Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai | ArShi S...

De sarita984

On the night of the Raizada's Diwali party, Arnav and Khushi share a passionate moment near the poolside. Thi... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 6

4.6K 267 32
De sarita984

Khushi sat up on her hospital bed and stared at the oscillating fan that moved from left to right, she had been doing that for the past half hour. She missed him. She distinctly remembered how she had broken down in front of him and he had comforted her, holding her close in his arms till she fell into deep slumber. She had so much to ask and so much to tell him, but he was nowhere to be found.

While in her thoughts, she suddenly froze when she heard his voice, "Khushi." She looked in the direction of the voice and she saw him standing in the doorway, right outside her hospital room.

"Arnavji..." She whispered, while trying to hide how comforted she felt to see him but her emotions failed her, she could not help but break into a smile after finally taking in his appearance as he walked towards her.

There was something about the way he said her name, she felt like she was the only girl in the world. She took a deep breath and reached out for his hand, he gladly obliged placing his hand in hers as he sat beside the bed.

"How are you feeling?" he asked as he ran his thumb over her palm.

She looked away briefly before answering, "In pain but it's manageable."

He was about to press the button to call the nurse when she shook her head, "It's okay, it's more discomfort than actual pain."

He nodded with relief as he shifted a lock of hair from her face. "I have so much to tell you but I just want you to feel better first alright."

"Hmm, I want to-" she started before they interrupted by a knock on the door.

He whispered, "We'll talk later" before releasing her hand from his hold.

As her father walked inside, she observed he had a bizarre look on his face but she quickly dismissed it seeing it be replaced by an affectionate smile towards her. Arnav on the other hand felt extremely conscious considering the conversation Shashi and her shared the day before. He really needed to clear the air with her father, he owed it to him, he wanted to prove himself to her father and make his intentions clear.

Arnav cleared the air, "I will finish up the hospital paperwork for her discharge and bring the car around to drop you all home."

Shashi politely replied, "Thank you son."

After Arnav left, the medical team arrived for Khushi's final checkup before her discharge.

Shashi went outside to wait for the doctors to finish their work, that was where Arnav found Shashi when he returned.

Arnav spoke announcing his presence, "Uncle, I just wanted to inform you that Lavanya and I are no longer together, we separated mutually and she is leaving our home. And as I told you before uncle, I will not hurt Khushi. I love your daughter." Shashi nodded hearing his words but did not offer anything further as he walked into the room.

Arnav let out a breath before mumbling to himself, "Well that went well...baby steps Arnav."

When Shashi and Khushi got to the front entrance, Arnav's car was already waiting for them. Arnav placed her bags in the trunk and helped Khushi into the backseat. Once both Shashi and Khushi were settled in, Arnav got into the driver's seat and headed to Laxmi Nagar. The journey from the hospital to Laxmi Nagar was thankfully a quick one but awkward to say the least for Arnav, with an observant Shashi sitting in the front seat and an unaware Khushi lost in her own thoughts in the backseat.

Payal opened the front door as Arnav knocked on it. He shifted aside so Payal could see Khushi standing beside her father. Payal had a bright smile on her face seeing her sister, "Khushi..." She hugged Khushi affectionately. Garima and Buaji came to the door and followed suite, hugging Khushi as well. Then Garima performed Khushi's aarti and welcomed them inside.

While Payal helped Khushi to her bedroom, Arnav placed Khushi's bags in the living room and quickly said his goodbyes, not wanting to intrude on their family time more than he already was.

Shashi called out to him, "Son wait."

Arnav halted; quite surprised Shashi walked towards him considering the cold shoulder he received at the hospital. Shashi held Arnav's hands in his and said, "Son, what you did for my daughter, for our family... I will never forget it. Thank you for everything and for being honest with me about my chutki. I trust you!"

Arnav smiled and placed a hand on Shashi's shoulder, "Uncle I'm glad I was able to be here for Khushi, for you all. If there's anything else I could do, I'm just a call away. And thank you for believing in me." Shashi pulled him into his arms and Arnav reciprocated the hug.

