A YEAR WITH THE BILLIONAIRE

Da Eaglewoman20

Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she... Altro

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
THE END

CHAPTER 66

44.6K 1.6K 34
Da Eaglewoman20

Italy, VERONA CITY

Isabella's POV

Alejandro was there to welcome me immediately after I deplaned and got my suitcase.

He was there with two hefty bodyguards who don't speak English at all but have sunshades on to hide their eye colors.

He was holding a crafted paper that had my name on it. The moment I saw the name, my heart swells with joy.

He was grinning from ear to ear and it is obvious that he is extremely glad that I stuck to my promise. I am also happy to be finally here.

I didn't bother to ask Jayden to come with me anymore because I know he is busy and since he rejected the offer the other day I asked if we could go together.

I hope to enjoy my stay here, even though I miss home already.

Alexandro pulls me into a tight hug while his men take my suitcase.

"La moglie del mio amico è qu", he mutters before releasing me while I pout.

"What does that word mean?" I ask out of curiosity with a big grin on my face.

"My friend's wife is here!" He spread his arms out wide as he translated the sentence for me and I laugh. Not because of how ridiculous he looks right now but because of how he called me his friend's wife.

If only he knew!

I am so sure that Alejandro will be highly disappointed when Jayden and I get divorced and we tell him the truth about our union. It will be hard for him to believe because he likes me for Jayden, apparently.

Almost all the people I have met who know Jayden's relationship with Helena like me, except of course his Mother. It might probably be because they think I am the one who is meant to heal his broken heart or because they think Jayden will eventually find the happiness he deserves by being with me since we claim to love each other.

I know if I had a brother and he has a wife who makes him happy, I would definitely love her.

He entwines my hand with his and turns round. "Let's get you home."

"Home?" I ask, wondering what he means by that as I follow him slowly like a puppet.

"Yes, aren't you exhausted from your trip?" He questions with a raised brow.

"Well, yes. I am jet-lagged…"

"I already made a hotel reservation for you close to the Villa. I want you to freshen up, eat something, take a rest and I will come to get you later tonight."

"Ok?"

Silence falls till we get to the huge car. I click my tongue in amazement while the bodyguards open the door for us. Like a gentleman, Alejandro helps me into the car before climbing in beside me and the car roars to life immediately.

"How was your trip?" He breaks the silence, turning to stare at me with a light smile on his face.

I shrug nonchalantly. "It was fine."

I can't possibly tell him that this is my first time on a plane apart from when I was little and I went on a vacation with my parents. That was a long time ago and this flight felt like the first ever experience on a plane.

"Jayden didn't come? I thought you were going to cajole him to?"

"Well, I tried once to persuade him but he wouldn't budge. You know how stubborn he can be", I laugh shortly and he chuckles while nodding his head in agreement.

Silence creeps in slowly. Just then, my phone beeps to signify a message. 

Jayden's name flashes across my phone screen. "You must be in Italy now, how was your trip?"

An unconscious smile creeps to my face at the not-too-informal message. I am his wife for crying out loud. But fake.

"Is that Jayden?" Alejandro must have noticed my smile.

"Yes", he faces him. 

"A message? Don't tell me he is still unromantic."

I laugh. "He is trying."

"I heard what happened, though. How true is it?" His tone becomes serious and I let the smile on my face fade.

What is he talking about? Is it about the newspaper headlines Jayden and I tried to rule out two nights ago when we attended his so-called business associate's dinner party?

"What are you talking about?" I demand as he peers at me intensely.

"I'm talking about the papers…"

"Papers?" I fake ignorance. How did he know when he was in Italy?

"Yes, Isabella. Stop with the pretense. I'm talking about the rumors of you and Jayden not being real. Is it true? Is this a contracted marriage?"

"What? Of course not", I deny with a loud voice that surprises me too. Alejandro is watching me closely, trying to read through me to satisfy his curiosity.

I thought the show had helped to convince people that we are real and the rumors were true.

I was so sure Anna would report seeing us kissing to Jayden's mother and possibly tell other people too out of envy and jealousy.

"Are you sure?" His hand touches mine. "You can confide in me, you know."

Despite the irritation in me at his emphasis on telling the truth, I smile. "I know, right?"

"You know you can trust me?" I nod. "Then tell me what is happening."

"Alex, nothing happened. Jayden's mother doesn't like me and she is bent on seeing me leave Jayden…"

"Jayden's mother?" He asks, interrupting me.

"Yes. Well, I'm not sure if she is the one responsible for that rumor but I'm just telling you what I know", I am not lying entirely. "She was willing to offer me a million dollars to leave Jayden."

He gasps with his eyes growing large. "Che cosa?"

"Yes. This should be between us", I plead with my eyes. Jayden must not know that I told Alejandro something like this but I just have to say something to cover up and satisfy his curiosity. If I don't say anything, he will keep pestering me.

"Does Jayden know?"

I sigh. "I told him the very day she offered me the money and he was extremely mad. I don't know why she doesn't like me. She made me feel accepted before the wedding."

"I understand", his hand rests on mine again to assure me.

We both fall silent. To avoid more questions, I lean backward on the car seat and close my eyes.

I didn't come to Italy to think about my pathetic situation. I am here to enjoy a vacation away from my troubles.

Since Jayden isn't here, I shouldn't think too much about him. I shouldn't think about the kiss. Not the first one nor the second kiss which happened two nights ago.

I remember Jayden's message and I wonder why he isn't calling me instead. 

Is he busy with work? Did he spare just a few seconds to send me a text expecting a reply so he can be assured that I landed safely?

Before I can sit upright to send a reply to his text, the car comes to a stop and I look around to see that we are right in front of the hotel.

"Here we are!" Alejandro's announcement jerks me upright. "Welcome to Italia, signora!"

****

Jayden didn't go with her to Italy. Let's welcome our dear Isabella.

We hope Italy will bring her glad tidings😅🥰

Will her trip to Italy change things between her and Jayden or will it make things worst?

Air your views and don't forget to vote.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

208K 7.7K 55
"where are you going?" I asked him "she needs me I have to go, I'll be back soon" "it's our marriage day Mason. We are about to take our...
153K 2.9K 52
The mafia princess has gone, and the Queen has returned. Born to the most dangerous family in the world, Elle was a beautiful, innocent girl who has...
645K 19.2K 55
[Book One of the You Series] "Rules are meant to be broken, aren't they?" he whispered among my gasps. * Isabella Grace Greene. Brown Eyes, Chestnut...
120K 5.5K 39
#1 in Zac - 9/8/22 #1 in Wattpadromace - 11/01/22 One drunk night, Claire's already not so perfect life changes forever. What happens if after seven...