||Roommates|| Kobayashi's Dra...

Door lol_ninikun

A oneshot book of your favorite side characters: Fafnir and Takiya. Open for requests! "And they were roommat... Meer

You Care About Me
You're A Hit
I Treasure You
Just A Walk
I Wouldn't Mind
Protect You
Jealousy, Jealousy
Puppy Love
Flight Of A Lifetime
Part Of My Treasure
Double Date: Maid Cafe

Rainy Days

236 9 5
Door lol_ninikun

A bolt of lighting slashes across the gray sky with the following booming of thunder.

As the rain pours onto the sidewalk outside, the lights flicker inside Fafnir's shared apartment.

"Hmm?"

Fafnir backs away from his monitor for the flickering power, his game only crashing and saving with no progress.

Then, the power goes completely out, leaving all that was once illuminating dead.

Another black out? We had one last week as well.
Typhoons. How annoying.

The dragon turns in his chair to Takiya's desk, which is empty due to him being at work. Fafnirs' eyes are able to adjust within the darkness.

Takiya forgot his umbrella.. Fafnir thinks to himself, seeing Takiya's umbrella leaning against his desk.

He said a power outages usually meant it's raining 'cats and dogs'....... Interesting use of euphemisms.
The umbrella... Should I take it to him?

Another bright bolt of lighting with following thunder answers his question.

Hmmph. Might as well.

...

"Fafnir?"
Tohru greets Fafnir in surprise as she walks to the front of the office building.

Fafnir stands under a black umbrella, previously staring aimlessly to the abyss before Tohru caught his attention. The dragon maid approaches him with a peachy pink umbrella of her own.

"What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for Takiya." Fafnir responds.

"He forgot his umbrella too?" Tohru sighs.
"Humans can be very forgetful when in a hurry, huh?"

"I blame their incompetent minds."
Fafnir replies simply.

Tohru makes a sudden chuckle as she hops besides the red eyed man. Fafnir attempts to stare off again, yet can hear Tohru making small giggles to herself. He sinisterly turns like a stone statue with an annoyed gaze.

"What are you laughing about?" Fafnir asks.

Tohru chuckles again and cutely points her finger up to his umbrella. His lone umbrella.

"Did you plan to share your umbrella too?
Unless you forgot as well, Fafnir."
She asks in a teasing manner.

Fafnir's demonized look disappears as he glances up at his umbrella, then down towards his arms. He was a bit shocked yet still held a stoic expression, realizing he truly forgot his own umbrella. Tohru—purposely—had one lone umbrella as well.

"I didn't know you two were as close as
Kobayashi and I!" Tohru happily hums, playfully marching in place, her brown shoes splashing in a thinly made puddle of rain water.

"Don't be ridiculous." Fafnir huffs in response, looking out towards the sidewalk of passerby's.
"What's so special about sharing a tool with another person?"

Tohru chuckles. "It's a like partnership; You get to see them smile."

Fafnir huffs.

It wasn't on purpose, and certainly not what you think. Fafnir thinks towards Tohru. I'm nothing like you: obsessed with a lone, inferior human.
I'm merely accompanying him.
Nothing more.

Fafnir wasn't sure of the time, but seeing Tohru's glowing smile tells him his roommate is nearly done with work.

"Miss Kobayashi!"
Tohru runs up to the office door streaming with workers leaving for the late evening.

"Tohru? What are you doing here?"
Kobayashi asks, walking over to Tohru and Fafnir not too far behind the dragon maid.

Tohru smiles with an umbrella in hand.
"Here to walk you to your train silly!
You were running late when I flew you here, so you must've forgotten your umbrella."

"Oh, thank you, but that's not at all necessary." Kobayashi puts bluntly. She points her thumb to Elma, who exits the office building just then.

"I already promised Elma to buy some sweets for her if we can share her umbrella on the way to the train."

"WHAT!?" Tohru nearly snaps the umbrella in half her hand grip, leaving a dignified mark on its handle.

"Oh, hi Tohru." Elma greets innocently as she joins in the conversation. Yet from the looks of it, Tohru was ready to battle the disguised serpent.

The two began to mindlessly bicker, but Fafnir paid no mind. He only stares at the office door, waiting for Takiya to emerge.

"Hey Fafnir, didn't expect you here."
Kobayashi greets, walking away from the two women barking at one another.
"Waiting on Takiya?"

