2. THIS IS ONLY THE BEGIN. ST...

De FeniceAlbatros32

SEQUEL TO "THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING. STORY OF AN ENDING NEVER TOLD' Present, past and future mingle in this... Mai multe

BEFORE STARTING THIS STORY...
DEDICATED TO YOU...
1. Memories of an unforgettable summer
2. Boarding!
3. With Yildiz under the stars
4. First day of school
5. Storm of emotions
6. So equal and so different
7. Agency or nursery?
8. Deren Keskin
9.Husband's club... or almost
10. The fateful dress rehearsal
11. Fate upsets the balance
12. Truth or Lie?
13. Magical Nights
14. Officially Mrs Cehver
15. Writing is what saves us
16. Muzo's decision
17. Chaos in the family
18. Hidden truths
19. A past that still hurts
20. Scent of trouble
21. Open eyes
22. If there was no Mihriban
23. Muzo B-Day, no bad day!
24. An upside-down day
25. In the right place, at the right time
26. The grandmother
28. Suspects
29. Thoughts, clarifications and twists
30. Timing game
31. Stubborn
32. Let destiny take its course
34. The birthday curse
35. Celebrations
36. The calm before the storm
37. Time bomb
38. Valley of Tears
39. Sisters
40. The Cehver Plan
41. Disturbing discoveries
42.Love has no criteria
43. Stories of a not too distant future (FINAL CHAPTER)

27. Weekend with friends

362 30 4
De FeniceAlbatros32

That evening, to lift the spirits in Divit's house, there were the children and the news about Ayhan. It was shaping up to be a very promising weekend.

The next day, the twins' friends would come with Emre and Ilker. While Leyla and Can would join them after the set with Osman and Guliz.

The following day, however, they had decided to celebrate the happy event with Ayhan, Cey Cey, Osman, Adile and the baby. It was a way of saying goodbye to the family of actors who would be returning home that evening.

Saturday afternoon arrived and Sanem welcomed the children and their companions.

Dilara, invited by the girls, arrived with her mother. While Hatay, arrived accompanied by an old lady.

Sanem welcomed them with all the enthusiasm she had. She was as excited as her children's first day at school.

When the little ones noticed her enthusiasm, Ates immediately commented: "Mummy didn't make them the owl sandwich too, did she?"

Yildiz stretched his neck to check the table set up. "Hmm... no, it seems not." she replied.

"Ates, for you now owl sandwich = excited mum, is that it?" her brother asked her.

"Ah, don't start with the maths, eh! Ugh, all those numbers... at home too?" she huffed.

Her brother laughed. "What numbers? All that for using an equal, Ates?" he asked her. "Where's the maths here?" he asked.

"Of course this is maths! I saw it in a book. Where there are all these symbols, it's mathematics. And it irritates me, so stop!" she told him, scratching her arms itching.

"Then scratch." her brother replied, sticking his tongue out at her.

Ates stopped scratching the mosquito bite on her arm and glared at him seriously.

"Ha ha, but how nice you are!" she commented.

"Ah, look they're here!" exclaimed Yildiz.

"Mama?" called Ates to her. Sanem was in the kitchen tidying up.

"Mama, they're here!" repeated Deniz.

"Ah, I'm coming!" exclaimed Sanem hurriedly stowing her apron. She had prepared the table on the porch with snacks and drinks. In fact, the children wasted no time and ran to meet their little friends, heading straight to play on the trampoline.

It was the first time Sanem had the opportunity to get to know other parents from the school up close.

They introduced themselves and got to know each other.

Dilara's mother, Mrs Alis, was a well-groomed woman with an easy manner. Outwardly she might have given the impression of a serious and unsociable lady, but in reality she discovered through talking to her, that she was just a mixture of defensiveness and shyness. She also discovered that she was not from a 'wealthy' background, she had also been a 'child of the neighbourhood' and was well acquainted with people's prejudices. She recounted that she had met her husband in the last year of high school. He was the newcomer. His family, well-to-do, had just moved to Turkey.

Finding such an exquisite person was for Sanem a breath of fresh air that eased the initial pressure her family (especially her mother and sister) had put on her.

In fact she was delighted when shortly afterwards she saw Leyla arrive with Ilker.

The old lady, however, did not say a word the whole time, looking uncomfortable.

So, Sanem tried to engage her more.

"How is Hatay? My son Deniz told me about the accident." she added.

"Hatay is better now, well, he's not fully recovered, he's doing some rehabilitation. The doctor suggested keeping him on the move so that the current limp disappears completely." replied the lady.

