said, agreeing.

With one last hug, I set off, walking to Professor Oak's lab. He didn't know that Eevee followed me home, so I figured that I should go to his lab and tell him that she's alright. Besides, I wanted to get a pokedex, which is basically a device that allows you to record information about any pokemon you encounter or catch. It reminded me that every trainer was able to carry six pokemon with them, so I was quite aware that I would need to catch more pokemon to assemble a team. That prospect made me slightly wary.

By the way, the reason I didn't ride my bike was because Eevee accidently wrecked it when we were practicing her Mega Tackle. Word of advice: don't underestimate an Eevee, they pack a serous punch, despite them being so small and adorable.

The trek through Route 1 wasn't too bad. Pidgeys and Rattatas occasionally attacked us, but they were no match for the coordination Eevee and I had. It was almost like we were in sync, as if we breathed in unison, our heartbeats becoming one. It was hard to explain, but it was like we understood each other better than we did a couple of days ago.

After a couple hours of training, we finally made it to the familiar place known as Pallet Town. I made it up the hill, before walking to the lab's front door. I knocked and waited for a moment.

Five seconds later, the door opened slightly, and Professor Oak peeked his head out. He seemed confused. "Vali? And... is that Eevee?" he opened the door completely and studied us. "So, Eevee was with you all along?"

I nodded, "Yeah, she followed me." I proceeded to tell him about what happened during school, when the Ursaring attacked me.

"She followed you all the way to Viridian and then saved you from that Ursaring? My, what an interesting story!" Professor Oak chuckled and rubbed Eevee's head.

"Eevee!" she exclaimed, enjoying the rubs. She really liked getting pet.

After he was done, Professor Oak looked at me with a questioning glance. "So, Vali, my boy, does this mean you want to be a pokemon trainer?"

I looked at him with nothing but seriousness, "I do. I really do."

He smiled at that, "Very well. Come inside, there are some things I have to give you."

I followed him inside, this time with excitement.

Professor Oak went to his desk, which had some sort of box on top of it. He opened it, and inside, were strange red rectangular devices with round edges and black stripes that looked like cellphones. He pulled one out and held it up into the air. "Rotom, a trainer needs you."

As he said that, the lights flickered for a second, and something that looked like an arc of electricity shot out of a socket and into the device.

Professor Oak held it out to me, "Here you go, your very own pokedex, the latest model actually. It also serves as a phone, thanks to Rotom."

Ah, so that was it. Rotom is a pokemon that can possess almost any electronic device, like a pokedex.

I took the phone from him, "Thanks." I turned it on, tinkering with it for a bit. There were multiple options, but the one that I cared about the most was the pokedex feature.

"Now, there will be a camera option, make sure to press that and aim it at the pokemon you want to add to the pokedex," Professor Oak explained.

I did what he told me, pressing the camera option in the pokedex app. It looked like some kind of Augmented Reality game. I pointed the camera at Eevee, and then a robotic voice that I figured was Rotom, spoke.

"Eevee, the Evolution Pokemon. Eevee is a unique pokemon that can adapt to its environment by changing its form and abilities when evolving."

The pokedex then proceeded to show me a picture of Eevee, displaying different information on her such as weight, height, typing, and so on. It also showed me potential moves it could learn.

"That's right, Eevee can evolve to eight different pokemon." I remembered. "Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Espeon, Umbreon, and Sylveon. All the eeveelutions."

"Correct," Professor Oak said, mildly impressed, "you seem to know a lot of pokemon, just like your father said."

"Well, I don't know that much," I insisted, "I just remember some things from my childhood."

Professor Oak chuckled, "Sure, sure." He looked at Eevee, "What do you think this little fella is going to evolve to?" he asked, sparkles in his eyes. I guess he's a Professor at heart.

"Dunno." I said. "What do you think, Eevee?"

She gave me a skeptical "Eevee..." like she wasn't sure.

"No pressure. Who knows, maybe you won't evolve, that'll be fine, too."

Eevee seemed to consider that.

"Well, whatever you two decide, I'm sure it'll be for the best," Professor Oak said, though he looked a bit disappointed. Didn't blame him.

Something on his desk caught my eye. It looked like another pokedex. I pointed at it. "Who is that for?"

"Oh that? There's another person who wanted to be a trainer. I'm holding that pokedex for them for when they come." He explained.

"So there's going to be a new trainer today? Who is it?"

Normally, when one turns ten, they can go to the Professor of their respective region and get a pokemon from them. So it was no surprise that Professor Oak was already prepared for a new trainer.

Suddenly, a knocking sound came from the door. "Guess that'll answer my question," I murmured.

"Come, let's meet the new trainer, " Professor Oak motioned to follow him to the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50K 767 40
If Leon vs. Alain, or the Tournament in the anime is not your cup of tea, why not read another version of the Masters 8? The story continues from Pok...
318K 6.6K 139
Ash Ketchum. A young and inspiring trainer who just became Alolan Champion and is now on his way back home. When Ash gets home, he finds out he's go...
123K 2.6K 61
*COMPLETE**EDITS COMPLETE* Ash Ketchum is a brand new trainer from Pallet Town in the Kanto region at 16 years old. His dream is to become the very b...
205K 3.1K 40
Amourshipping Story - (AshxSerena) Ash begins his training for the World Coronation Series Tournament. The winner of that tournament gets the honor...