The Royal Series : Book 1

By petra71120

yghjooojihu More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 19

10 0 0
By petra71120

"Is my tiara here yet?" I asked Arthur as my stylist put the finishing touches on my outfit for the gala.

"Just got here. It's quite pretty."

"I would hope so. With my look for tonight, I need the Crown to fit right in."

"I'm sure it'll work well." As soon as the stylist finished up, she brought the Crown and put it on me. It fit perfectly. I could now finally let Arthur see me.

"Babe..." He said as I stepped out of the dressing room.

"Now I know I look amazing."

"You really do. You absolutely do."

"Thank you babe. And you look absolutely dashing." He leaned down and kissed me. If I wasn't focused on my makeup, I would've actually encouraged him to go further. "Mmm."

"Being a few minutes late wouldn't hurt anyone."

"Yes, it would. Let's just go, and get it over with." The ride to Christiansborg Palace was very short. But as soon as we dropped from the car, the press ate us up. Arthur had his hand on my lower back, as we walked on the red carpet. We posed for a few pictures. A wave here and there, but generally, it was busy. We walked in, took a picture with my grandparents, and my uncle and his wife. We stood with them as we welcomed different dignitaries.

The evening passed rather quickly. The real event happened after the gala. We had just gotten back to Amalienborg Palace, when the whole family got called for a meeting. We didn't even get a chance to change.

"I called this meeting to discuss the future of this family, a family that will now include a member of the British Royal family." My grandmother turned to Arthur with a smile. "Arthur, I can't tell you how happy you've made Victoria. From what you've seen, I'm sure you know that we aren't perfect. But in that imperfection, I've always wanted my children and my grandchildren to find their happiness. Of all of my grandchildren, Victoria has had the hardest time finding her happiness within and away from the family. But now, she seems to have found it. And we all have you to thank for that."

Arthur gave a smile, and she gave a nod. She then turned to me. "Victoria, I know that I have been so hard on you. But it's all because I see so much potential in you. You have a beautiful soul. Your sister had the same bright light in her, but due to some mistakes made by the family, she lost that light. We won't make the same mistake with you. I just want you to be happy. Due to this, you will retain your place in the line of succession, alongside your title as the Countess of Monzepat."

"Thank you." I said lowly. In all truth, I really didn't care.

"By morning, we'll release the official statement. We all are truly happy for you, both of you." Arthur held my hand in his strongly. "That being said, Victoria, tomorrow is the 1k run. We'd all love it if you and Arthur would join. I know how much you love running every year."

"We'd love to. I think it'll be fun." I said with a genuine smile.

"Great. We'll see you bright and early by 7am tomorrow. Goodnight everyone." She left after saying that, and so did we.

"Excited about getting to keep your titles?" Arthur asked as we finally got into bed.

"It wasn't a priority, but I guess I am."

"So what is your priority?" He asked as he pulled me to his chest. I created imaginary circles with my finger on his bare chest as I spoke.

"Honestly, you. I've never been happier. I never want this feeling to end. You are, and will always, be the first thing on my list." He went quiet for a while. I leaned up on my elbow, and looked at his questioningly. "Something wrong?"

"I have something to tell you." He said as he sat up.

"What's going on?"

"After you left when Freja died, I was in a really bad place. All George ever wanted to do was make me feel better, so he was basically throwing a party every night."

"Cut to the chase, Arthur."

"I slept with my ex." I wasn't upset or mad. Shocked, definitely. But I couldn't get mad. I did leave. "Babe...say something. Anything would work for me right now."

"I...I need some air." I got up and changed into a black Jean and shirt, and I packed my hair into a messy bun.

"Victoria... I'm sorry."

"Don't wait up." I didn't want to think about it. I just wanted some space. When I was a kid, I used to sneak up to my grandfather's home office, whenever my mom made me angry. He had the coziest couch, and the softest rug, and the warmest fireplace. But my best part was his balcony. It had a view of the city. Especially the park. At night, you could see a few people staggering around. It always made me feel better to know that I wasn't the only one who was kept up by my problems.

I went into his office and poured a glass of whiskey. I took my drink to the balcony and just stood there. I didn't know if I had any right to be upset. I left, but he promised to wait. Why didn't he?

"Still sneaking up here, huh?" I turned to see my grandfather standing behind me.

"You knew?"

"You always left the pillow on the wrong side of the couch." He laughed as he wrapped a caring arm around my shoulder. "What is wrong, kæreste?" (Sweetheart?)

"Jeg har aldrig gjort dette før. Hele det seriøse forhold, og ikke bare med hvem som helst, med en, der vil være kongen af ​​England. Jeg er bange, og på en eller anden måde fortæller folk mig bare, hvor heldig jeg er. Hvorfor kan de ikke se, at jeg har brug for støtte?" (I have never done this before. The whole serious relationship thing, and not just with anyone, with someone who will be the King of England. I'm scared, and somehow, people just tell me how lucky I am. Why don't they see that I need support?)

"When I met your grandmother, I just thought that I had met the most adorable woman. I didn't bargain for this either."

"What do you mean?" I asked as I turned to face him.

"Your grandmother was running wild when I first met her. She was attending an event in Norway, and I was visiting family. We met at a bar, and she instantly caught my because she was going wild at the bar. She was ordering shots nonstop. I felt this excitement, and I thought that would last for a lifetime. She extended her trip, and we stayed in Norway for months. We were having fun, staying at a small cabin, and just enjoying each other's company. But, everything changed when she got the call about her father's death. It all changed, she changed. I had just proposed, and she had just become Queen. She didn't have the time to do all the things we used to do anymore. She had to focus on the country."

"But she had you to help."

"She did, because I made the choice to stay. Monarchs, you see, are very lonely people. They need people like us to step in and be their guide, ther moral compass. It's only going to get worse, Victoria. As his titles increase, his frustration will also increase. It's up to you to help him see the good in what he's doing. He needs you. He needs you to be there every step of the way. Otherwise, he'll crumble and fall apart."

"That's a lot of pressure on me."

"What did you think would happen when you fell in love with a Prince? You can't turn back now, I won't let you."

"So it's all about how it reflects on the family for you?"

"No. I won't let you because you're just having nerves. You love him, and we all see that, so we won't let you walk away because of some nerves." He made me turn to face him. "I want you to be happy, and you're happy with him. So, push all the nerves aside, and just be happy."

"What if he messes things up?"

"Then you fix it. That automatically becomes your job."

"Why? Because I'm a woman?"

"No, because you're not the monarch. They will mess up a lot, and you'll be there to smile and clean it up. Your job for the rest of your life with him will be to smile and wave. You will support all his decisions because that's what people expect you to do. But, if he's anything like your grandmother, he won't make any decision without you."

He had a point. I couldn't disagree with that. But I had to make Arthur see things from my point of view. And I knew this would lead to a fight, but I had to make him realise that I wasn't like every other woman.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
90.1M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
80.9K 2.1K 31
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...