A YEAR WITH THE BILLIONAIRE

By Eaglewoman20

Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
THE END

CHAPTER 71

44.8K 1.5K 92
By Eaglewoman20

Isabella's POV

I push him away, not because I don't want this but because I don't want to get confused with all of these kisses which aren't defined.

He refused to talk about the first kiss and faked the second one. Now he is giving it to me again with no genuine reason.

Who the hell does he take me for?

I know I shouldn't have said sorry to him but I had to because I know he helped me out when I needed help. I wanted to regret why I accepted the offer in the first place but I can't.

I already conclude within myself that I won't regret it no matter what.

I like Romeo but not the same way I like him. I might consider Romeo but not with him in the picture, lurking around and monitoring my every movement.

Surprises flash across his expression. Before I can say anything, he grabs me again and kisses me, holding the back of my head firmly.

I want to struggle with him but I know I can't win this over.

I want this too. I just don't want this to go on. I don't want to get confused anymore about my emotional decisions.

I want to be clear on what I want.

"Jayden, stop it", I summon up enough courage to push him away again but he grabs my hand as he tries to catch his breath.

"I'm sorry", he apologizes again, his eyes turning soft. This is nothing compared to how he looked at me when he kissed me on that first day. His eyes blamed me that day.

"You are sorry? Is that why you kissed me?"

He looks confused as he shakes his head. "No."

"No?"

He turns his back on me and places his left hand on his waist. He must have realized what he has done and he regrets it.

Not knowing how to handle all of this and how to face him again if he turns back, I saunter to the next room, closing the door quietly before he can turn back. The bed is in there and he can lay on it to rest from his trip.

I need to get my thoughts together. I need to think about all of this that is happening.

My face is dried-eyes already and that is because his thumbs wiped all my tears while he was kissing me as if his life depended on it.

This kiss is different. It isn't similar to the first kiss. This feels like he was pouring his aggression and emotions into it.

It was fierce. Rough. 

Powerful but sensual.

I slap myself mentally.

Jayden knows what he is doing. I should know what I am doing too. This isn't real. Maybe he only did that to apologize for calling me a whore. 

He f***ing insulted me yet I apologized? What the hell is wrong with me? Why did I even allow the kiss to happen?

I sit on the dining chair and place my head on the dining table. I wanted Jayden to come here with me but he rejected the offer and I came on my own.

The second day I came here, I bumped into Romeo who took my number to apologize for almost making me fall on my buttocks even though I knew he wanted my number for something more than that.

Romeo has been calling and checking up on me even though we are currently in the same city, whereas Jayden is miles away, not caring to check up on me.

Now he is here and he is kissing me. Does he expect me to kiss him back?

I know I did the wrong thing by allowing Romeo to kiss me in public. I shouldn't have allowed that. That is the only mistake that I made. But thinking about it again makes me discover something about last night's call. Jayden sounded pretty annoyed, not because I didn't know he was the one who called at first but because he heard me laughing with someone and even heard me call Romeo's call.

He got mad and came all the way here to accuse me of cheating.

Is this all about him? Is he this selfish and egoistic?

Just before I can figure out answers to the numerous questions, my phone rings from the other room and I shoot up from the chair to go and pick it up.

I open the door to meet Jayden coming to give me the phone. I ignore him, grab the phone from him and turn back inside. I slam the door shut and Romeo's name appears on the phone screen as the caller.

"Shit!" I curse. Jayden would have seen the name and Romeo must be wondering who Jayden is to warrant such a reaction from me.

I spill my coffee and push him away. I also told him to leave in a hurry.

How do I tell him about Jayden? How will he take it? Will he stop coming after me if I tell him? Will I be happy if he stops coming here?

Should I keep up with the lie that Jayden is my friend? Will he buy my lie even with that awkward reaction which is similar to a wife being caught cheating on her legally married husband?

The phone begins to ring again and I pick it up.

"Hey!"

"Hola!"

"Sorry about earlier", I quickly say before he can bring the topic up.

"It's fine, are you ok now?"

I nod, as though he can see me. "I feel much better. I told you that rest was all I needed."

