Velsura! - That Time I Got Se...

By Lobotomiskii

**NEW CHAPTERS ON SUNDAY** "It is I, the Great Storm Dragon: Veldora Tempest! Now, uhm- you see, I may have c... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Oh hello, me
Chapter 3 - Battle of the Goblin Village
Chapter 4 - I've Been Found Out!
Chapter 5 - The Hero King and The Evil Dragon
Chapter 6 - Meeting Shizu
Chapter 7 - Our Histories
Notice
Chapter 8 - Tormented Flames
Chapter 9 - An Ominous Fate
Chapter 10 - Visitors
Chapter 11 - The Conference
Notice 2
Chapter 12 - Before the Storm
Special Chapter! - Christmas in the Empire of Monsters!
Chapter 13 - Tempest vs. Orcs
Notice 3
Chapter 14 - Awaken
Chapter 15 - Shizue and The Empire of Monsters
Chapter 15.1 - Diary of an Arrogant Dragon
Chapter 15.2 - Best Buddies
Chapter 16 - Shizue has a Crush!(and some other boring things like diplomacy)
Notice(again)
Chapter 17 - Uncle Veldora!
Yet another notice(look, I'm really sorry)
Chapter 18 - The Demon Instructor
Chapter 19 - Annoying People and Headaches with Fuze
Announcement

Chapter 2 - A Village in the Forest

995 36 10
By Lobotomiskii

(A/N): Hello. Sorry I didn't post in a while, had some personal issues to deal with. Anyways, here's the next chapter.

Writing format(temporary, subject to change):

[[Ciel/Raphael/Great Sage]]

{Skills or Abilities}

{{VOTW}}

#Whisper/Mumble#

"Dialogue"

"Telepathic Dialogue"

Internal Monlogue/Emphasis

Loud

________________________________________________________________________________

Rigur POV:

My name is Rigur. I am the warrior of a small village of Goblins, and the only named individual. Even so, I do not consider myself strong, as there are many beings far superior to me, like the Great Storm Dragon, Veldora.

21 days ago, the Veldora, the Guardian Deity of the forest, suddenly disappeared, leaving all of the inhabitants of the forest in a panic. In the chaos, many malicious forces are attempting to cause trouble now that the guardian of the forest is gone.

Standing in front of me is a group of Direwolves. I have no clue as to why they left behind their home 200 kilometers to the east and migrated here, but it is clear that they mean trouble.

Right now, me and a small group of Goblins are in a standoff against 4 Direwolves. It's apparent from a glance that our side is at a disadvantage. Each of the Direwolves is at least as strong as me, if not more, and their leader seems to surpass me greatly. Meanwhile, my group of barely-armed goblins, numbering only 5 excluding myself, would struggle to take down even one Direwolf. It is a match that can only be described as hopeless.

Even so, as the named warrior of our village, who Lord Gelmud saw potential in, I must hold my ground. For the honor of my name, and my village.

I grit my teeth and prepare myself to fight. The Direwolves are making their move, spreading out to surround us. The Goblins huddle tightly to form a small cluster, facing outwards to the Direwolves. I can feel that they are scared. If I have to admit, I am scared as well. For my village's future.

The atmosphere is tense, as the Direwolves circle around us, seemingly waiting for us to make the first move. Thoughts and half-ended strategies cluster my mind as I desperately try to find a way out of this unfavorable predicament. But my thoughts are unclear! I cannot make judgement right no-

"DURAAAGONNNNN PAUUUNCHHH!"

Ueh!?

A dark blue thing whizzes around us, knocking out the Direwolves in a blinding flash. The fear in my companion's eyes turn into surprise, for only a second.

As the last Direwolf falls to the ground, unconscious, I look around to look for my savior, to maybe offer them my th-

A SLIME!?

Did this slime just take out all of these direwolves? It should be impossible, but... this aura! This is the aura of a Calamity class being!

"KUA-HA-HA-HA! Worry not goblins, for you have been saved!"

________________________________________________________________________________

Veldora POV:

Kua-ha-ha-ha! Truly, my mercy and grace knows no bounds! This forest is in great peril, but fret not, for your guardian deity, Veldora Tempest, has arrived!

Well... I can't exactly say that, can I...

Hmmmm...

"KUA-HA-HA-HA! Worry not goblins, for you have been saved by I, Rimuru Tempest!"

Teehee, Rimuru will surely give me all the praise when he finds out that I have saved helpless beings using his name!

"Now, you, the tall one! Tell me your name!"

