Life Is Strange: Before The S...

By netheritehell

|COMPLETED| This is a story based off of Life is Strange: Before The Storm. I'm going in chronological order... More

Firewalk
Rachel Amber
Field Trip
The Park and Junkyard
Expelled
No More Blackhell
Helping Frank/The Play
Rachel's Mom
The Truth (End)
Epilogue

Acting?

500 11 2
By netheritehell

a/n - i know i'm having ethan bounce in between rachel and chloe, but i want this to focus more on rachel and him. chloe'll happen after :)

Damn it...

I got dressed in a weird crow looking costume. A black top with blue feathers for shoulder pads and black jeans, a beak on the top of my head with blue makeup on my face. Bandages all over my cuts to hide them.

I can't believe I let Rachel talk me into this.

I looked around and saw the script.

There's no fucking way I can memorize this. I guess we'll just have to wing it.

~Time skip to before play entrance~
Rachel - Prospero
Ethan - Ariel

Prospero: Come away, servant, come!
Oh, shit! That's me.
Ariel: All hail, great mistress. I come to answer thy best pleasure.
Prospero: Most fearless, generous spirit! Hast thou performed the tempest that I bade thee?
Ariel: I boarded the Kings's ship; in every cabin, I flamed amazement. The fire and cracks of sulfurous roaring the most mighty Neptune seem'd to besiege and make his bold waves tremble.
Prospero: My brave spirit! Who was so firm, so constant, that this coil will not infect his reason?
Ariel: Not a soul. The King's son. Ferdinand, was the man that leaped from his ship... and cried... "Hell is empty, and all the devils are here!"
Prospero: But are they, Ariel, safe?
*Ariel walked to the top of the stage shipwreck*
Ariel: Not a hair perished, and, as thou bad'st me... I have dispersed them 'bout the isle... In troops!
Prospero: Ariel, thy charge exactly is performed. But there's more work.
Ariel: Is here more toil? Let me remember thee what thou hast promised.
Prospero: How now? What is't thou canst demand?
Ariel: My liberty!
Prospero: Thy liberty? Nay! This most of all I will not grant!
That's not her line... What is she doing?
Ariel: But thou assured my freedom... didn't thou?
Prospero: I never said how dearly I hold thee; my habits been to keep my soul well-draped. Most loyal spirit... companion and friend... Is acting in my service not replete with excitement, amusement, and delight?
Ariel: Of course, mistress.. most truly is it so.

Those sweet green eyes. This isn't Prospero and Ariel talking, it's us.

Prospero: Then why, I pray you, wish you to be free?
Ariel: Excitement age's quickly... and I fear.. If we set out in search of new.. enjoyment... you'll tire of me, and then I'll be alone.

Rachel smashes the staff she has in her hand against the ground.

Prospero: I have thee in my grasp; I will not bend. I will not see thee flying forth alone! The envy would be more than I could bear.
Ariel: So come with me! Is that not in thy pow'r?

Rachel dropped to a knee.

Prospero: Spirit, take my hands, most faithful friend. For but a little longer I beseech: continue in thy service to my schemes.

She grabbed my hand with both of hers.

Prospero: And when they are complete, I swear to thee- We shall fly beyond this isle- the corners of the world our mere prologue. I'll seem to make thy happiness so great the even the name of liberty's forgot. What sayest thou to my most hopeful wish?

Sounds like she's asking us to get married.

"Say yes!!" Someone from the crowd yelled.

Ariel: Yes.
Prospero: I am most pease. Your duty, done for now.

I walked off stage to the curtains.

"That was amazing!" Juliet hugged me.

"Thanks!"

Wow. That was just... Wow.

"What ho, slave, Caliban! Come forth, I say" That was Nathan Prescott's queue to get on stage.

He walked on looking like a nervous wreck.

After a few lines he started breaking down on stage.

"Fuck you." He mumbled and then walked off stage.

Prescott deserves that shit.

The play kept going and I watched the whole thing, Rachel, the star of the whole thing.

Everyone started going on stage in pairs, bowing as the audience clapped.

Rachel waved me over and I shook my head.

"Wasn't that fun?" She walked to me and grabbed my arm.
"You're so dead." I said with a big smile.
"Yeah? How dead?"
"Hella dead." I chuckled and bowed with the rest of the cast.