"For the cast?" asked Dilara's mother. A sign that she knew too.

"Yes." replied the woman.

"Ah, then the trampoline is perfect for that." replied Sanem laughing. "Here he can do all the gymnastics he wants, run, play... whenever he wants, really." she offered.

"My son seems to be very attached to his grandson." she said with a smile.

The woman was about to reply when Alis commented: "The estate is really beautiful, congratulations." she said looking around.

"Ah, thank you!" replied Sanem, "It's our piece of paradise." she admitted proudly.

"I'll give you a tour, if you like." Promptly proposed Sanem.

"Mama!" exclaimed Dilara, joining her.

"Tell me, my child." she said. Then realized. "Ah, come here, how shameful, you haven't even introduced yourself to Mrs Divit." said Alis.

"Don't worry, they are children. They want to play, and it's only fair. That's what they are here for after all, right?" said Sanem winking at Dilara.

With that gesture Sanem won over the little girl, who approached shyly, repeating what she had been taught: "How are you, ma'am? My name is Dilara." she said, holding out her hand.

"Oh, nice to meet you Dilara." Sanem replied, reciprocating that squeeze. "I am Sanem. You can call me that." she confided in her in a whisper.

The little girl then went up to her ear and covering her mouth so as not to be seen said: "Mama wants you to call everyone sir or madam."

"Ah, but with me you can make an exception. I don't like the name "ma'am", you know?" she told her in a whisper.

"Neither do I." admitted Dilara.

They both burst out laughing.

"What do you confab with Mrs Divit, Dilara?" asked Alis.

"Ah, don't worry, my sister knows how to win children over." said Leyla taking part in the conversation. "She will understand shortly."

"Ah, sorry. I did not introduce you. As Leyla just pointed out, she's my sister. Leyla, this is Mrs Dilara and Mrs Behice," she said pointing at her.

"How are you?" replied Alis immediately with a friendly smile.

"Nice to meet you." Mrs Birce replied more formally.

"No mum." replied Dilara to mum's question.

"Hmm..." she commented. "What did you want to ask me?" she reminded her.

"Ah!" she remembered.

"Mrs Sanem? Um... I meant to say, Sanem? Ates said you have chickens, is that true? Can we see them?" she asked.

"Dilara!" her mother shot her back.

"No, don't scold her. I only asked to be called Sanem. 'Madam' never appealed to me." she admitted, wrinkling her nose.

"And of course you can see them. Let's go!" she said.

Alis stood up together with Sanem.

"Sister? Mrs Birce?" she asked.

"Um, sister, I'll stay here with Ilker." she said.

"Is it very far?" asked the lady.

"Um, no, it's around the corner here. Would you like me to give you a hand?" offered Sanem seeing her struggling.

"No. Daughter, thank you, no need." she replied briefly.

Sanem looked at the woman. She couldn't understand her.

"Mama look! How many are there!" exclaimed Dilara.

"Did you see?" her mother told her.

Sanem looked at her watch and then proposed: "Children, why don't you show your friends how to feed them, huh?"

"Yes!" exclaimed Ates.

"Wait." she said, opening the gate. "Follow me, come inside" said.

"Are you afraid?" asked Dilara and Hatay.

"No, but they don't peck, do they?" asked Dilara seeing them so close.

"Give us your hand Dilara." said Yildz and Ates. "You'll see they won't do anything to you."

Deniz, entered, Hatay on the other hand had stood in the doorway hesitantly.

"Come on. They won't do anything." Deniz encouraged him.

"No, I'd rather go out." he said, returning behind the net.

"Come on, Hatay!" insisted Deniz.

Sanem looked at him.

"Deniz, don't insist, if Hatay doesn't want to, let him do what he feels like." resumed Sanem. She observed that the grandmother had remained silent in the background. And the child kept his distance from her. It seemed strange to her.

Slowly, from inside the cage, after filling the children's little hands with feed, she walked around the enclosure until she reached Hatay's height. He was watching the hens at his feet. So Sanem lowered herself in front of them, and talking to them, as she was wont to do, gave them food. Seeing that the child was watching her, she addressed him.

"You don't like chickens much, do you?" asked Sanem.

"Not much." he admitted shyly.

"And what is your favourite animal?" she then asked with a smile.

"Dogs." he said "Because with them it's easy to interact, with chickens on the other hand, apart from pecking..." dropped the sentence Hatay.