Since the evening she was discharged, it had been a few days since she last saw him. He neither called nor did he visit. She had tried to sneak away and call him a few times but each time the line went busy. As for his family, they came to visit almost every day; though they were very comforting and made her happy, she felt miserable as they all reminded her of him. She just wanted to know once how he was and see him, and then she would get rid of all his thoughts from her mind.

Did he love me? What about Lavanya?
Was he purposely trying to stay away from me?

Khushi looked at herself in the mirror of her bathroom. Her skin was pale, dark circles appeared beneath her hazel eyes, her hand was plastered hiding the cuts she had gotten, her other hand was slightly blotchy from bruises and then there was the stitches she received. The cuts would heal, her bruises would fade but the marks of her stitches will always be a constant reminder of everything that happened that night. She covered her arms properly with her dupatta, trying to hide the least of her imperfections.

Of course, he must have seen all of this and ran the first moment he got. He was just being kind, he did not love me. It was a mere infatuation, an attraction that only lasted as far as my beauty did.' Khushi reasoned with herself. She curled up on her bed and cried herself to sleep yet again.

A few hours later, Arnav checked his watch as he knocked the front door of the Gupta house. It was around noon, he was exhausted from the past week but he had to meet her. He couldn't delay it any further, he needed to know she was okay. He needed to explain so much to her.

Payal opened the door, "Arnavji?" She moved back and said, "Come in." Arnav nodded and entered the house.

"I'll get tea for you." Payal said.

Arnav asked as he sat down, "Can I have a coffee instead Payal?...if it's not too much of a bother" She smiled and replied, "Sure I'll get your coffee" before disappearing into the kitchen.

Payal came out of the kitchen a few minutes later and gave Arnav his coffee. While Arnav sipped his coffee, Buaji and Garima came out of Khushi's room and greeted Arnav. Payal excused herself as she took Buaji to her room to massage her head as Buaji had a headache.

As Garima sat on the chair opposite to him, he asked, "Aunty how is Khushi? How are you all?"

Garima sighed, "Not so good son, I'm worried about her..."

He remained silent as Garima continued, "It's like she's physically here but her mind is somewhere else. She is so quiet; I can't remember the last time she spoke more than a few words."

Arnav finished his coffee and asked, "Can I meet her?"

Garima nodded, "Sure go ahead."

Arnav smiled, "Thanks aunty."

Arnav entered Khushi's room and saw her sitting on the bed. Her knees were pulled up to her chest while her arms hugged her legs. He followed her gaze, it seemed like she was staring at nothing in particular, just staring through the window. He closed the door behind himself and walked towards her.

He sat beside her on the bed and tried to get her attention, "Khushi." She didn't answer, he put his hand over hers and repeated slightly louder, "Khushi."

Her trance broke and she looked up at him this time. When her eyes met his, Arnav smiled. He swore he almost saw a smile on her face but it disappeared. Before he could say a word, she lowered her gaze to where his hand laid on hers and slowly removed her hand from his.

She breathed out in a whisper, "What are you doing here?" before putting as much distance in between them as possible.

Arnav titled his head, alarmed at the difference in her behaviour as he tried to pinpoint what exactly was on her mind.

Was she scared of him?

Was she angry at him?

Was she ashamed?

He looked at her form, her dupatta wrapped around the length of her arms and completely covered her chest, and her long tresses fell onto her face, almost as if it was meant to hide herself behind it.

He bent his head, trying to meet her lowered gaze, "Khushi...I came to see you..."

"Why?" came her prompt question. She continued softly, "After a few days you finally came to check up on the pity case." She sniffed, "I don't want your pity..."

Arnav interrupted her, "Khushi how could you say that? I do not pity you; I care!" She let out a breath she had been keeping in.

"Khushi after I dropped you home from the hospital, I got a phone call and had to leave town for a work emergency. A project needed my immediate on-site attention and when I got there I couldn't get proper network. I just got back this morning and I came to straight from the airport to you...I'm sorry I-"

She countered, "You should not have come, I want to be alone."

He held her hand, "I'm not leaving you alone."

"P... please" she softly pleaded.

He leaned in and held her bruised hand against his chest, "I'm here now Khushi and I am not going anywhere."