After the audience left we went backstage and changed back into normal clothing.

"So.. you still up to do something?" Rachel asked me.
"As long as it's not being forced to perform another play, then yes."
"Come onn. You had fun."
"Maybe. You'll never know."

We left the school and just walked the empty streets of Arcadia Bay. The only light coming from houses and the streetlights.

"Oh my god, Keaton's face behind you when you walked on stage..." Rachel kept laughing and laughing.
"I was shitting myself!" I laughed along with her.
"He was shitting himself!"
"That dude owes me."

Everything felt amazing. No worries, no sadness. Just happiness. Rachel and I having the time of our lives together. I just wish Chloe was here..

"What if I told you that the entire fate of our production rests upon your shoulders?" Rachel mocked Mr. Keaton.

My god I love Rachel's giggle.

"I've never had an experience like that onstage!" I just watched as Rachel enjoyed herself.
"Right! You were-"
"No, you. Like, seriously! I love nights after a show!"
"Is it always like this?"
"Oh totally! It's such a high. No more nerves, just the adrenaline... So, first-timer, are you proud of yourself? You were literally perfect tonight. I was blown away." She stopped in front of me.
"I'm just relieved I never have to do anything like that ever again. The last twelve hours have been fucking intense." I let out a small chuckle.
"You've gone through so much shit today.." She sighed.
"Right now's pretty good." I smiled.
"It's magical." She smiled back, holding her hand out for me to hold, so I did just that.

We walked a few steps and Rachel turned to me.

"Let's leave. For real." She let go of me and stared dancing around a streetlight.

For real? Huh..

"You said you wanted to skip town and never look back. Like I said last night, lets do it!" She was as playful as ever.

"I know. I've been thinking about that all day! But Chloe.."

"You saw how she reacted! You can't let her stop you. I know you want this."

"Yeah! But like... eventually."

"Let's go, now! Didn't we already agree onstage?"

"We can't just-"

"Because.. Chloe and Joyce. I know our situations are shitty, but we can't just... leave them."

"That doesn't sound like Ethan Pierson.." She looked disappointed.

"I'm the only person Chloe and Joyce have left.... You're right, what am I saying? Chloe's angry at me forever and Joyce got David now." That thought saddened me.

"We can figure it all out. I've got more than enough money to start us off. I always get birthday money from my dad. Or should I say, hush money?"

"Fine then, Drama Queen, where are we going?"

"You tell me! What uniquely twisted location does Ethan Pierson plus Rachel Amber equal?"

"Huh... Los Angeles. You could show me around."

"Perfect! Sixty degrees every night. You and me on the Santa Monica pier, gorging on food truck food, smoking up, looking at the moon shining on the waves. And a beautiful blonde girl will sit next to us and smile at you."

"Riiight, okay."

"She'll say, 'I like your muscles,' and I'll say 'Back off, he's with me.'" I smiled at her impersonation of an LA girl.

"You're full of shit." I playfully shoved her away.

"I love this time of night! Don't you just feel like everything's possible?" She danced around but reality began setting in for me.

"Rachel, stop. If you don't mean this, it's just making me feel like shit that this life you're describing isn't going to happen."

"For fuck's sake! I've never been more serious in my life."

She grabbed my hand and dragged me to the middle of the road with her.

We held on to each other as we spun in a circle, giggling with each other.

"Ethan! What would it take to convince you?"

I have to make a move, now. I can't wait any longer.

I closed the space in between us, holding her right cheek with my left hand.

"Something like this."

I pushed my lips onto hers and we kissed. Not letting go for a few seconds as we embraced each other even more. Her lips as soft as I imagined them. She had to get on her tiptoes.

Everything felt infinite. Everything felt at peace.

"Is that convincing enough?" She smirked after we pulled away.

"Yeah-" I immediately went for more. Grabbing her waist under the streetlight.

"Holy shit." We pulled away.

"Right?" We had the biggest smiles on our faces.

We came out of the moment and saw ash falling from the sky.

"Hey. I think this is a sign. I think we should leave tonight."

"Really?"

"If you want to. I'm ready. Let's go sneak some clothes and stuff from my house."

"For you or for me?"

"I gotta say, my brother's old clothes look damn good on you."

"Cool. Let's do it." I cracked my fingers.

"And then, we'll get the hell out of Arcadia Bay."