"Ah... I get it. In fact... " admitted Sanem.

"I really like dogs too, you know?" she told him.

Then she whistled.

"Haydut!!!!" she called him.

Suddenly they heard barking. And from around the corner came Haydut with one of Can's slippers in his mouth.

Perfect, she told herself. Can would be happy. He had stolen yet another pair from his.

Sanem came out of the cage with the children, attracted by the dog, closing it behind her.

"Haydut, again?!" scolded Sanem with her hands on his hips upon seeing the slipper.

"No! Daddy's slipper!" exclaimed Deniz.

"Oh, oh, Haydut is in trouble. When Dad finds out..." thought Ates with a grimace.

Meanwhile, from the exact moment the dog popped up, Hatay lit up.

"Come here scoundrel." called Sanem to him.

Haydut looked at her with the slipper in his mouth.

"If you don't come here, no bone for you. Understand?" she said pointing her finger at him.

Asil smiled.

Hatay was attracted to the dog. Undeterred, he immediately approached, stroking his muzzle. "Hello, boy!" he said smiling.

Faced with that celebration, he looked at him, and began to wag his tail, letting go of the slipper. He threw himself on the floor with his belly out, ready for a cuddle.

"How is that possible?" asked Sanem as he looked at Deniz.

Deniz returned the look of surprise and bewilderment at how easily he had managed to make the dog yield.

"Wow, that's a gift! He can train dogs." said Ates.

"Well done, Hatay. You have a way with dogs, I see. I can tell you like them. And they like you." commented Sanem.

"Come on back to the shade, children. Aren't you hungry?" said Sanem under the sun.

"Haydut you too, come." said seeing the dog's expression.

"You have found a new friend Haydut today." Deniz told him.

Once on the porch, Sanem asked Hatay: "Would you like to feed him?"

"Sure!" he exclaimed happily.

"Then come, let's prepare the bowl." Sanem told him, motioning to follow him into the kitchen.

Once they were ready, they went back outside and placed them next to his kennel.

Haydut bore down as usual, while Hatay sat on the floor beside him watching him fascinated.

At that point he called out to him. "Haydut? Look!" he said, pulling out a brand new bone from behind his back.

The dog pointed at it, sitting upright in front of him.

"Do you want it?" asked Hatay.

The dog barked once.

"Ah, he answers, look mama!" exclaimed Ates.

"I saw, I saw." replied Sanem.

"Hatay, next time he steals a pair of slippers I'll call you, to take them back." joked Sanem.

"No problem." he replied.

"And... go!" he said, throwing the bone into the middle of the garden in front of the pool. Haydut ran, caught it, and squatted quietly in the green grass, munching it greedily.

Hatay followed him, sat down again at his side, and unexpectedly the dog rested its muzzle on his crossed legs, letting him pet it.

They remained like that for a while.

The other children took two snacks and went back to the trampoline, Hatay preferred to stay with Haydut.

Grandma smiled.

"Good with dogs, eh?" asked Sanem.

Mrs Birce replied: "Actually, it's the first time I've seen him so smiling and comfortable." she admitted.

"He's been through a lot." she added.

"He's a good boy, though." Sanem commented. "She'll be proud of her grandson I guess." added again.

"There... actually, Hatay is not my grandson." the lady finally clarified. "I mean... I am not the grandmother."

"My God, I'm sorry, what a bad impression I made." said Sanem covering her mouth.

"Are you his aunt?" she then asked.

"No, not even." replied the woman.

"What do you mean? My son told me you are his grandmother because of that. Forgive me for calling you that several times, but I swear I didn't know." she apologised again.

"Don't worry, not many people know." Birce admitted. Then after looking around, confirming the children's distance, she said:

"I am Mrs Birce Unal." said and then added: "Hatay is in my care. I am his social worker."

"Ah... his social worker?" asked Sanem surprised.

"Yes, Hatay was born under not at all simple circumstances." explained the lady.

"ah, poor baby." commented Alis.

"Now I understand." replied Sanem who remained silent.

Mrs Birce looked at her.

"What are you referring to?" she asked.

"Deniz always told me that Hatay had no parents." Sanem recalled.

"But he had a grandmother, didn't she, then?" she asked.

"No, unfortunately." admitted Mrs Birce regretfully.

"If I am not too prying... what happened to his parents?" asked Sanem feeling sorry for the poor child.

Leyla and Mrs Asil remained silent in listening.

"Are they..." tried to ask Sanem hesitantly.

"Dead? Ah, no." replied Mrs Birce.

