NOT THE MAIN PROTAGONIST|Kth

By ThatGoldenApple

He was curious. Always has been ever since he saw her. He wanted to talk to her but she was so ... Unapproach... More

Formalities and Clues
1.╰┈➤BLOODY GREY
2. ╰┈➤ONE STEP AT A TIME.
3╰┈➤HALLUCINATED POSITIVITY
4.╰┈➤ VISIBILITY
5.╰┈➤LOVING TEA CUPS
6. ╰┈➤WEIRD
8.╰┈➤ROOMIE NEW
9.╰┈➤NEW AWARENESS
10╰┈➤GLANCES
11╰┈➤MOMO
12 ╰┈➤ UNSPOKEN SPARKS
13╰┈➤ THE CRUSH DISCUSSION
14╰┈➤CURIOSITY IN LOVE
15╰┈➤ANXIETY ON A TWIRL.
16╰┈➤STUPIDITY HOSPITALISED
17╰┈➤NAMJOON
18╰┈➤START OF SOMETHING
19╰┈➤STAY AWAY FROM ME
20╰┈➤ TONGUES AND CANDY
21╰┈➤SIMMERING FEELINGS
22╰┈➤ALITTLE BIT OF BOOZE.
23╰┈➤STEPS FORWARD
24╰┈➤ONE WITH THE PILLS

7. ╰┈➤LETTERS

46 8 12
By ThatGoldenApple

It was a spirited Friday morning. The dorms drowned with chatters, gasps, snide remarks.

"But he was handsome. Illegally handsome." A sophomore whined, popping bobby pins into her hair.

"I know, right? And smart." Another girl said beside her, swiping a gelled toothbrush along her edges. "But why did he leave so suddenly?"

"Cause school sucks. I mean...who enjoys books?"

"He is a top student. He masturbated to books."

There was an outburst of laughter.

"I'm sure he slept with some teachers to get them A's." Another girl said- a junior-pouting at her monolids as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. "Can someone help me attain the cat-eye look? I don't know how to put on this eyeliner without smudging it."

Done with her edges, the girl pulled back a few strands of her braids, washed her hands and assisted with the eyeliner. "Will they announce it during the assembly? There is no way they will not tell us what happened."

"It's Horizon High. They don't tell us anything unless someone is dead. It's how they don't talk about Taehyung and his free pass to A's without taking any exam." The Bobby-pinned girl rolled her eyes.

"We are talking about Nate. Taehyung is a taboo topic. Why do you think Nate got expelled?"

News travels fast. She was always the last one to catch on. How does everyone know about his expulsion at five in the morning? No one had been out of the dorms. Lorlei clutched her books, passed by the gossiping group to leave the dorm. She met Jimin downstairs as they both planned to study together this time, Momo tagging along.

Lorlei invited Irene (for the fourth time) and Irene declined, barely keeping eye contact, almost disregarding her like an annoying barking pup. Irene had been distant.

Or she was overthinking it.

Back to Nate. What? He has been expelled? Why?

Guilt crept up her neck. It had something to do with Tae and if she spoke to him as Nate had requested, he would be here transactioning her money to her savings account.

She pressed her eyes shut unaware of Jungkook's watchful eye.

That was a lot of money.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asked.

She looked at him, smiling at the small smile that greeted her. "Nothing. Sorry. I'm just shocked about Nate."

They held each other's eyes for a moment.

"Do you know what happened?" She asked.

"I don't. You are asking the question to the wrong person."

She almost scoffed. He is his best friend. They always know everything about one another. She was convinced Jungkook knew something but couldn't tell because...besties never tell.

Quiet.

There was a bitter taste at the back of her tongue. The bitter taste of the fact that Taehyung was the cause of Nate's expulsion. She knew it was a fact, yet she found herself not believing it. Taehyung is a sweet charm, kind, caring, funny with a relaxed vibe.

'tell him to leave my family matters.'

Nate and Taehyung? There is no plausible reason for Tae to mingle with Nate.

"Nate is a jerk. I'm sure he messed up somewhere." Jungkook finalised tapping his art theory book before them.

A jerk? That, she agreed to and maybe, Nate did really mess up and decided to use her. Was Taehyung bullied by Nate perhaps?

She internally gasped.

That made so much sense now that she thought of it.

Nate, a bully. It wasn't hard to believe,she was once a victim in her earlier years. Maybe, he threatened Taehyung, beat him up for a dare or something and Taehyung defended himself. Realising that Taehyung wielded some power that could affect his family, he panicked and cowered behind her to gain Taehyung's favour because...