"Perfect.." I brushed some Ash out of her hair.

She smiled and grabbed my hand and we ran to her house which was just down the street.

a/n - i'm gonna skip right to the dinner.

Rachel's parents caught us so we ended up having dinner together.

All of us were sitting around the table.

Rachel's Mom: So, Chloe, are you and Rachel in any of the same classes?
Ethan: A few, but our grades are definitely not the same.
Rachel's Mom: What about that fire?

That comment made Rachel choke on her water.

Rachel: Dinner's really good, Mom.
Rachel's Mom: Thank you, Rachel. The way the fire spread so fast. I've never heard of anything like it
Ethan: It's crazy. They say a fire like that could only come from a crime of passion.

Why the fuck did I say that?

Rachel's Dad: Passion? What does that mean?
Ethan: I dunno. You tell me.......... cause.. you're the DA, of course.

Nice save!

Rachel's Dad: It's certainly troubling. The latest report from the commissioners office suggests arson.
Rachel's Mom: Arson? Why would anyone do that?
Rachel's Dad: Any number of reasons. With everything going on in the world today, even a town like Arcadia Bay isn't immune to the ills of society.
Rachel's Mom: I cannot imagine how difficult these last few months have been for you, Ethan. Now that you and Rachel have become friends, I want you to know that our home is always open to you.
Ethan: Cool, thanks:.
Rachel's Dad: Well said dear. It's imperative that in troubled times like these we remember what's important to us. Family.

Oh that is so fucking rich coming from you.

I saw Rachel start fidgeting and looking more towards the table as her dad kept talking about how important family is

Ethan: Yeah! That's true. And also remember, Rachel, that even when shit's like, the lamest ever, you can always run away from whatever's bothering you. As long as you keep calm.

Rachel gave me an angry side eye.

Rachel's Mom: An interesting philosophy, Ethan.
Rachel's Dad: Yes, indeed. Not one that I would endorse, however. I favor confronting my problems head on. But to each their own.

Rachel: Oh, fucking blow me.
Rachel's Mom: Excuse me?!

I threw my fork on the ground.
Ethan: Ah crap! I'm so clumsy. Rachel can you come help me find another fork?
Rachel: Stop it, Ethan.

She sounded so stern and angry.

Rachel: I can't sit here and listen to this bullshit anymore.
Rachel's Dad: Rachel!
Rachel: Stop it, dad. You're a hypocrite, okay? I know! You lying, cheating, piece of shit motherfucker!
Rachel's Dad: Excuse me?!!
Rachel: We saw you. Yesterday. At the overlook.
Rachel's Mom: James?
Rachel: Kissing that woman!
Rachel's Mom: James??
Rachel's Dad: Rachel, honey, whatever you saw or think you saw... I know it's hard but I need you to trust me.
Ethan: Trust you? How the fuck can she trust you when she saw you playing tonsils hockey with some other woman. Best part is, she and I use the same drug dealer!
Rachel's Dad: That's enough! You are not welcome here or around my daughter any longer! I know exactly what kind of person you were from the moment I saw you, and I let my
wife's compassion get the better of me.
Ethan: Oh? What kind of person is that?!
Rachel's Dad: A delinquent. A broken boy from a broken home.
Rachel's Mom: That's enough, James! I will not have you continue to speak to her like this?

We kept arguing and arguing but then Chloe threw a bowl through the glass dining table, breaking it.

Rachel: Why can't you just tell me the fucking truth?! Stop lying. Stop being a politician for one fucking minute. Can't you just.. be my dad?

Rachel's Dad: Rachel, that woman you saw... that wasn't my mistress. That was your mother.

What the fuck?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 100 50
The follow up to LIFE IS STRANGE BEFORE THE ROMANCE Chloe x Male Character. Retailing of Life is Strange with Max, Chloe, and Tim as they try and fin...
5K 200 26
This is a Markiplier FanFiction about the game, "Life Is Strange." Max Caulfield is the new girl in the town of Arcadia Bay. She's a shy photographer...
4.5K 216 30
After her father died, Clare Price fell into a deep hole, while her sister Chloe did the exact opposite. While Chloe chose the rebellious path of gri...
9.3K 177 15
Max and Chloe made it out of Arcadia Bay after the storm. Now in hot and sunny Glendale, Arizona, they'll face challenges that they never have before...