"They are alive and well, as far as we know. Hatay was born under difficult circumstances, in a place where babies should not be born. And icing on the cake, once he was born, his mother did not recognise him. He was an obstacle for her." she recounted.

"His mother abandoned him as soon as he was born?" asked Leyla shocked.

"Yeah. In fact, his mother did everything not to carry the pregnancy to term." said Birce.

"My God..." commented Alis bringing a hand to her mouth.

"But Hatay clung to life with all his might." he concluded.

"And he did it." she added with a smile.

"My God...that's really terrible." commented Sanem.

"And the father?" she asked. "I mean, a grandmother, a relative...didn't he have anyone who could take care of him?"

"Not that I know of." Birce replied. "I don't think he has any relatives, or if he does, no one has ever come forward." she explained.

"Excuse me, but I didn't understand, does he live with you? Are you taking care of him?" asked Leyla.

"No, I can't do that, it goes against my job. I'm just making sure he soon has a family that will give him all the attention he deserves." replied the lady.

"So you are looking for a family to adopt him, did I get that right?" asked Sanem.

"Exactly." replied Mrs. Birce.

"And... are there any volunteers?" asked Leyla.

"Well, Hatay is not a simple child at all. He has his own traumas, and it is difficult for him to feel at home. He has always lived in the family home since he was born. And he's still like that." said Birce looking at him as he stroked Haydut.

"He doesn't know what it means to have a home, a loving family, a father, a mother, brothers..." he said with a sad look.

"He's always been alone." she concluded.

"That's why he's so on his own..." commented Sanem nodding, casting a glance at the poor child who was so peaceful.

"Mrs Sanem, if you please, I would like to say a few words. I was very glad of your invitation today, Hatay needs to be in company, to have friends, to laugh and have carefree fun." opened Mrs Birce.

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine. My son seems to really care about him, and that only pleases me." she admitted.

"There, and here we come to the point." said Birce, "If your son talks to you about him, I'd love to know what you think. Having a point of view of one of his little friends, it might help." she said.

"Maybe he confides things to him that he doesn't tell me given my position. He's a very intelligent child." she added.

"Mh, of course, of course. If I can be of more than willing help. And I will tell you more, Hatay can come to us whenever he wishes. Be it for the animals, for my son's company or for something else. The door of our house is always open." offered Sanem with a heart of gold.

"Thank you." replied Mrs Birce, a serious-looking and perhaps gruff, but good-hearted lady. She reminded her a little of Mrs Remide.

"Ah! Deren has arrived." said Leyla seeing her getting out of the car.

Sanem stood up. "Deren?" she asked in amazement.

"Yep, that's her all right. Look, and there's Bulut and Burak too." she said seeing them close the doors.

"Deren?" called her Sanem flinching to be seen.

"Ah, Sanem!" she greeted her. All three of them set off down the path to join her. Sanem noticed their clothing. All three were casual, including Deren. She was almost in camp clothes. Sanem ran towards them with open arms, looking at Deren questioningly.

"Deren? What are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to be on set with Can?" she asked.

"I'm done, Can dismissed me earlier and since Bulut had to come and sort some things out in the garden we said to visit you. Did I make a mistake?" asked Deren uncertainly.

"No, no! Deren, what are you talking about! Of course you can come whenever you want, you don't need my invitation. I'm just surprised. I didn't expect this. And in camp clothes too..." she said, looking at her.

Bulut and Burak laughed.

"With two of us, it was easier to convince her." Bulut said, looking at his brother.

Also dressed in t-shirts, shorts and boots.

"The doctor said the sea air, sun and fresh air would be good for me, so I said to myself, what better place than Sanem's estate?" she asked rhetorically.

"You did well. There is no better place." she replied confidently.

Burak looked around in curiosity.

"Nice here." he said.

"Ah, and Burak will give me a hand in the vegetable garden." Bulut quickly explained.

"Ah, Burak, forgive me. Meanwhile, welcome to the estate. So we have a new labourer, eh?" she teased him, exchanging a wink with Bulut.

He laughed.

"We'll put him to work, see what he can do." said his brother.

"I'm ready." replied Burak.

"Bulut, give him a tour of the estate. I'll join you as soon as I can." said Sanem, casting a glance at the porch.

"Ah! Who are those?" asked Deren, seeing two women together with Leyla.

There are two little friends of the twins playing with them.

"Ah, then I won't bother you, I'll go for a walk with them." said Deren.

"See you later." she added.