"Yes, you did. I'm happy you are fine now. I was so worried and I couldn't stop thinking about you which is why I am calling…"

"Thank you very much, Romeo. You've been a great friend", I say, emphasizing the friend. We are still friends, we haven't upgraded our friendship to being lovers and for that to happen, there are a lot of things to talk about and consider.

He is an extremely good guy and he makes me laugh all the time. He is cute and honest. He told me all about his life in just a night but I couldn't bring myself to tell him everything about me, not anything that involved Jayden and our contract.

I acknowledge the fact that he has been quiet for more than a minute. "Romeo, are you there?"

When he told me his name was Romeo, it felt awesome like something magical was about to happen and I have finally found my own Romeo in the city of Romeo and Juliet.

He was all smiles too and I know he is here for the same purpose as me. 

"Yes, sorry. I was lost in thought", he answers with all honesty.

"Lost in thoughts? What are you thinking about?"

"Who is he?" He suddenly demands from me and my heart begins to race faster than usual.

This is it. I should have known that he would never let it slide. If I was in his shoes, I would be curious to know who that man is. The man who made me act that way. The man I fear so much.

"Isabella?"

"Don't mind Jayden, he is one of my cousin's brothers. I never expected to meet him here, that's why I was so shocked when he called my name. I was so sure for days that no one knows me here but he proved me wrong", I ramble on. "I'm sorry I was a bit clumsy earlier. I was startled."

There is no point lying about his name. I called out his name in the presence of Romeo and he also called me Isabella Russell.

I feel bad for lying but I have no choice. I will tell him the truth as time goes on. But for now, he should make do with this half-life.

"Ok, then. Can we meet tonight? You already said you feel better and I really need to talk to you about something."

I know I said that because I didn't want to go out at night since Jayden was coming and I didn't want to give Jayden the impression that I am here for something more than just a trip but I am having second thoughts about it.

Jayden and I are not on speaking terms currently. We just exchanged words a few minutes ago and an aggressive kiss which has meanings so it would be better if I go out to escape from him for a while.

By the time I am back, he should probably be gone to wherever it is he is having the business meeting he came for. Most of these meetings can be at night or as a form of a dinner party.

This way, Romeo won't come here either and Jayden won't see him. All I need to do is make sure they don't cross paths for now and that means being available for Romeo for the time being.

I won't let him come straight to my door anymore. I will always go down to meet him. 

It means I have no choice but to go out with him tonight. He might become worried about me and decide to pay a visit.

"Isabella, please?"

"Ok, ok, fine. What time?"

"I will come to get you", he suggests but I shake my head.

"No. Let's meet at our special spot", I laugh to hide my fear. Our special spot is the waterfall. We usually spend a lot of time there before heading to wherever he wants to take me.

He chuckles deeply in a gruff tone. "Sure, see you tonight."

"Yes, I will be there by 6 pm."

"Great. Bye, love."

"Bye." He disconnects the call and I expel a deep sigh. 

I wonder what he wants to talk to me about. Whatever it is, I should go meet up with him there. I can't allow him to come here because it will be a disaster.

Jayden might end up ruining everything for me but I want to prove that I have everything in control.

This is my life and it's high time I take full control of my life. I won't let Jayden bully me anymore.

Not anymore. 

Until the end of our contract.

****

Is she playing hard to get or Jayden deserves this?

Air your views and don't forget to vote.

Can someone guess how many chapters we have left?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 182 7
"I want to be completely yours." I whispered and his lips parted slightly. "You sure-" he cleared his throat. " I mean, are you aware that I'm-" "Wou...
495K 13.3K 48
When Allison's step mother and sister betrayed her for her wealth. Along with her loving husband, her world came crashing down. They throw her on st...
1.6K 63 14
WRONG BRIDE - CORRECT BRIDE Regardless of being a self- made Billionaire, the untamed billionaire Antonio is the heir apparent to his Father's stinky...
118K 5.4K 39
#1 in Zac - 9/8/22 #1 in Wattpadromace - 11/01/22 One drunk night, Claire's already not so perfect life changes forever. What happens if after seven...