Fafnir only hums a yes in response, as if the office door was distracting him. Seeing how he cares makes Kobayashi smile a little.

"He'll be done in a couple of more minutes,
he said he had something to finish."

Fafnir hums again in response.

Eventually, the office worker with her two dragons leave to go shopping for food, leaving Fafnir under the roof in front of the office place. He puts down his umbrella and continues to wait quietly.

Humans work for quite a long duration
for their lives, just for the means of living.
He ponders, side eyeing towards the sidewalk of passerbyers.

These weak-minded humans are being nothing more than workaholic drones with no time or energy to fulfill their greatest desires.

They are stuck in their own creation of currency and demand.

At least Takiya has his own interests in arts and games, wasting his short life with things that he wants...

...but.

Fafnir's eyes fall down to the closed wet black umbrella, dripping a small puddle of water in front of him.

Takiya was only concerned of his own needs and wants. Now... he includes mine.
He lived just fine before hand, didn't he?

He works longer and harder for his living,
his passions, and now, me.

Takiya was able to set aside time for me to indulge in his pleasures?

What sort of fool is he?

"Faf-Kun?"

Fafnir looks up to see his roommate jogging out from behind the glass door. He looked a lot different without the swirly nerd-glasses he usually wore around the house, but Fafnir pays no mind to it anyways.

"What are you—"

"You forgot your umbrella." Fafnir says, holding out the umbrella handle as Takiya approaches.

Takiya chuckles with a warm smile.
"Heh! Yeah, I realized that on the train here.
Didn't expect you to come all this way though."

"There was another black out, so I had nothing better to do." Fafnir says.

"Ah, I see. Well, thank you!" Takiya sighs. "Hopefully the power will be back by the time we get back."

Takiya takes part of the umbrella, the two roommates grazing hands before Fafnir moves his hand away, letting the office worker take the umbrella.

"Well then,"
Takiya steps out into the rain and looks to Fafnir from the protection of the umbrella.

"Lets get going, Faf-Kun."

Fafnir novels for a moment at his roommate before walks under the umbrella, accompanying Takiya.

The two walk side by side in silence, listening to nothing but the bustling streets and the pitter-patter of rain on the nylon fabric of their shared umbrella.

Fafnir can catch people glancing at his roommate as they pass by, seeing how they contrasted.
Yet it didn't seem Takiya mind it at all.

The two find themselves waiting at a stop sign.

"It's a nice day, isn't it?" Takiya murmurs.

"What makes today any different than yesterday?" Fafnir asks, as it's been raining for the past week. He's unsure how humans can tell what is a nice or isn't a nice day, and by what standard.

"Well you're here, that's a plus."
Takiya says as he peeps his eyes to the cloudy sky from under the umbrella.

A pink tint pinches Fafnir's cheek.
"And?" Fafnir add ons.

"Annnd this rainy day isn't as bad as the last."
Takiya responds.

Fafnir figures Takiya is right, as Takiya has been coming home drenched, despite bringing an umbrella, due to the wind kicking up the water.

The walk sign glows and people began to cross.

"You wanna stop by some place to eat?"
Takiya asks as they began walking.

"Will they have something mild?"
Fafnir asks. It makes Takiya chuckle.

Fafnir glances at Takiya's face, that bright relaxed smile. It's normal, generic, just as anyone else's human smile. But to Fafnir, it's a bit more than that.
A lot more than that.
He's surprised of himself;
He wants to see an officer workers' smile.

"Sure Faf-kun," Takiya answers.
"They will probably have something 'mild'."

Perhaps Tohru was right...
...Maybe Tohru and I
are more alike than I'd like us to be.

-----
Words: 1375

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

305K 5.3K 45
A collection of my Diabolik Lovers Scenarios, oneshots and stuff. Please comment or message me if you want to request. Enjoy~! ☆ Book Cover by: anime...
4.3K 139 28
・❥・ Niragi X Chishiya | Oneshots The short stories will contain SMUT, ANGST and FLUFF! All work produced in this book is written by me (I DO TAKE R...
6.8K 295 20
Taji, Fired from his job, he goes home depressed-- BLAH BLAH! WHO'S CARES RIGHT NOW! WHY AM I PAIMON IN THIS LAND OF DRAGONS!!!! Adventure? Money? F...
42.5K 1.4K 56
Here we have a Fronnie one-shot book.Read at your own risk. And yes,I know you mother fucker's didn't ask for a one-shot book,I was just so despera...