She covered her cheeks behind her palms.

'Am I Tae's weakness,? Omygawd.'

To think she was about to defend Nate when he was on the wrong. Thank goodness she never said anything. She shuddered at the thought of losing Tae's trust. Phew! She saved herself by a nook.

"I'll head to class. " She stood up much to Jungkook's disappointment. "See you later."

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

7:14 AM

"Hey." Nate breathed behind her ear, his chest rising as he puffed short breathes as if he was from running.

She jumped, stepping back to face him. "Are you okay? I'm sorry I didn't..."

"It's not your fault."

They stood by the hallway close to the laboratories. The murmurs intensified, looks were tossed their way and there was a tense silence that wafted above them.

Nate didn't mind it.

Lorlei's brows knitted together with worry. His eyes were bloodshot, swollen and stuffed with exhaustion.

Even if he tried looking confident and nonchalant, his shoulders betrayed him, he looked like he wanted to shrivel up and disappear. He started speaking then rumbling, his eyes distant and forming sentences that were often incoherent.

Lorlei never interrupted him. He was talking about his regrets, his fears of what was to happen next.

Never did he mention Taehyung, nor cuss him out or blame him.

"So I wanted to say bye." He sighed, his voice cool, relaxed as people cleared out as they disappeared into their respective classes for the next session.

Why? She wanted to ask. They rarely spoke. He always made fun of her, made her feel pathetic, called her stupid on numerous occasions -but thanks to that she worked hard not to be.

He surprised her with a kiss on her cheek then said: "take care." Before he traipsed past her. Awkwardly, he stopped and took a small note out his pocket.

"The last favour." He smiled at her before walking away to the principal's office.

The paper in her hand was calligraphed in her name.

Within her note, lay another smaller one.

To: Sora

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Lorlei wasn't nosey, Sora's note was safely intact in her pocket. She looked over her shoulder after every few minutes. As she did so, for the third time this morning, she caught a glimpse of Taehyung.

For the first time this term, his seat was occupied and his eyes glued to a book.

Cute! Cute! Cuteeee!

She wished she had a camera. He looked up. Her heart fluttered and she anticipated for him to meet her gaze but instead, he looked to his left, the hand that cupped his cheek running through his hair to the back of his neck as he lingered his gaze to the other side of the room to an empty desk that felt detached from the room.

Lorlei smiled, thinking to herself how easily distracted Taehyung was. She looked to the window, admiring the greens of the plants before she dropped her gaze on her exercise book.

The bell rang and everyone marched down for assembly. Nate was never brought up.

Going back to class, she realised Sora hadn't arrived yet.

Once again, she caught Taehyung looking to his left.

She sat on her desk and pulled out her note.

I like u. The note begun. Alot. I don't know if u noticed it. I doubt you did. Why? Ur kind. Even if I made fun of u, humiliated u, u always helped me, listened to me. It felt nice. Putting emotions on paper isn't ma kinda thing. Sorry if this comes off vague but I mean every word maybe even more.

I also like ur face when you're thinking. It's funny in a cute way, easy to read. I like the comfort u emit. I like how hardworking u r. I like when u get irritated. Sorry not sorry. And I love that I atleast made you think of me. Exam season your mind was entirely on me I am aware. I cheated to keep it that way.

I luv u.

I wouldn't date u. This I am sincerely sorry. I would luv to, but I wouldn't. Playa thingz (⁠◠⁠‿⁠◕⁠). You deserve better.

Okay I hate writing and this sucks as I continue scribbling shit (I thought I would be more open, oops, seems this approach doesn't work 4 me.) But what I really wanted to say is thanku for everything. I hope we meet again and if we meet once again some time in the future,..I don't look forward to it, plz don't hate me. Don't judge me but assume nothing happened. Or that you don't know me. I wuld be embarrased to meet u after tday.

I'm not dumb.

She folded the paper and shoved it into her pocket not sure of what to think.

Nate cheated? That's the reason he was expelled? Did Taehyung disclose this information? But that didn't make sense. If Nate was expelled because of cheating, Taehyung shouldn't be in this school as well. It's not like Tehyung was innocent and something like this shouldn't be of Taehyung's concern.

That was a lie. Nate must have done something else to provoke him.

She looked at Sora's note that sat on her palm.

If you have reached this far, thankyou so much for reading. And sorry for the slow updates.

What does Nate have to say to Sora btw?🤔🤨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 10.7K 32
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
1.3M 58.1K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
465K 31.5K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
304K 9.1K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...