"No need really. You can join us if you want." Sanem told her.

"Don't worry, I'll take a walk and then join you. You go back to your guests." she told her.

"OK, as you wish. I'll be waiting for you, eh!" reminded her Sanem.

"Alright. Alright." said Deren as he set off.

Sanem went back to entertaining the guests until Can and Emre arrived.

"Ah, Dad's here, Ilker, look!" said Leyla.

"One minute." realised Sanem. "But wasn't Emre supposed to be there instead of you today? And weren't you supposed to be on set? What's going on?" she asked confused.

"Ah, now you realise? Good morning, sister!" exclaimed Leyla laughing.

"There was a change of plans. Can wanted it that way." he replied shrugging.

"When? How? Why don't I know anything about it?" asked Sanem bewildered.

Meanwhile, Alis and Mrs Birce were entertaining the children while they were having a snack.

Leyla got up to meet Emre. "Look, there's Daddy! Do you want to go to Daddy?" she asked.

Ilker flinched. Then Emre, with a beaming smile, spread his arms and stretched his stride to join his family and take his son.

"Daddy!!!!" exclaimed the twins as they ran towards him.

"Ah, there are my little sailors!" he exclaimed as he lowered himself with his arms outstretched ready to greet them.

Dilara and Hatay stood aside.

"Come daddy, let us introduce you to our friend." said the two princesses of the house pulling him by the hands.

"This is Dilara." said Yildiz.

"Yeah, and this is CapCan." replied Ates.

"Hi Dilara. What a beautiful name. How are you?" said Can.

"Nice to meet you Mr. CapCan." she replied, holding out her hand, Can kissed it like a true gentleman. Then he caressed her, smiling at her.

"And what have you been up to?" he asked.

"We jumped on the trampoline!" exclaimed Ates jumping on the spot.

"I had no doubt." replied her father.

In all this, Hatay watched the scene afar, from the sidelines. Sanem saw a certain sadness in his eyes, and noticed that Deniz saw as much, in fact he approached him.

"Dad!" he called him aloud. "Come here, meet my best friend Hatay," he said.

Sanem smiled.

Can approached him. "Oh, nice to meet you Hatay. I am Can. Can Divit." he said hoping he would tap the five he was proposing in the air.

Hatay stood still. Then he held out his hand, saying: "How are you, my name is Hatay. Hatay Yuksel." he said in a formal tone.

"Yuksel?!" asked Deren behind Can's back. She had just arrived with Bulut and Burak at her side.

Deren was shocked. Bulut and Burak looked at her.

"Deren are you alright?" her husband asked her.

"Huh? Ah, yes, everything is fine." she lied. Then he approached the child and playfully said to her: "What a beautiful surname you have!"

Can also remained silent and confirmed. "Really nice surname." he said. Then seeing the child's frown, he added: "Don't mind her, she is like that." he said, pointing at Deren.

Mrs Birce seeing that exchange came closer.

"Um, Hatay, why don't you go back and play with Deniz?" she proposed politely.

The child looked at them seriously and then obeyed, approaching Deniz.

"Something wrong with the surname Yuksel?" asked Mrs. Birce.

"Ah, um... no. Sorry, it reminded me of someone for a moment. Then I realised I was mistaken." explained Deren.

"Um... Is he your grandson?" she then asked. "He's such a sweet child." added Deren to cover her figure.

Sanem remained silent waiting for Mrs. Birce to give the explanation she wanted.

"Um, he's not. I'm his social worker, actually. You, on the other hand? Who do I have the pleasure of talking to?" Mrs Birce asked.

"Social worker?" asked Deren. Can also looked at his wife puzzled. Sanem nodded.

"Um, let's come in, let's not stand." said Sanem inviting everyone to sit on the porch.

At that point he made the official introductions.

"Mrs Birce, this is my husband, Can." she said.

"How are you, ma'am. Can Divit." he said, extending his hand to her.

"My pleasure, son. I am Mrs Birce Unal." he replied.

"She, on the other hand, is Deren, a friend, and work colleague, accompanied by her husband and brother-in-law." she said introducing Bulut and Burak as well.

"This is Emre, Can's brother and my sister's husband," she said, pointing at him.

"Nice to meet you ma'am." said Emre, holding Ilker in his arms, shaking her hand.

"My pleasure." replied the lady.

"Ah, such beautiful youth." she commented.

Once they had also introduced themselves to Dilara's mother, Emre and Leyla decided to go home, Ilker had collapsed from sleep in his father's arms.