"Yes, strong one! My name is Rigur, I am the sole named warrior of the goblin village to the south! We sincerely offer our deepest thanks to you for saving us, strong one!"

The tall hobgoblin named Rigur lowers himself into a dogeza before me, and prompts his companions to do the same. They oblige quickly, having sense my tremendous aura.

Kua-ha-ha-ha! Yes, recognize my greatness!

"Strong one!" The leader speaks while lowering his head. "Would you please tell us what your business here is?"

Well...

What am I doing here? Ah, of course!

"Yes, I'm trying to find some goblins to be my subordinates! Now, have you seen any goblins nearby?"

KUA-HA-HA-HA! This is the beginning of my empire! Now, I just need to find some subordinates!

...

...

...

"Let me ask you again, have you seen any goblins around here?"

"..."

"Oi! At least say something!"

"Strong one... W-we are goblins..."

...

I see.

"Kua-ha-ha-ha! Of course, how silly I am! Now, lead me to your village. I must speak to your elder."

________________________________________________________________________________

20 Minutes Later...

I am currently following the group of Goblins towards their village. I have tried many times to strike up conversation with them, but it seems most of the goblins are unable to speak, only the Named One, Rigur, has answered my questions. According to him, the village, as well as some other local Goblin settlements have been harassed by a clan of Direwolves. Due to the vast difference in strength, the E-F Rank Goblins have been pushed around by stronger creatures ever since the disappearance of my other self. It seems that it might be a fault of mine that the village is experiencing such a situation.

A clearing comes into view of the procession, of which I assume is the Goblin village.

"Sir Rimuru, we have arrived at the village."

Yeah... this is pretty pathetic for a village...

"Oh Strong One! What business do you have with us?" I look to see some old Goblin running up to me, before bowing down. "I'm afraid our village is currently in a terrible situation, and we are not able to offer any hospitality! We apologize!"

"Kua-ha-ha-ha! Worry not, pathetic Goblins! I, the great Rimuru Tempest, have no intention of harming you!"

The old Goblin seems to sigh in relief, before asking me to follow him into his hut.

"Strong one, our guardian deity, the Storm Dragon Veldora has disappeared. Without his presence to protect us, the stronger monsters in the forest have started to move, attacking us weaker monsters!" The Goblin says, almost crying. "We humbly beg of you, Great Rimuru Tempest, to offer us your protection!"

The old Goblin, as well as his two sons, bow their heads to me.

Indeed, this is exactly how it should be! Yes, bow to the great Veldora, little goblins! Kua-ha-ha-ha!

"Very well! I shall offer you my protection, but on one condition!"

The goblin elder tenses up. "W-What would t-that be, G-great one?" He asks while keeping his head on the ground.

"It is but a simple request! I ask you all to become my servants! My subordinates! And I shall offer you protection, I swear that on my name, Ve- Rimuru Tempest! Kua-ha-ha-ha!"

The goblins hesitate for only a moment, before determination sets onto their demeanor. "We accept! Thank you, Rimuru-sama!" All three of them loudly shout at once.

"Very well, you are now my subordinates! Kua-ha-ha-ha-ha!"

________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, in the East...

A direwolf with a star on his head bows before his father. His father, the alpha of the clan, looks at him expectantly, awaiting his report.

The son begins to speak. "Father, I believe there will be no issues in conquering the Goblin villages, although..."

He hesitates.

"I believe the scout team may have encountered a passing Majin. While we were engaging a group of Goblins, we suddenly were knocked out. Thus, I advise that we proceed here with caution."

The alpha direwolf contemplates this for a moment, before adressing his son, as well as the entire clan. "We will begin our attack tomorrow! A goblin, a majin, or even a demon lord, they will all feel the might of the direwolf clan! Tomrrow, we will set off to make the forest our own!"

The alpha howls into the night, followed by the members of his clan. Confidence gleams within all of their eyes, but little do they know, that soon their confidence will be crushed.

________________________________________________________________________________

1337 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.1K 1K 15
50 Years after the great tenma war Rimuru is in his office doing paperwork Rimuru being the ruler of the monster nation he's forced to do paperworks...
1.6K 21 5
We all know the Story of Rimuru Tempest and his anime of "That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime" (At least I hope you do) But what if someone from...
56.3K 1.9K 16
This story takes place during and mere moments after Rimuru Tempest' evolution into a Awakened Demon Lord. During this Evolution, due to the Presence...
165K 5.8K 62
Title: Tensura: From Primordial Silver to True Dragon - The Epic Tale of Rimuru Tempest Hey guys, here's a new story for you, so give it a read. And...