After a few minutes she looked up at him and asked, "Am I ugly?"

A part of him shattered inside, he cupped her face, and looked into her eyes, "Khushi you are beautiful, inside out. Never think otherwise... if only you could see just how beautiful you are from where I'm standing."

She waved his hands away from her face, "Stop lying... I've heard enough lies since I came home from the hospital. Those sympathy visits the neighbours have been making, just a formality to show the society that they supported us... they come and offer kind words and then I hear their hushed voices taunting me as they leave."

He tilted her chin up to look at him and said with sincerity, "I am not lying. You are beautiful, I would never lie to you Khushi. I came here because I care and that will never be formality."

She gulped and fumbled with her words, "J...just look at me...I... I... that...I..."

Arnav did not interrupt or try to rush her, they remained in a comforting silence for a few minutes before Khushi was ready to begin speaking again. "That night... I still feel his touch, the way he pressed his body against mine, and the way he looked at me, that grin that played on his face when he tore the sleeve of my blouse. He was so close to my lips... I feel dirty, I...I feel unwanted" She trembled as the memories of that night replayed in her head like a record on loop.

Arnav's eyes moistened, "Khushi..." He stared at the girl before him; she was going through so much emotionally. The extent of her injuries went much further than what was on the surface.

She hiccupped and continued, "If you didn't... if you didn't come then he would have..." She started sobbing. Arnav pulled her into his arms and reassured her, "I did come Khushi, I'm here for you. I would not let anything happen to you." She nodded against his chest as her sobs dwindled.

Arnav pulled away after a while and leaned towards the nightstand. He picked up the tray of her untouched food, he took a spoonful of the food and held it before her mouth, "Come on, open your mouth. I'm sure you're hungry."

She nodded and opened her mouth. He smiled and fed her, continuing to feed her until the plate and glass of juice were both empty.

Arnav held her hands and said, "I need to tell you something" He paused for a second and then said, "Lavanya and I broke up."

Khushi spoke in just above a whisper, "Because of me..."

He took a breath, "Khushi I..."

Before he could continue, Khushi pulled away her hands from his hold.

"Khushi listen to me." He said, holding her hands.

Khushi lips quivered and she started crying, "All of this happened because of me..."

"Khushi, Lavanya and I were always great friends, we tried to become something more but it was not meant to be. These past few months, we had been growing apart and things just were not the same anymore. My feelings changed, Lavanya realized it too, she and I both realized that I was in love with you. So, we mutually ended our relationship."

She looked up, not knowing what to say. He continued, "It's not an infatuation, I really am in love with you. I don't know when it happened but it did Khushi." Khushi was still silent, "Khushi can I ask you something?" She nodded her head slightly.

He bit his lip, it was now or never, and then paused before he asked, "Khushi are you in love with me?"

He caressed her cheek before adding, "The truth Khushi!"

She looked into his molten brown eyes, she could see the hope, love, sincerity and admiration, he really was in love with her, it was real.. Before she knew it, the answer escaped her, "Yes I am... I'm in love with you." 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks for reading! Would really appreciate it if you can click on the vote button and leave me a comment.

I am completely in awe at the amazing response I've received since I resumed this story. Enough thank yous will not be enough to express how grateful and appreciative I am for all of the wonderful support I've gotten over the past two months. 

After my last update, some of you may have seen my note in mid August, but those of you who did not, I took a break from writing for a while as my grandfather passed away, then soon after I got covid as well and after I recovered I had to resume work as the school term began in September. It's been a whirlwind but I'm finally finding my footing again and I'm back!  🙏

Hope you all are doing well and you are safe! Till we meet again- thank you thank you thank you for reading and supporting my work! 💕

- Sarita   

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

498K 23.2K 41
Peep in to know more.
450K 17.4K 36
The story is based on ISS PYAAR KO KYA NAAM DHOON. It begins after Diwali night,which forces Khushi to see things differently and to fight for her fa...
149K 6.7K 35
This story follows the events when Arnav said to Khushi that, it's all her fault. He wished she never came to their lives.
48.5K 3.9K 32
Its a story about our beloved Arshi. Arnav Singh Raizada and Khushi Kumari Gupta