Dilara's mother too, after a brief conversation, decided it was time to go home, so they too left. That left Deren, Bulut and Burak, Can, Sanem and Birce among the adults. Deren as Sanem greeted her guests, observed the child.

"Bulut? We are going to the garden!" Yildiz and Ates exclaimed specially.

They liked to make him angry.

"Ah, no, eh! I'll catch you, eh! Clever little girls!" exclaimed Bulut.

"They really are your daughters, eh, Sanem?" he then said before snapping to protect his work.

The girls had already left.

"Wait, I'd better come too. I'm scared for my flowers!" Sanem admitted.

"Will you excuse me for a moment? With your permission." said Sanem addressing Mrs Birce directly.

"Please, don't worry." she replied.

"Can you handle this?" she asked to her husband.

"Of course." he replied.

"Come here, you two, let's make a wreath!" she called back, trying to distract them.

"I'll come too!" said Burak.

"Come, come, so I can take the opportunity to show you something you haven't seen yet." said Sanem.

"Ah, if you're talking about Can the scarecrow, I already know everything! Bulut just told me." he said, hiding a smile.

"It's comical, isn't it?" asked Sanem laughing in turn.

"There, creative, I'd say." replied Burak.

Meanwhile, left alone, Deren took the opportunity to ask Mrs Birce a few questions.

"Excuse me, but I was struck by what you said earlier. How come that child is in the care of social services? I mean, what happened to his parents?" asked Deren.

Can was also curious, but did not ask the question, having realized that his wife knew about it. He would have asked her.

Mrs Birce looked at her. She noticed around Deren's neck the necklace calling angels.

"Sorry, maybe I was too impulsive, but you know... lately topics like: custody, children and family, they touch me a lot." she said bringing a hand to her belly.

"Ah, I understand. Congratulations by the way." Mrs. Birce told her.

Deren thanked her.

"Well, she wasn't intrusive or anything. I know well that, when I accompany Hatay and say that I am a social worker, the question arises." the old lady replied.

"Here, my husband and I, we are also dealing with a custody case that concerns us closely, that is... in our case, however, the person at the centre of this, is an adult and we, in order to protect him, would like to obtain custody of him legally. My husband, who is a lawyer, is taking care of that." Deren explained, seeing the woman a bit uncertain about her curiosity. She thought that sincerity might open her up as much as possible.

"Ah, I see. Well, in your case, speaking as a social worker, I can tell you that in cases of majority, there is a need for the approval of the person in question, but it is also true that if the boy or girl is not financially independent, then he or she must be entrusted to those who can guarantee stability until he or she is independent. The family that decides to offer custody, for the sake of the subject, must be assessed from every point of view, especially if it is at the centre of a legal debate. Usually such an evaluation is carried out by a figure like mine." she explained.

"Ah... there, I admit that some of the points you explained I did not know." Deren replied, casting a glance at Can, beside her.

"Here, excuse me, but... the social worker, in these cases, what exactly does check when visits the family?" asked Deren then.

"That's it, of course it changes from situation to situation, but in principle I can tell you that once it is ascertained that the boy's family is not suitable to take care of him, the social worker visits the family that wants to take him in, making sure that it is the best place for the person in question. Our job is to ensure the best for the people we protect." she said.

"Hmm, I see..." Deren replied thoughtfully.

"Well, if you're wondering exactly what we look at, in principle I would tell you that the important aspects are: a close, loving family, a welcoming house, with the space necessary for the child to feel welcome and at home. But a large part depends on the talks we have with the foster parents. That is why, even when the foster children come of age, they are still followed up by us over time, with visits and talks, to make sure that everything is running smoothly. Sometimes they are also followed up step by step by a psychologist if they have suffered abuse or trauma." Birce explained.

Deren listened attentively. Without knowing it, she had hit some very important points for her.

"I don't know if I was helpful... I don't know you case, of course." Mrs Birce added, hearing Deren's silence.

"No, no, you are been really helpful. More than you can imagine. I thank you." said Deren. "I just hope the little one's situation is not that bad." Deren added.

"Well, his situation is very complex, unfortunately." repeated Birce with a sigh.

"Did Hatay have a trauma?" asked Deren.

Birce nodded. "As I explained to Mrs Sanem, Hatay was born under circumstances that were not at all simple. And his parents did not want to know anything about him."

"What exactly do you mean by not simple conditions, excuse me?" asked Can.

"Well, I mean that the place where he was born is not suitable for children." replied Birce.

"What do you mean? Where did the mother give birth?" asked Deren increasingly curious.

Birce made sure the children were at a distance before answering.

"In prison." she replied.

Deren became paralysed. "In jail?" she asked again.

"Yeah..." replied Birce.

"Is that why he was entrusted to you?" asked Can. "Because his mother couldn't take care of him?" he asked.

"Not really." replied Birce.

Then she added: "It wasn't just the place of birth that was the problem... i mean, his mother didn't recognise him."

"She didn't recognise him?!" exclaimed Deren stunned.

"She didn't want him from the beginning, and although she carried the pregnancy, during all the months, she tried everything to interrupt it. But at the last we managed to convince her to at least give birth." said Birce.

"The mother had a lot of sessions with the psychologist to be convinced, and finally she seemed to change her mind. She gave birth, but she didn't want it. It was an obstacle for her.... A mistake," Birce explained.

"Hatay..." thought Can.

Birce looked at him nodding.

Deren realised at that moment. "Hatay means mistake..."

"Excuse me but Yuksel is a surname given by whom? If his mother didn't recognise him..." asked Deren.

"No, once she was convinced to give birth, the mother, despite her decision, decided to give him one last 'gift' if you can call it that."

"What kind of mother is she!" exclaimed Deren without restraint. "Giving one's child a name like that is like branding him for life." she blurted out.

Mrs Birce nodded silently.

"Deren..." resumed Can for her tone of voice.

Deren apologised. Then she remained in thoughtful silence.

"What about the father?" asked Can.

"What father?" was Birce's reply.

Can realised he was not there.

"Is he dead?" asked Deren.

"No, we don't know for sure, but we don't think so, the mother never revealed. Surely the biological father doesn't even know he has a son." replied Mrs. Birce bluntly.

"Just a minute!" she exclaimed at one point.

"So the surname also belongs to the mother, or is that wrong?" she recalled.

"Well, from the documents, we understand that it does, but who can tell..." replied Birce somewhat confused by the case at hand.

Deren looked at Can with wide eyes.

"Excuse me, but how old is Hatay? He looks older than my children..." asked Can.

"Hatay goes to the same school as your sons. They are not the same age, of course. They are not in the same class, he is 10." she explained.

"Excuse me, but I have to ask at this point. What is the mother's name?" asked Deren increasingly convinced of an idea that was running through her mind.

"She remained anonymous." replied Birce. "So she wanted." added.

"What do you mean? She just said her mother gave her name... so Yuksel might not be her mother's surname, I'm confused." admitted Deren touching her forehead.

"True, her mother gave her name, but as she chose the name, she might as well have chosen the surname as well." she admitted.

"Ah... for a moment I thought..." commented Deren with a sigh of relief. Then she returned thoughtfully.

"Excuse me and where does Hatay live now?" asked Can.

"Hatay has been living in a group home since birth." replied Mrs. Birce. "I've been dealing with his case since the beginning and I'm looking for a family who can take care of him." she explained.

"He hasn't found the right family yet?" asked Deren.

"Deren..." resumed Can.

"What? What did I say?" she asked.

Then she reflected and realising the misunderstanding, she quickly corrected herself.

"No, I'm not accusing her... I mean, I'm not saying she's not good at her job, on the contrary... I'm just surprised that since her birth the right family hasn't been found yet." explained Deren.

"Well, it is not an easy case, and I have to be very careful and selective with candidates. My aim is to protect the child and guarantee him the best possible future." said Birce confidently.

"I cannot compromise." she added.

Can nodded. "Absolutely right, I completely agree with her."

"I'm sure he will find the best family for him." Deren added with a friendly smile.

Can watched his son enjoying theirself with his little friend and felt like adding:

"Probably if he has spoken to my wife I am sure she has already told this, and just in case I will repeat myself, but... if Hatay likes to come and play with my children... I mean, if we can get him distracted in any way, you can call us without any problem." said Can handing her a business card from Fikri Harika, his and his wife's contact details were written on it.

When Mrs Birce, after thanking him, took the business card in her hand and read the name of the company, she froze. For a moment her bespectacled eyes remained fixed on the piece of paper in her hands, then she slowly lifted her gaze, still fixed, and placed it on Can.

For a split second Can read the shock in her eyes.

Then she turned that expression into a friendly smile, thanking him again.

"Well, now I think it's time to go." she said as she stood up.

"Hatay?" she called to him.

Deniz and Hatay approached.

"Hatay, it's getting late. We have to go back." she said.

Can immediately read the change in the child's mood. The smile on his slightly sly lips faded.

"But I was having fun." he replied.

"I know, baby, but we'll be back, I promise, OK?" said Mrs. Birce.

"Ah! Are you leaving?" asked Sanem as she returned to them with Bulut and Burak.

"Yes, Mrs Sanem, it's time to go back." she said.

Sanem noticed the displeased look on her son's face and went up to him, stroking his hair. He leaned back on her legs.

"Ah, but we are waiting for you again, aren't we Deniz?" his mother asked looking at him.

"Yes! Come back again! We'll have a good time!" exclaimed Deniz regaining some brio.

"Sure, come back anytime! Our doors are open..." confirmed Can.

"Hear that, Hatay?" asked Mrs. Birce, holding him close.

Hatay nodded.

"We are waiting for you whenever you want. And Haydut too. Look, he came to greet you." said Sanem, seeing him approaching.

Hatay looked at the dog, who came up to sniff him.

The boy stroked his muzzle and greeted him. "Hello Haydut. Hello boy." he said cheering him on.

"Thank you all for the invitation, and the availability." replied Mrs. Birce cordially.

"Thank you for coming." Sanem replied.

She then leaned over to Hatay and asked him: "Did you have a good time?"

Hatay replied, nodding, then added: "Very much." with a smile.

"And did you have fun?" she asked her son.

"A lot mum." replied Deniz.

"Oh..." commented Deren witnessing the scene, hormones raging. She pouted, about to cry.

"Well, come on then, I'll see you soon. And in the meantime you'll see each other at school!" recalled Sanem.

"Right." confirmed Can.

"Come on, say hello to everyone Hatay." said Birce.

"Bye..." he said shyly.

"And how do you say?" added Birce.

"Thank you... for everything." he said looking at Sanem. She knew he was referring to Haydut.

"Ah, Can, you know Hatay is a master with Haydut? He saved your slipper!" said Sanem.

"Ah, my slipper again... then I must thank you!" said Can approaching to exchange a five with him.

Hatay reciprocated with a smirk. The more he observed him, the more familiar that smirk seemed to him.

"It'll mean you'll teach me how to deal with that rascal next time." Can added with a gentle smile.

"Come on, Hatay, let's go." said Birce.

They said goodbye to everyone and then left.

"Bye Hatay! See you soon! See you at school!" barreled Ates along with her sister, energetic as ever as she waved at him from afar.

"What a dear child..." commented Bulut.

"Yeah..." replied Deren, casting a glance at Can.

"Huh? Come on, let's all have dinner together, shall we?" proposed Sanem pleased as a child.

"No, but we don't want to disturb, that's it..." replied Deren immediately.

"But what disturbance, Deren!" exclaimed Sanem "Don't say that even in jest, right Can?" asked Sanem confirmation.

"No, indeed, my wife is perfectly right." he replied.

"And afterwards let's take a nice walk to the pier to look at the stars." said Sanem.

"We will introduce the Phoenix and Albatros to Burak, won't we children?" asked Sanem.

"Yes!!!" they exclaimed.

"It's our boat, you know? We are the sailors and dad is the captain!" exclaimed Ates.

"Oh, really?" asked Burak surprised.

"Sure, and Deniz is studying to be captain, isn't that right daddy?" added the bratty little one of the house.

"That's right, my daughter." replied Can.

"Then it will mean that you will show what you have learnt to Burak." said Sanem.

"We will teach you a lesson." replied Ates speaking directly to him.

"Ohhh..." commented Bulut.

"I'm really curious to hear this lesson." replied Deren.

"Come on, pupil Burak... to the table." commented patting his brother on the shoulder.

Everyone laughed. 

__________________________

Hello readers :)

thank you for reading the 27th chapter of the story.

See you soon with the next one. 

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

262K 18.7K 139
Here is the story of Sanem Aydin and Can Divit. It will be different but, some parts of EK will be thrown in. When two people are pushed to the side...
44.5K 2.4K 29
Snippets of alternate outcomes in the lives and enduring love story of Can Divit and Sanem Aydin. When I started out with this story, I only intended...
377K 13.9K 38
"I am pregnant," I blurted. "What???" Harish and Kavya shouted in unison. "Hey kiddo, you gotta lose your virginity to be pregnant," Kavya said. I...
26.3K 2.4K 65
14 year old Sanem, just received a scholarship for being top of her class, to one of the most prestigious schools in Instanbul. It won't be easy for...